Eva

Where did the angels come from?

My ass.

spehss

The moon

The angels don't matter. The whole setting is really just there to put kids in a position where the world rests on their shoulders. It's more of a psychological anime than a mecha
>it's a deconstruction of the mecha genre
*tips fedora*

California.

They're an okay baseball team.

spehss?

Not
>where did the angles come from

No cigar

Weren't they supposed to be an incarnation of the ancestral race?

The outfield.

Space turtle egg
You may think this is just shit posting like the other replies you got so far, but it's the canon explanation.

we just dont know

Antarctica, Adam shat them out when he exploded.

Nope, they are just beings made to populate a planet, just like the rest of the living things, it's just that Adam likes his beings big, powerful and in small numbers, while lilith is like a plague and likes to shit out several weak species.
The space turtles don't look like us or the angels. They just wanted to ensure life would happen after their species went dead

But we do know

well i fucking dont

Tell me more

FAR is dying and know they are the only living thing in the universe
To prevent total death of life they shit out across the universe huge ass eggs
For some stupid reason earth got two eggs
The first that landed here was Adam, and he populated the planet with a few big powerful beings that are the angels, then came lilith and crashed into earth, destroying our second moon in the process and burrying all the angels underground with its impact
Lilith starts working and covers the planet with several small beings
Each egg comes with a lance of longinus and a dead sea scroll, the scroll is like a manual to the " god" you got in the egg and the lance is there to turn it off in case you ever need to, it's why we have two lances, also the geofront is one of the eggs it's why the gigantic cave was already there and nerv just moved in

hmm didnt realise this
kind of stupid honestly

Don't worry, it's almost never touched in the show, all of this info comes from extra sources like the canon bits of the non cannon games that are canon because anno said so

good
other than the original series and EoE is there anything i should bother with

Also yui's plan only makes sense if you know all that.
She knew about the whole thing, or at least a big part of it, and knew that no matter how great as a race we become we will never get to the level of space turtles and even them got forget with time. So she becomes the final "humanity was a thing you know!" by turning into a gigantic statue of a God that floats around the universe.

Why, the laughter of children of course!

Nope
Knowing why everything exists or took place is nice and all, but you are better reading an extended guide or a wiki to learn these things than playing the games because they get pretty stupid on the non canon parts

From the series proposal, they're Atlantean mecha left behind to activate and discourage new civilizations from rediscovering Evangelion technology after the first one, Adam, destroyed Earth's first civilization and was sealed. From the episode drafts, they were keeping the door open for that concept as late as working on 20.

>people respopdimg to nge poster
Hello, nu/a/

And anno also said he didn't had anything set in stone or even written on a postit note till he started drawing the story boards of each episode
The development of eva was a fucking mess

Evangelion is a clusterfuck of stupidity.
You are not meant to take its story seriously.
The only good thing it brought to this world is its doujins,etc.

kek

Never thought I would, but I miss the never-ending Eva threads that came after 3.0 premiered.

I sure don't. They were filled with significantly more trash than anything else.

True, but I will never forget the reaction to the spoilers from the movie.

>14 years? Fake as fuck

It's a question mark dumbass

>nopan
L-lewd

Any more?
Ramiel-chan best girl

this must be baito

Ask Snoop Dogg.

Op you have put more collective thought into this matter then anno has

I like this name... FARt

It's either outer space or heaven. Like I feel like the series didn't know whether they wanted to be sci fi or religious fantasy.

>It's either outer space or heaven.

Nope, it's all the same place. Anno's ass.

>AAHanon never came back
IT STILL HURTS

No, its awful

Is "space turtles" a canon name for their species?

the one in the picture came from space

they just kinda show up

Adam and Lillith are beigns tasked with populating the cosmos with life. Adam creates beings of immense strength, Lillith creates beings of immense knowledge. We are of the former. Generally the two are meant to stay separate but for some reason lillith landed on Earth after an Adam had taken it already. The two have Longinus lances to shut them down in this case but Lillith's was destroyed so Adam's activated instead.

It's unclear when eactly Adam 'birthed' the angels, if he placed them before Lillith landed or if they were made during second impact but either way, the angels are soldiers of Adam, seemingly seeking Lillith to destroy her and allow Adam to reawaken once again.

Superb taste in movies, my friend.

Humans are Lilith based. So we're the latter

Ayy lmao's jizzed into space to try to get their spunk to land on planets and start life

Owtaa spehss

I pity Angels for this very reason. They are like children who want their daddy/mommy back, which was taken from them by stupid Lilith who couln't fly her fucking moon ship right. Women driving, am I right guyzzz? :DD:DD

i hope not

Aw, don't worry. They're each one-of-a-kind, immortal, self-contained nations without concept of culture or any need of a planet to begin with.

Baka! Angels may be stupid an uncultured but at least they are at ease with their surroundings (not like humans who fuck everything up). They are huge but peacefullu giants who either like to swim around (Sachiel, Garghiel), sit in warm ponds (Sandalphon), shit like there is no tomorrow (Matarel / Sahaquiel), discuss important topics (Leliel / Armisael), be pretty (Ramiel) or just plain blow mountains up for shits & giggles (Zeruel).
Angels are my waifu!

>people saying theres no explanation at all when theres a perfectly valid one.

Wew

ok. Adam shit them out, but the question is WHEN did he do it? Was it in the short time before Lilith parked her black-moon-car in his planet, or did he do it when Katusragi-Dad took the Longinus out of his back and jumped into his brain? Or where they all Embryo-kuns like Sandalpholin (and Adam himself at multiple points)?

>okay

The old Evangelion game for the N64 has lots of lore if you read the terminals and everything is supposedly canon. It explains the origins of the Angels and some other stuff.

I never played the game myself but we discussed this very same thing on Sup Forums back in 2005 and this is what I remember.

How Adam generated its offspring is completely unknown. Explanations can be as disparate as "pieces of Adam blown off at Second Impact grew into the various Angels" to "Adam laid the Angels' eggs billions of years ago, but didn't give them souls until the day of Second Impact, when they were scattered by the explosion". The proposed theories have varied pros and cons.

Whether the Angels existed in some form prior to September 11, 2001, or only came into being on that very day, it doesn't seem to be any coincidence that Adam opened its Doors of Guf on Second Impact (implying the release of souls), and its children began to "appear" fifteen years later.

Hitler

Discworld anime when?
;_;

Thats unknown. However, op asked where angels came from, and the answer to that is from the two seeds that the FAR left behind.

Reminder the manga is the best way to enjoy Evangelion, even Shinji isn't 100% pussy in it.

That might be the angle the movies are taking. They've never linked the Angels to the Adams and Kaworu talks about this all happening before

Also
>First draft of episode 24 mentions a bite-sized Eva called 000 Alpha
>Part of Seele's master plan
>Eats Kaworu and Rei
>Shinji cuts them out
>Never brought up again
What the fuck was that about?

Adam should have just packed up and moved to Mars when Lilith showed up

Reminder that hat makesh im a pussy

Why would I want a version of Shinji that isn't a complete pussy when I'm supposed to self-insert as him and am a complete pussy?

>Eva turns out to be sequel of Nadia

I'm okay with this.

>Angels live, they never die
>Apart from us, behind the sky

from
>behind the sky

Like humans came from liliths egg the angels came from Adam's. They start out in a larva form like in the volcano before growing to the final form

i'm not

It was originally going to be according to an old interview in Schizo/Parano:

>Sadamoto: In the end [the usage of the Dead Sea Scrolls and so on in Eva] is an aftereffect from Nadia. In the final episode there is a scene where Gargoyle, the villain, comes into contact with the light [from the Blue Water] and turns into a pillar of salt. So, in the initial proposal for Eva, the huge explosion that was caused in Antarctica [in the final series] was [instead] an explosion at the Dead Sea.

>Tsurumaki: The “Dead Sea Evaporation Incident.”

>Sadamoto: It was the “Dead Sea Evaporation Incident,” in the initial proposal. So it was connecting up with the world view of Nadia. I believe that Anno-san was thinking about that.

>Sato: [Eva taking place] in a parallel [world].

>Takekuma: [Eva would have been] something like a continuation of Nadia, in actuality.

>Tsurumaki: Perhaps, at one point, that was the intention. I wonder if [Anno] made [things] intending a world where, for example, there would be accounts preserved of the appearance of UFOs in Paris at the end of the 19th century.

>Sadamoto: I believe that [Anno] was thinking of something like that at the beginning. I think [it was going to be] a bit more of a manga-esque world.

>[Editor’s Note on Gargoyle:] The leader of an organization appearing in Nadia, Neo-Atlantis, which aims to rule the world. Director Anno said at the time that [this character is where] his personality comes out the most. [Gargoyle’s] voice actor, Motomu Kiyokawa, who played a number of villains in tokusatsu works, is much admired by the director.

>He takes after his great-great-grandmother.

>yfw Asuka is a descendant of Grandis and Mari is Marie and Sanson's great x granddaughter

What does Sup Forums think of the Eva manga? I finished it the other day, and I have the feeling the ending was rushed: Shinji basically decides to end the Instrumentality immediately after activating it, instead of fully experiencing it first, as it happened in the anime

I felt like the ending was a cop-out, like all the changes were building up to a different ending and then he just decided to roll with The End of Evangelion anyway.

>angel
more like angle

>Marie and Sanson's great x granddaughter
>best girl and best boy produced worst girl

from command center on the moon, everything is fabricated lie to speed up human evolution before the REAL angel is coming to earth

>Shinji isn't 100% pussy in it
Then it isn't Evangelion but someone's fan fiction. True EVA is Anno's cumspunk tv series and movies.

>September 11, 2001

Angel Rays can't melt steel beams!

I just finished the first episode. This series seems pretty good, not sure why Sup Forums goes crazy over it though.

>Angels live, they never die
Since when is Rammstein canon? Also English version a shit, German version best version

>REAL angel is coming to earth
And who could that be?

Ah, to be new again!

read the first 3 volumes, liking it so far, but I'm broke and I like reading physical manga, so it's gonna be some time before I continue it.

I'd like to see the homodinasonics from Nadia worked into the lore somehow. Like they created the first Eva and used it to adapt themselves to changing environments and ended up Impacting themselves right out of existence.

help me understand the end of the series
do they start to live in their own reality, is it shared?
Why did it happen after they defeated the last angel?

Watch it again, but actually pay attention this time. Also watch EoE.

Shinji goes full "fuck you all" and demands that humanity shares his pain aka Sea of LCL.

After he realises that people can move past their pain inside to show kindness to others and that they have the right to experience both. People can regain their individual forms or stay as part of LCL.

Not sure why after all angels are dead. Maybe because they would use LCL sea to destroy humanity and ensure their own survival. Humanity had to destroy them all to ensure Instrumentality worked "peacefully"

This is the Rebuild OTP and there's nothing you can do about it.

Asuka belongs to Kaworu

Kaworu doesn't like girls

Yes he does, he even likes best girl Shinji

>girl Shinji

Yes?

>Perfect Aim
WHAT

Why do people even like Asuka? She was shit the entire show and acted mean for no reason than "lel I'm insecure :^)" like that makes up for being a total dick. Rei has only been useful, nice, and cute.

In that game you set the traps and spring them on people and that one was hit off at just the right time I guess