If liberals are so in favor of clean, renewable energy...

If liberals are so in favor of clean, renewable energy, why are they against the cleanest form of baseline power we could ever hope to have?

Wind and solar are not baseline power generators they are supplemental in nature.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_nuclear_disasters_and_radioactive_incidents
youtu.be/jjM9E6d42-M
youtu.be/bbyr7jZOllI
youtube.com/watch?v=E9yWdC-7sAk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>liberals
>rational and logical about anything, ever

k.

Because they see vast amounts of steam coming out of gigantisch chimneys. They simply figure out that must be even worse than a coal plant.

tldr, theyre idiots

Look at all the evil pouring out into the atmosphere

>literally water

Liberals only need virtuous baseline power.

Because they cannot fathom that it's steam coming out of the cooling towers. They think it's radioactive poision.

Also radiation. It's invisible so it must be dangerous!

>liberals
They are fucking idiots.

Liberals were the ones who instituted most of the nuclear programs in the first place.

You're a gibbering imbecile to have such a simplistic grasp of the politics of this situation, which is especially hilarious given that the subject matter involves a form of power that has never once in the history of mankind seen even one reactor working at so little as even one single month without subsidy.

>If liberals are so in favor of clean, renewable energy, why are they against the cleanest form of baseline power we could ever hope to have?

I'm a conservative and I have a few objections to nuclear power. First, I like capitalism and I think most things should be privately run for efficiency and cost effectiveness.

I like the military. Runs well, dependable, reliable, but a fiscal nightmare. It's run by the government.

In the case of nuclear power plants in the US, private industries keeps shooting themselves in the foot. They secretly cut-corners on operations, security, construction and rarely follow regulations.

Back when the government ran the nuclear power plants, we didn't have the kind of nightmarish fuckery you read about one a month like you do today. Minimum wage security guards sound asleep at their posts. A sub-sub-sub-contractor who no speaka de Englais cracks a hot containment vessel in Florida - Duke Energy customers had to pay for it. It's a long, long list.

You can't fuck around with nuclear energy. I don't trust nuclear plants unless the government is running them. And then it become so expensive it might not be worth it.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_nuclear_disasters_and_radioactive_incidents

Hurr durr, nuclear power is clean,
if you ignore the radioactive spent fuel.

>if liberals...think this

There's no such thing as a popular opinion that's the result of fact and reason. They hear "nuclear" and they go nuclear because the only thing their brains can associate it with is bad news. Statistics are a completely foreign concept.

Even including the years with nuclear disasters, coal and other rough-burning things always beat nuclear in deaths and monetary loss.

>not realizing you can reprocess ~99% to be reused

Most of the left is against nuclear because "muh chernobyl/fukushima" and "muh radiation pollution.
while its true that the US does not have a concrete standard for disposing of radioactive waste, the output of radiation from a modern plant is so ridiculously negligable. Coal fired plants release more radiation.
There are a few good reasons why you aren't seeing new nuclear tho. They're real expensive, and it takes quite a while before you have a net gain in energy.
I'm all for em. Environmental scientist by trade. Theyre the best option until fusion. More wind and solar is also good but not for baseline. Not sure how i feel about the agw meme, but i believe we should aim to reduce pollution for sure.

>he doesn't know you can reuse radioactive "waste" over and over

where do you store the waste?

Which can be recycled into other products

>Because they cannot fathom that it's steam coming out of the cooling towers.

That is a lot of steam. They should build bathhouses around the power plant and pipe the steam into them.

ur mums snatch lol

What would happen if you fell in one of those?

>99% meme
It's only 96% by mass.

fpbp

Because they can't make money out of it.

They aren't nearly smart enough for that and it requires great government spending.

If it's implemented it will by someone else that isn't them.

Because they're hysterically emotional about anything nuclear. They just think anything with the remote possibility of being doubleplus ungood to the Religion of Equality as being evil incarnate. Never mind that the atomic bombing of Japan prevented millions of US and Japanese deaths, MAD prevents WW3, and the various nuclear disasters have been negligible and preventable. Muh nukes!

Newer power plants are way more efficient than the second gen, built in the 80s. I think that this isn't a problem anymore for the newer plants.

because liberals don't understand science or statistical probability. they just want to build solar panels and windmills and smoke pot all day.

>where do you store the waste?
we've had reprocessing tech since the 1960s that can recover over 90%. I think Jimmy Carter shitcanned the program to appease the lefty liberals.

>why are they against the cleanest form of baseline power we could ever hope to have?

Son, they are retarded.

Fpbp

I've never met a person, liberal or conservative, that had a negative opinion of nuclear energy. They either don't care or support it/

It's their masters that are against it, because it cuts into oil money

>>where do you store the waste?
>we've had reprocessing tech since the 1960s that can recover over 90%. I think Jimmy Carter shitcanned the program to appease the lefty liberals.

See yucca mountain. Same shit, different nigger president.

This, have us an old fashioned roman steam/bath house

See that big shiny thing in the sky every day? Fusion reactor. Be silly not to use it really.

The left environmentalists don't give a shit about the environment, they just want to hinder the potential of the West and whites.
If we were ever to achieve profitable rate of gathering wind energy, you would see them whining about the birds getting killed by the wind power plants.

Opening a new firm is brain dead retarded nowadays because of the constant anti nuclear propaganda. You can't be totally sure of the success because you could have your plants shut down in any minute of the 30yr projected operating life.
Consider that burning oil at 40$ a barrel is somewhat more competitive than running a nuclear plant and you have the answer.

Hold on niggers. Big disclaimer here.

youtu.be/jjM9E6d42-M

>Liberals were the ones who instituted most of the nuclear programs in the first place.

Russia has launched several propaganda campaigns to destabilize and demoralize Americans by using disinformation and lies to pit conservatives against liberals. Since the the right-wing is suddenly worshiping the Kremlin, it's apparent that they would fall very easily under the spell of Putin and whatever he tells them to love or hate.

Evil, jew-loving, muslim-cucked unironic liberal here. I 100% support nuclear power and hope we can get fusion power worked out within the next 10-20 years. I also support wind, solar, geothermal, hydroelectric, and any other power source as long as it is renewable and/or is not harmful to the environment.

How do you suppose we do that

f

Nuclear power is dying all over the world it's too expensive and too dangerous only idiots think it's the best anything

Chernobyl
Fukishima

How about a couple LFTR's? Thorium is more common than uranium and more energy comes out of Thorium than uranium, how downside is that no uranium used = no "easy" plutonium for WoMD

Solar power isn't used widely because it isn't yet efficient enough to be cost effective.

It's this radical new thing called a solar panel, all the kids are using them.

>Since the the right-wing is suddenly worshiping the Kremlin
just because this shit works on plebbit doesnt mean it works here. fuck outta here lefty nigger

>Chernobyl
When did anything run by commies work?

>Fukishima
>What is an earthquake

Build a big pipeline to it.

Once battery technology advances enough we will only need supplemental power generation to keep the batteries topped up.

This begs the question, geographically where would be the most "stable" place to build a reactor?

Never have any earthquakes in the upper midwest.

The right wing it's not one person.

>Build nuclear power plants into places that have commies/natural disasters
Dont be a dummy pls

Not Japan to be sure, but most if not all European countries should be fine.
USA is kind of shaky because of hurricanes and shit

They are not rational.

>When did anything run by commies work?
Not an argument

>What is an earthquake
Earthquake wasn't the problem

I guess the drawback is that every generation gets to experience some kind of major nuclear incident

Because in SimCity, if you have a nuclear plant long enough, you are guaranteed to eventually have a meltdown.

>what is the dark
If you value phase stability, you would value the turbomachinery mass and capacity factor inherent to nuclear generation. Of course, liberals are idiots who don't know why stability is important so it is no wonder they are for solar.

Then why are they trying to dump so much of it inside a hole in a mountain to bury for the next thousand years?

Look I'm in favor of nuclear power but don't fucking lie about it. It makes waste, and nobody has the fucking balls to say they will help store the waste.

That's the main problem with nuclear power.

I think they just want energy to be really expensive.

literally not an argument

>My school teacher told me nuclear was BAD
>MUH BASED SOLAR POWER

Depends on the design, burns and before death.

Google "cooling tower inside"

You know they do have low waste or even no waste nuke plants in development right now.
IIRC a big company in Japan is gambling everything they have on it.

>waste meme
One dump truck loaded with fresh fuel represents 18 months of operation at the average nuclear power plant. It also represents 1.5 seconds of operation at an equivalent output coal fired plant.

>If you value phase stability, you would value the turbomachinery mass and capacity factor inherent to nuclear generation. Of course, liberals are idiots who don't know why stability is important so it is no wonder they are for solar.
You sound super smart dude cheers

Ok.

What about this.

Liberal here

No problems with nuclear power at all.
No problems with natural gas either

The liberals with a problem with nuclear are a subset of extremists that want to ban anything nuclear. I don't think anybody rational thinks that Nuclear isn't clean power though.

youtu.be/bbyr7jZOllI

Nuclear Fusion is a good way to go.

the left cant meme

fuck off m8 that's really hurtful

*cries*

>{{{ triggered snowfalke }}}
>gobble gobble slurp
Sorry, I can't make out what you're saying with Putin cock so far down your throat. I'm sure whatever it was, wasn't very important.

>thorium meme
Betcha didn't know it breeds fissile U-233 which can just as easily be used in a weapon as U-235 of Pu-239.

I wish countries would invest more in nuclear tech rather than wind and solar. If they did you wouldn't have people worried about future energy needs.

There is usually a net to catch big stuff that mught fall like birds.

Dude, you can have a mouthful of anything and still be perfectly understood through typing. Your joke is dumb.

see

You're right, but it's not like we don't need weapons

Also, I am not going to watch 36 minutes of video. What is your point?

>ankind seen even one reactor working at so little as even one single month without subsidy.
This is retarded. Nuclear is cheap, even with the outdated gen 3 designs currently used in the US.

The key is to invest in everything and have a diverse energy portfolio.

Look at what happened in China. They went all in with coal and now they can't breathe.

Guess what tech they are now investing in. Hint: it's solar.

That wasn't a left meme, I got them from trump campaign.

With a bit of quick research ohio is a pretty safe place from natural disasters, however if there is one there how will all that energy get to other places

Assuming you mean nuclear, it's not renewable at all.

>Not an argument
How is this not an argument? Everything commies touch turns to shit. Of course they will cause the distaster with nuclear power plant.
But that's not a problem with nuclear power, but with communism. Remove commie incompetence and corruption as a factor and power plant will be fine.

>Earthquake wasn't the problem
From what I've read the distaster was caused by the tsunami wave which on the other hand was caused by the earthquake. Either way it was caused by the environment that the Japs failed to address. Perhaps they shouldn't build the power plant in Japan to begin with.

>I guess the drawback is that every generation gets to experience some kind of major nuclear incident
Yeah so it happens relatively rare and the body count is not that impressive either. It's just overblown by the media.

The point is nuclear energy is the future. Not fucken wind or some other bullshit.

They want to ruin the economy, not get us off fossil fuels

These things called power lines.

Most liberals are either niggers or spics. And they don't want clean energy because they want the air to be brown like their skin.

>leaf

We should limit are investment in wind and solar because they still are not cost effective.

Well there are quite a few states in Burgertopia that get hit with basically no natural disasters like ohio, not to mention a reactor in europe wouldn't be too useful to us

war with Iran soon, i warn you, watch this

youtube.com/watch?v=E9yWdC-7sAk

~1 ton of fuel rods vs. 6 gorillian pounds of CO2

Oh, then I am in complete agreement with you. I only deal with nuclear waste at my day job. It's a big fucking nothing.

Well I have

>Of course, liberals are idiots who don't know why stability is important so it is no wonder they are for solar.
I guess the liberals expect the sun to rise tomorrow. As usual.

>literally my entire class back when I was in high school.