Daily Japanese Thread DJT #1611

Other thread is improperly formatted so use this instead.

Cornucopia of Resources / Guide
Read the guide before asking questions.
dekinai.neocities.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dekinai.neocities.org/
nikse.dk/subtitleedit/
youtube.com/watch?v=ODebErZ97NM&feature=youtu.be
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469221154315.webm
effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty
youtube.com/watch?v=QH-kNnq7mFM
youtube.com/watch?v=7FYuYkPgDkk
youtube.com/watch?v=eYVFcJlr9e8
youtube.com/watch?v=EndgkNL-I6I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

#1611.5

今日は

二日

>まだ意味不明、しょうもないネタをごり押しまくって
I'll never understand why of all the things in the world, this memes came to be

ひどいよ、ぞい子ちゃん

>dekinai.neocities.org/
>not calling it bitlasers.neocities.org
but my meme

Fuck you zoi

I feel pretty good about my japanese but i know deep down ive barely even scratched the doorknob

>that jump in difficulty in FHs beach scene

don't scratch the doorknob you asshole

No wonder you're not fluent yet, you're supposed to lick it

Wow my camera is awful, I wanted to show my textbook had an advertisement for Cup Noodles. One of the greatest american products ever.

Zoi is basically a public toilet tier slut now that she's being posted all over the place and no longer fit to be DJT's official mascot.

you never clean the smear of lard off the lens is why, tubby

Was there a mascot before Zoi, besides 出来ない?

well it sure as hell wasnt nep

>Skipped my reps for 2 months
>1282 in queue
Back to the beginning I go again.

Can we make Nep Nep DJT mascot? Even better, can we maker Vert our mascot?

>Hey want to add me on X? You can practice your English with me and I can get some help too.
>Yes! Thank you! :D
This must be the easiest way to make lady friends ever. I've only had one ever say no and she was 10 years older than me anyway.

>way to make lady friends ever
>make lady friends ever
>make friends ever

Why do you want female friends? It's not like you'd have anything to talk about.

諦めろ

On the contrary I talk about anime with them and usually they like at least a few popular ones. I'm not petty enough to be insecure with my hobbies.

What are some good sub editors? I've got these weird subs with Chinese subtitles embedded in the same track.

I think the most common one is aegisub?

Double line subs seems a bit weird though.

Did you check to see if those are hardsubs?

nikse.dk/subtitleedit/

easier to use than aegisub

おはようおにいちゃん

ずっきーにってどうやってたべるの?

I'm the guy that made 90% of the first dekinai edits. I've been around since the beginning.

Dekinai was the first mascot after (arguably) namasensei. Namasensei wasn't much of a mascot but people did post him for a little bit.

お尻にでしょ?

How much of my daily time should I invest into learning Japanese? I want to see steady gains and get good at it but I have to wageslave 12 hours a day.

If you can put an HONEST 1 hour into it a day then you're doing better than 90% of the people here and will be able to hold a decent conversation in a year if you don't fuck up.

i like to believe most of us here put at least an hour into in
more than 90% is a bit harsh

The more you learn the more gains. It's a gradual increase so there is no optimal time slot.

He's projecting bad learning habits onto others in order to feel better about himself, don't pay attention to him.

I put an hour a day and raised my JCAT score by 50 after 6 months

>I'm projecting
I see the constant arguments here and I assert that 9 out of 10 of you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about.

>tfw if you started 7 years ago you'd be fluent by now

Thanks, so my goal should be at least 1 hour a day. I think that's doable, especially since I should be able to learn while wageslaving.

Thanks bro, time to go read the guide.

I won't disappoint you

Does it really take 7 years to get fluent in Japanese?

How long did it take for you to be fluent in your mother tongue?

It's that long.

if you're angelo, yeah
if you're chinese, korean, vietnamese, no

This nigga's on the money, I fluentificized myself in English in about that time.
But you can do it faster by actively learning it every day, that way it'd take about a year if you're smart.

If you're Polish/German?

I read that German and Japanese have some similarities but I'm still just at the beginning of the guide so my knowledge on Japanese is pretty much 0

にほんに4ねんすめば

だいたいペラペラになっているよ

日本にきてもずっと英語つかってるひとは、何十年いてもしゃべれないままかえっていくよ

I just put a picture of Dekinai Chan on my wall for motivation. Do you think it will help, DJT?

しゃべるのは自然に身に着けるかもしれないが、積極的に練習しない限り何年日本にいても読み書きはできないだろう

sure

I've put more than 2 hours a day onto it for more than a year and can't hold a conversation for shit.
Can play Japanese games and read manga just fine so it's all good, though.

Yea but you will never be able to hold a conversation in Japanese if you can't even do it in English.

りょうりのほんをよめても

りょうりしないあのんくんより

りょうりのほんがあんまりよめなくても

りょうりするあのんくんのほうがすきだよ

Are there any offline Japanese-Japanese Dictionary app for Android?

>computer engineer by day
>singer by night

Jerome > You
youtube.com/watch?v=ODebErZ97NM&feature=youtu.be

毎日料理の本研鑽し料理実際習うトップシェフを目指すアノンくんはどうだ?

ITS IMPOSSIBLE ITS COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE

depends on how you define it

I've always found it kind of strange how the word "fluency" often gets modified here and other boards (namely /vg/ and /jp/) to mean mastery of consumption skills (reading and listening), or being able to write stilted, caricatured phrases in runes. Saying it anywhere else would immediately evoke thoughts of speaking, which is not only rare, but completely ignored.

this is understandable for a hobby board, but it makes it a decidedly wrong place to ask serious questions about "fluency," its time frame, and methods to get there, since we get very few people who've actually proven they've reached that.

assuming you were even talking about that kind of fluency to begin with

Kind of mascots: Namasensei, Steve Kaufmann, Dekinai-chan

is my .txt fucked up or what? it shows the characters just fine when I open it normally.

>live in japan all your life
>become mute because of an illness when youre 20
>tfw no longer fluent in your own language

EVERYBODY JUST STAY CALM

i cant do that when you post obsolete gifs

you're obsolete

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1469221154315.webm

Fluency here always meant being on a level close to an educated Japanese adult, as in having both reading comprehension and the ability to hold a conversation about a fairly advanced topic.
That's a hurdle a bit higher than the usual "able to have a frivolous chat about nothing with some guy at a bar" definition of fluency you see elsewhere.

>南よりなこの島の位置
I assume this means a place at the south of an island but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around how it works. Is よりな with a geographical location some special grammar? The one in the DOJG seems to work differently.

from English, Japanese is considered the most difficult language to learn
effectivelanguagelearning.com/language-guide/language-difficulty
It's hard to say, I know people with PhDs in Japanese to English and Vice Versa for translating, who still are not perfect at their second language.

How is that any different from the usual way より is used?

>Wanting to move to this country
youtube.com/watch?v=QH-kNnq7mFM
Being Japanese is suffering.

The one in the DOJG works like 赤道より北に. Using that logic it would say further (towards) island than south, i.e. further north. I doubt that's what's meant however so I assume this よりな works differently.

>01:07:45
You can't expect me to watch all this.
I guess it's the usual sob story about people too shit to fit in?

Eh nevermind I feel like I get it now. I was too hung up on on the geographical comparative より.

You're right,
fluency is a word with a lot of different meanings and frankly, it's getting bastardized by so many people. I'm German and I would consider myself fluent in English because I've literally spend my entire life on the internet and that's the level I'll be shooting for in Japanese, but when you hear most Germans speak English, even though they say they're fluent in it, they make the most blatant errors.

The thing that is in my opinion the most annoying are "polyglots". Maybe American don't feel the same but when you go to a polyglot youtube channel it's literally just 24/7 bragfagging about how "fluent" they are in so many languages and "dialects", usually shilling their books or blogs, but once you hear them talk in your native language it sounds absolutely horrible with constant grammar errors.

I have nothing against accents, it's incredibly difficult to lose them (I've been working hard on losing my English accent and I still have some) and some even sound pretty awesome but what these "fluent" "polyglots" do is just raping a language for the sake of youtube views and trying to trick others into buying their books.

My definition of fluency is being able to read, write and talk like a native or at least being very close to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7FYuYkPgDkk
This one is a lot shorter. Just for you!

I think those videos are overreacting. I've seen and talked to some foreigners in my country and sometimes they're getting called out by racist scum for no reason as well. Just gotta ignore them and live your life. Don't think that the exception is the rule, most people love foreigners and are very interested in them, except if they're ignorant and criminals.

>Now,we need to say clearly to silly foreigners.
>Remember your place!
>BAKA GAIJIN!
>thankyou

worth it just for the description honestly

>ESLs who think they're fluent in English
Your use of language is clearly unnatural and stilted - it is immediately apparent you are not a native speaker. While technically grammatically correct, your prose doesn't flow off the tongue the way a native's would, and hence you are not fluent. Of course, not being a native you don't realise your lack of ability, and people are too polite to correct you, so you live an arrogant deluded life of lies, where you think yourself equal to the natives around you, never realising their deep inner thoughts of disgust and repulsion at your bastardization of the English language.

Keeping up with vocals in a song takes longer than everything else, right? Weird vocab, slurring, non sensical sentences and whatnot

Ehhh? What's wrong with having English as your second language?

>your prose doesn't flow off the tongue the way a native's would
Calm down here, /lit/

ばかね

>While technically grammatically correct
he made several grammar mistakes actually

Depends on the song.
If you can't keep with this you can't learn Japanese:
youtube.com/watch?v=eYVFcJlr9e8

What's the best way to learn just enough Japanese so that I can play untranslated VNs? I don't care about having perfect grammar or being able to speak the language properly.

>that scene with god and buddha
heh

The same as every other way. Read the OP.

Read lots of VNs
Add every unfamiliar word to anki
Do your reps erry day
That's it.

電波系はNGです

This. Speedread through Tae Kim's grammar guide to get started with easy VNs, then just keep climbing.

>not easy enough to keep up with
>not hard enough to feel like user is meming
これはできないというの感じかな

>and hence

Hello there my ESL friend

youtube.com/watch?v=EndgkNL-I6I

I'm an ESL and read the Book of the New Sun, that makes me fluent right?