What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Everybody learned that throwing a fuckton of money and collabo talent at something doesn't automatically make it good.

But that fuckton of money made the music and the animation good.

The main writer. Also "We're gonna be the next GiTS!"

Who cares if the story, characters and pretty much everything else is shit?

Weren't they trying to be the new Eva too?

Explain why you thought it was bad. I'm curious.

The plot is completely bonkers on its head ridiculous and the main character is really really bad

The shitty MC killed it for me. That trope is so old now.

That's also why I was so hyped for Aldnoah Zero & Zankyou no Terror. Competent MCs.

Not enough Hitler

Blond bitch lived

He was awful to deal with initally but he got better when he went full-tyrant, didn't he?

Blonde bitch probably angered me the most out of any other character.

You're right, I think he was a little better. It's been awhile since I've seen it so my memory of it was pretty poor.

I seem to recall just losing interest towards the end. Not sure why though...

He was even more insufferable during the Shùrer eps

It was a veritable rollercoaster for me. Shu's cringe in the beginning nearly made me stop, despite the fact that I consider it an obligatory watch. His whole inferiority thing with Gai was fucking awful and getting cucked by him with Inori was an absolute nightmare.

Then he did the typical "I can't be nice anymore" shift and started being confident.

Finally experiencing all of that makes this image twice as funny.

I honestly don't know how anyone could watch guilty crown without Sup Forums. I know I didn't, I dropped that shit every week.

Unfortunately I don't have the "dropped every week" chart. Missing out on shitstorms with Sup Forums is always depressing to think about. Re Zero is about the only thing assaulting the board right now.

I gotcha

Thanks kouhai

Brain Powerd should have taught everyone that.

Everything that made it whole was still shit

except

EVERYSING ZAT MAKES ME HOLE

Brain Powerd is a masterpiece.

More like master piece-of-shit.

I really wanted to like it, but I barely managed to finish watching the series.

Nothing. Sold great, Egoist became a thing and WIT became its own studio separate from IG. Success all around.

It looks like it might be a horrible ordeal to undergo.

Picked up.

It's a series that rewards the viewer the more you're willing to peel away at its various layers. It's a challenge to get through because it demands your undivided attention and reflection after each episode along with at least a second viewing for everything to become cohesive in your mind.

The show is so focused on building a layered world to emphasize its themes that it sacrifices "enjoyability" in the traditional sense. Which is to say it's not a show that someone ought to be watching for the sake of just enjoying themselves like they may with Fullmetal Alchemist or Non Non Biyori. It sounds horrendously pretentious but it's an experience over just a regular piece of entertainment. It's not for everyone by any stretch of the imagination but for those really willing to dig deep, it's an absolute masterpiece.

It wasn't as bad as Sup Forums makes it out to be.

Shoe...

Yes it was

Prove it then, faget

The plot is a complete clusterfuck, what's there to prove?

RIP in peace, Eagleman.

The man was a true hero.

holy shit I forgot about this one

Ah yes, three straight cours of Yuuki Kaji and Ai Kayano being terrible romantic leads. And HanaKana getting NTRed.

Inori is a goddess