Thoughts on gentrification?

Thoughts on gentrification?

On one hand it could be used to get rid of the street rats and junkies while on the other hand it can lead to an increase in the amount of homeless on the streets since rent is too expensive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=D2WwCzaGo9c
youtube.com/watch?v=V-KO8bRYkvY
keeparthappening.org/what-we-do/invest-arts/grant-programs/how-apply/apply-monsanto-fund-rural-community-arts-education-program
youtube.com/watch?v=00AiHXj4pDc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_increment_financing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Top has a public hanging and has a helicopter. Noice.

The modern version of colonialism

pic above wouldn't exist without individual welfare payments
pic below wouldn't exist without corporate welfare payments

I watched a guy get the shit beat out of him by a bartender at Mars bar ama

As much as leftists hate it, they refuse to come to terms with the fact that property taxes are a major driving force behind it.

Gentrification is urban renewal. All of it is good. Displacing niggers is very good. Homeless were rightly called derelicts and bums before PC bullshit took over.

Around these parts, the poor of all the races are being displaced by gentrification. I know a lot of whites even that have been moving away from the city because of the skyrocketing prices in property that only rich coastalcucks can afford thereafter.

Exactly. If we have niggers around than we can't have lovely antique stores for whites

Gentrification is how real estate speculators refer to finally making the niggers infesting a once-proud, affordable and safe white neighbourhood to move on, once the niggers have done their job of destroying the neighbourhood and allowing speculators to buy it up for a fraction of fair value.

Capitalism does the job of bringing the neighbourhood back to life once the niggers are gone. Chads never tire of buying the "luxury" apartments the speculators throw up after levelling the white family homes the blockbusters turned into nigger crackhouses. The stores selling organic produce inevitably follow.

The working-class whites who were driven out of their neighbourhoods, of course, usually cannot affird to return.

As always, ethnic cleansing and expropriation is always just peachy when globalists do it.

Gentrification is the one thing faggots are good for.

I used to live in Philly and it was hilarious to see some of this shit going on. Like there would be these rich white people coming out of these shiny new gentrified apartments while all these niggers walked around outside and the whites walked like they were afraid for their lives.

Niggers think it ruins the hood, but I don't see how cleaning up a neighborhood could ruin anything.

I'm guessing you're black. If you want re-segregation, great. Then you browns can't come in our districts and we can discriminate against you in employment and housing.

Otherwise, if people redevelop those shit areas and whites/asians move in, it's because you blacks were living like savages and the land was cheap.

There is no such thing as gentrification.

It's urban renewal. It's taking back slums and making them livable for a new generation of people contributing to society.

I know that corner. E. 1st St and 2nd Ave. Just up from whole foods, down the street from the Sunshine Cinema and Mercury Lounge. It used to be a cool area. Still has a lot of nice businesses. But all round Astor Place going south down the Bowery is yummy central now and the LES isn't for poor people or junkies anymore. Shit changes. At least New York has less crime and more jobs than it used to. I'm not going to cry about that new luxury residential building. Are you, OP?

fucking typing. Yuppie central.

I'm for it and against the people who are against it because they are accepting crime and immoral behavior.

>Displacing niggers is very good.
>1488

HE HAS SPOKEN

>whites move into shitty areas and make them better
bad
>niggers move into white areas and make them worse
good

I went to Philly a few months back and a lot of the neighbourhoods look like shanty towns with boarded up and vacant lots

Still better than Pittsburgh though

It's the only legal way to displace minorities

Philly is 4-1 and Pittsburgh just got raped by the fucking Jags.

What the hell is happening up there.

This is basically right. Rich white people keep trying to move into "lively" neighborhoods and fuck them up, turning them into deadzones. This is happening in Wiliamsburg now. The same happened in areas like Hell's Kitchen. Honestly, why is it that poor minorities make neighborhoods really good, with block parties, music, dancing, amazing cheap food and all that good shit, when white people just keep killing neighborhoods? Watch a few Spike Lee films and you'll see what I mean. It's not as though white people are inventing hip-hop in the South Bronx or anything like that now that such areas are getting gentrified.

JEWS

I saw it happen with my own eyes after living in Pilsen, Chicago for the last 20 years. Pilsen was a fucking nightmare in the 90s and the birthplace of several competing gangs. After East Pilsen got gentrified and the hipsters moved in, it became an actual liveable place. But then the anti-white sentiment started garnering support among the spics, culminating in coffee shops getting harassed with signs and parades where they literally chanted Get out whitey. It's the most curious thing dealing with these type of people. They look at all the reduced crime rates and they say, well that's not worth killing off the local culture there. But Pilsen is more Mexican than ever. They think it's like an even bigger worry than gang shootings and killings. After wracking my brain over why these people are so upset over white people moving in and fixing their neighborhoods, I came to the conclusion that they just hate whites. Period. It has nothing to do with muhh property taxes or muhhh colonialism.

4/10

Are knock knock jokes offensive to the homeless?

>white people make cities great to live
>enter city nogs
>AYO WHY PEOPLE PLEASE GO
>white people leave cities
>niggers ruin cities
>AYO WHY PEOPLE HELP US OUT N SHEIT
>white people move back into cities
>clean them up and make them livable again
>AYO WHY PEOPLE PLEASE GO

rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat

>Honestly, why is it that poor minorities make neighborhoods really good, with block parties, music, dancing, amazing cheap food and all that good shit, when white people just keep killing neighborhoods?
t. midwesterner
gtfo my city faggot

>derelicts
Nice, I feel like a brainlet for not calling them that before

Did somebody say Williamsburg?

youtube.com/watch?v=D2WwCzaGo9c

Well there you have it. Displace them it is!
>caring about niggerball

You can have civilization, or you can have niggers, you cannot have both.

Checked

South and west side Chicago are still as bad as they were in the 90s. Right now there's a huge gang war happening over drugs and territory which is why shootings have skyrocketed. The city is now as dangerous as Memphis and Atlanta today

I'm all for gentrification because it means my property values go up, and quality of life is better overall with poors gone.

Either way you can never win and will be considered a white racist.

White Flight = Whites leaving a neighborhood speeding the process of turning the neighborhood and schools into shit. Blacks are victims and whites are racist.

Gentrification = Whites coming into a black area rising cost of living/rent and opening trendy shops and other businesses which blacks dont use. Blacks are victims and whites are racist.

Greetings to you too, fellow fag. Honestly, though, an excessive concentration of white people kills a neighborhood. All of New York's best neighborhoods are mixed. It's where the most inventive food and culture and creativity happens. It used to by the LES but that's almost dead now. Bed-Stuy and Prospect Heights are getting pretty interesting (confession: I used to lived in the latter). Midtown west is a graveyard because of an overconcentration of well-paid white professionals). It's probably the worst area in the whole of NYC. Pic semi-related.

Yeah Philly is an odd example of it. West Philly, parts of North Philly and SW Philly are all slowly gentrifying out from Center City and the Universities but the black populations in these areas are absurdly violent and basically live in shantys. Philly honestly reminds me of some Latin American countries I've visited except with more black people and violence

Gentrification happened in Oklahoma City a few years after we got a basketball team. As good as it was for the local (((economy))) and cleaning up the city, it drove all the niggers out and they moved into the suburbs of Norman and Midwest City which had a pretty low average crime rate.

If you want to see say actually good shit happening in Williamsburg, see this. It's Jon Batiste with Stay Human.
youtube.com/watch?v=V-KO8bRYkvY

This sort of shit will not exist in Williamsburg very soon.

old was better...

>1488
Holy fucking wot, m8??!!

>neighborhood is prosperous
>government subsidizes or forces lower rent people into the area
>property values drop and the prosperous flee to there areas, driving up their prices
>once formerly prosperous area hits rock bottom, developers buy it up and refurbish it
>property values rise, forcing out the low rent crowd and draws in the prosperous
>repeat

2/10

You're slipping.

The fuck, they built a river?

Gentrification doesn't fix the problem, it just moves it.

Where did the river come from?

This, the nigs just move to the suburbs and make ghettos there

Yeah they built the canal in the early 2000's to try to lure businesses in. This was at the same time we were trying to get a professional sports team, and once the Thunder came into the city, the slumlord apartment buildings and other low income housing started to mysteriously become condemed by OKC Ordinance Office.

Its a canal from the Canadian River they diverted.

If it isn't a thing already, then I have an idea: Segregation of Value. Basically, we change how property prices (and in turn taxes) are determined by preventing one type from affecting the rest.

Example: If a group of commercial properties were made available for sale or purchased, only the value of other commercial properties would decrease or increase respectively.

Thoughts?

whats her name again?

it might have been culverted over and they just removed the street. you'd be surprised how many hidden rivers there are in cities

I think that if you take a derelict building and renovate it in a modern style you should be shot.

Not for gentrification or shit like that but because modern building styles are shit.

Why I live in Pilsen too! Fucking hell this place has changed from a lively community to dead. Even the FDS doesn't feel the same

Gentrification would be great if it didn't result in hordes of naive white libcucks moving in en masse.

it wouldn't stop (((speculators))) from buying up properties in hopes of getting them shifted from one zoning type to another. only a small part of real estate prices has to do with what you're actually getting, most of it comes from the hopes of selling it in the future to some other sucker

use the homeless as cheap insulation.

Girl from freaks and geeks, forgot her name.

/thread

yeah poor niggers are much more preferable

also this, and it moves the gentrification around.

>whites live in urban center
>jews rent or sell units to niggers
>whites leave
>more niggers move in and destroy it
>jews make "art & design zone" in nigger town
>hipsters and/or fags move in and renovate
>niggers leave to suburbs
>rich whites move into gentrified zone
>middle class whites move away from suburb
>more niggers move in and destroy it
>jews sell houses to fags
>fags bring up property taxes and prices
>niggers go somewhere else

and so on and so on. ive watched this cycle numerous times in south florida. miamis wynwood district was a jewish op from the get go, and it was made to look like it was a natural thing. wilton manors used to be all niggers, now its fags and hipster and the niggers went west into sunrise, plantation and davie. pompano is gentrifying now and the niggers are moving to margate and coral springs. only boca is safe from this, not sure how but it is.

It wouldn't need to happen if shitty parts of town would stop covering everything in graffiti and litter. If you don't take care of your shit don't be surprised when people take your eyesore and fix it up the way they like.

Rent price has nothing to do with homelessness

I escaped the city about 10 years ago.I couldn't see what was happening in a big city.But in hick town I could see the Rural Organizers at work!
It all starts with the TIF .
First they build commie unity centers to get to know the formally important RUBES and either co opt them,or ruin them.
They put their kids into rural arts programs brought in by Monsatan-O
keeparthappening.org/what-we-do/invest-arts/grant-programs/how-apply/apply-monsanto-fund-rural-community-arts-education-program
Community is communism.
Through the arts and shit like COMMUNITY CHEER they tie up the parents and the children making them whores and pedo bait ...I could go on
Community center they get to know the people.The aged? They get them to donate their lands to globalist land trusts and they become friends with the rubes whose lives they are stealing.
This is big out here.
The Teen Superstars of Competitive Cheerl youtube.com/watch?v=00AiHXj4pDc
It's the COMMIE UNITY and th EU is the author of Communitarian law.
They bring in globalist parasite corporations like Toxic Dollar General,Subway,KFC etc.They closed down the local grocer and most people buy their poison grocery slop at Dollar General.
So with a TIF program parasitical globalist toxic businesses don't pay taxes for being our Community Partner!
They become stakeholders and the city manager represents the parasites stakeholders!
They call the shots.If the parasite corporations want any changes like new streets or driveways etc.The schulbs pay for it as a tribute for having Subway or a new Walgreens or a new Pizza Hut.You can go from town to town and get the same slop !
Why leave your town? The same parasites are set up in the neighboring towns! Chain food outlets like the prison cafeteria! No other restraunts are allowed to be in biz within miles of the parasite (no competetition!) It all starts with a TIF en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_increment_financing

>In a world of free rent no one it's homeless.

Think about it.

Rezoning should only affect the types involved, not every type overall. There's also the "future prospects" of the area algo with other factors that determine real estate value.

The point is my property taxes shouldn't go up because my house increased in value due a new factory being built or down because a school in my area lost its accreditation. Only what happens within the residential market should change that.

*along with...

My dad might go out of business as most of his customers are niggers who buy beer, cigarettes, and grocery with EBT cards due to gentrification.

Moonman?