Would Sup Forums support a ban on video games? At least some type of regulations...

Would Sup Forums support a ban on video games? At least some type of regulations? Our society shouldn't be able to just have 24 hour gaming sessions.

Maybe then we can talk about regulating television and internet?

Other urls found in this thread:

psychologytoday.com/blog/ulterior-motives/201608/video-game-play-benefits-coordination
rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=3679
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

24 hour gaming sessions are just the symptom, not the problem.

When you're constantly being blamed for everything that is wrong in the world, having your hard earned money stolen to subsidize subhuman breeding programs, etc., then the question should be: what incentive is there to NOT opt out of real life?

Deal with the cancer that plagues society and the issue will literally go away on it's own.

no

also no

/thread

Not in my America

But you can use that logic to justify actual addictions though.
You have to realize that these people are LITERALLY addicted to these games. The way most video games are structured they promote things like 24 gaming sessions. Something needs to be done about this.

I understand what you're saying about people wanting to opt out of real life, but having a bunch of lazy neckbeard gamers isn't going to fix the issue.

Besides, with the ever looming threat of world war 3 breaking out, do you really want the western army to be filled with gamers and manchildren? I want soldiers in my army, not children.

America has the largest army in the world. Calm your tits.

Sure, ill talk to you....FUCK OFF FAGGOT

It's an army full of sick manchildren.

The Amercian army may be larger, but it's ground troops are so utterly weak and pathetic. All that needs to happen is China and Russia team up and they can wipe the west off of the map.

You don't need to ban video games if developers keep making shitty games.

>mfw you realize the right will eventually become as totalitarian as the left is now after the paradigm shift occurs

The left:
>LITERALLY ALL WHITE MEN NEED TO BE KILLED
>EVERYTHING IS RACIST
>DEATH TO THE WEST! ISLAM SHALL RULE!

The right:
>Hey, don't take our guns please
>You don't really have the right to live a degenerate lifestyle. Your lifestyle effects other people
>Maybe we shouldn't have a society full of lazy potheads?

Yeah, not the same thing.

I already pirate all my games, so your ban would fail.

>ban on video games

A man doesn't need a ban to practice discipline and responsibility.

left:
>let's censor the internet and ban video games

you:
>let's censor the internet and ban video games

Oh, so you've served? What are you basing that opinion on?

Right:
>Hey, our society is very sick. We have an epidemic of people addicted to escapsim and gluttony. If we don't do something soon then foreign threats will easily take our country by force with little resistance

The left:
>Ban video games because they hurt my feelings

user, look at the average middle aged man. Do you honestly think these people can serve? Do you actually think we're disciplined enough to fight against foreign threats?

>but it's ground troops are so utterly weak and pathetic
we've been fighting a war for the past decade, China and Russia have not fought anyone in 50 years.
There are no Russian or Chinese Combat Veterans.
>inb4 walking into Crimea is qualifies as a hot war

We've been fucking with sand niggers in dirty mud huts. We haven't seen an actual war on our soil in hundreds of years.

Do you know the type of training the Chinese military have? It's fucking scary. Their soldiers are just objectively more disciplined then ours.

>Would Sup Forums support a ban on video games?
Absolutely not
>At least some type of regulations?
Absolutely not
>Our society shouldn't be able to just have 24 hour gaming sessions.
Why not?

>It's an army full of sick manchildren.
Full of sick manchildren capable of running our entire drone program.

Because it's not healthy. And our society is way past the point of just "practicing self discipline".

Like I said earlier, the people that play these games are literally addicted. Like, the way video games are designed nowadays promotes addictive behavior. Telling people to just "be more disciplined" is like telling a drug addict to "just be more disciplined".

China and Russia both have drone programs, what's your point?

>Ban video games because they will make men misogynists
>Ban video games because they will make men degenerates

Videogames not only improve hand-eye coordination but reaction time as well. Both of which are things id assume you would want soldiers to have
psychologytoday.com/blog/ulterior-motives/201608/video-game-play-benefits-coordination
rochester.edu/news/show.php?id=3679
Why the fuck should we rely on flesh and blood troops when we should be ramping up our drone program? If you think a war between two or more superpowers will be anything like WW2 then you're sorely mistaken.

yes, one is a real issue while the other one isn't.

Not really, I don't think it'll change anything. These people will just find another way to opt out of life, possibly something even worse like drugs.

I agree with the problem would fix itself if we gave young men (the primary addicts) a reason to even wake up in the morning and to want to be a part of society. I don't even blame them at this point.

user, you still need ground troops to occupy territory. Drones can only do so much.
You're right though, it won't be anything like world war two. It will be way more horrific with way more dead innocent civilians and nukes.

Okay but drugs are also a symptom of people opting out in life. Should we legalize meth?

I don't think giving people a "reason to wake up in the morning" will stop actual addictions.

And you really think the inexperienced chinese and russian soldiers would be able to do so effectively?
The fact of the matter is our soldiers have more combat experience than any other advanced military on earth. China has been running drills for 50 years and Russia's most noteworthy military achievement of the last 20 years is strolling into Crimea.
>It will be way more horrific with way more dead innocent civilians and nukes.
So what exactly is wrong with taking gamers and assigning them to drone squadrons that unleash nuclear hellfire?

>I don't think giving people a "reason to wake up in the morning" will stop actual addictions.
Thats because part of human nature is intoxication. Literally every society across the globe since the dawn of civilization has had their intoxicants. We've tried sober societies before and it doesnt work.

Exactly, so you need to tackle what is making men want to opt out of life, rather than video games.

No we shouldn't legalize meth, but I'd definitely rather the addiction was to video games rather than meth. How would you even ban video games or regulate them?

In China their training program turns their soldiers into borderline sociopaths. These people would gut their own mothers if it means strengthening China as a whole.
Meanwhile in the states we have...bronies. Do you see the problem?

>So what exactly is wrong with taking gamers and assigning them to drone squadrons that unleash nuclear hellfire?

Who is going to occupy that ground after we drone strike it? You need boots on the ground to secure territory.
Not only that, what are we going to do when China and Russia enter our soldier? We'll need an immediate drafting. You know who is going to be recruited during this draft? Fat greasy gamers that have no idea how to even hold a gun.

When China and Russia enter our soil*

woops

Fuck no you fucking eternal boomer kike. I swear to fucking god baby boomers are Satan's children.

>We've tried sober societies before and it doesnt work.
Except we haven't. At all.
And don't bother bringing up the alcohol prohibition, people still drank like sailors during it. Just under secrecy.

Video games are enabling men to opt out of life. Sure, it may not be the sole reason but it's a big contributor.

And it's actually quite easy to ban video games. Stop their production, search homes and confiscate them, charge and jail people for distributing them.

>In China their training program turns their soldiers into borderline sociopaths. These people would gut their own mothers if it means strengthening China as a whole.
That military is completely and 100% untested. Running drills is completely different from an actual wartime situation. 20 bucks says at least 20% of them drop weapons and run the second an explosion happens within 300m of them. Meanwhile, our military has been in a damn near perpetual state of war since the 40s.
>Who is going to occupy that ground after we drone strike it? You need boots on the ground to secure territory.
You realize we currently have a military not made of bronies now, yes?
>Not only that, what are we going to do when China and Russia enter our soldier?
China isnt going anywhere with their nonexistent navy and the only way Russia is entering our soil is across Alaska. Hope they enjoy that march through Canada while we regularly drone bomb them.
>You know who is going to be recruited during this draft? Fat greasy gamers that have no idea how to even hold a gun.
You act as if the military takes anybody in a time of war and completely does away with 4F'ing the people who dont meet basic standards.
It's time for you to stop LARPing now.
>we havent tried a sober society, except for the time we did try it but that doesnt count!

Addiction, like car wrecks, has become just another modern tool of evolution- because we invented antibiotics, vaccines, and cleaning products that extend our lives. Turning into video game addicts and not getting laid is the Darwinian monkey for YOUR back, not mine. Don't regulate what more deserving survivors can easily control and manage. Try regulating guns instead, since those kill an actual 10K people a year here in the US, you fascist fucktard.

You seem really uneducated. The people who are opting out of society via video games, would be doing the exact same thing via any other medium- usually something more destructive like drugs or violence. What you don't seem to understand is that games are not the problem, simply the most visible head of the hydra. Cut that one off, and many different ones will grow in it's place.

Also, gamification is the way forward in terms of a productive future. Our society is simply changing gears from a physical labor based production environment, into an automated and computer controlled one. We don't need human coal miners anymore once we can control a robot miner with an xbox 360 controller.

There are underlying mental illnesses with video game addiction. I can't be bothered getting the citations, but depression, "school refusal" and feelings of guilt manifest themselves into video game addiction, particularly regarding the Hikikomori phenomenon.

These mental illnesses would just manifest themselves into something else if video games were banned, something more grotesque or even violent.

no

you have to have money to eat
you have to eat to stay alive
you have to be alive to play video games
you have to work to get the money to get the food to play vidya

you see where im going here

Nah, there would be less ideots streaming that we could raid.

>Would Sup Forums support a ban on video games? At least some type of regulations? Our society shouldn't be able to just have 24 hour gaming sessions.
Why the fuck not?

Why do so many people hate freedom these days?

Lets start with making regulations that kick fake news off the air as they are a threat to human life.