Does this movie trigger the alt-right, considering it's the liberal Antifa vs right-wing Nazis and the liberals win?

Does this movie trigger the alt-right, considering it's the liberal Antifa vs right-wing Nazis and the liberals win?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz-HPKMC_1w
youtube.com/watch?v=8IX1jSVmaAs
youtube.com/watch?v=s_Atemz3_P8&t=2s
youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Star Wars was a mistake.

It’s actually more relatable to a conservative grassroots militia resistance to an extreme leftist “we know what’s best for you and we will kill you to prove it” authoritarian regime.

The Jedi are the white males my dude

no, i have a healthy perspective on things.

It's set agains the backdrop of WW2, in which the 'good guys' were the ones fighting for self-autonomy of ethnicities over land-grabbing authoritarian powers.

An ethno-nationalist would be inconsistent to dislike the movie on those grounds.

Remember, 'right wing' today is not the same thing as 'right wing' during WW2, or hell, even 30 years ago when this movie was made.

And hell, doesn't the empire just scream 'globalism', except on a interplanetary scale?

Think about, for a setting like star wars, nationalism = each planet controls itself, globalism = one empire controls entire galaxies.

The Empire Strikes Back was always my favorite. Even as a kid, I was rooting for Darth Vader.

Also the “empire” wants to rule the galaxy(globalism). The rebels want each planet to govern themselves(states rights small federal govt). The rebels support the religious to practice freely(jedis) and the empire infiltrates the religion to subtly radicalize a handful to commit terror attacks(siths and Vader attacking the children). One of the main heros of the rebellion is an ancap smuggler who advocates for weapons rights(solo). Yeah op you got it twisted. It’s a documentary of how a Hillary presidency would play out

funny OP, i saw the empire as left-wing globalism and authoritarian and the rebels as right-wing populism, rising up and trying to dethrone the establishment.

but really, i think one of the biggest distinctions between alt-righters and leftists is that alt-righters aren't generally obsessed with media to the point where they see everything in their lives through the lens of movies and TV shows they watched. cuz lefties are brainwashed, you know?

Star wars is classic liberals verse actual nazis

i think youll find that 80% of Sup Forumstards were actually classic liberals when this movie was released

or they weren't born

No because in Star Wars the rebellion wasn't controlled by the Empire

OP btfo

Anti-fa is not liberal. The rebellion doesn't do autistic screeching about how evil white males are, so I don't mind it.

Why do libshits need to use pop culture to make all their political points?

Based anarchist.

The allied powers had way more land grabbed from other ethnicities than the Germans LOL.

It's about a rural and suburban retard growing up to fight an overbearing government controlled by a space George Soros living in the high technology sector of the setting.

Its a shitty pg movie where the left wins and the muh evil nazis narrative.

Bunch of white rebels fight against the establishment that's run by an evil old guy that looks like Soros who's right hand man is a black dude? Um, I think you've got it backwards.

That's what I was thinking as well.
Sadly lefties are too busy looking at their own reflection to see the world around them.

>han solo was antifa

It triggers them into mental gymnastics (also called pathological denial) to find ways to say they're the rebel alliance and multiculturalism with peaceful trade agreements is the death star.
Whilst they shitpost with swasticas, helicopter rides and Ebby Chan, of course.

>liberal
>antifa

Bahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

>being triggered by Star Wars
If anything else than the prequels being ultra-shitty triggers you about fucking Star Wars, you might want to reevaluate your life.

>No because in Star Wars the rebellion wasn't controlled by the Empire

A very good point.

No, they're rightly distrusting of sand niggers.

The story is about the white man dealing with his dual nature of technical superiority and spiritualism.

I know you antifacucks want to view yourself as the resistance agaisnt the regime, when in actuality you are the useful idiot stormtroppers of the regime.

I don't want to get into technicalities, but the Allied conception (whether through propaganda or whatever) is the opposite, and the movie is based on that propaganda.

Just compare the fighting scenes to literally any WW2 Pacific dog fight of the US against the Japs.

A bit far-fetched in some areas, but I agree on the whole.

OP lacks perspective.

Also look at the actual film itself - it mirrors a Triumph of the Will scene for fuck's sake, and George specifically requested that the soundtrack be romantic (hint, Romantic music is literally the most nationalist music ever written - see: Wagner):

youtube.com/watch?v=Fz-HPKMC_1w

youtube.com/watch?v=8IX1jSVmaAs

whoops, my newfag is showing
meant to adress OP

no

>implying palatine didn't intentionally start the rebellion so that Luke skywalker would eventually be discovered

I DURNED MYSELB INDO A BIGGLE MORDY :DDDDDD

IM BIGGLE RIG! :DDDD

In short, Star Wars is unequivocally /ourmovie/

>the good guys are pro-religion
>the bad guys are an anti-religious regime that is secretly being controlled by cultists

Empire literally did nothing wrong.

>Replaced failing government that couldn't even handle the space chamber of commerce and their shitty robots.
>Eliminated un-elected hierarchy of space wizards that co-opted the republic by appointing themselves it's defenders
>Brought order and prosperity to the galaxy

The only thing they had a problem with was branding. If they had called the Death Star a Deterrence Sphere and made a big deal about the Imperial Navy's outreach programs on impoverished worlds they could have done a lot better.

Also, why the fuck do we need force users running everything? Just let the moffs and the admirals run shit and let the jedi and sith sort their own problems out.

>I know you antifacucks want to view yourself as the resistance agaisnt the regime, when in actuality you are the useful idiot stormtroppers of the regime.

Bitch all you want, foilhat.
If you want to deport people out of countries they were born in into troubled regions where they won't know how to survive, you're on the dark side. Desu.

Heh, question -

Did when Dart Vader was non robo-invalid - he was a true vader in body of Skywoker or this was crazy Skywoker?

>3 strong white men rescue white woman.
>liberal
Kill yourself. No, seriously, fucking off yourself today. Nobody will miss you, and you know it.

>If they had called the Death Star a Deterrence Sphere
>Deterrence sphere

Fucking kek, that actually made me laugh.

>Also, why the fuck do we need force users running everything?

I find your lack of faith disturbing

A New Hope if made today:

>Luke, a bucktoothed retard stumbles around his backwoods home trying to find meaning to his apparently meaningless life.
>comes across Obi Wan Kenobi, a powerful black female monk that is rumored to be a Jedi
>They recruit a hotshot pilot named Lando Calrissian, his copilot Chewbacca, and their polyamorous life partner, Greedo.
>Leia, played by Amy Schumer, tries to save Luke from being crushed to death in the trash compactor, but he eventually drowns.
>Leia and Obi Wan start their romantic arc.
>Safe from the empire's clutches, they cheer on a suicide mission to destroy that big space station thing after a black pilot manages to tuck a proton torpedo under his arm like a football, while "back in black" plays as he ejects himself from the cockpit of his failing xwing, so that he dives head first into the exhaust port.

This

Leave the prequels alone

1. I doubt it's the majority of Sup Forums that genuinely believe Hitler was a good guy.

2. The empire is a hell of a lot worse than Nazi Germany. There is even less reason for you to sympathize with them than with Hitler.

Crazy Skywalker. He repents of his sins in Return of the Jedi and kills the emperor.

>It’s actually more relatable to a conservative grassroots militia resistance to an extreme leftist “we know what’s best for you and we will kill you to prove it” authoritarian regime.

It glorifies the less authoritarian side (which I think is good)
The left right divide has authoritarians on both sides, so the right wing's attempts to appropriate star wars are quite pitiful really.
Star Wars celebrates diversity and multiculturalism. The right wing don't.

>not a single nigger in the film
Nah I love this movie.

SPBP

>mentioning canon that was written with the faggy prequels when talking about the original trilogy
Unironically KYS
>A
>FUCKING
>LEAF
Fuck you. Day of the rake.

>The left right divide has authoritarians on both sides

Haha, no.

Your idea of freedom, at best, is the creation of a nanny state in which the citizen has every minor detail of his life controlled from birth till death, lest he experience any 'inconveniences' of life. You can call this freedom, sure, but it is the closest you get to the real thing.

>celebrates diversity

It supports individualism, which is kind of the same as diversity but not quite. This is why the rebels have every assortment of colour from Gold to Green whereas the empire is either monochromatic white or black, with some grey here and there.

>multiculturalism

Now you're just pulling things out of your ass. How? At best I suppose that it is influenced by a Japanese film, but you know damn well that the right-wing has a considerable number of weebs (hence the existence of this site).

Have you even seen the original series? 'Star Wars' is 100% white (save for the voice of Darth Vader), and the only major non-white character in the OT is Lando Calrissian - who's clearly American in accent and mannerisms (hence no multiculti).

i always like empire strikes back better, but return of the jedi is dope too. and those star wars nes and snes games were quite booty licious. i remember spending a lot of time on them.

No
I don't get triggered by fiction

I always thought it was about transgender rights.

Nationalists believe in their own supremacy, which means putting everyone else beneath their heel. They do not live in peace with their neighbors, they fight them until all are beneath their authoritarian regime.
Globalism is just about freely trading with one another.
The Empire was not Globalist, it was Human Nationalist, and the hippies who wanted a return to a liberal democracy won.

Celebrating diversity is retarded. Someone wants a special cookie for being black/white/brown/green no fuck you. Show me your work ethic. Show me your self worth and confidence. Give me a reason to give you a special cookie and you’ll likely get two. Come in acting like a nigger and spouting “RAYCIS” at the top of your lungs when you get called out for acting like a nigger isn’t doing anything but hurting the cause of the real oppressed minorities. All people do by celebrating diversity is denigrating merit. “Oh he works real hard AND he’s black”. Why you gotta bring blackness into it? Why not just say “that MAN deserves a raise for his merit”. That’s privilege. Earning an honest days cookie DESPITE your race. Oh but don’t tell a black person to act like any other normal citizen. Dey culchuh n sheeit. A black person earns for his family is berated by the black community as too white. Fuck that. Nobody is oppressing people of color but themselves. There’s a right way and a wrong way to participate in this society. And you’ll find yourself not very oppressed when you act like a civilized citizen.

>The rebellion doesn't do autistic screeching about how evil white males are
What? Pretty sure it's a theme that "the Empire is evil." So yes, it says that the humans who support the Nazi regime are Nazis, and you have to be a liberal Rebel to be good.

>communists leech off of popular pop culture movie series to inject their nonsense
I don't care if they make their fantasy where they win and pretend to be liberals
I just wish they wouldn't leech off of others when they do it.

I'm not "triggered" by make believe movies unlike social justice faggots.

Crap, that really IS a fairy tale. Star Wars always looked cornball to me, though.

It's just the American Revolution in space.

"Nationalism"
- "advocacy of political independence for a
particular country."

Yeah sure - those Indian, Australian, American, African, and Chinese nationalists clearly thought that they were superior to the British and wanted to crush others, right (Okay, maybe the Chinese)?

>they fight them until all are beneath their authoritarian regime

That's fascism. Granted, that is an offshoot of nationalism.

But conflating these two is idiotic. Otherwise, in WW2, for instance, the Allies and the Axis become indistinguishable in terms of political motivation.

>Globalism is just about freely trading

Just like the European Union, right?

Globalism: noun,

"the operation or planning of economic AND foreign policy on a global basis"

If you're looking at 'foreign policy' from a global perspective, then self-autonomy and pursuit of one nation's own interests is by definition denied.

>it was Human Nationalist

Maybe in the EU (which isn't canon anymore, btw), but in the film it's just a standard Imperial state. Hence 'The Empire'. It literally couldn't be more simple. You're forcing meaning where it doesn't belong.

This + WW2 (Hence why Tarkin has a British accent)

>It supports individualism
No it doesn't. The Emperor won the individualist race, and Star Wars is about defeating him with multiculturalism.

>The Emperor won the individualist race

What do you mean by 'individualist race'? if you mean that they're 'individualist', then they're certainly not.

Pic related sums up the symbolism fairly well.

It also just doesn't make sense to make the 'bad guys' individualist'. By doing so you give each a distinct personality or character, which works to humanise them. Once they're humanised it becomes hard for the audience not to sympathise with them.

That and the wookie war. I still dont know why the empire shit on the wookies. Ewoks i get because theyre manlet wookies.

That last bit i would watch.

But I suppose that I shouldn't be so aggressive with my speech.

Pieces of art don't necessarily have only one valid interpretation.

Not my problem desu senpai, you can join them

Who did the Emperor think was supreme? Himself. Is he an individual? Yes. He believed that all morality came down to an individual -- himself -- so he was an individualist. That he then used every means nature put at his disposal to put him on top doesn't make him not an individualist, it makes him a successful one.

>The empire is individualist

Are... Are you fucking retarded, user-kun?
In what possible way, at all, is the EMPIRE, an authoritarian regimes with fixed conscription, purges, gulags, and a rigid hierarchy, individualist? Do you even know what the word means?

Antifa is not the Rebel Alliance
youtube.com/watch?v=s_Atemz3_P8&t=2s

You know you've grown up when you realize the Galactic Empire did Nothing Wrong, the Rebels were genocidal religious terrorists, and the hero's journey of Luke Skywalker is a far superior storyline than anything with this Mary Sue they call Rey.

>OP anally raped

the rebels full name was the "alliance to restore the republic", what you describe about each planet 'governing themselves' is a confederation

Well, I suppose that he is an individualist in the sense that he's independent from others in terms of his power and moral code. But this is not what we mean when we say 'individualist', generally.

In political usage, 'individualist' means favouring what an individual's freedom may entail him to do over collective interests. Hence blowing up fucking planets because you want to rule the galaxy in fear, and burning innocent vapour farmers in order to gain droids makes you non-individualist.

Also, refer to symbolism. Think, why is it that the sith only have one colour of light saber, and the jedi every other colour of the rainbow? Come on, you can't be serious with this argument.

Pic unrelated.

>Referring to the EU and prequels to base an interpretation of the OT off of
>Actually doing this

If you are triggered by movies, shows, games etc. because you think they promote something you are retarded

>In political usage, 'individualist' means favouring what an individual's freedom may entail him to do over collective interests. Hence blowing up fucking planets because you want to rule the galaxy in fear, and burning innocent vapour farmers in order to gain droids makes you non-individualist.
He exercised his freedom to blow up planets and ignored the collectivist interest to stop. So how is that not individualistic?

CIS are the only good guys

Individual interest = rights to sovereignty from larger empire
Collective = Empire's broader interests

Although you do raise an interesting point that nearly all despots essentially act selfishly. The main difference I would say is that there is an inherent assumption, strangely enough, that when we say 'individual interests' we refer collectively to everyone. Hence one person acting their individual freedom to cancel out other individual freedoms is not considered to come under this category. It's more of an attack on the very concept of individualism, and I'll consider it something to chew on.

However, you haven't produced any arguments based on artistic techniques (like use of colour, or historical context). Which is important when basing an interpretation off of a piece of art.

>Thinks an Arthurian space-story is related to modern politics
May as well claim Star Wars is pro-eugenics.

This. Just like in real life, the confederacy did nothing wrong.

Roger roger.
The CIS will rise again! The Outer Rim has always gotten the short end of the stick.

It's literally a movie about rural and suburban retards fighting a bunch of ultra high IQ city people.

>Twf Luke Skywalker is very-near a member of the most conservative demographic in the US:

>German (Probably Midwest)
>Aryan af
>Male
>Rural af
>Gen z (granted, the actor isn't)

We could really make this /ourmovie/ if we wanted. I know that it seems like a vapid memetic strategy, but it really seems to work with the normies.

not really, its freedom fighters (many alt-righters aren't statists) vs anti-egalitarian authoritarianism. NotSoc on the other hand *is* egalitarian within certain boundaries.

youtube.com/watch?v=1gpXMGit4P8

Actually, according to the Expanded Universe, after the Empire fell, the Yuuzhan Vong invaded the galaxy in a war that killed trillions. The Death Star and massive army was a deterent, Palpatine did nothing wrong

>Individual interest = rights to sovereignty from larger empire
The Emperor was sovereign. That's why he was called "Emperor." Society preventing him from achieving rule would be a larger empire over him.
He became the Emperor because he got past all collectivist restraints on his individualism and he was just better than everyone else.

>Hence one person acting their individual freedom to cancel out other individual freedoms is not considered to come under this category.

Sorry, but that's pretty much self-contradictory. We are all hypocrites. If you went through every single scenario with you as the perpetrator and argued who was in the right, you'd probably argue yourself into the right 90% of the time. Swap it around with someone perpetrating against you, and you'd call them in the wrong 90% of the time. So you can't support equality while supporting your own individualism since they're in conflict. You will, more often than not, place yourself over the other individual. You cannot support their individualism while supporting your own since you consider your version of events superior and you must fight against their own biased view coming out on top. (You'd even fight against perfect equality because that wouldn't look equal to you unless you were already an oppressed minority and equality is an improvement. [Ever wonder why blacks vote Democrat? It ain't because they're all Enlightened liberals. [and no, it ain't because of "gibs," either] Liberals are just for equality, which is an improvement over what they have.])
So a person being for their own individualism argues against everyone else's. That's how it's not a contradiction for the individualist Emperor to not stop himself from trampling every other individual. The "individualism" you're thinking of is liberalism, which involves taking yourself down several pegs so as not to trample others, upon which we become collectivists.

>liberals win
But what exactly DO they win? Every time they win, they're still in disarray, plotting another revolution.

A new menace pops up, a new order establishes itself and rebels have to destroy it for the n-th time. They are incapable of ruling. Are only fit to destroy that which is orderly, beautiful and appealing.

>Antifa vs right-wing Nazis
No it's not.

Vader did nothing wrong

Plenty of infighting among the Imperial Remnants following Endor ensured the chances of a unified Empire was gone for good, even with Thrawn returning from the outer rim to lead the Imperial Remnants, then the eventual resurrection of Palaptine that also failed. Even the Empire of the Hand, which was positioned directly to serve as the first line of defense against the Vong ended up being crippled before the war due to infighting among the Imperial Remnants and New Republic.

Imperials made some rather bad calls in policies, but they were the galaxies best chance for peace. Palpatine did need to be removed following the defeat of the Vong though, he would have drove the galaxy into an endless dark age with some of his policies. To bad the New Republic destroyed all of the Empire's galaxy killing tools which could have been used to repel the Vong.

>Death Star
>Planet Devestators
>Galaxy Gun
>Starcrusher missiles
>Mass Shadow Generators

All of the above could have smashed the Vong within a matter of months had they still been active.

George Lucas modeled the Empire after the U.S. and the Emporer was an exaggerated caricature of Nixon. He later said he would compare the Emporer to Dick Cheney. The Nazi stuff is in the most recent films though. All the new ones are just SJW revenge porn
1. female has innate Force ability,no training required
2.Multicultural militia fights implied white power group,ironically the only regular soldier that removes his helmet is a black deserter.
3. Red,black,white flags,uniformed salutes,genocide,and super weapons

>chosen one white male power fantasy defeats black guy and gets the bimbo princess as a trophy