Who else /centrist/ here?

The actual redpill

Unironically am because I got pushed away by the left for not being safe enough and I got pushed away from the right out of boredom from all of the same jokes and critiscisms and insults and shit

I support good Decisions from all sides, anyone who says thats a bad thing is a fucking blind idiot who will eat shit because its color coded

The only thing you find in the middle of the road is dead animals

Pick a side faggot.

Left wing - make the world worse
Centrist - make the world worse slowly
Right wing - make the world better

>not understanding what centrism is
>thinking it means not picking a side

If you're not trolling, please consider inhaling chlorine gas.

Sitting on the fence and pointing fingers is so profound, le actual redpill.

>tfw to redpilled to be redpilled

>I can't imagine living my life without the constant feeling of being on a team of some sort. thinking for yourself? that's scary man, give me the jersey already.

>tfw to smart for any kind of political debate

>I'm a soyboy who says whatever is popular at the time

I bet you act like a liberal to fuck dumb liberal whores too. Have some self respect you cuck

You can't reconcile certain elements of the world. Some of them, but not others. The intentional effort to be in a political position that doesn't pick a side leads to decay.

Buddha was the original centrist.

>Who else /underconfident pussy/ here?
ftfy

during the french revolution the liberals sat on the left wing and the conservatives on the right wing of the parliamentary building. there were no centrists. the political spectrum is a duality. stop trying to appease both sides with your centrist bullshit.

No I don't, I think for myself and decide what's the most reasonable position instead of lazily believing what my team decides. I know it's scary thinking for yourself but u should give it a shot, fucking clown

It's not being unconfident to think for yourself on positions instead of aligning with whatever your party says cuck boy

Centrist doesn't mean you think your positions through vs just believing the party line, it means you occupy a central position between the traditional wings of politics, the Left and the Right. Now of course Left and Right are mostly meaningless and hopelessly vague terms which vary by region, but the fact remains that describing yourself as a Centrist means people will assume you have a mix of views that are mostly 'moderate' between the two extremes of your country's political system.

Its more efficient to simply describe your ideology [Libertarian, Reactionary, Traditional, Communist, etc] without respect to your country's Left/Right spectrum rather then calling yourself a "Centrist", implying the extremes on either side are irrational dogmatists by right of being extremes, and being intentionally confusing.

Extremist positions are retarded tho

What the fuck is an "extremist" position? By the standards of Medieval France every position in the modern world occupies a place on the Far Left.

By the standards of Sweden, the Democrats would be a Far Right party. Its entirely possible for you to be a Centrist, because you believe the ideal politic is a Centrist position by the standards of your country, but its ridiculous to be an IDEOLOGICAL Centrist.

If you were transported back in time to the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany, would you hold your same political views despite now occupying an extremist position by their standards? If so, ideological centrism is ridiculous. If not, you're a cuck who has no philosophy besides "Don't rock the boat".

purple party is the future
red pill is soros was right

Centrism is a fallacy until the Overton Window settles down again. There's too much political and social flux for anyone to claim a "center ground" for their own personal political stew of beliefs.

TL;DR:
Sargon and his Kekistani fagbuddies are full of shit leftists LARPING as "punks" and "rebels".

>What the fuck is an "extremist" position? By the standards of Medieval France every position in the modern world occupies a place on the Far Left.

Don't act like a retard you know what extremist positions are in 2017 America. In the case of the right it'd be "gas the kikes race war now" and the left it'd be something like shame culture.

>If you were transported back in time to the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany, would you hold your same political views despite now occupying an extremist position by their standards? If so, ideological centrism is ridiculous

Stop using these irrelevant examples. In modern America it's fine to be a centrist and if you believe all centrist philosophy is "don't rock the boat" you either have no idea what you're talking about or are intentionally being intellectually dishonest

>thinking for yourselves
>takes the two extremes of other people's opinions, and tries to find the middle

Who else here comfy watching NEETs swallow the left/right divide like good goys?

Its not irrelevant. The question if whether you're a Centrist because you actually think the philosophy that occupies the American Center is the right political philosophy, or are you just trying to apply the concept of the Golden Mean to politics?

Is the Center position right because its right, or is it right because its Center and therefore "Reasonable" or "Moderate" in the fact of opposing extremes? Are the extremes dumb because they're dumb, or because they're extremes?

>The question if whether you're a Centrist because you actually think the philosophy that occupies the American Center is the right political philosophy, or are you just trying to apply the concept of the Golden Mean to politics?

I don't think of the center as any set of specific ideals or positions as the left and right are. I think of the center as choosing the most reasonable positions from either side and combining the two into a an entirely unique position of your own. The issue with choosing parties is often times people find themselves defending shit they might not neccasirly believe because their playing on a team and must subscribe to every position on that team as a result

>Are the extremes dumb because they're dumb, or because they're extremes?

Extreme positions are dumb because they force you to subscribe to a certain belief without any room for debate on the issue. Take for example Sup Forums. In my experience talking shit about Trump leads to everyone calling you a shill as if no person could hold such a position without being paid to do so. Imo it just leads to a myopic view of politics and the world in general

And you think buying wholesale into a party's narrative is thinking for yourself? Faggot

Well in that case you're using the term Centrist wrong. A Centrist is a Moderate, someone whose views are specifically between the Left and the Right on most issues. Using it to refer to any ideology besides the explicit Right and explicit Left is just confusing.

You'd get more traction by explaining your actual political philosophy. What is your view of the economy? What is your view of foreign relations? Racial issues?

>You don't need to answer those specific questions, I'm just giving you a prompt

No, my view is that that not basing your opinions on opinions of others is thinking for yourself. Faggot

Ok I think I see what you mean. Referring to your extreme I could lay out all my positions specifically but in America politics tend to be a game of labels. You're either right or left, democrat or republican. Saying centrist instead of spelling out every single positions is much more efficient imo even tho it may not necessarily be the most accurate label it is the closest identifier of my beliefs

By that logic every single position falls into that category you exceptional faggot

While I'll agree that American politics is a bit pidgeonholed due to the two-party system, I still think you're making a mistake in assuming extreme positions are necessarily incorrect. ANYONE with convictions is going to look like an extremist from the position of another extreme.

And furthermore, Centrist is usually used to mean a Moderate. If you wanted to describe yourself as non-partisan, you'd be more accurate to call yourself an Independent. This gets across that you're not a Republican or Democrat, without giving the implication that you're positions occupy a middle point between them.

I'm a conservative who hates religion in policy making.

Don't know what that makes me.

It makes you a conservative who hates religion in policy making.

You utter dolt. Do you know why centrism is called "centrism"? BECAUSE IT PURPOSEFULLY SEEKS OUT THE CENTER POSITION. There's nothing wrong with ending up on the center of the political spectrum, but calling yourself a centrist implies that your ideology is merely to settle right there between the two extremes. Your OP pic implies exactly that you chose your political stance not by its intellectual merit, but by its position along this contingent imaginary line.

>I still think you're making a mistake in assuming extreme positions are necessarily incorrect

You're right it's too general a statement. What I should've said was extremists positions tend not be correct. I'm sure there are exceptions but imo extremists tend not to give the other side a fair shake which leads to extreme bias.

>ANYONE with convictions is going to look like an extremist from the position of another extreme.

No I wouldn't say that. There are people with extreme convictions that I feel are justified in believing their positions due to their ability to articulate said position and explain why the other side has it wrong. It's the people who hold extremist positions and can't articulate why their correct I have an issue with. Like I said before a prime example of this is people on Sup Forums who respond to valid Trump critique with shill. If their positions were correct they'd have a well thought out response to critiques of that position

>And furthermore, Centrist is usually used to mean a Moderate. If you wanted to describe yourself as non-partisan, you'd be more accurate to call yourself an Independent. This gets across that you're not a Republican or Democrat, without giving the implication that you're positions occupy a middle point between them.

You're right that's probably be a more accurate label because I do hold some beliefs that could be considered extreme like That transgenderism is a mental illness. Centrism as a label I suppose wouldn't allow for these positions.

>Your OP pic implies exactly that you chose your political stance not by its intellectual merit, but by its position along this contingent imaginary line.

It's the first thing to pop up when u google centrist u dumb bitch. I didn't use the pic as some accurate visual portrayal of my logic as a centrist faggot. U can be a centrist and judge shit on intellectual merit

I think we're in agreement then. The only thing I'll add is that the reason Sup Forums has a kneejerk reaction to Trump criticism is because for the entire election cycle we were shilled non-stop. We have the records to prove it, people were paid to fuck with us.

Other subjects on Sup Forums tend to be less touchy, as long as you understand that casual insults are the norm regardless of how coherent you are.

>Other subjects on Sup Forums tend to be less touchy, as long as you understand that casual insults are the norm regardless of how coherent you are.

Oh yea I get that, that's why I love Sup Forums. You can call someone a faggot and still have productive discourse. The shill stuff just gets old after a while. I see why the shill response is so knee jerk but it just stifles discussion a lot of the time

I'm a centerist/moderate/whatever you wanna call it.
Everyone says I'm a fucking liberal and it drives me crazy.

No.

I don't know what I am anymore.

On /pop/ if you don't believe the holocaust was a hoax and the Jews weren't responsible for 7/11 you're a liberal

Is centerist liking points on each the left and right? If so, count me in.

>I didn't use the pic as some accurate visual portrayal of my logic as a centrist faggot.
WELL YOU SHOULD'VE YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT HUMAN TAMPAX

Oh right I forget the high level of intellectual discourse requiring that each thread be started by a pic 100% accurate to the OP's position. Get the fuck out of here u sperg

>You have to be a fat, rainbow-haired Mega Liberal Dyke, or a fat, gun-toting inbred moron who drives around in a Ford screaming about niggers
"No"

>/pop/
>7/11
lek

Centrism will not save the West from its collapse of foreign hordes. Only fascism can do that. Communism wants everyone to mix up into a classless society.

>checking grammar on Sup Forums

I bet u just slay pussy huh?

>as if the holohoax was real

How is it not? Plenty of evidence to support it. Or is that all Jewish propaganda too?

nice try FBI

You got me ;)

Not really. Just made me laugh a little.

Brainlet normie fucking scum.

oh sorry bb Sup Forums makes me jumpy

>namefag
gas yourself

I support ultra-oppressive tyranny for the protection of animals, children & adult humans.

A positive-fascist monarchy; with me as King.

Fox?
Porpoise?

Yes. Most of these faggots have centrism confused with Moderates.