ITT series where the dub is more popular even though sub is better than dub

ITT series where the dub is more popular even though sub is better than dub

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bI27oG5HzyQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

All of them?

>even though sub is better than dub

Blame it on nostalgia. People will still choose the 90s dub even when Freeza sound like an 80 year old who had her first cigarette in the womb.

Op here, I disagree actually. In the case with the Dragon Ball series I think all of the original series are better in sub. But everything from Kai onwards in better in the dub. Due to the Japanese cast being fairly old by now and a lot of them are not as good as they used to be. Also the English VA's aren't complete fucking amateurs now.

Yeah. Vegeta in the Japanese Kai almost sounds like a different person to how he sounded in the original.

Pokemon and Bobobo.

>implying "rock the dragon" was a good opening

>Sub maintains Goku's child voice over multiple timeskips because of "tradition" or something
>Superior

Gokus voice in the sub was beyond horrendous and you complain about Frieza's

Terrible decision. And because of this eos Luffy's still going to have the same voice casted for 17yo Luffy.

But the Fandub is even better than the official dub.

youtube.com/watch?v=bI27oG5HzyQ

So? Luffy is supposed to be 19 and he's still voiced by a Granny.

t. the only part of dragon ball I've watched subbed is super

I'm referring to the eos fastfoward scene where it's in the future and he'll look like Roger. He's still going to be voiced by Tanaka, I'll bet you anything.

who /onlyseendbzdubbed/ here?

watched the orignal dub today and wow its way worse than i remember

is kai better

>MasakoX
>Good
Everything this kid voices is trash. At least he's practiced enough to make Goku bearable, but everything else is samey garbage.

I wonder whose arm he had to twist to get Roshi's voice before they got enough complaints to give it to someone actually talented.

I think db/dbz is the only anime I have only watched dub.

also Naruto and Bleach, plus stuff like pokemon, yugioh etc. but that's it

cowboy bebop

Better but the axed Gohan's VA.

Does ghost stories count?

>pokemon, yugioh
I totally forgot about those.
Well pokemon is a mix of some eng, dutch and jap episode.

Better than Vegeta3986. He had maybe 6 or 7 roles (Yamcha, Kami, Oolong) which all sounded like trash. Literally every one of his voices has been replaced by now.