So what happened here exactly? How bad did Skeleton Knight fuck up...

So what happened here exactly? How bad did Skeleton Knight fuck up? How come his attack didn't work against Griffith/Femto, instead seemingly being manipulated by Griffith/Femto to "open the door" to the new world? I thought Skeleton Knight had been saving up Behelits all this time for a weapon capable of harming the Godhand, but it didn't work.

Also I find it fascinating that Berserk takes place in a world geographically almost identical to ours. You can see that where our story takes place is in on a continent almost identical to Europe, with Midland being somewhere near Poland.

The man who did nothing wrong somehow used his powers to redirect the attack to Ganishka's face, destroying him and causing the overlap between the real world and the astral world.

What do you thing Mr Skeleton will do now that he knows his weapon is useless against Femto?

He made his weapon specifically against Void, not Femto or God Hand in general.

Void can open portals to avoid damage and redirect opponents attacks at them, this will basically let Skull Knight cancel it out and hit Void.

Femto is spehsul stronk plot armor uber God Hand that wins because reasons.

Skeleton Knight can only harm evil creatures. He can use that weapon against the other God Hand, but Femto is actually good, overall. The sacrifice was just his only possible way to build a paradise. And Casca was a part of that, because God Hand have to make a way for themselves to be killed when they rise up. So he killed all his companions and made Guts into the only thing that can harm him, but in return he will make a kingdom where millions of people can live safe and happy lives. It seems like the default way the rest of the God Hand did things is to make Skeleton Knight their nemesis who can harm them, and I guess he just assumed Femto would be the same as them. But the whole point of Griffith's character is to deconstruct grimdark anti hero morality, and twist it into something really crazy and over the top. Skeleton Knight is suprised, in the same way the readers are, because Griffith is there to twist expectations at every turn.

wow

kino

holy shit you're right.

If you read that chapter again you'll see Africa a few pages later also.

I'm assuming the Kushan Empire started in India and conquered all of south & central asia and the middle east.The Holy See's capital is probably in Italy.

But bizarrely the old capital of the ancient Emperor (whose aesthetic was entirely roman) was buried beneath Windham, which is in the Germany-Poland area instead of being in Italy.

As to where Guts and his party sailed to, I'm guessing it's in the north sea towards somewhere in scandinavia as that's where elven mythology came from IRL

The God Hand and the IOE have dominion over causality in the physical world, they literally control fate, which makes Griffith invincible expect for brief moments when events are in flux, which is why Skull Knight only attacked the God Hand during the eclipse, the Skull Knight attempted to hit Femto with his resonance sword, which he descibed as a sword that banishes God Hand members to the vortex of souls.

Skull knight was on target, but Femto deflected his strike with a space rift and it hit Ganishka instead. Ganiskas body stored the abyss itself "It was all part of my plan" etc., when SK's resonance sword slashed Ganishkas twice reincarnated body with a weapon that reaches even deepr into the abyss, caused a calamity that merged the astral and physical worlds.

Skull Knights weapon does work, which is why Griffith was forced into his Femto form to defend himself. It's the only time he was vulnerable.

and where is Elf Island?
Stralya or Murrika?

>the old capital of the ancient Emperor (whose aesthetic was entirely roman) was buried beneath Windham
It's not that surprising. Romans romanized everyone they conquered, although they never went as far as Poland. You could rationalize it by alternate history where the Emperor used magical hijinks to conquer most of Europe.

As for where Guts sailed to, it's obviously the british isles. The getups of the mages, the trees, the fields, the plants are all akin to England. None of that shit in the scandinavian folklore or nature. Just us dense pine trees here.

It's probably Spain, Roderick comes from an island similar to Britain, and the Holy See capital has that Spanish Mosque/Church where Guts and Serpico fought

When will the other GodHands be relevant?

Word is on the grapevine that Miura is aiming for 2023 for that.

So did skully lose his sword/behelits?

He warped space as he said, and the sword never hit him, the sword stroke is still in the air, just as deadly. Then Femto allows the swordstroke to touch Ganishka.

I don't know man but I always did find it hilarious that Skullknight is basically responsible for dooming the planet because of that collosal fuck-up. I bet that know-it-all didn't see that shit coming.

Skull knight doesn't actually know how powerful the Godhand are. He has probably only been able to confront them a number of times due to how rare it is to see them at all. Notice how he attempts to hit Void only to get stopped effortlessly. His sword of resonance was probably just taking a stab without knowing how he effective it would be. Unfortunately, he plays into causality in ways even he can't conceive.

Source of the color version?