This is probably the worst Yu-Gi-Oh! I've watched so far...

This is probably the worst Yu-Gi-Oh! I've watched so far. I can't understand the reasoning behind the circlejerk about this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iN6kHVoYwFU
youtube.com/watch?v=jsnew3mvv0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The circlejerk is over. There are maybe only three people left who unironically like it.

Nothing trumps DM

MC is a fag

Nice b8

lemme guess, you like the 4kids dub too, right?

Not as big a fag as Judai.

Synchro really killed all the hype for the series.
I wonder if something happend, because the maiami championships were really good.
I admit that synchro had its moments, but all in all it wasn't that good.

only the first season is really good (1-50 Chap.), now is shit, absurd and bored...

Was it really worse than Zexal or GX season 1-2?

>mfw people actually said ArcV was better than Zexal

For about 50 episodes it was very good. The circlejerk started in full around episode 7 or so. At that point it was toyetic anime kino and the plot looked like it was going in a good way.

Then the Synchro arc happened.

Now the general thread is just up because it was going on for over a year on good faith but really the show itself completely went to shit

It was for a while

>not ironically liking the 4Kids dub
>not thinking it's so bad it's good

Dan Green and Eric Stuart are both amazing voice actors and I am excited to hear them again in the DSoD dub.

50 episodes of Synchro sure were worth it.

I wouldn't say that, but there was a definite dip in quality during synchro.
Standard build up a lot of hype for synchro arc, but it totally failed to deliver.

What made DM so memorable?

you Grew up watching the terrible dub so you condition yourself thinking it was good

It still is, faggot. Nothing is as bad as Zexal aside perhaps XYZ arc of Arc-V, which was 12 eps.

It's the only YGO series with a major het romance so Sup Forums will fellate it no matter how bad it actually is.

No. Synchro arc is perfectly watchable. The issue is that there's a dip from the first arc that the show only starts to come back from after the halfway point of synchro, and only really fully recovers for about 6 eps of the arc.

Yes. Despite the hateboner for Zexal, it's probably the most consistent of the spin-offs. And even the first two seasons of GX at least had character development and interactions between its cast.

GX's early seasons were fun. The Society of Light arc was tedious, but other than that it's enjoyable as fuck.

is it a boy or a girl cause i dont know

I maintain that Zexal, while completely awful a lot of the time, somehow had the absolute best tournament arc of any YGO series. Dueling on rollercoasters was the hypest shit.

Zexal isn't consistent at all.

40 eps of filler
Yuma being a retard until the duels are serious in which case he SUDDENLY stops being a retard to duel properly
The second arc wasting 15 eps on the villains being complete jobbers before the end of the series starts to come up and they need to go full genocide to show that shit's actually happening. Shark doing a 180 and changing sides in a couple scenes after being BARIANS REEEEE for 30 eps.

Nothing about Zexal is consistent

Zexal really wasn't that bad. The Numbers Club was shit and it had some retarded fillers, but there was a clear progression of character development, plot lines with proper build-up that reached proper conclusions, and a lot of pretty hype moments.

I finished watching the nip version a few months ago and I still liked it.
Best boy

>GX season 1-2
>bad
I feel like I'm the only person who liked how chill it was at the start. I wish the whole thing was just the lads fucking around in Duel Academia.

Zexal

It had a good story

I'm still mildly butthurt about how badly Shark was handled. Also his sister was pointless.

>40 eps of filler
The filler was sprinkled throughout in a way that made sense, though. It's not like it was frontloaded and kept going forever.

>Yuma being a retard until the duels are serious in which case he SUDDENLY stops being a retard to duel properly
This wasn't the case at all. He was retarded in the beginning, and he stopped being like that once he had more experience with Astral.

>Shark doing a 180 and changing sides in a couple scenes after being BARIANS REEEEE for 30 eps.
Shark's turn around could've been better, but he got back hundreds of years of memories. No one is going to stay the same after that.

The show was very consistent. You just didn't like it because you thought it was too "childish."

>Dueling on rollercoasters was the hypest shit.
No it fucking wasn't. It was Yuma being retarded for like 12 episodes

I liked how chill it was too. Comfiest YGO.

Zexal was complete fucking trash anytime Shark, Kaito, Vector, or the Arclights weren't on screen.

Yuma's whole "if I lose astral dies and the plot ends" bullshit took any suspense out of anything that happened regarding him. Shining Draw also killed any suspense the series could provide.

Worse than that, they made his departure from idiocy too abrupt. It was a charming character trait that made Yuma distinct, but as things got more real, he stopped having much of a personality whatsoever and was just relegated to delivering friendship speeches like some sort of walking PSA.

It had a nice start but then went to shit.
People clinging to the series won't drop it because they're too attached.

Yuma ceasing to be retarded was not at all abrupt. That was the whole main focus of the first 26 episodes.

Everyone harps on the fact that the plot wouldn't allow Yuma to lose, yet he still lost more than almost every other protag.

>You didn't like it because it was too "childish"
That's exactly the opposite of my opinion.
I liked Zexal more when Yuma was a fucking retard bumbling his way through things because it felt more distinct and off the beaten path. He was stubborn and abrasive and had goals; he was an interesting character.

And then when shit got more serious he became more and more jesus-like over time and it was fucking awful.

Which series had the worst cheerleaders?

Gonna have to go with Zexal for the ura guy. Why was anyone friends with that faggot?

I actually liked Yuma more at the beginning, too. He was more interesting.

However, even his progression into Card Game Jesus was at least a progression and more consistent than whatever the fuck happened with Yuya.

Definitely Zexal, no question. And this is coming from the person in this thread defending Zexal. Numbers Club was a fucking joke.

Is Yuya even a character anymore? When I gave up on Arc-V the only words out of his mouth were Yuzu and EGAO.

He actually got worse. He's now converting genocidal soldiers to his cause left and right just by playing Smile World, and that's not an exaggeration.

>He lost more than almost every other protag
NEVER when it counted though.

Virtually every other YGO protag had some sort of costly loss. Yuma never did.

>Yugi loses to Kaiba in DK and can't enter the castle
>Judai loses to Edo and can't use his cards anymore
>Yusei...didn't really lose, but he would've lost vs Kiryu and died, and ultimately dicking around after that led to him losing his Satellite friends to the Dark Signers
>Yuya lost to Yuzu, Reiji, Jack, and Sergey
First loss taught him how pendulums work
Second loss drafted him into being one of Reiji's child soldiers
Third loss made him question his entertainment style
Fourth loss made him lose his waifu to the not so friendly robot man

Zexal was the worst. The whole Shark becoming evil out of nowhere set the nail in the coffin for me. Literally the only decent character was Kite/Kaito.

I don't see how shitty writing is the characters fault.

Yuma did, though. He lost to Shark in a duel where he put his key on the line, and only made it out because Shark took pity on him. He would've lost against Kaito and gotten Astral killed, but Kaito left before dealing the final blow. This one didn't have stakes, but he lost in the final battle of season one against Kaito, showing he still had a long way to go.

You're cherry picking.

I'm sorry you take your anime about fucking card games so seriously.

The character is shittily written.

Not really, the villains converting so easily is the problem.

No, Yuya is also the problem. He's flat as cardboard and his motivations are shallow. He understands nothing about the people he interacts with and just tells them to smile until it magically works. There's absolutely nothing interesting about him.

I gave up on the show a while back, but when I did, he had basically no fucking identity outside of Yuzu. It's like they took everything we hated about the cheerleaders in the past series and channeled it through the MC for some unfathomable reason.

>There's absolutely nothing interesting about him

That's opinionated.

It is a shame, because he used to be pretty interesting.
He clinged on this flawed ideology of smiling even when you don't feel like it.
Also the conflict between dueling not always being fun and games and his entame ideology and his struggles with that was pretty interesting.

So what exactly do you still find interesting about him, then?

The problem is that the series is now pushing that flawed ideology as "right" instead of acknowledging that it's pretty fucked up and not always applicable.

It could've been good if Yuya had actually been forced to reconcile his beliefs with reality.

The majority of characters in Yugioh have piss poor writing. In the entire franchise Kaiba is probably the o my character I would consider to be 100% fleshed out and actually well realized.

Both Synchro and Fusion push variations of a might is right philosophy. Yuya wins. He therefore is right.

>y-you're just being too serious

Nice argument, kid

Regardless of whether you're right, that doesn't make it satisfying or interesting to watch.

Yes I know it seemed like Jack was going to change that, but he actually reinforced it.

Its a show about selling card games to children. I can understanding liking it, fuck I've loved yugioh for years, but its not a serious show. Its more like The Room by Tommy Wisseau or Kung Pow Enter the Fist where you love it in spite of itself.

Yuma was better at the converting thing honestly. At least he beat people in a duel and they changed afterwards instead of just yelling at them until they stopped.

Yuya is honestly just as bad as Yusei at this point just screaming about EGAO instead of KIZUNA and NAKAMA and everybody magically listening

How does this justify watching a shitty dub again? Do you purposely like losing out on content or something?

Manga? Yes.
Anime? Fuck no.

its a meme.dont bother watching

I actually find that hilarious since Kaiba was only ever meant to be a one-off villain that gets wrecked and BATSU GEMU'd. Top lad.

MC is canonically the straightest one so far.

even stronger than SSJ Yuma?

what?

Iconic characters, iconic ace monsters, iconic story, Dan Green, 4kids censoring, EXODIA OBLITERATE, and the list goes on.

penis dragon

>tfw have to wait until 2017 for the movie

youtube.com/watch?v=iN6kHVoYwFU

youtube.com/watch?v=jsnew3mvv0U

That'd be Yugi.

>yugi

All I see is Atem? I'm talking about Yugi.

oh, we're bringing the manga into this?

Nice job taking things out of context.

reminder that this conversation started because an user called yuya a fag when his entire motivation is chasing after his female love interest. not being able to stand on his own with a leather-fetishist foreign guy in his body.

context is irrelevant.

His entire motivation is bringing EGAO to others. I bet you by the end of the series they'll still stay friends. If you think they'll get together you're delusional as the rest of the arc-vfags

yeah, that totally matters.

reminder: yugi and anzu's relationship is still being teased. they never got together.

I'm always amazed at how literally gay DM's Yu Gi Oh was looking back. He looks like an arabic street gigolo

Atem only got more gay in DSoD. Kaiba too.

They never got together because Anzu's dream was always to go to America and Dance. Kaz is just staying true to her character and giving her proper closure. Meanwhile, Yugi drops all the card games and goes to Germany to become a game designer. Their dreams come first before their relationship to each other. Once they really get into their professional careers, they will meet up again and pursue a long-term relationship. It's actually quite realistic.

right up until one of them meets someone in germany/america, because long distance relationships rarely work, and it's not exactly common for high school romances to last the rest of the two people's lives.

yuya, meanwhile, is literally crossing dimensions and meeting an army head-on in order to save his love.

>in order to save his love.

Yeah he was sure thinking of saving Yuzu in the Xyz arc. That's totally why he didn't go overkill on EGAOing Edo and all of those other Academia soldiers instead of just looking for her. Stay delusional.

>his love
Top delusion fhamalam see you in some months after arc-v's last episode is released so I can laugh at you.