Why is there a lack of fat-positive anime characters, especially women?

Why is there a lack of fat-positive anime characters, especially women?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YPBbLCIyBco
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because anime is about wish fulfillment and nobody wants to actually be fat.

Looks like a Spongebob character

Yeah I wonder why anime isn't full of rascal scooters and diabetic 26 year olds.

I have a weight gain fetish tho.

I wish to be the little fat girl.

Japan isn't a fat country.

I'd grapple your fat belly.

Just eat more and go to Tumblr for support.

Looks like Penisu chan.
youtube.com/watch?v=YPBbLCIyBco

no you don't. Being fat is like living in hell, and its not even the social aspect of it.

>144553537
>Being fat is like living in hell, and its not even the social aspect of it.
Ellaborate

Roll for it

Just wait, Galko-chan was pretty popular I hear

Not same user, but other user that's dealt with weight issues(still dealing with them).
>harder to do everyday activities
>can't fit comfortably in places others can
>social aspect obviously
>increased risk for disease and other shenanigans
>mine wasn't super bad, but due to a shitty disk in the lumbar region of my spine, either lose weight or lose legs, wouldn't have been a problem had I not been fat
>easier for bacteria to clump in the small folds in your body, increasing chance for bacteria to form, causing acne and smelly odors
>always tired, needing more rest so you have less of the day to actually do anything
>every delicious food is a guilt trip and if you have no guilt, your just putting yourself to death's door and making life harder on yourself
>much lower chance of getting a girl
>even your waifu would vomit at your appearance or just hate your sloth and gluttonous qualities
The only good thing about being fat so far in my experience, is that when you do lose the weight, your body is naturally strong from having to carry so much extra baggage all the time.

I will also add a little something to this.
Adipose cells (fat cells) take about 10 years to die. On the other hand, they are made quite easily. When an adipose cell is not full of fat, it releases hormones that tell the brain to eat more.
Therefore it is actually harder for a fat person to remain thin compared to someone who's never been fat.

That explains my urges recently...

In America being fat is common enough that it's considered normal. In many cases it's genetic and shouldn't really be considered the person's fault. In Japan it's much more rare for it to occur for genetic reasons or as part of a "normal" diet (Japanese diets are much healthier than American ones on average), so if you're fat, it's assumed to be your own fault because of laziness, gluttony, etc. Therefore not something that should be approved of culturally.

Because being fat is in no way a good thing, and should never be encouraged.

>In many cases it's genetic and shouldn't really be considered the person's fault.
>many

Citation needed.

Thank for sharing fatbros.

>common
True
>genetics
False

How the fuck am I supposed to provide citations for a general word like "many" bro

Not that guy, but there's been some interesting stuff on heritability there. Like weight surgery changing genetic markers in the sperm, or fat rats passing down a warped metabolism that takes three generations to correct. More research is needed (as usual), but it's some fun stuff.

But it seems like being fat could screw over even your grandkids. Excellent times.

Kanako was supposed to be a fat girl. I thought she looked fine, though.
I guess this is what it means to be an American.

Why do people want Patchouli to be fat? Why do people want this so bad?

>no Inada Tamako
I knew Sup Forums had shit taste, but still.

I don't know about you but I'm fat and I sweat so much.

Better than eating disgusting vegetables and wasting your time and energy on pointless exercise.

There was an interesting experiment where they took the intestinal bacteria of a fat mouse and implanted it into a slim mouse. The slim mouse then became fat.
One's microbiome seems to play quite a major role.

I'm so sorry user

there are tons of them though

Japan literally has a culture of making fun of fat people. Not to mention fines on companies with overweight employees if I recall correctly.

Roast or sautee your veggies with some olive oil, fresh ground pepper, and garlic salt homie it'll change you're life

If america implemented this that national debt would be paid off in no time.

you'll notice the difference if you used to be athletic.
I used to be very active myself. I played basketball for my highschool team and won some trophies. But since I entered uni I keep gaining weight and now I'm stage 1 obese. I ran out of breath easily and get sick more often.

Real Drive could have been popular if weren't about a fat school girl and wrinkly old cripple.

Sorry to hear that.
As a life long skinny guy I know little about the plight of heavier people.

Japan != America

Lose weight, tumblrina

>starting a fat thread with Mikan

How do we stop the growing thickness epidemic?