BLAME! movie

PV
youtube.com/watch?v=JHplmh_R3zU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MDA1bUkotIk
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jesus fuck, even in the trailer the CG doesn't flow well. It's going to look choppy as fuck.
Isn't CG used to get more movement for lower price? How come it always looks like some 5 fps shit.

Framerate is slowed intentionally to better match anime or something.

It actually looks so sick, I'm really hyped for it.

Looks amazing, i'm really hyped for this.

Do we know if they'll adapt the entire series in 1 movie or maybe 2-3?

This looks awesome. I'm going to leave now before Sup Forums shits up the thread with framerate shitposting.

Original story but Nihei is in charge. I'm worried about how the enemy designs turn out. The Silly Cone in the Sidonia clip didn't look Nihei at all.

Is this going to cover the manga or be a new story? I don't recognize this girl.

>Original story

she's a redesign i dont have the comparison shot from comic con otherwise i'd post it. Nihei is completely redoing the story for the anime

Looks gorgeous but original story puts me off.

Then they slow it down too damn much. Even stop motion looks more fluid than this.

>DUDE LET'S TAKE A MANGA WITH UNIQUE, DETAILED ARTWORK AND MAKE A BLAND CGI FUCKFEST ANIME ADAPTATION LMAO

Not like the story was coherent in any way in the manga anyways

Berserk?

C'mon, nobody read Blame for the story. It was all about the action and the architecture.

Fuck off back to your containment threads.

Looks like original story. I mean, they have been walking for an absurdly long time, so if it's Nisei approved, it really makes no difference since it could have been any point of their journey.

Original plot but there's the Fishermen so it might be an edited TOHA arc.

some shots from the panel

>BLAME! movie
I don't think blame would work as a movie. I guess there's some possibility of it being good since it's an original story.

Damn Satan, that's a Nihei-worthy backdrop.

Hot damn it looks great, shame it's pretty choppy though. Hopefully it turns out smoother later on.

>Original story
As long as Nihei stays in charge I really don't give much of a crap, if it uses the original story then the movie might as well be a four-hour cinematic background shots. Heck, this might be a good thing.

Is there a video of the panel up?

Holy shit. Even my gt 260 can get frame rate than this.

Why is that stag beetle wearing a ballcap?

Oh god, she's adorable. She's not going to end up as a temporary love interest, is she?

>BRAM!

nice dual dubs

anyway i hope the go for the jugular with a proper adaptation of heavy toha industries arc
actually the best arc

>killy
>love interest
Pick one.

which is fucking stupid
the reason 2D cartoons are 24fps, is because making them in 60fps would be too much work
that doesnt apply to 3D, making it look worse on purpose is retarded

Nihei also did some sketches during the autograph line.

Original story.

Temporary, as in, disposable one-sided crush before she dies a gruesome death. Although, while I do believe Killy having any sort of romantic interaction is just impossible, I am somewhat partial to Killy/P-Cell 2.0.

CG is used because it is arguably easier to obtain high-motion details with lower effort on the part of the animators.
The dust moving at Killy's foot is a prime example.

It's essentially a conscious effort on the part of the animators who don't like doing "talking heads", but at the same time don't have the manpower or budget to do Mamoru Hosoda-style running scenes all the time.

Because animation software was designed by intelligent people, you can interpolate between frames using motion curves to create more fluid movement. This comes at a cost to rendering time. Rendering at 24FPS costs twice as much as rendering at 12FPS, and so on and so forth.

If Polygon Pictures did not have enough money to rent a rendering farm for a long enough time to render at 24FPS, I wouldn't really blame them. They have stylistic concerns (this is probably where most of the work goes) to worry about, which means that they can only render once all of that is done.

Sup Forums bitches all the time about shit like "This CG looks ugly as fuck" so you can imagine why Polygon decided to prioritize style over frames.

Is Nihei working on something new? I miss reading his works

No I didn't take any sorry.
It was mostly about how Knights of Sidonia allowed Blame to happen and how Nihei wasn't happy with the original Blame so he's redoing a lot of it for the anime.

he mentioned a new project is already in the works.

>wasn't happy with the original Blame
Any specifics?

Oh nice, God bless him in his new project, the guy deserves all the success in the world.

I'm not going to lie, but I kinda want to see him do a magic harem battle high school because I know it's going to end up all kinda of crazy with the love interests.

character designs, some story elements. not much in the way of specifics.

>BLAME! adaptation
>it's CGI

The models and lightning may be good but if it all moves as choppy as this it's no use
I'm done
I'm fucking done

Now post it in motion, faggot

welp into the trash it goes

to tell you the truth the best part of the toha havy industries is the warped reality
but now its becoming p common now a day with so many LN writters doing the same(Re:zero, endless 8,toaru NT09)

>character designs, some story elements

Ah, well that isn't surprising. Those are the two areas he's improved most on. It ended in a sudden way, but it also began that way so I had never seen a problem with it.

>detailed design
>smooth motion
pick one

This is how it works for traditional animation, too.

That happened already.
Read Blame Gakuen.

>BURAMU
What the fuck, aren't they supposed to read it as "bureimu"?

I wonder if we'll see any of the silicon crew.

It's always been pronounced 'blam', like the sound a gun makes. Specifically the GBE.

I'm torn between wanting to feel happy that Nihei is starting to see the commercial success he deserves, and wanting to feel angry because it's changing his style into something I don't like.

If it weren't for the Sidonia anime, the last four volumes of the manga wouldn't have been such a mess. Here's hoping his new project goes much better.

He has mentioned before that he couldn't into speed back then so everything looked slower than it should and stuff like that.

The character design thing is obvious, his art was great for backgrounds but characters didn't look that good.

That's just slapstick comedy. I meant if he took it seriously.

he mentioned he ended sidnonia to start on Blame, so theres that

The wrong one is the BLAME! part, actually. It should have been just BLAM!, the sound of a fired gun and I've no idea what the "E" has been doing there.

>magic harem battle high school
>serious

>Buraamu!

I always knew it, but I never really believed it was true

what the fuck

would you look at this

japan gets two blame master set manga a month and we get one every three months america fucking everything up again

I bet every american copy is going to be a different height with different spine color/art bc might as well fuck everything else up too right?

in my rage, forgot pic

I hope we get some figures from the movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=MDA1bUkotIk

Looks A LOT better than the easter egg in Sidonia

By the way, is this funded by Netflix too?

I'm having a hard time getting hyped by this after seeing that shitty choppy CG animation and those moe redesigns.

>dat particle effect

Muh dick Polygon.

I love seeing new CG projects from them because they always improve little by little adding stuff. Without studios like Polygon that improve thanks to experience or new methods we'd be stuck with shitty CG forever.

I can't wait to see what CG anime looks like in 5 years

If you're interested in Nihei's old style, check out Dorohedoro. It has a similar ultra-detailed "punk" aesthetic to Blame!

>tfw Sup Forums will have daily nihei threads again

where can i find more?

you can tell from the character designs that this will be blame but with knights of sidonia themes / storyline interspersed with SoL moments. my body is ready.

The moeblob is kinda worrying. A nice part of BLAME was that beyond Killy (and Cibo to a point) anyone could die at any moment. I just hope her inevitable plotarmor doesn't fuck the original theme over too much.
Also Killy already talked too much in the trailer.

>I wouldn't really blame them
And thing is, thes framerate fucks he entire trailer over as is.

Abara movie when?

Yeah, no.
The two are nothing alike except a vague "the design looks sketcky".

Next time maybe you won't be a filthy burger.

>CGI animation

Way better than Berserk at least.

I think it's the majority's feeling so far.
Best thing to do is to not get hopes up too much and maybe end up pleasantly surprised by the final product.
But still hoping that it succeeds so that Nihei can have more artistic freedom in the future.

With an image search, faggot.

>master set
More like fucked everything up with unnecessary redraws set.

Where I'm supposed to see the "choppy" animations?

>tfw I imported them before the English release got announced

A vocal minority. Why would anyone feel the need to post about how the animation is absolutely fine and that they have no issues with it?

Except in response to posts like this, of course.

So can anyone give an explanation on how there were two cibo's? Was the other one just from a different universe or something while the other waited 10 years for killy to return and died anyways?

I-is this placed after the manga?
There are humans and killy consider himself a human.
What will nihei bring us?

When they get teleported to the warped space with the haywire gravity furnace Killy runs into another Cibo who's never met him before who is fighting cyborgs. Then they track down and run into the original Cibo who has been waiting for Killy to show up for 10 years.

When they escape back to the original dimension the second Cibo dies on the way there and then the original Cibo becomes damaged enough that Sanakan starts to take back over. Before that happens she transfers herself into the second Cibo's corpse.

Simple, right?

It's placed after the Moe Converter goes off which is why that young girl has typical big anime eyes

I normally don't talk about CG, but artificially making animations jerky does not look good to me.

The point of good animation is to make you forget that you're seeing an image sequence, and not real motion.

Why is the Fisherman's kid a girl now?
No traps allowed?

Thanks for the info senpai I'm even more confused now

So they can have a waifubait character that they can make merchandise out of. Same reason why Mari exists in the Evangelion Rebuild films

Polygon really handled Ajin well so I think they'd definitely be able to handle an adaptation of it.

Biomega when

>12 fps again
FOR FUCK'S SAKE, JAPAN!

most 2d cartoons aren't even 24fps. 2s Mainly

I choose both

Well I mean, the movie will come out in 2023 for that level of quality.

>seven hand drawn years

>Polygon really handled Ajin well
is this bait

>have the farm render at 24 fps
>adds 6 years to production time
you're dumb