We have lost, the overton window is so far left, the NRA! would consider gun control

We have lost, the overton window is so far left, the NRA! would consider gun control.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=L2YLgLj8KVY
ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

God why are the NRA a bunch of pussies.

Banning bump stocks won't change shit and they know it.

Cuckpublicans

So why support banning them?

Because they're pussies.

Banning bump stocks makes it look like they're doing something while removing something that violates the spirit of existing law.

If a good number of sheeple want semiautomatics banned (i.e. all modern firearms as we know them) then they'll take this concession and back off a bit.

Bump stocks are retarded because fully automatic weapons should be legal

>compromising ever

also
>implying the shooter didn't use a belt fed machine gun

>then they'll take this concession and back off a bit.
American conservatives have been saying this for 60 years lmao

Because bump stocks are irrelevant and Hughes is being repealed anyway. This will also keep them from focusing on the upcoming deregulated suppressors bill.

I don't understand how people can't see that. The left never shuts up about anything, hopefully this will.

Because most of the wealthier members/higher ups at the NRA have alot of preban Class 3 automatic rifles. Most pleb gunfags never heard of bump stocks, so why pay 20k+ for a legal full auto weapon when you can have one for $20.
>tl:dr their shekels are in danger of losing value.

exactly, Never give an Inch

Once again

SHALL

If you think autos should be illegal then it didn't really make sense to not ban these too.

This, never give up an inch

This is why we don't give them anything at all.

Bump stocks aren’t guns. I mean I kind of see what they’re doing, but they (and every other right wing organization out there) should know by now that it’s impossible to meet the left halfway. Give a leftist an inch, and they’ll take a hundred million miles

Joe blow cant afford a real full auto. The fa market is held up by upper middle class men who actually like firearms and dont just buy a shitty potmetal ak to throw 200 rounds a year through. These are real enthusiast who arent going to lose interest in things theyre willing to pay tens of thousands for because a "kind of almost like full auto" toy is becoming known to the general public.

>NRA backed Hughes ammendment
>NRA backed the Import bans
>NRA backed banning norinco
>NRA backed making 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 pistol rounds, killing cheap russian steel core import rounds
>NRA fought for banning foreign made assault weapons (Ie, AK's, HK rifles, Galils, and anything else that we could want) because fuck you
>backed all of FOPA

Once a Turncoat, always a Turncoat

I fucking hate the NRA

Because they're fun and cheap.

As they've shown previously, the NRA are against all things cheap and fun.

They've never been pro gun, they've only been pro American gun manufacturer.

>Joe blow cant afford a real full auto.

Because of an artificially created and limited market. Not that FAs were super popular when they were legal but regular guys were getting into buying guns like Uzis and Mac 10s before FOPA hit.

NRA is controlled opposition and only liberals don't know it.

You fucking shill piece of shit. Don't liaten to this cock sucking faggot. Never surrender even a fucking inch. Pro gun people have been saying that fir a century - "maybe they'll take this and back off".

You don't need a bump stock to bump fire. Keep quiet and let the Democrats think this will change anything

youtube.com/watch?v=L2YLgLj8KVY

Who is the NRA? Why do they matter?

The only people I've ever seen using bump stocks at ranges were fucking losers anyway

I know this
The NRA knows this
Everyone who is serious about gun rights knows this

Give the dems the "win" on this useless issue and then no other real gun control legislation gets passed

Im not knowledgeable in guns but have a co-worker who is and told me that bump stocks are almost a toy and that banning them makes no sense

can any weapon fag here confirm?

For real. These kids need to learn their history. I will never understand why young faggots talk about shit they don't know about.

They think cucking on something will "buy them goodwill" or something along those lines.
Fucking retards learned nothing.

DO NOT APLOGIZE
DO NOT COMPROMISE
THEY WON'T STOP
IT WILL MAKE IT WORSE

Could someone please tell me the negatives of the NRA telling leftists to fuck off and going full SHALL NOT?

Why the FUCK does the right have to give in at all to anything?

Thats what I was saying and I honestly believe that is the reason why the NRA is backing this, and i also believe that since bump stocks are all over the news, it will drive down the price of FA's unless they can be outright banned.

>NRA backed Hughes ammendment
and FA's went over 10x their asking price overnight.

>I've ever seen using bump stocks at ranges were fucking losers anyway

I understand this, its about the principal

NEVER AN INCH

>So why support banning them?
Know when to hold em/Know when to fold em. Bump stocks are garbage that no self-respecting /k/ would bother with. They are toys, used by children. They have no accuracy, and have no purpose for a discerning shooter. If I want full auto, I will buy a full auto...

>Full Auto outright banned

Never going to happen, government showing up to take rich men's guns would not go over well.

Because they clearly violate the spirit of existing law.

im talking about the effect of bump stocks on the current fa market, which is practically nothing. There are relatively few fa rifles and plenty of people willing to pay for the real thing. Bump stocks are just a toy for poor people.

If this is illegal it's not surprising bumpstocks are

The NRA is likely trying to throw a bone on this one considering that bump-stocks are pretty much useless. That said, if we give the fucking marxists an inch they'll take a yard and I don't see this ending well at all. Hopefully enough members of congress have balls that nothing passes.

If they want to ban the ability to fire one bullet with each pull of the trigger, then they need to do that. Otherwise we will continue to find ways around their ignorant attempts to stifle our basic human rights.

WHore faggot was already on the TV said of course I want a slippery slope

It would be pathetically easy (assuming bipartisanship) to just amend the law to include bump stocks and other similar devices as part of the fire control group, which I'm given to understand is what's actually regulated in the US. You could just insert "or any such device which would render a firearm similarly capable as" after the part about firing more than once on a pull of the trigger. Bam, loophole closed.

Anybody have any government statistics on gang-related homicides in the US? I'm seeing conflicting reports when I google and need to be pointed in the right direction.

"Despite the fact that the Obama administration approved the sale of bump fire stocks on at least two occasions"

= you libcucks struck out twice with your boy already

"the National Rifle Association is calling on the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE) to immediately review whether these devices comply with federal law"

= go back to your files and see if you crossed your t's and dotted the i's AGAIN you dumb fucks. Unless you found something that you havent brought up the last time it came up for review, you dont have shit to say about it because it compliant with current laws

"The NRA believes that devices designed to allow semi-automatic rifles to function like fully-automatic rifles should be subject to additional regulations."

=but ok. We'll let you write regulation. But you are gonna have one hell of a time trying to describe "the" device to regulate. And o yeah, lets talk about open carry without borders. Scratch me i scratch you.

There are not only ways around that, but try defining "similarly capable" in a way that doesnt blatantly outlaw semi autos but still removes what are you might consider loopholes. Theyre both considered semiauto by the strictest definition the atf could think of. Youre not going to do better by tossing in a couple legally meaningless words.

Deep state is afraid. This makes them look weak.

>try defining "similarly capable" in a way that doesnt blatantly outlaw semi autos but still removes what are you might consider loopholes
That's not my job, that's the job of the courts. That's the point of having them. Asking me to both write and interpret law shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the separation of powers. The greatest threat to American freedom and democracy is your ignorance.

>There are not only ways around that
Name one.

it would be nice if we got something in return like National Carry

Exactly. The nra is not stupid they got lawyers best that money buys and gun lovin

They deliberately obfuscate those numbers and try to mix Hispanics with whites to skew the numbers.

You're best off going straight to the FBI reports.

The import ban is what pisses me off the most. They support the free market, but didnt want european manufactures competing with US companies

Because bump stocks were always a meme that violated the spirit of the law and basically simplified just pulling the trigger fast as fuck. On top of that, they can try to leverage it into getting suppressors unbanned. There really is no reason to have them banned, they knock off like 30-40 decibels, turning a gunshot from being as loud as a jet engine into a loud rock concert. They'll save hearing and means you won't be a nuisance out in the country. Anyone shooting in public will still know it's a fucking gun shot.

>auscunts in charge of understanding the american government
Its actually the job of the executive branch, in this case the ATF, to interpret and enforce these laws. The judicial branch doesnt get involved unless someone argues against the law in court. "Similarly capable" means whatever the atf wants it to mean until someone sues the shit out of them and wins because theyre using an undefined term from an amendment on an unconstitutional law that was never even legally passed to prosecute someone who was made a felon by the stroke of a pen.

>name one
Hand crank. Every 1/8 of a turn or so it simply presses the trigger automatically. Its not simulating fa in any way based on the legal definition. Neither are bump stocks for that matter

>Its actually the job of the executive branch
No it isn't.

The executive enforces and applies law. The judiciary interprets it. The ATF's decisions can be challenged as unlawful and sent to the court for interpretation - as you have alluded to yourself.

Like I said, the only threat to freedom here is your permissive attitude to overreach.

>Hand crank
Renders a semi-auto weapon similarly capable of fully automatic fire as a fully automatic weapon. Unlawful under the definition. Assuming, of course, that the courts interpret similar capability as simple equivalence in rate of fire.

Give an inch and they'll take a mile.

this is the main problem with modern republicans. You dont give an inch but expect the other side to give you everything. You are living in an alternate reality.

(((NRA)))

Your answers open more loopholes than they close. What kind of abo nigger are you?

Name one.

How fast does a gun have to fire before it is considered and FA?

Yes it is, you mong. The ATF has pretty much complete control of how federal gun laws are interpreted and enforced since probably before you were born. The judicial branch only interprets it if it is challenged. They dont send a fucking judge to the ATF for every new piece of legislation to tell them how it needs to be interpreted so they can enforce it the way the judiciary wants.
>Renders a semi-auto weapon similarly capable of fully automatic fire as a fully automatic weapon. Unlawful under the definition. Assuming, of course, that the courts interpret similar capability as simple equivalence in rate of fire.
Practically all semi-auto rifles are capable of the same rate of fire as their full auto counterparts, you ignorant nigger. You just outlawed every semi auto firearm

>If a good number of sheeple want semiautomatics banned (i.e. all modern firearms as we know them) then they'll take this concession and back off a bit.
>what do you mean you won't agree to extend the ban to this, this and that. you already did it once and people are safer because of it.

That is up to the courts to determine.

>The judicial branch only interprets it if it is challenged.
So the judicial branch is in charge of interpretation, then.

Obliviously a court case needs to be brought for the courts to make a judgement, you fucking cretin, and I never said otherwise. The courts interpret the law. Not the ATF.

>Practically all semi-auto rifles are capable of the same rate of fire as their full auto counterparts
This is manifestly wrong, and the only evidence needed to demonstrate that it is wrong is to simply point out that semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons both exist. If they had the same capability, not both would exist.

Your retardation is endless.

>compromising ever
I live in Alaska with almost no gun or knife laws, we even have a law on the books (HB69) saying fuck the feds if they go against the 2nd amendment, but how come nobody bitches about New York or California gun laws?

>while removing something that violates the spirit of existing law.
Gun regulations themselves go against the spirit of the fucking constitution you dumb nigger.

This is the only reason.

I don't know where you're from but change is very much in the air here, for the better. Everyone is moving right, some way right. Where pointing out racism disparagingly was once the norm, now defending racism from PC accusations is becoming the norm. The red pill is on the tip of everyone's tongue. I used to worry about showing my power level, now I have near strangers volunteering right wing statements that would've got you fired from your job just three years ago.

It is exciting, but at the same time it fills me with apprehension, because I know now that left and right are on a trajectory toward violent confrontation in this country. What's critical is that /ourguy/ is in power when it happens. If we win in 2020 our people will have a real chance at accomplishing what must be done with minimal bloodshed.

Ban 14" shoestrings!

You could not be more of an ignorant nigger.

If the ATF takes a law and enforces it the way they see fit without any input from the judicial branch whatsoever, how exactly is the judicial branch interpreting it?

>This is manifestly wrong, and the only evidence needed to demonstrate that it is wrong is to simply point out that semi-automatic and fully automatic weapons both exist. If they had the same capability, not both would exist.
Youre assuming that the difference between semi auto and full auto is a function of the rate of fire because, once again, you are an ignorant nigger. The legal distinction has never been related the the rate of fire because, once again, semi auto firearms are perfectly mechanically capable of reaching full auto rates of fire.

Your a fag. Only a cunt fag like you would bring up such a thing and think it as a basis to clasify what is fa and not. My point is that your arguement on equivalency based on firing rate is flawed like your whole line of thinking through out this thread.

All you've dobe when someone pokes a hole in you is to say thats not my job. Why don't you just go to sleep you and cuddle woth you abo nigger bf

Speed is irrelevant, the definition is based on pulls of the trigger.

A weapon is automatic if it fires more than one bullet per pull of the trigger. A bump stock gets around this by pulling the trigger for every bullet, but does it mechanically rather than manually.

Regardless, the language that is being proposed is such that it is aimed to limit the speed at which a trigger can be pulled. It could literally mean buying a aftermarker Geisselle trigger is illegal.

They are just wolves in sheep's clothing (((lobbyists))) that profit from spamming your mailbox with clickbait tier pamphlets about why you need to donate your entire paycheck or the gun grabbers win. They couldn't give less than a fuck about 2A as they have demonstrated time and time again. GOA is the only 2A group we really have.

>If the ATF takes a law and enforces it the way they see fit without any input from the judicial branch whatsoever, how exactly is the judicial branch interpreting it?
The judicial branch isn't interpreting it, obviously. But decisions can be taken to the judiciary for interpretation, because that is the role of the judiciary, and when they reach the judiciary they will be interpreted at that time.

Thus power is separated.

Idiot.

>Youre assuming that the difference between semi auto and full auto is a function of the rate of fire
Which it is.

>semi auto firearms are perfectly mechanically capable of reaching full auto rates of fire
Sure, but that's not what the law would say. The law would classify as fully automatic any firearm that fires more than once from pull of the trigger, or any device that modifies a semi-automatic firearm to fire at the same rate. The semi-automatic firearm itself is excluded in the legislation and so it isn't unlawful.

Use your fucking brain you fucking retard.

>but you can use a string to achieve that effect
Then just add "any device specifically made for the purpose of, or any other device being used at the time for the purpose of". Thus string is not unlawful, but string being used to that effect is unlawful.

My God, no wonder America is a shithole if people like you are running it.

You idiot, bump stocks are garbage.
That's why No one cares.

>can't speak English
>says that something makes loopholes but can't name any
>muh abbos
shut up tyrone

Because they're fags. There is no fucking reason to give a single inch to a lefty retard in any circumstance.

Exactly. Trying to describe the "device" is what spirals the regulatory lanuguage down the drain because it will be so broad and cause other things to get lumped in and cause an enforcement nightmare. For atf.

>Speed is irrelevant, the definition is based on pulls of the trigger.
Yes, we're all aware.

>Regardless
It's not "regardless" it's the entire point, retard. Everybody knows that the current law doesn't ban bump stocks, that's the point of the proposed alteration. Your attempt to sound informed, aloof, and condescending only reveals you to be an idiot who has not put an ounce of thought into the argument.

>It could literally mean buying a aftermarker Geisselle trigger is illegal.
Yes, it could, if an aftermarket Geisselle trigger gives the same effect as a fully automatic fire control group.

>>how come nobody bitches about New York or California gun laws?
Oh, we do. I can assure that we do. Only problem is Jew York and Commiefornia are over run by leftist cucks.

>bump stock regulations

And nothing of value would be lost.

I'm seriously hoping that this is just a sacrificial lamb for when the SHARE act (legalizing surpressors+more) comes up for a vote.

Go to sleep abo fag. You're talking out of you gay ass.

My bad, didn't know you were niggering the thread, please continue.

You histrionic faggots need to learn that the NRA isn't going to war over plastic toys that they have no sway over to begin with. I can't believe theres even a market it.

>this much backpedaling in a single post
O i am a laffin

You are completely ignorant of how the laws currently work or how your proposed amendment would affect them. Any law not outright banning semi auto rifles would be laughably easy to work around. You have even described a law that already exists and is completely inneffective. You lack a basic understanding of how firearms function or how they are classified legally or colloquially. Please stop embarassing yourself.

What does the GOA say?

They are against all gun control as always, they don't cuck. I'm disappointed too because I wanted to get that sick merch from being an NRA member but I'll save my money now.

How do you regulate something that can be easily crafted at home with a spring or crank?

what they always say when the govt wants to fuck with the 2nd amendment.

FUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKK YOOOOOOOOUUUU!!

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED MOTHERFUCKERS!!

Ever hear the phrase "give an inch and they take a mile?"

>backpedaling
Where?

>We have lost

KYS, Marxist shill. We are winning. Story after story, day after day, establishes this. If the best you commies can get out of us is bump stocks, you're fucked.

Here is the political game as I see it. NRA has blamed Obama's BATF for Bumpstocks. NRA has asked BATF to "reevaluate" and admit their mistake. BATF is now between a rock and a hard place. If BATF admits they F'ed up, the blame for LV goes to them. A Fed Bumpstock law is needed to memorialize BATF's new ruling as law. If BATF digs their heels in, which is most likely, then a Fed Bumpstock law is required to change their ruling. The Left's feeding frenzy on LV blood increases no matter what. The Fed Bumpstock law next gets National Reciprocity attached with it. The Right and Left Congresscritters will have to vote for it. We now easily beat the 60 vote filibuster rule and get National Reciprocity for price of Bumpstocks. A principled approach? No. Politically shrewd? Yes.

FROM
OUR
COLD,
GAPED
ANUSES
!!!!!!

>back off a bit.

Hey user, did you know naive does not show up on a google search?

Look, the government has already infringed gun rights, this also means the government is no longer a legally functioning authority. When the government made full auto firearms illegal, it began the monopoly of ownership. If they are to completely ban all firearms, they will totally cease to be recognized as supreme authority of the nation by the entire nation. But having a civil war has always been the goal of the modern democrat party.

If the government were worried about terrorists, they would not have immigrated 29 million muslims since 9/11/2001. If the government cared about untraceable "ghost" guns they would have built a wall on the southern border,if the government cared about gun violence against unarmed people, chicago would still be a world class city with a thriving economy.

No the government only cares about control. Look at the reaction by democrats over the year after losing the election. The only thing they fear is losing their wealth, power, and influence. They already took a huge dent in the influence department.

Yeah, or give an inch an they'll be back for another inch in a few months. "Oh come on, it's just a small change, safer childrens, and you already agreed to this change over here."

and again...
and again...

Fast forward x years and the police and military have concluded their door to door confiscation of all firearms, and we can all breathe easier. Because, you know...childrens and all...

>this is the main problem with modern republicans. You dont give an inch but expect the other side to give you everything. You are living in an alternate reality.

Alternate reality is YOU, leftard. "Bipartisan" means "giving in to Democrats (commies)."

When commies are in power, they "have a mandate." When commies are out of power, they "must be the principled opposition."

Commies accept no authority but commies. Alinsky 101.

Fire up the fucking helicopters. Humanity will never have a chance to know peace until commies - and THOSE WHO PROMOTE AND ENABLE THEM - are eradicated.

Sad, but true.

ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/expanded-homicide-data-table-11
Based on the stats here, about 5-10% of firearm homicides are gang related. I've seen claims of up to 80% citing a CDC paper that doesn't mention gang violence at all. Any explanation for this discrepancy? I'm trying to track down the source of these statistics.

Serious question. If you guys are against any form of gun control, then why are automatics banned? How did you let that happen? Or do you actually support it? If that's the case, then it means you do support some sort of red line for citizen use?