Imaishit

What the fuck is his problem?

> hard work and overcoming unfathomable odds earns you happiness

No user

He is a true Gainax believer.

I really don't see the point in killing Senketsu/Nia other than attempting to forcefully evoke sad feelings. You could see Senketsu's death as a Kamen Rider rip off/reference I suppose.
At least Nova's death somewhat fit. I blame Nakashima's terrible writing ability. Both TTGL and KLK were very poorly written.

He's been abandoned by people many times in his life.

It's not just Imaishit. This stupid shit is fucking everywhere in anime.

They always ALWAYS find some fucking retarded excuse to separate the characters at the end and give a semi-open ending where they "will surely meet again". I hate this shit so much.

killing off a character at the end makes it deep, didn't you know

Indeed.

People will defend the shit with Nia too. It was a cheap move to, like you said, force a bitter ending to make it seem deeper than it was. I really liked TTGL when I watched but that ending still pisses me off to this day.

the death is signaling the end of the anime
its that simple
you spent the whole time riding on the river of emotions, and you expected this to end happily?

Nia's death is used to prove that Simon understands the proper use of Spiral Power.

Nia's death is shit because she's mostly HUMAN and the anti-spiral part is only a little switch built inside of her body to mind control her. Destroying the anti-spiral should not have done shit to her, it was a fucking forced bittersweet ending.

one

trick

pony

Newfag here. Haven't watched Gurren Lagann.

What's the best way to watch it? By broadcasts or the two movies?

I hate it
Either the love interest dies, or some other reason to split them up, or the series ends on a very ambiguous ending that teases a conclusion, but doesn't give any closure. Years, fucking years sometimes, of people's lives, dedicated to a story, to an investment, only to get fucked over by the ending. I know it's about the journey not the destination, but if the destination is literally nothing, the journey becomes worthless, because all the effort, all that development, all that work, leads to "OHOHO MAYBE THEY GET TOGETHER, NO ONE KNOWS~"

Broadcast.

Broadcast, then give it some time and watch the movies.

No it's not, it's a cop out EMOTIONAL ending, despite the series being about doing the impossible, and breaking all limits, how does it end? By Simon's hard work being rewarded with losing the person he loved most in life, and having no way of changing it.

>I blame Nakashima's terrible writing ability. Both TTGL and KLK were very poorly written.
Kamen Rider Fourze had a happy ending though.

It's about the journey not the destination you ditz.

> I know it's about the journey not the destination, but if the destination is literally nothing, the journey becomes worthless

And here comes this argument. I should've remembered to say inb4. They could have easily proven Simon understands the power from the fact that he didn't try to bring back Kamina or any of his other friends that died in all their fights

But stories are meant to invoke emotion. They decide who dies then think of why.

>I know it's about the journey not the destination, but the destination is more important than the journey
You fucking ditz.

The journey can be great, but if the ending is shit it will always leave a bitter taste in my mouth

What's wrong with the movies? Aren't they just recaps?

Fourze was all around a terrible Kamen Rider anyway. The MC's stupidly fun one liners can't carry those side characters.

>all these mad waifufags
fucking lmao
Nia surviving would have been the only cop out
fuck off

Lagann-hen was decent since it toned down the Simon pandering and asspulls, with tons of new animation. First one was just a recap though.

Adding to this user, it becomes an even more pointless situation
>Blow ALL those resources, abuse Spiral Energy to an utmost degree, lose dozens of friends and lives, all to not only stop the Anti-Spirals, but to get his woman back
>Oh, but don't bother saving her life, because THAT would be abusing Spiral Energy too much!

Yes, that's pretty much the point, congratulations.

Is it okay if I watch the first half, then go straight to the second movie?

I fucking hated Nia, I'm glad she died

fuck you, fucking hobofaggot you were a god and didnt saved her

FUCK YOU

Yoko a shit

As far as I'm concerned, the show went to shit when she appeared.

No, the anime gods are going to kill you in your sleep if you do that.

If you have an incredible story of an epic adventure across grand locations, fighting insurmountable odds, overcoming impossible enemies, and struggling tooth and nail to reach a goal that has been aimed at since the first step, only for the ending to have the cast be turned away at the door because their shoes are ugly, it sours the entire journey.

this

Now fucking over your friends then failing at suicide, that earns you happiness.

>yoko after timeskip
A shit.
>yoko before timeskip
A cute.

>Create a mecha that is larger than galaxies out of pure friendship
>But stopping Nia from dying of spiral cancer would be the cop out

The ending doesn't have retroactive effects. If the journey was great and the ending was underwhelming that's all it is, a great journey that didn't really take you anywhere worth going, but it was still a great journey.

If you bring Nia back to life, how do you then justify not bringing everyone else who's ever died back to life? How do you justify not making every being in the universe immortal to prevent them from feeling the loss you fear?

Not necessarily bringing her back to life, but preventing her from dying by supplying her with a small amount of spiral power so she can live a normal life.

He's a turbo-nihilistic gook what's there to understand?

How do you now justify not doing this for everyone who's going to die in the future?

Bullshit. A good ending ties the whole story together, giving it that sweet, lasting memory. A shitty ending leaves a bad after taste. People don't go back to stories with bad endings cause they remember the bad ending. Imagine if Spirited Away ended with Haku dying and Chihiro getting trapped in the spirit realm, a shitty, depressing ending, right? Oh but that shouldn't matter, cause everything leading up to that ending was so enjoyable! Or hell, what if you eat this rich, moist chocolate cake, and just before the final bite, we throw hot sauce on the piece, the cake was good up till that last bite right, so it shouldn't matter how terrible the last bite was.

A story, a plot, is all it's parts.

My argument was never to bring her back to life. Her death itself was bullshit

Why? She was a construct of the Anti-Spiral. Once he's destroyed she no longer has anything holding her together.

By implying Spiral Power isn't some cure all medicine? Spiral Power itself is a form of energy.

You guys do know that Nova is not dead,right? They even said in future trigger shows Luluco will eventually find him.

Because you don't need to justify it. They lost dozens of friends, broke the laws of physics and killed an entire race, I'd imagine stopping Nia from fading into nothing would be well within Simon's rights to do without needing any justification after SAVING THE ENTIRE HUMAN RACE FROM EXTERMINATION.

who is that in the middle she a cute

Yeah, but him having to leave Luluco in the first place is retarded forced drama.
They even made his final scene exactly like Nia's, no originality.

Are you referring to them being in the background of the Kiznaiver finale? That was pretty neat

It's explicitly stated he could have used it to bring all his friends back to life. It is a cure-all.

Except that he did all of those things to destroy the Anti-Spiral or depose Lordgenome and free humankind. The only reason to prevent Nia from dying is his own selfish and sentimental fear of loss. This is the same fear that leads the Anti-Spiral to supress the Spiral races. To give into it would make him no better than the being he just destroyed.

No, they said there will be a time when we'll actually see them reunite. the Kiznaiver finale cameo was just something that happened during the season 3 arc. When Luluco meets Nova again she'll be Trigger-chan.

Nova's "death" was redemption through sacrifice. It fit his character just fine.

>It's explicitly stated he could have used it to bring all his friends back to life. It is a cure-all.
Then just omit that. Its bullshit anyway and just Nakashima trying to force a different theme in the end.

This tbqfh

Fuck him

See it would be different if Nia had been mortally wounded, or had some disease that was going to kill her. No, all the problem was they killed her original power source, and had nothing to keep her together anymore. It would have literally been as simple as swapping batteries. He wasn't going to be curing cancer, he wasn't going to be bringing her back from a fatal wound, it would have been him replacing the Anti-Spiral source with his own Spiral Energy.

It ruins the message of "oh we must accept loss and not be afraid of losing our loved ones", he lost Kamina and all his friends because they fucking died, he lost Nia because her source code got fucking erased. It was a scenario that no other human would go through, so you can't use that "well if he saved her why doesn't he save everyone else!" argument. It was a bullshit cop out to make the ending OH SO EMOTIONAL

Senketsu was the worst one. He gives a goddamn life affirming speech realizing his own humanity and potential was the same as Ryuko then dies because he was just a sailor uniform. Senketsu does not thing but the right thing throughout the entire show then gets punished for it.

ITT: Children that watched too much Disney shit growing up

They ruined a perfect set up too, they could have had Senketsu mostly burn up, and all thats left is the scarf from the suit, so Ryuko wears him around as a normal scarf, graduating from a school uniform to a fashionable scarf, but nooooo, since theres no more fighting, theres no use for Sanketsu, despite him being family.

Why is it bullshit? Because you say so? Spiral Power can do anything else, there's no reason it wouldn't be able to bring people back from the dead.

Every death is the result of a loss of energy. You could do the same thing for a normal person, just replace the energy provided by their body with Spiral energy and they'll be able to live forever. Lordgenome even does this with Viral.

I want to hear how mature you think Berserk is because it has blood and titties in it (so sophisticated wow).

>there's no reason it wouldn't be able to bring people back from the dead.
There's no reason it should either. Getter Rays can show people the future but it can't bring back Musashi. One of the biggest flaws of Spiral Energy is that it has no set rules and it does whatever Imaishi feels like pulling out of his ass.

Spiral Energy does everything. It doesn't have rules, it's a manifestation of will. It can do whatever the wielder wants if he has enough power.

Then why does Simon have spiral power, while everyone else pretty much doesn't except for when it's convienient? What's stopping everyone from having an abundance of Spiral Energy?

Nigga I aint saying he should have made Nia immortal. I'm saying the only thing he had to do was make his own Spiral Energy Nia's source to keep her together. There was no moral reason for Simon to let Nia die. Keeping her from fading would not have been an abuse of Spiral Energy, and even if it was, he deserved something after all the shit he went through. TTGL's end message is "If you go through a lot of shit and struggle against impossible odds and win in the end, you won't get any reward and you will die alone and unknown"

They don't have enough guts.

This

I will never understand the half of Sup Forums with a rabid obsession with jamming shitty depressing endings onto shows/stories where they don't fit.

Who says they don't? They all have things they want to protect just as much as Simon.

>Who says they don't?
The creator of the universe they exist within, the one who wrote them into existence.
>They all have things they want to protect just as much as Simon.
Kittan is the only one you can say this of, since none of the others do much of anything.

The message is clearly "When you're time is up, pass the torch to the future generations and don't abuse your power to hold on your position and things that are no more", but whatever, you sound set in wanting your shitty happy ending and generic "if you worked hard, you'll be rewarded and live forever with your waifu" shonen message.

But user Luluco found Nova

She already found him and her parents are back together.

>I will never understand the half of Sup Forums with a rabid obsession with jamming shitty depressing endings onto shows/stories where they don't fit.
to make it ~deep~

>Luluco in a yukata
My heart.

Name 3 shows that you think had an unwarranted "depressing" ending.

Xam'd, Mahoromatic, Kumamiko

>Future generation
Nigga they were in their 20s when the second half happened, at least that much. I know Japan has this theme of "If you're nearly 30 you're an old person" but they WERE the future generation, at the moment. There was no passing of the torch, or their generation was up. And it wasn't abuse, or holding onto things that are no more. Nia was alive, she wasn't dying, she wasn't hurt, she was fine until she just fucking fades away. There would have been no abuse in just giving her spiral energy to keep her alive, it's like denying a sick person medicine because "Oh, it's fine, they are going to die, we shouldn't abuse our ability to prolong their life, it's not right to cling onto things" But no, that doesn't seem to register to you, because you prefer a shitty ending because its "Deep and emotional, brah"

That's clearly why it flashes forward to when Simon is an adult and the two kids are now flying their own robots.

This. For some reason the Japanese think it's 'deep' or something.

Ah yes, because when Simon is an old man is certainly the same as when he's in his 20s in terms of generations.

He never said they were passing the torch at the climax of the show.

It sounds like your problem is you're too autistic to understand emotions and you think happy endings can be the only good endings because that's the arbitrary rule you've established in your head.

>Nia was alive, she wasn't dying
She was dying. Her source of life was gone and she was only running on fumes for a few days after destroying the Anti-Spiral.

>it's like denying a sick person medicine
That's the kind of issue you have to deal with when you have a medicine that can grant eternal life, especially when you know that granting that life can lead to total annihilation.

>"Oh, it's fine, they are going to die, we shouldn't abuse our ability to prolong their life, it's not right to cling onto things"
So it's completely fine to abandon the themes of the show in the final moments to get a happy end?

And it sounds like your problems is you're too autistic to understand good writing and shoving in a pointless death doesn't automatically make an ending emotional and deep.

The death isn't pointless you dipshit. It backs up the themes of the show.

You don't actually have any points. Putting the word "deep" in quotation marks like that doesn't count as one. You have your opinion, and that's fine.

The themes of the show was "Doing the impossible and kicking reason to the curb"

Just because you can give something eternal life via spiral energy doesn't mean every instance of a person fueled by spiral energy will make them immortal. I suppose all that building giant super robots bigger than galaxies was a viable use of Spiral Energy, though, right? I mean it's not like they couldn't have just built a really strong Gunman with the spiral energy instead of having a "who has the biggest robot" contest? Oh but no, thats fine and dandy in the grand scheme of things, but no, ensuring one person continues living, no thats what will destroy the universe. Good thinking Simon.

They WERE the old generation, and as you noticed, it's a japanese thing. Do you think Yoko assuming the role of a teacher wasn't intentional? That's what the second half of the show is about.
They accomplished everything in their teens, all what was left for them to do was not fucking up repeating the same mistakes as Lord Genome and assuring the future of the next generation.
If you're too autistic to accept how another culture works, stop watching their media.

You know that Penguindrum is based on Night on the Galactic Railroad, a traditional japanese tale about death and sacrifice, right?
Blaming anime just shows how ignorant you are.

All these years later I'm still fucking mad

>scifi
>traditional japanese tale

They built giant super robots with Spiral Power to destroy a force that was supressing all life in the universe. What you're missing here is WHAT is being fought for. It's not just about kicking reason to the curb. It's kicking reason to the curb to express your will on the universe, to free people from oppression, and eventually it's about learning why your enemies did what they did and learning to avoid their mistakes.
Where Lord Genome and the Anti-Spirial made a mistake is that they give up to sentimentality and fear. They believe change will eventually bring destruction, and because of that they stop progress in order to preserve what they already have becaise they fear loss. If Simon saved Nia, he would be giving in to this same fear of loss. That's why he can't save Nia.

The only death that can be considered bad is Senketsu and that's only if you didn't watch the special finale episode of KlK

Nia was established to die. Her life force was gone, and the fact that she lived that long was a miracle. Using spiral power to BS her life to longer lengths is a worse mistake then killing her. If he brings Nia back, why doesn't he bring back Kamina, Kittan, and everyone else he cared about that died. If he does that, all their deaths had no meaning as a whole.

In Luluco, Nova's death caused his character to redeem himself for the actions he did, and it was fucking plainly stated that they would meet up again.

In Kill la Kill, Senketsu's death in 24 set-up for the climax in the conflict of episode 25.