7. Haibane Renmei
6. Ghost in the Shell
5. Welcome to the N.H.K.
4. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion
2. The Tatami Galaxy
1. Legend of the Galactic Heroes

You've got some good taste, son.

Pretty bad taste overall with a few good titles mixed in.

>8th MS Team
kys pleb

Fuck off snob.

Trash

LotGH is unironically the most overrated anime on Sup Forums. Sure it's good, but it's not a masterpiece, and the only reason it gets away with being praised to the skies so much is because not enough people have watched it.

I like that someone actually recognizes Turn A Gundam as a good anime. Most gundam fans on Sup Forums are just Seedtards.

I thought G Gundam was the most popular on Sup Forums

FMA:B is trash, idk why people literally ignore the fact that the final is basically an asspull shitshow.

Also the terrible humor

Tryhard taste.

. Kenzen Robo Daimidaler
daimidaler is fucking amazing

You sound a lot like me, except with a little more variety ie, more mecha, a more explored backlog as far a niche stuff goes, and a hell of an odd ranking system.

that's because people are plebs and didn't spend the spring break marathoning it.

Oh man. I know these are opinions and all but come on. NGE might be overrated ok, but LotGH deserves every single praise it gets.

This. Babby's first 'mature' anime. Everyone who is over 16 and unironically enjoys it, thinking it 'deep', 'complicated', 'realistic' or something like that, should kts.
Also has boring and shit designs even for its era.

Then what do you recommend?

(you)

If you want history and 'muh realism', read an actual book. If you want space opera - Yamato 2199.

Eva shits on LOGH, artistically speaking.

Everything is in the wrong order, and only some shows deserve to be on a list.

Romance of the three kingdoms.

Saved. I imagine this image is an accurate portrayal of an average LoGHfag - an awkward, tacky manchild who lulls his saltiness with drink, forced bravado and delusions of grandeur while the others are having fun, fun he cannot join because of his autism and humorless, stuck-up, tryhard personality.

>4. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

I sincerely don't get why people like this so much.

He also puts 08th before Turn A so his opinions can be safely tossed into the trash.

Please user. Also, don't talk shit about demolition dad+.

No, I asked about 'mature' anime. You said LotGH was babby's first, then what is some advanced level 'mature' anime stuff?

They are different. Eva is more abstract and focuses on humans on a personal level while LotGH is an overarching story about different people in different settings and doesn't really go that deep into their personalities. You can't really compare a 160something episodes long space opera to a 26 episodes long series. But they are both fantastic.

LoGH fags are the only ones projecting. They are so insecure they have to sperg out and hijack threads every time someone as much as points out a little flaw in their sacred cow.

Fuck off.

Nice shit taste faggot.

There is no mature anime. That's why 'mature' is in quotes. All anime is made for manchildren or actual children. It doesn't mean that an adult can't watch or even enjoy it, but they would never see it as something other than mindless entertainment and go full fanboy over it.

Honestly, as a fan of LotGH, I'm glad whenever I see criticism of it. I have my own critiques of the series, but I never get to share them with anyone because so few people (that I know at least) have actually watched the entire thing.

I would also agree that I hate people who watch something because 'hurr durr deep', and then can't produce any criticism of it. Sadly that encompasses many Evangelion fans.

I do not want to sound paranoid, but this list is pretty similar to that of a mexican youtube anime critic. His fanboys are, literally, all over anime related websites in spanish, to the point is annoying and you can't have a decent discussion because they pop up forcing their idol's opinion.
OP, please tell me this is actually your list and that you're not one of them. I can't imagine the horror of Sup Forums being invaded by those toxic vicious little creatures.

That Anime Snob? pretty sure this is his list, and he's greek

Not my list. Not some Latino list either.
knows it

[picture of serious-faced anime character pounding a signpost into the ground with an affixed sign that reads 'NO FUN ALLOWED']

Thanks dude, I'm relieved.

Every medium, even fucking video games, has those one or two titles that makes people say that "99% of X is trash" instead of 100%. Even if they are not on the level of a masterpiece from another medium, they can be appreciated on their own. In the case of books you don't have anything you could hear or see. The words written in the book have to deliver something so intriguing and deep that you will not need your ears or "eyes" I mean you need your eyes to read but there aren't any visuals of course. to make your mind satisfied. In the case of movies and anime the story isn't the only thing that delivers, it has visuals and sound. You don't even really need a story. Look at Baraka for example.

me too, it could've been better without the generic shonen aspects, more adventure and a good ending

Oh, I see.
Then his list is pretty similar to the list of the guy I'm talking about.
After all, he's kinda "That anime Snob" in spanish.

How would you rate this taste?

What would be Yang and Reinhard's IQ

Someone who likes LoGH who doesn't also mention Ping Pong and Mushishi? Damn, that's a first.

>7. Haibane Renmei
Only #7????

Taste for Ants.

9002 and 9001
Everyone else's IQ: 20
except Bittenfeld, whose is -10

>1 . Legend of the Galactic Heroes

This list is both Sup Forums and /m/ approved.

Gay

Only LoGH is worth mentioning. The rest is pretentious weeaboo trash and normie tier jap cartoons

>Julian
>Mittermeyer
>Reuental
>Oberstein
>Mecklinger
>Merkatz

So these people are dumb?

This list would be more complete if Kircheis were on it.

Rate my taste:
10. Daicon IV
9. Dead Leaves
8. End of Evangelion
7. Mind Game
6. Wonder
5. Cat Soup
4. Angel's Egg
3. Belladonna of Sadness
2. Wanwa the Doggy
1. FLCL

meme-tier

They all become bumbling retards as soon as Yang stands in a 3 light year radius, except maybe Oberstein.

Absolutely patrician

>1. FLCL
yikes.

Too boring to be around-tier.

>generic shounen aspects
Any examples? It's in my backlog because I'm lazy, I haven't watched it yet. Is it that bad/noticeable?

>7. Mind Game
Fuck right off.

If Yang was so smart, how come he died?

r8 h8 f8

>Kill la Kill
>Above Planetes

You have garbage taste and I don't plan on reading more.

the humor is the worst
sometimes childish drama and some of the development of some characters

Best Space Opera:
LotGH

Best Sports Anime:
Ping Pong

Best fighting shounen:
HXH (2011)

Best Mecha:
Patlabor

Best Iyashikei:
Aria

Best SoL comedy:
Hidamari Sketch

Best Josei:
Honey and Clover

Best Isekai:
12 Kingdoms

Best Harem:
To-Love-Ru

Because he was killed by the only character smarter than him in the show, barbiturates.

"Bad humor" and "childish drama" seem a little broad to be generic shounen traits.

>normie
Kill yourself.

r8 me fags

10) Penguindrum
9) Welcome to the NHK
8) Only Yesterday
7) The Eccentric Family
6) Bunny Drop
5) Shouwa Genroku
4) Honey and Clover
3) Mononoke
2) Mushishi
1) Natsume's Book of Friends

Pls no bully

Probably the most bland taste I have ever seen.

Actually feels like you genuinely enjoy those works instead of having picked them worrying about Sup Forums consensus.

How would you rate this taste:

>X d
Fuck off.

So the Archbishop has an IQ of 9003?

This triggers /m/.

>Rakugo
Yeah, no.

So this list is just a bunch of popular, well-regarded "babbies first _____" mixed with more obscure shows for special snowflake cred?

What is even the point of ranking so many series? It seems like after a certain point, you're just arbitrarily assigning numbers without any real logic or reasoning. Why is Sailor Moon Crystal at 44? What makes it better than the sixteen shows below it? Do these numbers even have meaning?

This is the video the list is based on.
youtube.com/watch?v=z5ceOIeTgy4

Speaking of obscure

You mean ThatMexicanSnob (aka Perezoso)?

>K-on 10/10
Absolute trash tier taste.

This is why I hate snop . panty and stocking wasn't that funny it was cool but not funny same goes to the metal city why can't you admit that you enjoyed gintama more than these shitty comedy . Is it because you think it was overrated and you're a faggot who gives a shit about people's opinions

>21. Turn A Gundam
I'm honestly surprised something I really like is on this list. There should be some Natsume or GaoGaiGar though.

>Best Mecha:
>Patlabor
It's enjoyable but I wouldn't put it that far. Mecha has some really strong entries.

Literally Snob's list, retard.
youtube.com/watch?v=z5ceOIeTgy4

Water Margin>Journey to the West> Romance of the Three Kingdoms>>>>Red Chamber.

it's easy and has an entertaining through line for plot fags. but it has NOTHING to say

You're trying to but you haven't watched a lot of experimental stuff yet.

You're a woman

>7) The Eccentric Family
>5) Shouwa Genroku
>1) Natsume's Book of Friends
I agree with these.

>NGE at all
>FMA that high
>Tatami that high
>GiTS (95 I assume) that high and SAC isn't even listed
>Ergo Proxy that high
>thinking Grave of the Fireflies isn't shit
>any list containing Advent Children
I could go on. Pretty meme taste tbch.

>artistically speaking
Nobody has ever been more wrong.

gundam nostalgia fag/10

>Kill La Kill
>better than P&SWG

I have but I don't like any of them as much as the ones in my list. Naoyuki Tsuji, Kei Oyama, Mirai Mizue, Kurosaka Keita, Hiroshi Harada and Koji Yamamura would be my favorite independent artists thus far.

You know both weren't that good user

>Yamato 2199
>More mature than LoGH

>Saber Marionette
>obscure

He didn't say that, learn to read. He said "if you want space opera".