What is the future of anime?

What is the future of anime?

>kadokawa-niconico dominates the industry
>Production company realizes it is too costly to air shit on television
>Start make weebs force watch on niocnico payment stream
>They get extra lazy and only sell goods on amazon.jp

I think I'm witnessing Japan making their own anime Holywood

The internet probably.

Traditional media is dying in the West, I assume it must be at least losing some of it's grip in Japan too. It might not, though, I don't really know.

>Production company realizes it is too costly to air shit on television
but they're getting paid for airing their shit on television.

Karen

Steel Ball Run animated
WITHOUT CG HORSES

Terrible

3D ecchi

This is the future you chose.

the hottest new shit is puppetry, but we will go beyond puppets

real people will be our anime in the future

Shit.
But i'm getting too old for anime anyways so, i don't care.

How old are you?

Memesubs

>Production outsourced to China
>Chinese start making anime
>Anime dies in Japan.

Maybe the nips will make VR eroge's.

despera at some point

Basically anime will die in Japan like how cartoons died in America.

Death

I don't know and I don't care.
It's been a while since I stopped adding new shows to my backlog, once I finish it I will just drop anime and invest my time in another hobby, like programming or books.

It will just keep going like now rehashing itself constantly and with idolshit on top until japanese demographics fall so much that it stops being profitable

I wonder what people 400 years in the future will think of anime
They will probably think it was shit and degenerate

3DCG, rotoscopes, and Isekai.

>25
>too old
is this a new meemee?

>people 400 years in the future
They will be either dead or living in post-apocalyptic world.

we're already living in a mad max-like post-apocalyptic world

twunny wun

95% of the main characters are a bunch of edgy teenagers so...No actually.

Oh you little scamp.

I'd say 75% of the people who browse Sup Forums regularly are between like 15 and 20 so yeah.

No, you don't.
You you are posting on the internet at this very moment.

Somewhere very dark.

25-30 is when people drop out of anime.
If you make it to 30 then you are likely never leaving.

Yeah but, unless you dedicate more than five hours a day to chineese cartoons, there are plenty to watch for many years to come, and that assuming that you don't read manga, so I don't really see how you came into that conclusion

Jesus will be back soon, so not much

Come to think of it, I sarted here when I was 16, wonder where people shitpost according to their age
Couldn't you say that about many non-common hobbies?

We don't know the time or place, user.

>25 is considered old
Am I posting with literal children?

2.5 more years is it then?
Don't worry guys. I will never be leaving you.

No because "japanese otaku writing" is actually very limited in scope and shallow in execution and so people grow out of it easier.
Now people bring back the 99% law but with anything else like movies or books or music you can go way deeper since they are produced everywhere and have existed for longer, and way more interesting people has had their hands in their production, while this is mostly a bunch of perverted asians. You can even make your own.

In my case, I just don't like western movies and TV. Apart from maybe 3 shows it doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm 23 now but I don't see myself losing interest completely because then I wouldn't have anything enjoyable to watch in my downtime.

Pretty much user

Oh how cute user just discovered that he is almost always posting/interacting here with people from the next generation

Welcome to my world.

There are 28 unique IPs in this thread, probably more than half of them are underage

Everyone here is a little girl.

VR light novels

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 30. But if I had to guess, I would say that the average Sup Forums poster these days is in their late teens or early 20s (probably early teens on Sup Forums and Sup Forums). It probably does go up a bit higher on certain boards though.

VR Eroges using live 2D

Well, as I said, unless you are a full-time consumer of this specific media, there's plenty of shows to watch and some more, although not many, will keep coming, se I find iit hard that someone that has come as far as to watch anime at such age because it still is pretty much a guilty pleasure nowadays then I'd guess normally you wouldn't abandon it, and in the case that someone watches as much as to reach a limit in wich what's left it's only "otaku pandering shit" that person migh as well be an otaku himself and end up watching it anyways, or at least I think so
For instance, I only came to watch LoveLive! a week ago, shit was dope
VR is the future
>VR remasterization of almost everything
>VR action shows
>VR CGDCT
I can see it
I'd guess so, wonder where the older posters are, I'd put my bet on /his/

>VR everything
I can actually see this happening, although VR still has to figure out how to do proper storytelling.

>LoveLive!

Exactly, most people leave before having to stoop so low

VR would be videogames and not anime, anime would still die

/m/ Maybe?

This
The problem is that people tend to think that the average poster of any given board is always around the same age as them.
But it's easy to see on those threads "hey Sup Forums old are you xD" that average age in here hovers around 18~22.

Theatrical anime IE Kizu. Force sweaty otaku to go out and be around each other so they stop that shit and become productive.

You can do 360 3D anime if you use CGI though.

Why would you do that, thats not profitable. When you go that far its extremely easy to add interactivity and gameplay which would only boost sales

-RWBY style replace 2D anime.
-Jojo replace dragon ball
-Hollywood make live actions of animes based in LNs
-Crunchyroll add english dub or dual audio

If experience has taught me something, it's that they can always improve by shitting up first
See: Digital animation
Actually it went like this:
>Watch WuG because curious about Idol shit
>Holy shit this sucks ass
>Brwose some threads about it
>End up watching LoveLive
>Actually liked it
Won't say I regret it

>wonder where the older posters are

My guess would be any place that is centered around any sort of costly interest or any place that attracts a lot of collectors.

So going by that logic, /k/, /trv/, /vr/, /tg/, maybe /m/. Now this isn't completely accurate of course, especially /vr/ which obviously gets some younger posters that are just playing on emulators, but I still think that it's a decent guess.

>I'd guess so, wonder where the older posters are
/jp/

>-RWBY style replace 2D anime.
user I want to sleep tonight, don't do this to me
Good logic I guess, I was assuming that it would rather be things that required a huge amount of previous time invested, so Sup Forums, /m/, /his/ /sci/ or so
Never been on /k/, are all posters 'Murricans?
Do they hate Obama?
Do they count?

Anime die because japan birthrate, in shirobako they had few animators jump ship and had problems finding animators.

Studios are probably pissed off. Advertisers are pissed off. The merchandisers are pissed off. Those who bought licenses are pissed off.

>/jp/
Yeah, they aren't very old over there I'm afraid.

I actually already find anime boring but cant leave because there is nothing else.
Its truly awful.

future of anime?... 3d waifu's

also.. ugh.. a real sword art online vr game,
coming out in..2032

.millions die, nobody cares the game is never fixed

>are all posters 'Murricans?
Mostly, yeah.

>Do they hate Obama?
We're encouraged to keep politics out of /k/, but they do pop up from time to time. But going from what I've read, yeah, most of them hate him and liberals in general.

>What is the future of ?

t. young posters

>there is nothing else
You don't like books/vidya/movies/etc.?

It will be either full of idol shows or dead for good.

At least manga isn't as shit as anime... yet.
You can also read books if you don't have ADHD.

I wish I was young again, anime got boring after 20 years of nonstop watching
Its not the same, you should know it
I had a book phase, adhd has nothing to do with it, it is also not the same

3DCG ads released on social media.

Just went there and there's actually a sticky there, ha
Well I was wondering since, you know, if strong gun control becomes a thing, i guess their hobby will be a mess
I didn't get you user
I was thinking of this and adaptations, but like said, isn't the business at risk at the moment? Nips don't seem to be too interested on procreating, and I don't think that taking foreigners is among their options, kinda makes me worried since I don't want my chinese cartoons and my favorite gooks to dissapear
You know, some book readers develop some king of autism themself, I for instance can't manage to finish a novel most of the time

I can see myself getting bored of anything if I were to do it non-stop for 20 years, thats why some people divorce guess, you should give it a pause and wait some time, it works for me

Ive been in pause mode for a long time. Well more like stand by, where I pick up 3-4 series per season and manage to finish 1 if Im lucky, all while being bored.

My hobby is now browsing Sup Forums pretty much

Don't you have manga to read or somethng? If not, shit son
Don't worry, Im only shitposting on this specific thread until I fall asleep

>Its not the same, you should know it
What do you mean by this?
Well, of course they're not the same. Are you saying they don't appeal to you?

AAAA is a lazy average high school student who appears chronically tired and disinterested in a manner which would normally suggest narcolepsy. Then, when starting the new school term, BY CHANCE he suddenly encounters BBBB (always female) who contrasts with his demeanor sharply enough for him to be visibly disturbed by it. His best friend CCCC shows up on the first class break to to shamelessly TELL the audience what kind of character AAAA-kun is because exposition is hard and the writer needed to fuck off work early. "AAAA-kun, you're so 12345. You could be 54321 if you only 22/7". He will then leave and you almost never see CCCC again unless additional bad plot delivery is needed. He usually will show up during the opening of the festival episode to inform the audience whatever the local love charm MacGuffin is.

Then, BY CHANCE AAAA encounters BBBB again and RELUCTANTLY becomes engrossed in her world. She introduces him to her own friends DDDD and EEEE, both of whom will fall in love with AAAA: DDDD usually immediately, while EEEE tends to be either dandere or tsundere (provided BBBB-chan isn't one already) and falls in love with him in a later episode.

AAAA performs his first task perfectly despite being totally new at this and announces his intention to stay with BBBB despite not wanting to. BBBB ambiguously hints that AAAA might be the key to completing her lifetime goal.

In episode 2 they introduce a backstory for AAAA-kun which doesn't fit with any of his behavior in episode 1 because they weren't sure they'd make it past the pilot episode. XXXX, his never-before-mentioned childhood companion with an obligatory crush on AAAA, will show up in a couple episodes and immediately come into conflict with BBBB-chan for the sake of cheap drama.

BBBB-chan wins after AAAA passes the standard tsundere gauntlet because anime writers have no idea what actual human courtship looks like.

GUNDAM CROSSOVERS

It's still gross. This isn't what shitposting is supposed to be

EEEE is best girl, faggot.

>EEEE
>not DDDD
Shit taste. 0/10

My neighboors are holding a party and I can't fall asleep even though it0s am here, bear me