RE:Zero haters, it is a lesson in skillful enlightenment

Re:Zero has been pretty cringe-worthy lately, until I started looking at it as a series of moral life lessons in what NOT to do.
There are many paths to enlightenment, and one of these paths is the Skillful Path.
The Skillful path teaches that if one is unhappy in life, it is because they are unskillful in certain areas.
To become happier, one must become more skilled.
Subaru is unskilled emotionally. He has ZERO control over his emotions, and this lack of skill/emotional control is creating many mistakes which cause him pain and unhappiness. He is unskilled mentally, as shown by his horrible negotiation skills and while he tries to plan things out, he doesn't think far enough ahead.
Physically, he is also a zero.
He also does not have any particular specific skills to be useful or make money.
The creator of this show is trying to teach people the dangers of being a ZERO in life.
Natsuki Subaru
Scale of 0 to 10
Charisma- 0.5
Emotional Control- 0
Physical Strength- 0.5
Money Making Skills- 0
Social Skills- 0.5
Determination- 11
He was slothful in the real world, not putting in the time to work out, improve his communication skills, learn various skills to make money, etc etc.
While its annoying to watch him be stupid, emotionally unstable, weak, and useless, I think the lesson in this show is determination to improve oneself as well as learning self-control.

The Greed of a Pig- basically wanting something for nothing, instead of trading the only thing he had, which was information, quid pro quo
Sloth is somehow represented by this crazy guy but Subaru was lazy as fuck in the real world
Pride was shown in stupidly fighting a guy and making an ass out of himself in general, wanting to be praised as someone exceptional when he has not put in the time and effort, but also Wrath was there, as anger has clouded his rational decision making.

>Physical Strength- 0.5
you haven't watched the anime have you

yay new bait thread like every week

The second manga, that graphic one is what the anime should have been like. The character design and gore would've been 10x times better

you are just projecting, op

I would compare Natsuki Subaru to Hon'iden Matahachi from Vagabond.
Cowardly, a drunk, a liar, lazy, unmotivated, a loser. Subaru is a loser going into the story, and he has a lot of catching up to do to become a better person

He is the character you loathe because of all their bad qualities, but hope they improve themselves

Does he get less autistic later? Not that I care. I'm only watching this for Rem anyways

he is much more likeable in the manga... the anime makes him look like a douche

>Physically, he is also a zero.
You may think you are smart for dropping zero here and there but actually you are a smartass.

just saw the new episode...WHAT ARE WORDS, Subaru? What are these mysterious noises that come out of your mouth to EXPLAIN THINGS? (without triggering hands)

This user gets it

damn, keeps getting more intense.
I like it, also got to see cutie beatrice again

>Physical Strength- 0.5
Stop reading here.

Re:Zero is hated on Sup Forums mostly because of his retarded fags.

he also has good charisma, he is honest, but hes easily manipulated. Low social skills? Villager kids fucking loved him. Though to me he doesnt seem strong in the slightest. He got rekt by pretty much everything he encountered.

>anime
>having some deep, meaningful life lesson

Just look at the cute girls, fag.

>He got rekt by pretty much everything he encountered.
Yeah, most enemies are 10/10 physical strength while he is just a normal man.

Apparently that will change, hopefully soon

Honestly the episodes after #15 have been AOTY material.

The episodes have been so great at keeping you on your toes and pretty hype to watch, Shame that the earlier episodes were kinda weak compared but you got to build a story some where.

Maybe it's relative. If the entire show consisted of taking on regular dudes in an alley, he'd have an advantage, but's it's been non-stop superpowered demigods so it might as well be 0.5.

For who?

>unironically using the word hater

YOU TOO?!

>He was slothful in the real world, not putting in the time to work out
This is the only thing is that post that triggered me. Did you fucking see his traps? Delts? His triceps, biceps and abs? He even said he worked out to "protect his home" so wtf man

Is this some sort of /tg/ thread or is it falseflagging bait?

Working out is literally the same as grinding in a video game. A neet who only plays video games could easily get into working out, especially if they aren't America-tier fat.. I personally started hitting the gym when I didn't study or go to work.

It's only getting worse, Barusu.

...Okay? Thanks for the blogpost I guess, my point is Subaru works out so what's OP on about

>Charisma - 0.5
>Physical Strength - 0.5
>Social Skills - 0.5
i am without a doubt that you haven't even watched the show, he's known to be physically strong and have a grip strength of 70kg, and he seems to get along with everyone that doesn't see him have a massive sperg-out due to his mental instability

to say he has terrible social skills and strength isn't just autistic, but it's flat out wrong. summer really is here.

/thread

Nice

>not putting in the time to work out

Except thats the only thing he did when he wasn't playing vidya or watching anime. When I was a NEET, I did the same.

I can see why Sup Forums hates it and the show's getting a suspicious amount of popularity on social media (when does anime ever get that?) so I'm wondering what the deal is here.

I personally like it and think White Fox did a great job on the production.

you're right, subaru is very skilled. you can tell he's put in a lot of work.
He just has such a way with words, doesn't he?
It's not as if his stupidity has caused his death a million times.

it has angst
AoT, SAO had the same. Put in a stupid teenager yelling and it will sell. That why Eva sold, because he cried instead of yelled, which was revolutionary.

>It's not as if his stupidity has caused his death a million times.
I don't think there was really much he could do about all the things he didn't know about. This loop was pretty much that.

"a stupid teenager yelling"

wow, perfect description.
and as pathetic as subaru is, its nowhere near as bad as shinji, I can't even watch NGE

the point of these shows is supposed to be entertainment. who wants to watch some stupid kid that they would avoid in real life. what entertains are extraordinary characters, not bipolar crackheads

Subaru's flaws go much deeper than him being a neet and being lazy.

I think his main issue is that hes a total narcissist who thinks far too highly of himself despite being a neet. If only he was a bit more humble maybe he would be able to think things through a bit better before impulsively acting on them.

I mean I guess my point is Ive met a lot of Neets and losers and stuff but I don't think Ive met one that is quite as self worshiping as Subaru.

NGE was easy to watch, Subaru on the other hand is awful. Maybe it's because I watched NGE when I was younger

>you're unhappy because you're unskilled at being happy

>the point of these shows is supposed to be entertainment

That's the main point for shounenshit, fujoshit and moeshit.

Believe it or not this medium can offer actually good content.

>entertainment
Yeah, but for teenagers this mirrors their feelings of frustration at not getting laid and being teenagers.
It's 'deep' to them, hence why there are tons of threads about it even though everyone is supposed to be at least 18 here.
I suppose at the very least mentally they are teenagers? Either way, you're all fags.

Not really into this series but what this about a yandere witch? who's a yandere witch?

is it her?

My argument for hating Re:Zero is less about Subaru's character and more about the execution and the implementation of those characteristics and concepts.

This is why the show has bad writing. That and the trope-like and shallow supporting characters in the show.

OP is a zero out of ten at bait blogging.

>I don't know what happens in From Zero, the post
All that blog when you could've just typed "I'm a secondary."

There's an odd parallel with Hundred - Episode 1 with both MCs holding their bloodstained loves ones

She's Emilia too

It's to b8 for nerds into schizing out in their late 20s i.e now

ESLfag pls go and stay go.

>not putting in the time to work out
Yes he did. He even says it and wearing a track suit to make it more obvious.

I was thinking during the last episode that it's been a long time since I hated a MC as much as I hate Subaru but couldn't think of who. But him being a Shinji suddenly makes everything make sense.

>those mittens
>that everything else

What, you don't like the show being called out for its bullshit? Look where you are

I am amazed that even though the author tries so hard to make Mitsubishi an idiot, there are people who defend him and say he's done nothing wrong and it's the fault of everyone else.

ESL - English as a Second Language

He is implying that the poster does not know english well, making his post hardly understandable.

:)

Hey guys, so I was browsing through my folders earlier and I found a picture of an unfamiliar girl, I don't know when and why I saved it but here you go.

That's a shitty edit of Ram, i don't know what's the purpose of this image.

>that little brain-spider thing

Why would someone edit Ram with blue hair and bigger boobs?

lol have you just started this anime? it's obviously rem
stupid user is stupid

Rem? You mean Ram right?

The first 10 seconds of OP2 is pretty cool

Subaru is obviously insane and invented an alternate personality where he is an underage maid, creepy

Shame about the other 1:20

Is Rem someone from LN? As animeonly pleb I have no idea what you are talking about.

>Nobody remembers Rem, they must all be assholes!

How can anyone be this stupid?

It helps if you understand the shows target audiance, the 12-18 crowd. Just look at the age of the MC and girls if you question this. They are all 13-17. This explains perfectly why the MC takes so long to figure out things that older viewers would consider common sense. This guy has the mental fortitude of your average highschool freshman.

She looks pretty cute user.

desu barusu is really slow. half the mysteries here take so long because of his stupidity. thought it might be the pain of death or being revived so many times slowly making him stupid.

Most people would start using their brains after facing hardships

but imagine all the painful deaths they would start to take a toll on him. with the hard time limit of the current disaster he isn't thinking straight. im sure on the next return he'll get things right.
i wish he never developed character and was the same guy from arc 1. he would have cleared this a bit quicker.