Do you think women should be payed as much as men in sports?

Do you think women should be payed as much as men in sports?

Other urls found in this thread:

cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vlZAJvdKo
youtube.com/watch?v=uaORM9_MH_I
youtube.com/watch?v=yAXA_G1gIMc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't understand what the argument is. One is a sport, the other is a joke. I like sports, I like jokes, why shouldn't they be payed the same?

By all means. Norway is a rich country. Their tax payers won't notice this.

depends how much money the sport makes

Yes.

It will bankrupt most sports.

The sooner the better. The plebs don’t deserve entertainment.

does the women's team draw as much revenue as the men's team in ticket/ad sales?

if yes, then sure, pay them just as much as the men. if not, and i'm guessing they don't, then no. you wouldn't pay your shitty salesman a special bonus when he doesn't make as much on commissions as your ace salesman does

whats next all sports have to pay the same?

yes, nobody will watch it anymore and the sport will tank.

Oodergard on suicide watch.

No, for the men's Premier league there's a full stadium for almost every game, plus almost every game is shown on TV. The women's league can't fill stadiums and aren't shown on TV.

Their female team is better than their male.

Can we meme them into merging the teams into a unisex team?

Already happened with tennis even though women play 2 fewer sets than men.

the viewership won't change. it only affects the people in charge of the teams. if the women suddenly start earning more money, people aren't magically going to be interested/disinterested

Sports players are only paid according to, more or less, the amount of money they are expected to bring in by attracting fans. I guarantee the female sports players do not attract the amount of money that the male sports players do so the Norwegian females are overvalued and the Norwegian males are undervalued. They are taking from the Norwegian male's wages to give to the Norwegian female's wages. That is wrong.

As a woman who belives in womens rights no. I think they should get more coverage but paying them the same means that women wont actually watch them. If women watched womens sports they would be making a lot more money. It would be prudent for the demographic clomplaining to put their eyes on the prize

I have taken this attitude toward most things. College wants to build a $500k safe space? Let them. Feetsball teem wants to protest? Good. Whatever the hell this thread is about? I love it. It will all unravel faster and be a more entertaining show.

Nobody watches female sports. You pay them the same, they won’t have shit in a few years. Women are incapable of thinking ahead, so let them think they’ve won for now.

Depends how much revenue they can bring in. If Norway is full of cucks who watch women's soccer, then by all means pay them more.

Sure. If they play in the same competition as the males and perform to an equal standard.
>so, no.

>Do you think women should be payed as much as men in sports?
Professional sports is all about fame. It's similar to acting. It's one of the few career paths in the western world where there is an actual difference in pay between the two. And this difference can go either way.
For example, in the movies Passengers, Chris Pratt (a man) was paid $12 Million, while his co-star Jennifer Lawrence was paid $20 Million because at the time, Jennifer Lawrence.

Like I said, there is a good reason for this, and it basically boils down to two distinct reasons which are generally interchangeable because in the end, they equal the same thing, and that is money. Which person (team) gets more money.
And for Professional Sports, this is men. Men will, nine out of ten times, make significantly more than women due to the increase in crowd. If only a thousand people watch a womens football game, the pay is going to be less, contrary to the males team which will be more likely to gain hundreds of thousands of views.

So do I personally think they should be PAID (you spelt it wrong, OP) as much as men? Short answer, no. A little bit longer, yes, but ONLY if they gather the same audience.

US women’s soccer should definitely be paid as much as the shitty men’s team.

Only if they make the women's teams compete against the men's teams.

It's a matter of national subsidization of national sports, so I don't see a problem there. Private businesses, like normal football clubs can value their athletes differently on different parameters.

>Payed

This is going to become like how literally now means figuratively, where it is so widespread it becomes correct

Why is everyone unable to remember that it is 'paid' not 'payed'

I think it depends on the sport. I enjoy watching women soccer, way more than men's. But I can't stand watching women's hockey, it's fucking terrible. Never watched women's football. I guess they should get paid in accordance to how many people show up to their games. Oh, I also like women's softball. But not as much as I like regular baseball. I'm not sure about women's basketball, I'm not a basketball fan.

Wanna bet? Let me select the woman’s uniforms.

let the free market decide who gets payed what for adult partakers in childrens games

If they generate the same profit.

yeah but aren't they catering to 2 completely different viewer bases?
I've never watched a female football game in my life? How are they supposed to milk out the extra dosh, better sponsors?

Both teams suck, seems fair

Banker fuckers win again. The nu-left will praise this as gender quality, but men's soccer generates more revenue and this equalization was done by cutting men's pay rather than raising women's pay, so the surplus revenue is going into the pockets of the executives.

This is literally textbook late stage capitalism meme but the left is too far up their own asses to see it.

Are the women playing naked and using dildos as the ball and their pussies as the goal?

Put them in sexier uniforms like they wear in volleyball and maybe people will start watching

Jeez, would it kill them to wear a little makeup?

i have no idea who they cater womens soccer to, i have only ever watched it twice. once when the bitch ripped her top off to celebrate winning, and again last year (or 2 years ago?) when they won the WC.

the women's team is only "good" compared to the mens because the competition in women's soccer globally is nowhere near what it is for men's. for men's soccer it's literally the difference between a JV and varsity team. US being the JV team

as long as the male already being contract by good team, like in premier league laliga bundes etc

Nobody even watches women's football wtf ?

bingo..
The broadcasting rights in male football is 10 times as high as for female football, the same apply for number of tickets sold to see a match, and hence the sponsor money is also larger in male sports.

As a rule of thumb, the football players can't be paid more than the wealth they are generating - otherwise the club will run in deficit (the national teams are organized as a club, where they too some extend are self-sufficient).

" a victory for women"
"where did the money come from?"
"subsidised by the men's team"

lmao they can't see the irony?

For a national team it's not a bad idea actually. Female sports are a joke and should be invested in. More female team wins = more national pride and more athletic females in the country.

Either
>Norways international football teams will cease to operate
or
>The male team will be paid far FAR less money
eitherway the women won't get what they think they will get, because they're not entitled to it.

how many games did you go to? I bet you own a lot of us women’s soccer merch

Yes, women should be paid as much as men as long as they wear very revealing uniforms, so I can jerk off while watching them.

good.
Lets see whose tickets are sold more.
>Unless women team end up getting naked and doing orgy in field i bet men will leave football

Yes I want this plus rape

In the end, they will just hurt themselves.
No player from another country will ever join a Norwegian team and every good Norwegian player (if there are any) will try to leave the country and play in another club abroad asap.
You pay the men like women you will get women's quality.

Free market. Run yourself into the ground trying to be "diverse". I'm willing to bet money that the people that cry for female athletes rights will not go support the games, merchandise and generate the money needed to pay them.

So they will lower what males get paid. Less pay will mean less desire over time and less males going bonkers to be athletes. All sports will be judged on the capacity of whether women can draw a crowd while playing at half steam. 40 years tops if someone doesn't stop this.

No. Nobody watches womens sports except lesbians, weird perverts and gambling addicts. The views and ticket sales are a fraction of what the mens counterpart earns so it makes absolutely no sense. What will most likely happen is they will cut the male teams pay because there is no other way around it.

Even though male Tournaments probably grant 50x the prize Money and TV Deals are actually negotiated with Male Football while been given away for female football

>Their female team is better than their male
Yeah but not financially

This is probably just base pay, the men will obviously still make more. Not that they care though since they make already make a good living from their clubs.

Salary in professional sports (in the US) is based on TV ratings, ticket sales, and merchandise. Women, however, lack the IQ to understand basic supply and demand.

Have them play a game. First to 100 points gets fully paid. The other team gets a percentage of what the winning team gets fully paid. So if one team gets 100 points, and the other team scores 20 points, pay them 1/5 of the better team.

If it's paved for by The Government it doesn't count as an actual sport or business, therefore merit and value need not be considered, therefor I DGAF what ya pay them

Yes. It's not a real job, it's just some retards running around playing with a ball. Saying that men deserve more money because they are better at playing with balls is absurd. People in sports get paid way too much, and it turns them into divas (just look at the entitled pieces of shit in American handegg. Do these apes deserve to be millionaires?). I bet I can fart louder than anyone itt, do I deserve to get paid for it?

Income in sports should correlate with viewership and merchandise revenue. If your team isn't as marketable as another team, you don't deserve as much money.

kek

I'd they are a national team on the governments payroll then yes.

If they are professionals playing on a privately-owned team in a privately owned league, the owners can pay them whatever they think they are worth.

But the men's team would beat the women every time. The men are very good international level players where excellence is the standard.

This is full Communism. They will suffer greatly.

Would your farts sell out stadiums, sell merchandise and earn advertisement contracts on a regular basis?

The women's national team lost to FC Dallas' U-15 squad 5-2. It's great that they can win against other women, but the men's game is on a completely different level.
cbssports.com/soccer/news/a-dallas-fc-under-15-boys-squad-beat-the-u-s-womens-national-team-in-a-scrimmage/

It's just supply and demand. If people weren't interested, players wouldn't make any money. Your issue is with capitalism, not sports.

The women would be lucky to score one goal even against a team of sunday amateurs in their 50s.

They make money because they have a high-demand skillset for a leagues that make millions or even billions of dollars. Same reason why Hollywood actors make loads of money. Women sports on the other hand are a joke and accept for the WWC and Women's tennis never actually make any money. The WNBA for example has been propped up by profits from the NBA.

For national teams I don't see why not.

For private professional teams it'd be idiotic because professional women's teams are at the level of U-19 men's teams.

You wouldn't pay under 20s the same as the national team so why would you pay the women the same as the men

fpbp

If they can fill the stadium, yes.

Exactly. I recall a womens soccer team that played against some 15 and under boys. They got absolutely annihilated by the children. People watching the game said that the women were maybe a step above the skill that would be found if you put together some random guys at a pub that play soccer as a hobby.

depends on the market. If more people are there for the sport, then pay the men more. If more people are there to watch tits bounce for three hours, then pay the women more.

Give me one solid instance of a women's team filling a stadium to capacity and I'll be open ears.

imho, I dont give a fuck. norway can do whatever it wants.

I hope the require equal attendance when both teams play too. If they sell a disproportionate number of tickets to the mens game they should refund the tickets that make up the difference and require those people to watch the women.

All that'd do is bankrupting all female sports leagues. But I don't really care so go for it.
Except beach volley, I NEED my girls beach volley, but I think they have the appeal to be paid probably more than dudes

to be fair our men's team is so shit they aren't able to fill any stadiums either

actually, come to think of it. Didnt we abolish this separate but equal bullshit years ago?

we dont need mens and womens soccer leagues, women can do anything men can do now. just make it an inclusive soccer league.

This
(((They))) were trying to shill Serena Williams as the best ATHLETE (Period) ever.
When in actuality, using metrics we can estimate that the 50th ranked mens AMATEUR tennis player would be about equivalent to her in terms of skills.

I think neither deserve to be paid as much as they are. Sports should be played, not watched other than to watch one's nation's athlethes compete against other nation's. Anything else is degeneracy

You should not be paid to kick a ball around

relevant

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-vlZAJvdKo
youtube.com/watch?v=uaORM9_MH_I

>I think neither deserve to be paid as much as they are.
If you're not an enhanced soviet-era wrestler that is literally in debt to the Government for the "training" there's no reason for the Government to be paying for you to compete.
t. Libertarian that enrages every Olympic cycle

No, its about views and advertising. If a female team can bring in as many views as a male team then sure pay them the same. One day I hope Male Volleyball teams get paid as much as Female Volleyball teams.

John MacEnroe: "I don't want anything to go wrong with Serena because she's pregnant. I don't wanna upset her."

Based MacEnroe acting in the interest of the child even when under fire. White ppl ftw

If I remember correctly. The man that played her said she would struggle to be in the top 200 ranked men. The man that played her was drunk when he played her and almost completely swept her

No. Absolutely not. This effectively means that the men are subsidizing the women, and I thought that was oppressive. If the female variant of a sport brings in the same amount of revenue, they should be paid the same, but in football this is rarely the case (actually, I think it's never the case, unless the women start to play in bikinis). If e.g. more people watch beach volleyball for the girls and thus the money from events and competitions comes mainly from women's events, I'd be fine with those sportswomen being paid more than the men.
But who knows, haven's seen much of the Norway football team, maybe it's actually along these lines and not blatant feminist SJW bullshit, maybe the Norwegian men all play ice hockey or moose wrestling or whatever and football is a women's sport up there.

youtube.com/watch?v=yAXA_G1gIMc
Go 2 mins in kek

>I'm gonna buy her 700 roses
kek

Surely playing football in the kitchen is a huge health and safety hazard.

Don't know about other sports but women's football is a joke. They're worse than kids

I've never understood that. I remember them bitching about making less but they literally do less work than men. I figure they can either take less money or do five sets if they want the same amount.

Same over here. Our women's football team is (or at least was) hyped like hell because they won their world cup and Olympics a lot, but when doing some friendlies, they only played against boys, even the regional boys B-team destroyed them regularly with 5-0-like scores (and they didn't even play full time, because the women couldn't keep up for a whole 90 minutes and it would be even more of a slaughter).

The wimminz and the media got really cocky when in 2010 the men "only" made third place in the World Cup, and in the 2011 Women's World Cup, their slogan was "Third places are for men!", thinking they'd rule the competition just as usual. Thankfully, they got kicked out way before the final, around place 8 or so (Japan went on to win this one), was a nice eye opener for people on how feminist delusions of grandeur do not live up to reality (and that was just to other women, not even men).

Doesn't the men's ATP tour bankroll the women?

This makes no sense, everybody knows women are worse at sports than men. With this reasoning, I could be less productive than my partners at work and deffend that I should be paid like the rest of them because that's what sportswomen do.

Most competitive sports are played for profit. If people want to go to the matches/watch them on TV, then the sport is more profitable. Less people want to see female football matches, since they are demeed generally less interesting by many

For the mational team? Yes. They both do the same job, they'll still make more anyway as footballers don't leave club football to play for a national team.

For private sector sports teams, it's a thing called supply and demand. Good footballers that bring the club revenue by pushing for silverware and by bringing in fans are in high demand, a whining female footballer that just wants Ronaldos money, aren't.

Yea sure why not?

Do international teams even pay players a significant amount? As far as I knew, in football pretty much all of the money a player earns is paid by the club, so Norway paying men and women the same, while stupid, is a bit irrelevant because it's still fuck all.

we should just abolish women's sports leagues, chess leagues etc...

we should just integrate them and stop worrying about which league gets more money, or more paying fans.

I keep hearing "womyn can do anything men can do", so lets stop segregating them.