Why did Sup Forums hate this again?

Why did Sup Forums hate this again?

People overrating something mediocre turns me away from it. It's a stubborn way of thinking but that's how it is.

Randumb unfunny Reddit cringe meme show

The why does Sup Forums love the shows like Nichijou, Mob Psycho or Konosuba?

It was well received by Sup Forums.

There's nothing wrong with it but for some reason It's just extremely boring. I've tried watching a couple of episodes before going to bed an literally fell asleep watching it. On 3 different episodes, three nights in a row.

I usually can marathon up to 12 episodes in a row that way so I'm not the problem

Alpha MC they've all been asking for but couldn't self insert to.

It aired on Toonami first.

I personally found it brilliant, the colours were vibrant, the humour was no more dumb than most anime.

It had elements of pulp sci fi too with the designs.

Great music too.

I watched it dubbed and don't regret it

a few days ago , i made a thread about why this show was so good , and somehow everyone was quite positive about it

therefore , i call bait

Yeah, especially by the part of Sup Forums that posted Sup Forums, Sup Forums and Sup Forums reaction images and kept asking how they could watch the episode since they missed it on TV.

We didn't, there was just a vocal minority of retarded us vs them shitposters who thought that Space Dandy was to blame for the board "suddenly" being full of tumblrinas and redditors

>ago ,
>i
Stop typing like a retard.

>We
Who made you community manager, user?

it was too popular

It was a character driven comedy with a cast of terribly unlikable character who couldnt hope to carry the show, plot was anaemic. That animation though? 20/10. If not for the shitty MC and supporting cast it would have been AotS

retarded shit made for casuals

good thing this is the only objection you can spit out

It was popular

Hell yeah, you said it bro, hardcore otakus like us watch good shows like Love Live

BANE ?

I liked. Every episode was like a story in itself

He wasn't even objecting to what you posted. For all you know that user agrees with you. You just type like a fucking retard.

t.hardcore anime watcher

Normally I despise episodes in which everyone is singing. But that one was magic.

It´s my favorite anime. People who hate on Dandy are the ones that watch moeshit

The comedy wasn't very funny, and the characters weren't very likable.
It wasn't horrible overall, but it was incredibly overrated and the threads circlejerking it while it was airing where everyone acted like Dandy was the second coming of Jesus were cancerous and made Sup Forums a shittier place.

so , grammar nazis on patrol again?
be thankful i put the letters where they belong and dont type like some ghetto-ass nig nog talks

if that is what you do in your freetime , you should think about becoming a teacher or something

Why are you proud of doing something wrong?

so , what exactly have i been doing wrong?

let us go about it in a more analytic way before you come and call me retard , will you?

>free time

Nigger it takes less than ten seconds to type out a message calling you a dumbass. Don't act like you're worth anyone's time except the time it takes to laugh at you.

10:1 odds say you're a spic or a dot head.

see
tl;dr terrible punctuation and capitalization. If you weren't a retard you'd know that though.

Probably the best animated TV show of all time.
>tfw the movie didn't happen after all

because (generally) Sup Forums has shit taste

>a cast of terribly unlikable character
>it was incredibly overrated and the threads circlejerking it...were cancerous and made Sup Forums a shittier place.
These.

Western pandering garbage.

too cool for school
i dropped it 2-3 eps into the seconds season
i couldn't stand yet another episode of WACKY HIJINKS, despite all the sakugawank
the hanakana episode was the best

Probably because it was so hit and miss with the different episodes.
It didn't help that it also aired on Toonami, either.

I suppose that's what made it good rather than more Idolmaster?

Unfunny and parroted nonstop by the "manime" crowd
From the start it was made to cater to western tastes and normalfags who used to Family Guy style humor, hence the simuldub on Toonami and many aspects of the direction and design
Plus it tried to throw in a "serious" episode every now and then which the one-dimensional cast made completely unbelievable, but which nevertheless lets reddit pseudo-intellectual types claim that the show was "deep"
Also note that nobody can defend Space Dandy except by shitposting about moe anime which is the only argument most braindead "manime" fans can still remember how to use, or by praising the animation and production values which even the detractors will tell you were indeed quite good.

Space dandy is one of the classics of this decade, give it a few years and it will be seen as such if not already.

When it was airing. Space Danny was almost unanimously hated because it aired on Toonami first (muh normalfags/dubfags) and because of its absurdist humor at times (muh reddit humor)
It was pathetic, really.

yeah , so what?
i am not writing my english homework here.

i am not inventing a new kind of spelling either.

neither do i need to apply any capitalization here , why should i go through the trouble of pressing the caps key here if it is not crucial to the context?

no , the only reason you complain is not because the way i write makes it hard to read , but because you have more of a desire to insult random people on an anonymous image board for insignificant errors.

on a side note , i never mentioned anything about being "proud of doing something wrong"

unlike you , i will now let go of this childish matter and simply continue my evening of talking about anime , as i originaly intended

What nonsense, it did have a western audience in mind but it still was totally creative japanese humour, with a lot of "deep" episodes in between. And one of the best animation in anime.

>why should i go through the trouble
Because it shows that you care to keep up the quality of your posts, make your posts easier to read and shows that you are not some stupid phone poster.

S1 sucked. It was Inconsistent, unfunny, and not doing much besides treading very familiar paths with the sci-fi concepts. It also had crap like this episode People only like it for the loli.

S2 was much better in every way and more experimental, but even that faltered at times.

Who cares about that tho? It's all about the content, if his message is right ignore some mistakes here and there.

>ago , i
good , and
>therefore , i
>so , grammar
>freetime , you
>so , what
>retard , will

You don't put a space before the comma, just after.
People think you're an idiot because you break this rule consistently, and because it's such an incredibly basic rule which has examples of proper usage in a huge percentage of written sentences in not only English, but also a good chunk of western languages in both written and typed form.

>why did Sup Forums do x?
Why do people keep assuming Sup Forums is made up of themselves and one large monolithic hivemind? Lots of different people come to this site nowadays, people like different things and that's okay.

>Who cares about that tho?
For the exact reasons I already mentioned.

>episodic show
>there are only 6 good episodes

QT and Meow were uninspired, boring characters.

The comedy really falls flat.

If you watch this show for humor or for character development, you are a retarded sack of shit. AOTY.

It was really inconsistent. It's hard for me to say how I felt about it on the whole because some episodes were really good while other episodes were boring me to the point where I fell asleep

Most people on Sup Forums dropped it because season 1 was boring crap outside of 2 episodes.

Season 2 was consistently good though.

Because it attracted Sup Forums and Sup Forums crossboarding scum.

I always felt like the second season was way more inconsistent when it comes to quality. It had some of the most boring episodes, like the trial, the cloud-guy, that alien that played the ukelele.

Incoherent trash

>its a ''Sup Forums is one person'' meme again

>If you watch this show for humor or for character development, you are a retarded sack of shit
Well you're right about that, the humor and characters were both awful.
I'd love to hear what else, if not humor, this comedy anime should be watched for.

Everyone loves Dandy
>give it a few years
so that Sup Forums could get over their tsundere.

Amalgamation of ideas, conceptual absurdity, experimentation, animation, production. It's a playground for all the talented animators and directors in the industry to do whatever they want.

muh sakuga, according to sakugafags
they're cancer

Yeah, but S1 only has one episode and the rest are boring shit outside some average ones. Unless you think it's consistently ass?

I think it's falsely advertised as comedy, but you have to advertise it as something. Comedy was never its strong point. And the episodic format makes it difficult for character developement.

You want to watch it for the animation, the music, the strange ideas, the surprise of what you get this episode.

Sup Forums loved it, and watched it together while it was airing
it was any discussion outside of that was constantly shit on by the usual trolls and faggots

thank god for the stakeholders usually keeping watch, because the animators running wild failed miserably with this one

limbo planet episode objectively best

Blame Sup Forums.

Do people just make this stuff up?

This show got barely any hate when it aired even though the dub came out first.

It was great to watch.

>I think it's falsely advertised as comedy
Honestly, at some point I wondered "is this series really what Adult Swim or whoever pumped money into this expected it to be?"

>Yeah, but S1 only has one episode and the rest are boring shit
Well, this is your opinion, but I don't share it.

There isn't a single anime series from this decade as inventive and unique as Dandy. Might not have always worked but it's certainly not a failure.

Is there a word for old woman young woman relationships? It's pretty hot.

>This show got barely any hate when it aired even though the dub came out first.
Memory of a goldfish. It was shitposted to hell and back because Sup Forums was desperately afraid it would attract "crossboarders," "manimefags," "normalfags," etc. Nobody even wanted to talk about the quality of the show, it was just autistic lunacy. One of the most pathetic states I've ever seen the board in, really drove home how different the place is nowadays than it was in 08 and earlier.

>some mistake
His entire post is filled with nothing but mistakes.

Age gap yuri?

I appreciate it a lot more in retrospect, but a good deal of the episodes were misfires. Sometimes good moments were hiding bad stories, like the surfing bit.

I don't know why people are bitching about the threads, they were actually pretty slow at the time because it was straight up shunned here after the first episode.

>Sometimes good moments were hiding bad stories, like the surfing bit
That is so true. Some time after it aired, I thought "hey, wasn't that episode pretty good?" only to remember that anything before that surfing bit was bad.

I blame fans of Space Dandy bringing it up far too often and not actually having any worthwhile discussion about it.

It was a fine show and I liked it, but just making another "what did Sup Forums think about it?", "why did Sup Forums hate it again?", "what went right about it?" and other such similar topic-titles over and over again is starting to be really just annoying.

Reading this thread makes me furious.

It was better than ZnT

How do you live with such bad taste?

>it's creative
I mean, that's nice and all, but it's a neutral trait, not an inherent positive. That creativity got them a bunch of good-looking nothing.

And most of the time they fell flat on their face.

Because it appealed to Westerners and normalfags and brought Sup Forumsmblr to Sup Forums and the last thing Sup Forums needs is a commercial product with broad appeal. I mean, my god, think of the damage it could do to our sekrit klub if NORMIES started liking anime?

Because it was popular and the dub aired at the same time the sub did, and Sup Forums hates both of those things. Personally, I don't understand it. The dub was really good, and who gives a fuck if you like something that's mainstream?

>stubborn way of thinking
Aren't you a little too nice to yourself?

I'm pretty sure Sup Forums voted it the anime of the year on its initial release.

Butthurt contrarians have since shit all over it because it was on Toonami. Go figure, right?

Because Sup Forums is retarded.

>and who gives a fuck if you like something that's mainstream?
Sup Forums

Teenagers who've been rejected IRL so they try and find a home on an anime imageboard.

I want a third season for loli
Dead planet was too good.

Moeshit lover here, I thought space dandy was great.

No you didn't.

I liked it though.

Yes I did!

>normies

Almost took the bait seriously.

Normalfags have no self-control

See the really bad Naruto cosplayers or SAO before the e-celeb community got the normalfags to unite in hatred for the show with Sup Forums.