New England General

Probably going to move out of Massachusetts because you need to to make 6 figures to afford a fucking shoebox studio, even in the suburbs.

My options are Maine, NH or Rhode Island. Any decent cities in these places for young professionals?

effeminate faggit general

maine here. what's your profession?

don't go to rhode island, it's run by the mob. i can help you decide between maine and NH though

Also a Maine Fag, don't go to Portland; too many Somalians

Can't go wrong with NH. ME is good if you really wanna get away. I lived in VT for a few years but the mountains make me claustrophobic and it's pretty pozzed politically.

Providence is awesome yuppie stuff but not cheap, Portland is awesome hipster stuff but cold sometimes, NH is a meme

I too am looking at Maine. The only thing holding me back is the state closing half the year. The real estate is cheap af.

noice a new england general thread to get comfy in. Haven't seen one in at least 4 months.

move to brockton mass cheap homes there prove me wrong

Ri is a shit hole most Corrupt state and if your do a tax refund you never seeit

this
t. Jew England resident
stay in Massachusetts, you """People""" are on par with niggers. if you must, go to your vassal state RI

You better learn to fucking drive if you come into New Hampshire.

Cold as fuck, people vote left of Mao, lots of heroin...what's not to like about New England?

you have a few choices in maine. i'm from lewiston, so here's my perspective

>bangor - white collar go here
untapped area of maine. pretty out of the way for normal people since it's in the middle of the state. ~3 hours from the "trade capital". very close to all the coast, our national/state parks, and mountains. ridiculously awesome state jobs where you can make $60,000 starting and 1800 victorian homes are >$100,000

>brunswick - expensive consumer city
the new portland free of somalians. you will work in portland if you live here. expensive homes, but likely to be a booming city in ~5 years since portland is running out of space and is a shithole. i'd only live here if i was a cop or something

>lewiston - 14/76 blue collar heaven (everything i'm writing about lewiston is a personal experience. i know a lot of the old money in the area thanks to my dad)
the somalians have left because our mayor is a white nationalist and is cracking down on welfare fraud with lepage. foreclosures and abandoned property are at a record high because they just leave and go to section 8 apartments in portland. white collar jobs are limited to who you know since they're all non-profit organizations. the real estate tycoons of the area are developing the city to attract younger people. it's pretty much run by walmart at the moment, but this summer a large retailer is coming to the freeway exit and they're going to build a modern shopping area. i think within 5 years lewiston will be a pretty popular place.

CT here, thinking about moving to NH. I can work remotely for my job, and not paying a state income tax / car taxes sounds nice.

CT here too
NH is a beautiful state, southern portion of the state has too many mass niggers, people are also a bit weird

NH, environmentalists ruined Maine's economy.

>Bangor, get 60k jobs
That's fucking incorrect. Maine state jobs pay shit. 40k is high there.

Sadly Maine is a place to retire to, not a place to build your career

T. Mainer who had to move to California because being in computer forensics paid only 40k while in cali it pays 100k.

step 1 : 100k, preferably comped
step 2 : buy land in Dixville, NH (pop 70, all white)
step 3 : hunt/fish/garden and live in peace

I work in entry level bookkeeping for a mid size company. Make about 36k

i work as a senior auditor for the state and make $70,000. my prior experience was 2 years at a small firm in NYC while i got my CPA. their advertised salaries are low because they allow people without degrees to apply for them. it's maybe a $10,000 pay cut from what i'd be making if i stayed in NYC.

Being seeing a lot of Maine plates in San Diego lately. For Maine and Vermont being so small, I'm always seeing them.

t. dad lived in all states north of Massachusetts

fuckkk been seeing*

CT here. Stay away from CT.

ME here. Stay away from ME.

this
fucking massholes

Maine has nothing to offer you. No money, bad housing. Fuck off.

New England has some pretty lovely scenery. I'd love to visit sometime and look around. I'll even be quieter than most yanks who come south to look at leaves changing colors.

Stay away from RI!

Where to go ? What is the most based state put of all 50

>waves of immigrants from Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Americas
>Asia, Africa, and the Americas
Fucking Wikipedia Jews.

I moved from Boston to Mississippi in search of cheap arable land and nofags. Feels good man. Just wish I had my winter back.

I always found the Puritan bit interesting since New England culture and Dixie culture shaped in very opposite directions due to the different peoples who moved to one or the other.

Please educate me on my home, you must know so much more than us

CT is a shithole. Expensive, full of minorities, budget crisis, barely any decent jobs. Go anywhere else but here.

I don't miss the winter, but I moved from Boston to SC and live like a king here. No regrets.
If you must stay in NE, then NH is probably best, just stay away from the heroin. CT sucks, VT is communist hippies, ME is getting full of Somalis and hipsters in Portland, and RI is a shithole unless you're related to Buddy Cianci. But really, anything is better than the People's Republic of Taxachusetts. People would vote for a broken stick if it had a (((D))) next to it.

The diffirence are overstated. Both had heavy Anglo Calvinist roots.

New England is well renowned for our leave's changing colors, it must be some other kind of yanks

Massachusetts is fine, stop your bitching

stop moving here, you're making us as liberal as you

t. california

Depends on what your degree is in I suppose

portland is more agrarian / service industry
portsmouth is about the same
manchester has a decent tech / startup scene
I dont know if there is anything more affordable in providence than boston.

In some ways yes but Puritan culture was definitely different from the Calvinist strands Dixie experienced.

Could be. All I know is I can sit on my front porch and watch a parade of yanks drive into the state park and gawk at trees for hours. They're mostly friendly, just a tad loud.

Mass. truly is a horrible place now. I really don't know how anyone can stand it. I grew up in Boston and it never felt normal to me even after 30 years.

y'all mind if I
drift my white civic

My nutmeggers. Even though we have a slightly lesser status than in the past, we are still better than most states

I'm from a red area of MA, and I'm considering selling the house I'm inheriting to move to TX or SC

That's probably a good idea. I'm only sticking around to buy up suburban property.

If it's an old house, keep the legacy alive.

You get raped on property taxes, and if you have a view it costs more

You will be fucked, either commute 1+ hour each way by car or 2+ by public transportation because the infrastructure has been raped by unions and liberals

Live in the white suburbs, maximum comfy

do it

Do you think it's worth fixing up the property to maximize profits? My father is inheriting it from my grandmother, and he's selling it to me below market value. My mother-in-law proposed the idea of making it a rental property. It's a single family house w/ 3 beds & 1 full bath in a cozy low-crime town. Looks like other properties in the neighborhood are selling in the range of $250-300k

built in the 50s during the golden age :,)

To the west shows cancerous new Yorkers buying their country estates

> lives with a bunch of liberal cucks
> Only moves because poor, not because of the liberal cucks literally surrounding him.

move to the midwest, unless you're a nigger in which case we're full.

Texas is full of spics.

MA is a great place to network. I'm employed here, born and raised in the Midwest. In many ways, parts of the Midwest are far superior. However, there is a great concentration of brains amongst the brainlets, and it's worth it for that alone. Also, yes, rent is outrageous, but the pay is higher, so you can afford nicer things to cram into your shoebox.

Today I cleaned, went to church (despite not being religious), made dinner, cleaning, other projects, family calls, and it's only 1:30. Everything is close and Uber is about the cost of a gallon of gas.

I make ~$76k/year (biopharma) and live pretty comfortably in a respectable 2 bedroom apartment in Cambridge. 6 figures isn't necessary.

I love trees and I'm from the Calvinist stronghold of the US in the Midwest.

Somerville isn't too bad, either.

also this

I really want to buy land and move to NH
What should I know about the place before I try moving there?

That's usually a good idea. Renting property out is a hassle generally speaking. I'd just sell it or sit on it for a while.

>What should I know about the place before I try moving there?
It's rapidly getting shittier and I wouldn't bother unless you want to live in the north country and do your best to avoid ever seeing another person. I'm constantly amazed at how passive and unconcerned with the actual problems in the state people are and how many refugees the State Department is able to dump into an area with anyone saying anything.

I only wanted to tend to my own homestead and enjoy the nature there.
What's up with the problems of the state? Isn't there a state project going on there or something?

RI is a stagnant liberal wasteland. It's horrible. My wife and I live in a nice neighborhood in Providence and the daily rage at being surrounded by tranny and/or korean foreign art students and general degenerate millenial/nigger trash is ulcer-inducing. We are saving up to move out west, you should too. NE is lost.

South is full of sad irish people priced out of MA. Up north you're dealing with rust belt smack blight but you'll have fewer people to deal with. Line up work first or you'll never find any.

Rural ME is perfect if you can make it work economically. Anywhere except Lewiston is okay. The coast is snobby.

you don't even know what you're talking about. Southerners were Anglican when they came over here and turned to calvinism because it was harsher on alcohol abuse.

I live on the cape. It's nice here, except for the summer. Too many fucking people. I'll be moving to Maine once I sell this place. I love snow and firearms, and its closer than Alaska.

Scotch Irish were Presbyterians but went on to become Baptists and Methodists and such because Presbyterians were having issues being able to provide clergy while other churches didn't. Upper class Anglos were Anglican though yes. The lower classes were mostly some breed of Calvinist.

I know libertarians made New Hampshire their mecca.

There's conflicting information here, apparently it's getting shitty because of newer people in the state but at the same time the libertarian state project has been growing.. Is that guy just a concern trolling liberal? I don't know man.

>I only wanted to tend to my own homestead and enjoy the nature there.
Then you'll probably do alright up north.

>What's up with the problems of the state?
Heroin is running wild and the only inkling of something being done about it is "yeah maybe we'll try drug courts or something" despite the fact that we all know who is bringing it in (Mexicans) and from where (Mass) to the point where they could be kicking doors on a regular basis to try and get as much off the street as possible but just aren't because it's whatever.

The other problem I mentioned is how many refugees are dumped into southern New Hampshire which should be self explanatory.

>Isn't there a state project going on there or something?
The Free State Project faggots are the worst kind of libertarians in that they're actually closet ancaps and sovereign citizen retards. Their main functions are being obnoxious and complaining about trivial bullshit like DUI checkpoints and parking meters. They are almost universally reviled by anyone who isn't the freshest of transplants.

>tfw masscuck making 50k and still have to live with parents

i also live in district 8, the district that Brianna Wu is probably gonna win a congress seat in next year.

pls end my life

Interesting, thanks for the information. I might reconsider going back to where I grew up (midwest) then.
Libertarianism is a patrician political view but ancaps are retards. I wouldn't want to limit my horizon to just the northern side of the state, either

I've lived in a new england suburb my entire life and I hate it so much. Everyone here's an asshole and our culture consists of Dunkin Donuts and sports teams

Fuck with him as much as possible.
I'm willing to go down there if he does press conferences and annoy him.

Southern New Hampshire is still one of the best places in the country to live if you want a quiet life hands down. It's just not going to stay that way forever if nothing changes and you don't get that impression just by looking at the numbers.

Haven't the Free State folk actually taken occasional political positions here and there?

>Haven't the Free State folk actually taken occasional political positions here and there?
Probably but no one pays attention to them so you'd have to check their website to find out. I don't know what they sell themselves as but they are not a real source of political influence and almost all the people who pledged to move ended up flaking because they couldn't be assed to uproot their lives for a half-baked political cause.

Maine and Texas are the only 2 states I ever want to be in. Live near Portland if you pick Maine and avoid the jewd parts of town and the commie bar punks.

>Springfield area is red somehow
This has got to be relative to other areas right?

Have a pic of the Belchertown State School, where they sexually abused the retarded in the 70's

That's why your people all buy houses on Cape Cod, turn them into summer rental hells for 25 years and then retire here and immediately start meddling in the town's business.

I'm staying; got to fight the good fight.

this, my neighborhood is literally 80% seasonal, retirees or both

Whats the cheapest area to live in mass that's still within 20 minutes of boston, when i move out i want to live in brighton, it seems young and relatively cheap compared to other areas and has a lot of music venues.Is brighton possible on an apprentice electricians salary? How much should i be making hourly before i move out? I have 7k saved up

Yup, gets real nice here during the off season. Its actually a nice place now.

Kek. Nothing cheap anywhere near Boston.

Cape Cod (Blue Falcons) here as well. Comfy place to live. Very different from the rest of the States. Maine is nice Bro. GLWS. What town?

You’re looking for Nashua, NH OP.

And don’t drive like a masshole.

>apprentice electricians salary?
which is?
Brighton isn't too too expensive.

Quincy, Braintree, JP

what is Nepotistic inflation? I'll take, reasons why liberals are still poor even when they're rich for 500, Alex.

southern nh master race

just bought a place, way cheaper - still work in northern MA unfortunately though

14/hour now, which is definitely not enough yet, but how much should i be making to get say, a two bedroom for like 2000 with a roomate, which is the cheapest ive seen in brighton

Work ibew in western mass/connecticut. You'll make bank. You get a pay cut in the eastern part.

Wellfleet. Love it here. But gun laws are shit now. It gets too packed during summer. But at least it's a family spot, and not a college party place.

If by JP you mean Jamaica Plain lmao if you think its cheap there

is 103 good? ive heard its hard to get in, is this true?

>Probably going to move out of Massachusetts because you need to to make 6 figures to afford a fucking shoebox studio, even in the suburbs.
not true.

My friend lives in a 2 bedroom new apt in Greenfield, MA for $800 a month

use wisely