Sakuga thread

Seven years ago on the 21st of July, the highly influential animator Yoshinori Kanada passed away. Kanada's pioneering style helped paved way for making stylish and interesting animation, even when working with limited drawings and his style continues to influence many animators today.

youtube.com/watch?v=xW0MyddOiWE

youtube.com/watch?v=eUnf_JqPH5k

youtube.com/watch?v=0aEmATUt2SY

Press F to pay respects

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/bahijd/status/756380652870578176
youtube.com/watch?v=W1HYX_yRgrg
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14959/aito_ohashi-animated-creatures-debris-effects-figh
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/9818/animated-effects-pokemon-pokemon_xy-shingo_fujii
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/17340/aito_ohashi-animated-creatures-debris-effects-poke
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/18058/animated-beams-effects-masaaki_iwane-pokemon_xy-sm
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20710/3d_background-animated-cgi-dancing-pokemon-pokemon
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22286/animated-creatures-effects-fighting-fire-masaaki_i
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22288/animated-creatures-debris-effects-fighting-fire-li
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

post some sakuga webms you goon

What kind of sakuga do you want?

I wonder if they ever regret naming Seiya Numata as Kanada's successor considering how unremarkable he's become.

just start dumping some lad what else do you want this thread to do

"They" as in?

NHK and some japanese anime academics.

Maybe he was at the time. After all, we've seen numerous flagbearers of the Kanada style over time starting with Masahito Yamashita in the 80s. Then there was Hiroyuki Imaishi at one point and these days we've got Yoshimichi Kameda as the top Kanada style animator.

>posts forced animation instead
what are you doing my man

Fucking gay

Web-gen sakuga is the new hotness

Only plebs will hate this.

>miso (animator) is only 20 yo
>already better than Bahi

Bahi BTFO'd

Bahi went straight to animation, not animation school.

So did Miso. He started working right out of high school.

In all seriousness, Miso hasn't done anything as wild as Bahi's Space Dandy cuts yet.

Miso and China is the true OTP.
I want them to get together and make a perfect sakuga child.

Thats what bahi looks Like? Disgusting

He's Iranian/Austrian.

Just a guy with same name.

Kanada is shit desu
So is Imaishi

If Kanada is shit, why do so many animators copy his style?

Because they can't copy Iso's style.

Kanada's style was formulaic enough that anyone and imitate him.

He has to go back

Bahi is now in Japan, bringing much-needed cultural diversity there.

twitter.com/bahijd/status/756380652870578176

Realistic styles like Iso's are not practical for most anime. They take too much time and effort.

>KyoAni's key animation correction
Might as well just let the animation director draw everything.

That hair must be a pain to animate.

Kek. Is he still butthurt when he was BTFO by Masaki Yuasa?

What did Yuasa do?

That running scene is fucking orgasmic. For a second I thought it was CGI

Fired him after he didn't deliver his work before the deadline in Ping Pong.

A shame he couldn't finish them, they had potential.

I don't remember Elfen Lied looking this good.

Koreans are starting to catch up to the japanese animators.

youtube.com/watch?v=W1HYX_yRgrg

Coloring and composite reminds me of Chinese web animation, it looks kinda cheap. Some decent cuts there though.

Why can't Bandai get Ufotable to help Toei with DBS?

Tales of Zestiria so far is very safe and by the book for Ufo in terms of production. Prologue had some effort but right now it is pretty much template-work with reused frames, storyboards and scenes from their other shows and stuff and low effort fight choreography.

I am not surprised if the fight was storyboarded Miura. That hack has never had an original thought. Copy pasting shit form your previous works is right in line with his soulless approach. The fact that he is involved only proves my point about budget saving and templates. Masayuki Kunihiro is also proof of that. If you want lots of bright nonsensical flashes at your screen while not having to storyboard actual fight sequences, he is your man. Pew pew BOOOM badumts PEW. All the easily impressed people can then clap and say the usual "ufotable budget" memes, because their sensory receptors were stimulated by the flashes creating illusion of exciting stuff happening, when in reality it was just two characters skateboarding from one screen side to other.

Posting some Pokémon XY because there's good stuff in it.

sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/14959/aito_ohashi-animated-creatures-debris-effects-figh
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/9818/animated-effects-pokemon-pokemon_xy-shingo_fujii
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/17340/aito_ohashi-animated-creatures-debris-effects-poke
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/18058/animated-beams-effects-masaaki_iwane-pokemon_xy-sm
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/20710/3d_background-animated-cgi-dancing-pokemon-pokemon
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22286/animated-creatures-effects-fighting-fire-masaaki_i
sakuga.yshi.org/post/show/22288/animated-creatures-debris-effects-fighting-fire-li

Still better than most of the animation in DBS

>now it is pretty much template-work with reused frames, storyboards and scenes from their other shows and stuff
Any examples?

This, there's no fight choreography here, just fast movements and filters, looks.

*looks fucking stupid.
(My post got cut off for some reason)

that looks stupid, like she's sliding all over the place

>sakuga.yshi
>Score: 74

toei is perfectly capable of animating on their own. just a matter of resource allocation. And apparently gopri or SM's 2nd season were more important.

At least it's better than Shirou v Gil. Maybe they're improving.

>toei is perfectly capable of animating on their own
Clearly not since most of their series look like shit most of time.

>I literally only know Toei via DBZ

>One Piece
>World Trigger
>Precure
>Toriko
>DBS
>Digimon
>Sailor Moon
Most of which look like shit.

do you not know who phils is

>they have to dump most of their shit on Toei phils
>which results in shit art and animation most of time

>toei is perfectly capable of animating on their own.

Make up your mind.

are you pretending? i'm not even the same user

Trust me, no other studio can beat I.G for that 'realism-choreography-sakuga' right now. Especially when Okiura is in the charge of that scene.
Wew, I miss old Madhouse and their Inoue to be honest, the only studio can compete with I.G in realism sakuga.

True

So no examples?