Why did anime go from 120 episodes a show to 60 to 24 to 12?

why did anime go from 120 episodes a show to 60 to 24 to 12?

is it like inverse murphy's law

because you wasted all resources on night battles.

People don't want to watch eva and simpson like garbage over and over, sadly while japan has no taste they still have much more than the west

Because of writers.

I want to say it's because of source material, but I'm pretty sure the main reason is because companies don't want to invest too much into a series in case it flops but they already ordered a full 51 episode cour.

Anime is in recline

it's easier to weed out failures with a 12 episode run

Quality over quantity

Are you blind?. there's 120 episodes anime every year, like youkai watch Yu-Gi-Oh! and others cards battle anime even girly anime like aikatsu and pripara have more than 100 episodes,

Long running shows still exist, and they're still childrens' shows. The late night shows that make up the bulk of the anime we talk about were never that long - they never used to exist at all.

Same reason games went from hour long epic adventures to 5min mobile game trash.

Jojo is on it's 99th episode tomorrow
Don't know where the fuck you've been.
>inb4 only the obscure shitty anime I watch is good

>seasonal anime
>obscure
full retard

They didn't. The 12 episode late night tv anime we get today are essential the successors of the 2-6 episode anime OVAs we got in the 80s and early 90s. The long running kiddie shows still exist.

To avoid the problems like Bleach where the Creator took so long coming up with material the Studio had to hire a Warehouse full of script monkeys to churn out awful filler like the Bount Arc.

What? When was the typical anime ever 120 episodes a show?

I wish we got more 100 episode shows in today's industry it would be great if the show is right.

I loved waking up and on a certain day knowing that a show you enjoyed would just air every week for a year+

>Being this retarded and ignorant of how anime is produced

It's a different world we live in now. 100 episodes is daunting precisely because you can't just binge it over a few days

and yet every answer ITT is different. what is the truth Sup Forums? what are you hiding?

I want to be the little girl. That's my secret.

are you watching kyoukai no rinne?

Anime is an advertisement product used to sell merchandise. By making many different anime instead of a single long one, they are able to sell more products.

then why isn't all anime mecha?

cause robofags don't buy BDs like otaku do for idolshit

why does the otaku buy his BDs?

same reason 99% of threads on Sup Forums start with a picture of an anime girl

>reading comprehension
あほが

No thanks. All of those shows have horrendous pacing issues.