Jump preview for DBS ep.53. Nothing too new, except for what Trunks is up to

DBS ep.53 “Reveal Black’s True Identity! Now, to the Kaioshin Realm of Universe 10! July 31st

Zamasu, the apprentice Kaioshin of Universe 10, debuts!

In order to solve the mystery if the time ring, Beerus and Whis have come to the Kaioshon Realm of Universe 10, home of Zamasu. And Goku comes with them when he hears that Zamasu is a martial arts master! He challenges Zamasu to a battle, but…?!

Trunks This Week: Reuniting with his former nemesis No.18?!

Trunks learns that Kuririn’s wife is No.18, who in another dimension nearly exterminated humanity! Though Trunks is shocked, how does No.18 react?!

>Reuniting with his former nemesis No.18?!

Fuck yes. I've been waiting for this since this arc was announced. I wonder if 17 is going to pop up to? The least they can do is mention him, especially since he has a family of his own too.

Pretty excited about this

Wait, wasn't he aware about Krillin's fondness for 18 and vice versa? I'm confused.

Is that a bad translation, how does he know goku's voice?

Man, it's seriously like all the fanart/fan theories of "shit we want Trunks to do if he ever came back" is really coming true

He was aware of it of Krillin crush on 18, but I bet he couldn-t imagine Krillin actually marrying and having a kid with 18

He knew he was fond of her.

Marrying her and having a kid is a little, you know.

Well he was in Cell. Maybe he heard it in there?

>PTSD kicks in

He and his sister were made with the sole purpose of killing Goku. It wouldn't be too surprising if he had pre existing information about Goku stored in him.

I think the androids had all the data on Goku, so that probably included his voice.

Or maybe that was only 16

I hope 17 shows up as well

Can't wait, sucks we had to wait an extra week though

>all the haunting imagery
>a villain who was actually scary and had to fight with his wits
>S++ tier design

man, fuck perfect/semi-perfect Cell. Form 1 Cell had the potential to be the best villain in dragon ball history.

and not a single one of them had him fucking Mai.

Truly the best timeline

For someone who hates writing romance, Toriyama sure knows how to make the most batshit random pairings make work.

How do you guys feel about DBS as a continuation of DBZ so far?

Pretty good, it's not perfect by any means, but better than GT

Toriyama wasn't going to have cell change appearance when he changed forms, but the editors thought he was "too ugly". Bull fucking horseshit. Then again that's the same editors that told him to make cell in the first place since they thought the androids weren't interesting enough villains.

Same. Only things I preferred in GT were 1: letting trunks and Goten grow up (albeit not doing anything cool with them) and 2: SSJ4's concept is infinitely better than SSJG or SSJB.

Yeah, GT had good idea's but horribly executed, while Super doesn't have good ideas the execution is really good.

Yknow what I don't get. I'm sure they know that people miss the classic characters actually doing things, they'd be blind not to notice it. I'm sure people in Japan feel the same way. But the power gap is too big right now for the old cast to do anything, even fight lower level foes in super anymore. If only there was a way to let multiple characters get really stronger-
Fusion. I'm gettin at why don't they let the old cast learn the fusion dance to have some relevant moments again. How awesome would a Tienccolo fighting alongside Goku be, or Future Trunkshan, or Krillin18? Instead of it just being the Goku Vegeta power hour every week.

Plus there's that game that's big in Japan all about hypothetical fusions, so why not capitalize on that?

Bump

Who is Beers fused with here?

Whis

>Trunks learns that Kuririn’s wife is No.18, who in another dimension nearly exterminated humanity! Though Trunks is shocked, how does No.18 react?!

Trunks already knows Krillin was into her, and that the feeling might have been mutual.

It's gonna be fucking nothing.

It will still be pretty awkward, though.

Meh. She did literally almost nothing wrong. Her only crimes are stealing some clothes. Vegeta did way worse.

>Feelings
not married and had a child with

First comes love, then comes marriage.

Last Trunks saw of 18 she was cursing off Kuririn

Please, not even trunks is that autistic.

Can't wait for the next PTSD attack.

This is weird.

Well i guess i remembered that scene wrong, but in my defense i haven't watched or DBZ in 9 years, also Trunks had just resurrected so maybe he was a little hazy?

>I hope 17 shows up as well
I hope he does. Would like to see that family of his.

Krillin don't be a creep.

was there no episode this week??

No

someone went tothe digimon school of monster design.

So where was not no episode this week you say...

Someone translate this.

Hahahaha holy crap, OK, I got to know, who are all the characters fused into this mess?

It's beyond me how people can like these designs.
Literally AF tier.

that's just... awful looking

My guess is Broly, Freeza and Cell, though i'm probably missing a few

translate pls

Found this, but I'm sure there are still more characters in this thing.

Great Satanman

The hairline also reminds me of Vegeta

Cell is just a slightly reskinned lavos from Toryama's previous work on chrono trigger.
Almost the same gimmick with all the mixed DNA too.

Who is bottom left?

Fusions OC, the MC's rival apparently

It's the other way around, Lavos 2 is a reskinned Cell.

Chrono Trigger released when SSJ3 Goku fought Kid Buu.

17 calls 18 "nee-chan", she gets flustered

Seriously like all the pairings untill now are literalky crackship tier.
How suprised were the nips when it was first revealed that trunks was bulma's son with vegeta of all people.

You're probably right, it's been a long time.
Either way, their similarities are neat.

Seems like in Dragon Ball, the weirder the couple, the more chances it has of being canon.

I suppose it's to be expected of a series with next to no romance. And for what it's worth, at least most of the couples have ended up pretty decent.

why are they so perfect?

Future trunks was legitimately one of the better characters in DB and Future Mai is the one good thing Super has done. Put them together and it's magic.

>Future Bulma

They just are, user.

Why is Kid Goku so cute?

Because he's adorably stocky and just a bright and cheerful dude.

I love Kid Goku, that's what makes the monstrosity that is GT even worse for me

Kid Goku in GT looks that way because he has muscle mass.
DB Kid Goku was fat.

They were made for each other.

And because he's very pure and innocent.

>Super doesn't have good ideas the execution is really good
Your standards sure are pretty low.

>And because he's very pure and innocent.
Yeah, but that became less cute when he was a grown-ass man.

Eh, was kid Goku bad in GT? I don't remember particularly hating him.

Yeah, Super has good ideas, they are not great just good though.

Golden Freeza
Another Tournament
Evil Goku

Golden Frieza sucked, but I enjoyed the tournament and Goku Black.

Also, GT wasn't the worst thing of all time. It had some good moments.

We will never have another segment of 18 and Krillin's sparring because that's too good for Super. Thank you so much, Toei.

i hope mai really does wear this under her coat

Well i said the execution was good, but the originality was bad, also GT does have good moments though it has far more bad moments

Golden Frieza sucked but his color scheme was cool. U6 sucked and Goku Black is okay so far.

It's more like Super has had 1 good idea and bad execution throughout except during the current saga in which it's okay, not great.

I honestly think GT is better. By no means is it good, but it did have good ideas here and there and the production values weren't total ass and it treated side characters a little better, less regressive chracaterization.

Bulma knows what's up.

And what's to come

>that midriff

So you are giving me the reason, Super's plot is cheap and weak.

That's not plot, that's concept

So if the concept is bad and the execution is bad...

>giving me the reason

Hi ñ

Androids were boring as fuck though.

>Super has good ideas
Super's BoG was fucking cancer, I prefer haremshit before that shit.
RoF was just Toei trying to be le cool and edgy.
U6 arc was pretty boring. Hyped Buu and Piccolo just to get rip of Buu before the tournament, using Piccolo as a plot device and filling episodes with Vegeta fighting nobodies.
Same with Trunks' arc, we are getting episodes that people was waiting for so long, but Gohan and Trunks reunion amount to anything and I bet 18 and Trunks meeting will be "people rubs in Trunks' face how happy they are and Trunks makes sad faces".

You get Naruto

>RoF was just Toei trying to be le cool and edgy.
RoF was Toriyama bringing back Frieza because he liked that FRIEZA FRIEZA song.

but a 16 chip wasd never desote yit stell out there some wehre of you recall head ws desoty by mind ciap was stlelo lfit so they ask dragon to brign 156 body back to way it wa sbefor then put 16 chip in ahs hea dbam he abck to way he was

btw android 8 is fully mahcial eh get wish abck to he died hwen kdi buu blwo up earth midnt el me hwo come back to lfie nto 16 i wodo rally like to know

Call an ambulance, you're having a stroke

>Super's BoG was fucking cancer
Because of execution, the movie was good.
>RoF was just Toei trying to be le cool and edgy.
Yes.
>U6 arc was pretty boring.
Because execution again.
>Same with Trunks' arc
No. At least wait until half the arc to see if the pieces are coming together.

*Supporting my argument
Yeah, sorry.