You can only post ITT if you're animes are bit-perfect

You can only post ITT if you're animes are bit-perfect

Other urls found in this thread:

files.nyaa.se/HOW_DO_I_PLAYED_BACK.txt
wiki.mikejung.biz/MadVR_Image_Upscaling
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_scaling
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

well this looks like a wank, I'll bite; c'mon op explain what it is.

ITT: Autism

>saving shit on your desktop

For shame.

ITT: VLC fags too stupid to get a decent encode

In light of the Kawaii Codec Pack being abandoned, what is Sup Forums's chosen setup for watching anime? Is a guide available?

mpv.

mpc-hc, xysubfilter, ffdshow, reclock, madFlac, avisynth, madVR there are different guides for what setup you have

MPC-HC crashes for me regularly. It also fails to play some files. If you don't want to use that shitty build-in subs renderer, you'll either need to upscale the subs or upscale the video before it goes into the renderer. And much software for MPC isn't even free software.
VLC does non of this shit and doesn't have any of the artifact problems it had in the past anymore. Why do we use that piece of shit MPC again?

Allocate more RAM. Only file it has trouble with is MPEG4, Who even uses defaults

I used to do it, but exclusive mode is way too annoying in practice.

>1080i
>i
8/10 bait OP, woke me up.

This is your desktop, isn't it?

I just use potplayer. don't even feel a difference from using madvr

I go as far as to configure MadVR, but this is pure weaponize-grade autism, user.

check out imotu my guides he also has installers for both mp-hc and potplayer
useless
doesn't even have a recently played menu
or a way to reopen the last file
a lot of shit it doesn't have simply because the devs are too elitist.

You can disable exclusive mode in madVR though

I meant WASAPI exclusive. sorry for being unclear.

just use this: files.nyaa.se/HOW_DO_I_PLAYED_BACK.txt

whatever the nerds say here, following this will get you 99.9% the quality that the most dedicated Sup Forumsutists would get by installing and configuring 50 million different filters.

Or, just mpc-hc + xyvsfilter/xysubfilter + madvr and don't configure anything. You're still getting 99% of the quality that way.

>Video: EVR
HAAHAHAHAHAHAAH what a loser.

mpc-hc, XySubFilter and MadVR setup is pretty much standard.

Installation is straightforward if you read the install info and setting up mpc is two option to select in the output tab, MadVR for DirectShow and Xysub for Subtitle renderer.

You're now pretty much good for decent playback of your shitty animu.

But if you got autism, you can further tweak shit like MadVR and install different useless garbage, or just go straight to watching animu with notepad.

ReClock a shit, causes random crashes all the time. It's not worth the effort.

Maybe if you are using the wrong formats you can't support

ITT: Autism
Even madVR is autism, I tried it once, no difference from default mpc-hc install

Is xysubfilter stable? I used it when it first went public, but reverted to xyvsfilter because the former occasionally had issues with certain ASS scripts at the time.

Actually, is there any reason to use xysubfilter over xyvsfilter, other than speed? Speed isn't really an issue with the computer I use, so I haven't bothered.

>will get you 99.9% the quality that the most dedicated Sup Forumsutists would get
>MadVR processing filters
>That terrible fucking scaling
now look at this fuck

the biggest one is smooth motion. you'll see jitterring when animu is panning around, it eliminates that

Explain.

I don't even bother to do half that shit btw; madvr alone without configuring anything looks markedly better to me than any of the other output renderers.

it is. maybe the mpchc internal one too

Isn't the MPC-hc internal subtitle renderer broke as fuck for a lot of ASS scripts? Or has that changed recently?

How's my desktop?

The internal one is still shit

imouto.my/tutorials/madvr/

for me mad-vr caused that, with the default renderer there were no issues.

I use SVP now but don't tell Sup Forums cause they'll say mean things

Why do you faggots put so much effort into playing back anime that you're going to watch at fucking 2x speed or while shitposting on Sup Forums on a second screen just to fill your backlog?

I'm sure 90% of Sup Forums doesn't even sit still and dedicate 100% of their attention to the anime they watch, and don't pause it every 2 minutes to do something else.
How about you faggots fix that kind of problem before you do autism encode shenanigans?

ReClock just sync your video to your monitor refresh rate + the resampling. you don't actually need this if your PC can't cope up on Sup Forums standard.

Mostly you download some files who has shitty encode like on typical normalfag torrent site or the 60mb-tier

It's not. but it's better on libass if you compare the rendering of ass in the video since xySubFilter render the ass based on video.

>That terrible fucking scaling
Use Jinc

Change your refresh rate not the video we are going for bit perfect here you fucking casual
Filters are applied before upscaling they look like shit
Image Doubling is a massive waste of performance especially when you are running low end upscaling like super-xbr not even at max sharpness.
There is also far too much anti-ringing added jinc is literally the worst scaler, lancoz and spline are far better. Scale in light is also terrible. Error diffusion 2 is objectively worse than Error diffusion 1. Then at the end they put on super-res which is a sharpen filter when everything before hand is a blurry mess

>Subs pop up on screen
>Everything gets slightly brighter
>No idea why

Jinc is fucking terrible there are so many better options

That sounds really weird, can you take some screenshots?

Then give one better than Jinc3 or lanczos_sharp and post some comparison. pretentious retard

Can someone just tell me what to download for my mac laptop to replace vlc, I cant understand any of the stuff you guys are saying

wiki.mikejung.biz/MadVR_Image_Upscaling

I just use mplayer x

>constant updates to codecs and players
>literally an update every other day
>anime still looks the same as it did years ago
there is absolutely no reason to autistically min max unless you have a borderline bad computer or studios start producing anime in 2k

Holy shit you are fucking retarded my user friend. i said give me another scaling (scaling algorithm in general) better than jinc and lanczos and your post basically say lanczos and jinc do better.

OS X desktops always trigger me. I hate how it handles files and folders.

Just like another *nix? (except on the app thing)

Jinc is shit

I just mean the entire notion of being able to have a file on top of another file like that. It triggers me beyond belief and every time I've had to use somebody else's mac they've always had a disgustingly messy desktop because it lets them get away with it.

You both don't anything about how these algorithms actually work, do you?

>a file on top of another file
what the fuck

I miss Perian so much ;_;

Look at the image in for yourself. You can have abstract representations of files physically obstruct abstract representations of other files. Good accessible UI design is supposed to use real life things as metaphors or analogies for what a computer is doing, not go out of their way to make a computer act like a real thing.

I use default CCCP and it just werks.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image_scaling
>self-explanatory
Just your typical user on Sup Forums.

>abstract representations of files physically obstruct abstract representations of other files.
sacrilege

This thread is for embarrassing displays of autism. Take your perfectly-good-enough shit and get out.

I know Jinc works badly