A silent voice

How does Sup Forums feel about this manga ?

It's shit.

>jap name literally means the shape of voice
>english name is a silent voice

Wasted potential. The middle part felt like filler. A lot of shitty people are introduced. These straight up horrible people are even forgiven in the end. I enjoyed it.

>english title
Kill yourself.

7/10, it's bad.

a roller coaster that gave a bad taste in the end
who the fuck think open ending with no closure like that is good

>7/10 is bad

What?

It was great.
If KyoAni pulls through the movie might get an Oscar nomination.

Too many abandoned character arcs. Not fleshed out enough.

10/10

It's trash.

Besides from the disappointing ending I really enjoyed it. I hope the movie is good but I doubt it will be.

Bretty good story but all characters were unbearable. I hated everyone.

>doubting the dream team

Unless they're doing multiple movies I don't see how it's going to work. KyoAni will probably make it less dark as well.

Loved it. Shouko a cute.

The one shot was decent but the serialization sucked.

It was fun reading it together with Sup Forums when it was first got released, but it itself is pretty boring

I really liked it. I don't get the beef people have with the ending.

Why would they make multiple movies? They can just cut out unnecessary stuff.

>That chapter where the little sister shows him photos of dead things

That fucked me up on a personal level.

oneshot was good and had a lot of potential
serialized manga was shit, forced drama everywhere

Reading with Sup Forums was quite the ride.
Someone post that WHERE'S THE HEALING (next chapter:still no healing) pic please

The first part (based off of the one-shot) was too stretched and relied too much on making people feel disgust rather than conveying real empathy, but whatever. It was a decent bullying story, at least, which is what helped it get popularity on the internet and lead to a serialization.
The middle parts were decent, it could have been a good redemption/friendship story, which is where it was heading. Unfortunately, the second half completely drops the ball. It's full of melodrama, poor character development, and a disappointing non-ending. It feels like there's barely any resolution in the plot, the characters never seem to get any real connections with each other, and other than Shoko and Shouya, none of the characters are particularly relateable. It would have benefited from a better cast, or at least a cast that wasn't full of scum, and some proper direction in the story.

I've just read the first two volumes, decide it to put it on hold and watch the movie first.

One shot sucked, too shallow Series was okay. Hopefully the movie will be great and the best version.

mostly good, movie creation shit sucked though, should have focused more on ishida's and nishimiya's relationship

silent voice for muh edgy deep points.

I really didn't like how the people of his past just conveniently became a group of friends (well sort of dysfunctional) in the end. I was hoping he'd move on from that while having Shouko being the one constant from his past.

Inferior to its movie adaptation

I liked the one-shot a lot
the serialization was complete shit though

One of the best gundam openings, right up there with turn a turn and believe in the starry sky, and dreams.

One of my favourite manga.

retarded and weak damsel in distress female character

generic damaged approval seeking male mc

>silent voice
belongs to the trash

It's mediocre.

lel get memed xD

>generic damaged approval seeking male mc
>mocking your self insert

t. Tumblr

I liked anime more.

>can't handle emotionally strong female character
>being proud of it

kys neckbeards

Who are you quoting, reddit-kun?

I felt the elementary school arc in the series was a more properly fleshed out oneshot, but toward the middle of the manga I started losing focus, I especially didn't see what was so significant about making the movie. The way the manga ended was fine on paper, but it felt so sudden without proper build up, felt like a cliffhanger. Hopefully the movie cleans up all the issues and keeps everything focused, I especially hope the more memorable moments are left in.

>They can just cut out unnecessary stuff
like all secondary chars minus both moms and loli tomboy?

It's okay. It had a pretty solid concept, but wasn't executed well enough that i'd say it's super memorable on its own. It dips up and down in terms of quality.

Most of what makes it special to me is less the content itself but that I enjoyed it with Sup Forums.

Went on for way too long.

The one-shot was perfect, fucking retarded mangaka and their editor's dragging out a perfectly contained story.

i just wanted a manga about this guy doing everything to redeem himself, why did the other bullies and side characters needed to ruin that

I think the idea was to show how what happened in elementary school continued to affect people years later. Ishida was also hoping that they had changed by then.

I enjoyed it, got my little cousin hooked on it, made me feel like shit but thats mostly because I've got the emotional fortitude of wet tissue paper.

Storywise it was ok, watching the MC sperg out reminded me of me

I didn't analyse it thoroughly to be sure of it's quality, but I did enjoy it. What I do remember is that the start of the manga is worse compared to the one shot.
The one shot was much more believable and understandable, while the manga had all the characters being too much like douchebags instead of grayer levels of douchebagness of the one shot.
I also liked how well explained the bullies were, instead of being treated like one dimensional assholes like many stories do.

I liked the one-shot.
I liked the idea of a continuation in a serial format.
It began good and took a nose dive right at the end.
Why can't Japs write a good ending? Like hardly ever?

Goes on really well then shits itself with the ending where "everything was solved" even though it didn't feel liked everything deserved to be solved so easily.

Actually my waifu is a strong female character.

kumiko has zero physical strength dumbass

Disappointing ending, but it didn't make me rage as much as Usagi Drop.

>kys
>neckbeards
Try harder.

I like it

Kyoani better not fuck up the sign language in the movie.

That is probably the one thing we can all be sure they will NOT fuck up. I mean, I don't think they'll fuck anything up, but a lot of people do. However, sign language is the one thing everybody knows they'll get right.

Kumiko is stronk, carry heavy instrument like proud soviet woman marching for fatherland

Because a key part of his redemption was reconciliation with those people and deaf girl.

>MC sperg out
It's been a while since I read it, but what do you mean?

I recall reading that someone (Kigami I think) saying that he and the other animators were having some difficulty with the animation, it was probably getting the sign right. The only other show that I can recall having it was Gansta.

I liked it better as a oneshot.