Why is weed being legalized all of a sudden?

Why is weed being legalized all of a sudden?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UiP5_p9MAlI
youtube.com/watch?v=nAlVWLqlsJA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because it makes people dumb, and easier to control.

well that was a short thread

It's a psychedelic you fucking retard, you're think opiates and alcohol

False. I smoke weed every single day and I'm woke as heck.

How can you possibly know what I think? Your statement is not only illogical, but also unworthy of refutation.

Because people realized you shouldn't throw humans in a cage for smoking a plant.

weed smoking scientists and gov officials start researches to prove its okay

Half Jimmy Neutron, half Abe Lincoln

It's easier to burn out the poor than deal with protests and violence.

you can lie about a thing only so long, same with religionfags claiming earth was flat before science disproved them
[citation needed]

Mexico has been taking more jobs Americans actually want to do, America is now doing something about it.

>a plant
you know most drugs are made from shit like plants, right?
you know saying "plant" is retarded, like that makes it somehow more "natural" when sooooo many drugs are just ground up plant extracts

Because it's really not a threat and less than 1% of the nation does it. Just cause it's legal doesn't mean everyone is going to smoke it.

For example in Uruguay it's 100% legal but everyone still looks down upon weed smokers.

Ok Ben Shapiro

Look at drugs by use and you'll realize that the amount of people using this substance is too high to keep a black market alive

actually most drugs go through hours of refining to get to the final stage. With weed you literally just dry it and smoke it.

You're thinking of LSD. Every time I've smoked weed I felt lazy and out of it, which is what you'd want if you wanted to control people. Whatever "psychedelic" means, I don't know the point your trying to make. I'm sure you think alcohol is a "depressant" too. That's why people get in fights and yell and stay up late when they drink too much, right? But I get it, you like weed. Enjoy.

If you smoke weed everyday you will feel like everything is A-Okay and that nothing can really bother you, and you feel happy and content with working at mcdonalds making just enough money for food and watching the odd movie or playing some video game.

Its either to keep people complacent or its just happened organically because it's fairly harmless.

I smoke maybe once half a year and it's fucking harmless unless you make a habit out of it. Then it starts to fuck with your short term memory.

Why shoudn't be? I don't care about the devil's lettuce, but if some DUDE LMAOrs want to smoke it, I couldn't care less. Better than alcohol if you ask me.

government started manufacturing GMO weed filled with xenoestrogens

enjoy your gyno and homo lust, weedfags

>ban guns to make people unable to fight back
>legalize pot to make them too dumb to realize they need to

It's the same argument as "DUDE, borders are just imaginary lines on a map MAN". You aren't going to get anywhere with it. It's the kind of logic that stoners really seem to enjoy. But meanwhile these same people say words are violence.

It's still a naturally occuring plant and people can voluntarily do whatever they want to their bodies without the threat of an armed thug throwing them in a cage.
There are too many people in prison.

>using the word "woke"
Thanks for proving the point

to curb the competition, make young men waste their lives and to not try to succeed

>For example in Uruguay it's 100% legal but everyone still looks down upon weed smokers.

Who could be behind the pot legalization in Uruguay?

Because the powers that be want us to put ourselves in a stupor so that they can deprive us of our rights to free speech, thought and assembly.

youtube.com/watch?v=UiP5_p9MAlI

Because it's mostly harmless

>naturally occurring

The kind of plant you're talking about is no more naturally occurring than a miniature french bulldog that needs forceps to reproduce.

Charles Murray and many other social scientists, whether conservative like Murray or liberal/leftwing like Chomsky, have been predicting since the Nineties that depressant narcotics would likely be decriminalized while stimulant narcotics would continue to be outlawed. People who are too stoned to be violent are pretty easy to control.

This guy gets it.

Maybe you should look and see how much money legalized weed has made and who has profited from it. Most likely large lobbyists looking for large paychecks

I understand your point, but the reality is the substance itself is not a pure depressant; vaporized marijuana is not as intense and leads to distorted perception as opposed to couchlock with no "hangover."

I do smoke weed occasionally, as in if I have 3 days with zero to do I'll get toasted as it puts me completely out of commission, but if used right it is not a substance that makes you retarded and lazy, I find it very introspective.

In reference to LSD, I've done DMT over 100 times in a binge during spring break in college, I'm very aware of what a psychedelic is

Because it, among other things:

>makes you dumb
>can trigger mental illness
>keeps you passive and obedient
>makes you apathetic

How is this not clear?

>all of a sudden

it's been a decades long political and public relations fight. it's just only started to gain popular support.

believe it or not, most people are in favour of recreational drug use be it weed, booze, or pills. but many get asspained because not everyone chooses the same high.

Most weed (quality bud not that shitty Mexican stuff) in burgerland comes from Canada. In Canada it's not legal, but cops really haven't ever cared about enforcing weed laws to anywhere near the extent of the US. By legalizing weed officially, the federal government is declairing war on the big boy producers, and will make additonal revenue by increasing policing and enforcing stuff like smoking in public which they previously didn't care about.

You’re already controlled by your own society. Now go buy another 800 dollar cell phone

If you smoke enuff its effects are almost like smoking a cigarette, but the cigarette actually kills you. Throwing people in jail for cigarettes would be retarded, so the fact that weed is illegal is even more retarded. Plus once they know its a tax goldmine they'll get onboard

>that nose

Rich White people realized how great it is.

I think Trump will do legal weed + DACA for the wall funds with Shumer

Lol. Uruguay and Chile are the last hopes in South America and fucking Soros wants to mess it up.

Because it's mostly being produced by regular folks in the US. CIA doesn't get weed money for the black budget so who cares now?

Your daily reminder that bad people have bad trips, so if you don't like weed because of the way your high is going you should make serious life changes

I hate this numale faggot

This point I agree with.

My experience with drugs has shown it only amplifies existing situations; a forex trader making 6 figures doing a bit of cocaine here and there won't have his life ruined.

Now contrast it to the crack epidemic in the United States; poor unemployed black smoking cocaine in rock form, recipe for total disaster

degeneracy is a tool of control

The left and the right hate each other so much? They’re both scamming you morons and blaming it on each other. Anyone who believes in a politician has mental issues. You’ve basically joined a cult that does nothing for you, you don’t even get to have three wives

>Citizens would rather make themselves docile and pliable with a drug than change their social environment to make it less hellish to live in

The Government loves weed are you kidding me? They would rather you were at home getting high on Soma than demanding decent living and working conditions

Weed is entry level bluepill.

I dont smoke it but I agree it should be legal as long as regulated. Let those who wanna be dopes be dopes.
End of day its fairly harmless as fair as drugs though and its just the fanbase and advocates who are bloody annoying.
But its a supposed free country, so you wanna ingest something that only harms yourself you are free to do so. Just dont e driving a car after.

There are two types of weed. Up and down. It is in fact a mild psychedelic and I've had some pretty mind opening trips on just weed. Personally, I didn't get my shot together until after I started smoking. Most of the people on here trashing it probably got most of their information from teenage stoner comedies.

Is there even a question?

this

Because it's a waste of resources to fight

LSD boys, never the fake stuff.

A better question is: with 22 soldiers a day killing themselves why are vets not allowed to get perscribed weed in 50 states, but even in red states like South Carolina MUSC is giving MDMA to veterans instead...let that sink in for a minute: you can't legally smoke weed to keep you from turning into the Hulk and snapping some dumb civilians head, but they will give you a dose of MDMA to see if that's a bit healthier

It drains your average man of passion and drive to anything productive. Instead, they abandon dreams in order to become a vegetable who believes their drug gives them some deep insight to things like art and entertainment. Many just sit around playing video games, watching tv, and listening to music because the drug makes those trivial things extremely entertaining.
What would your average person like to do with their time if they had a choice? Be entertained or work?
A minority of used put their time to good use and we can all point to those special cases, but ignoring what it does to the majority of users is disingenuous.

Vets aren't killing themselves because of lack of access to weed.

And 100% faggot

>all of a sudden
The debate has been going on for a long time.

Took it a few times. Started getting bad trips. I think i have control issues.
Good news is it made me stop taking all drugs.

The only based drug is DMT.
Learn to extract it and smoke up kiddos, best red pill ever.

People who do that shit would do that anyways: if you're a loser who smokes weed you would be a loser who drinks/ does pills/ eats burgers. Personally, the best papers I ever wrote in University were high as giraffe pussy and once you have a tollerence there is literally nothing you can't do while high. Saying weed makes you lazy is like saying cars make you lazy: depends on how you use

What the actual fuck?

Really? Because almost every job in my state drug tests and kinda need to eat.

You're an idiot. Prove me wrong.

Over 50 million Americans have tried marijuana in the last ten years. 1% my ass.

I don't smoke often but I don't get where this meme comes from. When I'm stoned i can't help but clean house and work on personal projects. Slackers are gonna slack with or without marijuana.

Thats the only one I haven't tried: how do I extract this? Not exactly common at parties

>2017
>Not being a responsible drug user

>Come home from work completely sober (40hr/week)
>Do things that need to be done around the house (take out trash, mow lawn, etc)
>Make dinner
>Do fat dabs in the comfort of my room while watching anime and having dinner
>tfw

Why would one want to develop a tolerance like that?

I mean it got the nickname weed because it spreads like weeds but okay

weed is for niggers. you all make me sick.

The better question is why was weed illegalized all of a sudden?

Because prohibition is an abject failure, especially when you're trying to prohibit a hearty plant that grows easily nearly everywhere.

States realize that there is $$$ to be made, nothing more or less.

Na that is what opiates are for

Paper and textile industry lobbyists.

By this logic then none of the food you eat is naturally occurring either. Nor is the tobacco anyone smokes. Or the hops with which people make alcohol.

This argument is retarded, quit being an anti-weed faggot for the sake of being an anti-weed faggot.

smoke it goyim, it makes you smarter and cures cancer

Then go in your backyard and pick some dank weed brah. I'm guessing that kind doesn't work as well in your digital vaporizer and other all-natural weed equipment though.

youtube.com/watch?v=nAlVWLqlsJA

He uses mimosa hostilis (can be ordered online) in this video. But literally everything that lives has DMT in it. Just google which plants have the biggest amount of DMT in them and follow steps in video. And smoke in a pipe.
First extraction may be difficult but it's really not rocket engineering.

Same principle as drinking: you go several months without drinking and try to keep up with your buddies at the pub, you're gonna get sick and have a shitty time. You only get the intended affect from weed once you can control your high and aren't glued to a couch or laughing like a child. People who think weed makes you slow only think that because they are seldom smokers that will smoke a joint a few times a year and get high for 4 hours and feel a residual effect for days

Because vets often have PTSD and MDMA helps with that and weed doesnt

This. I was an anti weed faggot for the first 30 someodd years of my life before trying it and I regret it. In one moment I discovered that lazy apathetic losers are that way because they are lazy and apathetic and not because they smoke pot.

100% this.

I held my acid pretty well, was so so with shrooms. How does DMT compare to these?

He also looks like one of the dwarves from the hobbit movies

Well, I'm sold. You're definitely not an addict.

This dude looks like a friend of mine back in elementary school. We got in trouble so many fucking times.

You're tricking yourself into prostrating on your most difficult problems/challenges by tackling on the smaller ones. You're still being productive by doing this, but not as productive as you could be. Weed makes you content with that.

I was smoking weed every day while working a decent-pay internship 20 hours a week, and another paid internship that also counted as school credit. I was living with my gf a the time and our relationship was going down the shitter, weed made me repress it. I would almost always work on music production after smoking because it felt productive.

After stopping for 3 days, I became way more present to how and things had gotten between us and couldn't stand being there anymore. Broke it off and left. If I had stopped smoking earlier there was a chance I could've tackled on our problems, and even if it didn't work out (it probably would not have) I could've dealt with it in a better way.

all of a sudden? people have been working to legalize it for decades you ignorant fucking moron

I would if I had some seeds to plant and a nice patch of soil but alas these things I do not possess

You used the same argument against all other drugs because weed is a pure plant man. I guess it works for you.

You know nothing of the nature of the projects of which I speak. So Kys faggot.

This. It's just a dumb trope that people can't work hard and smoke weed.

How many people drink themselves stupid nightly but still hold a job or smoke a pack to get through the day?

People will use crutches regardless. If you have an experience around people you'll know that almost everyone has some sort of obsessive and relatively negative vice. It's an inevitable consequence of having the means to sustain said vice.

Of all the wasteful and stupid shit people do regularly and legally, weed is pretty low tier.

Because it is a safer recreational drug when compared to ethanol. Ethanol fuels 90% of crime.

I'm a vet with PTSD (why I brought this up) I've done both, wouldn't really want to do MDMA anywhere besides a music festival and am very aware that it's not good for you to use more than maybe 1-2x a month, if that. I smoke weed all of the time and it just makes me feel normal around civilians

>take a hit of 80% THC from my stoner cousin's vape
>wait 10 minutes
>nothing happens
>take another hit
>still nothing
Drugs are stupid.