Ratings for anti-Trump late-night comedies hit rock bottom

Kimmel, Colbert, and Meyers are destroying late-night comedy as we know it.
The three liberal hacks have become obsessed with pushing their anti-Trump agenda, and try to use comedy to force their liberal beliefs on us through shame and mockery.
Late-night comedy shows used to be light and fun, but now they’ve manifested into a non-stop reel of hate-filled political rants, and the ratings have suffered as a result.

While America was laughing at Twitter and watching YouTube videos, late night was slipping. Writing in the Transom, Ben Domenech of The Federalist points out that the late-night viewership of ABC, CBS, plus NBC this week barely broke 8 million viewers. Not long ago retired NBC funnyman Jay Leno was bringing in 6 million viewers all on his own.

What caused the network comics to start flopping? Obviously, the generational demographics and technological developments can't be discounted — millennials don't watch as much television, and if they do it's online or after the fact. Assuming those younger viewers aren't suddenly going to stay up late to watch broadcast TV, then maybe something else has to give.
But compare the late-night comedy numbers to Sean Hannity over at Fox News and Rachel Maddow at MSNBC. Those hacks don't tell jokes (at least not well, anyway) but they still bring in more views. Domenech points out that Hannity averaged 3.5 million viewers, Maddow another 2.65 million last week. (Granted, these shows air before 11 p.m.)
Perhaps the late-night lineup should consider dialing down the politics to keep the viewers they have and stop alienating the 63 million people who voted for Donald Trump. At the very least, it's worth a try.

washingtonexaminer.com/the-anti-trump-late-night-comedy-lineup-keeps-plummeting/article/2636734

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AkSZGXmuvIo
youtube.com/watch?v=R62uyfU_DBs
youtube.com/watch?v=nP635XWz2TU
twitter.com/ConanOBrien/status/738818895897894913
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

these late night shows were always driven by having celebrity guests and now that the days of the celebrity actors have seriously waned they are sitting on quicksand the degeneration of musical acts hasn't helped either

I happened to leave the tv on late one night as I was working and it was 80% or more about Trump. It seems like that's happening every night. All they did was edit what he said together to make him sound worse. TV is bad but this was pathetic.

I actually like fallen, he has mostly stayed Apolitical in the past but his jew overlords have forced his hand in recent months.

Weinstained

Overdosed gender fluid from the late night Hillary tampons

yukyukyukyuk

Why does Obama have the biggest nose in that picture?

Conan died for your sins

Noticed this too. If I watch it would be to have a laugh, turn off brain. Watching someone barely hold their contempt back while ranting on about what muh drumpf has done this week is so fucking ded. Trump could start killing kittens on the whitehouse lawn and I wouldn’t care at this point, I’m just tired of all the noise noise noise noise.

God. I miss Craig Ferguson.

>now they’ve manifested into a non-stop reel of hate-filled political rants,
Yeah you're going to notice that when your President is such a corrupt train wreck.

All jokes about jew noses aside, they really don't have that big noses compared to most caucasians. They have a somewhat distinct shape with the rounded end, but size wise they're normal. Black people on the other hand, absolutely massive.

>Host that thought he lost all viewers loses additional viewer he didn't know he had

I wonder why!?

What the fuck happened to Jimmy Kimmel? He used to be cool.

Speaking of which, why is he never doing these sort of rants? You'd think he'd be all about going 'meeeh fuck Trump'.

He takes jabs on Twitter, but he jabs on everything

Every fucking time. You just can’t help yourself from outing yourself can you jimmy? You’re an untalented hack, Adam Corolla drug youcaround on his large, massively funny balls. No one finds you funny, it was always and only Adam. Go crawl back under your bridge and fuck your daughter’s congenital birth defect with your tiny peen.

Conan tweeted that he thought hillary was a liar and wanted to vote for trump in the cali election i believe. But it seems to have been wiped off the face of the earth now. I should have saved it.

I can't believe all the shit they have him spewing about trump, its so bad i can't even stand to watch anything he does anymore.

Back on late night it was just silly shit and saying george bush looked like a chimp. Harmless.

I miss craig, fucking disgrace he got replaced by that unfunny gnome jew.

>déjà vu
>[dey-zhah voo, vyoo; French dey-zha vy]
>noun
>1. Psychology. the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time.
>2. disagreeable familiarity or sameness:
The new television season had a sense of déjà vu about it—the same old plots and characters with new names.

youtube.com/watch?v=AkSZGXmuvIo
I'm glad Conan isn't pulling shit to smear his past in retrospect.

>outdated format losing viewership
>broadcast television cant come up with good content
>Netflix and its ilk BTFO old media
shocked

>You just can’t help yourself from outing yourself can you jimmy?

He does but it's not his entire act

>ID: Cuck

I think Fallon is the least Anti-Trump of the three, and will be the first to crack. He only does it because his NBC bosses tell him to. Colbert seems to be the most hard-core in this libtard group, and Kimmel is somewhere in the middle.

Young people don't watch these shows. Old people don't want to hear the kike propaganda

Cuck

All I have to comment is, why are there so many "late night" variety shows over there?
How many is enough?
And the format and delivery is always identical, no innovation going on in this space at all.
>host in a suit comes on stage and delivers the opening monologue for a few minutes
>the monologue includes some jokes and observations about the daily events and tells the audience who tonight's guests and musical act are
>ad break, then interchange comedic skit segments with interview guests and ad breaks
>finish with musical act
They are all the fucking same and now to add to that they all have the same political outlook.
They used to play David Letterman show here and even that was pretty shit but at least you could get a few harmless giggles out of it, the man had a certain charm to him. I don't see the appeal of Colbert and co. at all.
I swear there's more of the late shows than there are british quiz-panel-comedy shows and they are out of fucking control.

>I don't see the appeal of Colbert and co.
He was fun until he went libshit retarded.
Progressism is as unfunny as it gets.

British quiz/panel shows are like a retirement home. Year life has to be pretty shit for you to be watching one.

Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel, Meyers, Corden... what a fucking pathetic slate of late night hosts we have now.

Norm MacDonald should be hosting the 12:30 show

I hope OP is right and not just telling us what we want to hear. I used to watch the Daily Shoah, but even back then when Bush was president, I never hated republicans or their ideals; I was self aware that sometimes you need a little of this and a little of that and that making changes on welfare programs meant increased debt that could not be undone easily.

However, this liberal attack on Trump really showed you their colors. These hollywood kike ran comedy men are not reasonable people, they are SJW antifa-lite that will damn your rights and constitution to have their way. It's really scary when the opposition can yell so loudly while denying you, your right to openly voice against them. That is what has lead to this republican man hunt in extremely liberal cities. They (kikes) have driven the left public into a frenzy, that they cannot even begin to accept needed and vital right wing views to running a successful government cause it would be admitting defeat.

If a country is rich, you spend, if it's poor, you save. Democrat spending, and republican consolidation. Nothing wrong with that.

That's a big reason why they're so political these days. They are trying to be politically provocative to draw the ever-shrinking pool of viewers their way.

lol that ID

At least most British comedians still have some talent/wit. John Oliver would be a total trainwreck if he ever tried going back to British tv, it's no wonder he works in America.

>Norm MacDonald should be hosting the 12:30 show

I give Norm MacDonald full credit for being the first to coin the phrase "Fake news". He was saying it in 1993:

youtube.com/watch?v=R62uyfU_DBs

Also his version of weekend update was the best version:

youtube.com/watch?v=nP635XWz2TU

>t. kikeshill proxied as strayan
Were on to your methods, false chosen one.

Good. There's a difference between lighthearted poking, as has usually been done with Obama, Clinton, and even Bush. And the pure hatred they spew out for Trump. And that shame and mockery aspect you mentioned is another huge reason. It's like these people just assume roughly half their viewers support Trump, and don't feel like being berated with insults every fucking day. And I'm sure there are people on the left that even get tired of the same old "jokes" week after week.

Comedy is offensive by nature. A politically correct comedy show that spouts political propaganda is an oxymoron.

>Forgot roughly half their viewers support Trump.

> Comedy is offensive by nature
People always say this. But it's not true. Because plenty of comedy isn't offensive. I mean comedy is just entertainment that provides humor. And humor can come from many sources whether slice of life themes, wordplay, circumstances, etc. Offensive comedy as it is usually referred to is essentially mockery. Which is just one way to make people laugh.

Cuck

>Covers Trump and virtue signals all day long
>Everyone gets tired and changes the channel or cuts cable altogether

There was a time you would see the occasional President joke but Liberal media has lost their heads and minds since the election. They may have lost the left forever.

Carolla carried the show. Jimmy has always just been a low-rent straight man who fully soul'd out with his latest marriage. Look at his wife. Look at her facial features. Kimmel went full shabbos goy.

Netflix is Jew owned frog boy.

God that show wasn't even that long ago in the grand scheme of things. It wasn't really all that racy but it's still hard to imagine a show like that airing nowadays.

Yeah, I watch sometimes and its at the point where I don't recognize 90% of the 'celebrity' guests. Colbert also has a tendency to bring in boring liberal political folks instead of fun celebrities which is just a fucking drag.

All in all Fallon has the best late night show on TV right now and his show is fucking retarded. Its like late night for children, and its still better than Colbert or Kimmel.

>be jimmy kimmel
>invites logan paul
>tries to make fun of logan but logan makes fun of you
>crowd laughs
i dislike these new popular youtubers, but it was hilarious

>Cuck

More has to do with that barely anyone watches or bothers with tv anymore now that the internet exists

well do us all a favor and watch him on hooktube til he gets better. I used to enjoy daily show even though I politically disagreed with Jon Stewart. He deserved his success because he was entertaining and not preaching to his audience. What we're seeing in 2017 is pathetic and I haven't given a single view to any of these fucks.

>cuck
KEK has really called you out, huh?

It wasn't that long ago when "Spike TV" (an America TV Network, for those who don't know) was promoted as the "First Network for Men" and was geared directly to the male demographic.

Humpdy Drumpfdy wanted a wall
Snooty Leftists had a big fall
All the kings horses
And all the kings men
Couldn't condition the public again

That woman on the right he interviews on the bench is fucking beautiful. I know she's just putting on an act but god damn. Who wouldn't want to wife that?

these guys are shit compared to carson. letterman and shit even chevy chase was better than all three and he sucked,
come to think of it, nig nog Arsenio Hall is superior to these three Cu cks

why?

Politics aside, it's just the endless Trump bashing. Like him or not, it's getting old and really fast. They've become one trick ponies.

He had a minor typo. Clearly he is a posting perfectionist.

They still admit to targeting the male audience though they don't advertise the fact as heavily as they used to.

WOW! Bashing Trump. How edgy controversial and rebellious to do something that every normie fucking basic bitch faggot does! Wow!

Bashing Trump is so safe and PC it appeals only to the lowest common denominator of society.

seen this coming for a while - it's getting so bad they have to force-feed people clips of their overwrought jokes on facebook because nobody fucking watches anymore.

death to the TV jew. teach your friends to torrent, kiddies.

American entertainment is an embarrassment today. Liberal cucks ruin everything they touch. I hope their shows tank further and bring their network enablers down with them.

I remember Spike had their own knock-off of the Man Show called the X Show.

The left is going to be so demoralized when they used every tactic they had. Every source of control being used in the media, the news, and education system to create non stop propaganda.
And then they still lose.

This. Stand back and watch it burn. They set fire to themselves a long time ago and have never recovered. It's too late for them.

Only Boomers watch TV. And Boomers are cucked, but cucked in a naive childish sense. These Marxist faggots aren't pandering correctly.

TV will die with the Boomer.

>nuflag faggot
>ID: cuck

apex kek. Onto the cross with you

Ratings don't matter.

They still operate as propaganda. Just like failing newspapers stay afloat only due to their usefulness to the Message.

Kimmel, Colbert will still be a major force for propaganda despite shit ratings because they get media and internet attention.

You most likely didn't watch Jimmy cry about guns live, but everyone knows what he said.

not just lose
>BE SMOTE DOWN UPON THEIR RUIN

ME TOO!!! Craigy Ferg was the best ever...
It was all about shitting on the format.

Shut up cuck

I am a bit OCD with spelling typos.

>exposed to gender fluid

>implying the name Barack isn't Jewish.
Come on now. Who really knows what that fucking mutt is actually?

so what about that other jew, connan obrien

too little too late, the writers already have 4 years worth of DRUMPF material written out and it'd cost a lot for a rewrite

It really is unbelievable isn't it? They had literally EVERY single advantage, and ALL the money they could ever need...and yet still they failed in such an unbelievably embarrassing way. I can't imagine what people will say half a century down the road.

Yeah, Norm is fucking hilarious and its a damn shame he didn't get the gig. I think its because he wouldn't be a puppet for the corporate shit these days.

Glad to see others appreciate him.

>death to the TV jew. teach your friends to torrent, kiddies.

I can't even watch Hollywood movies anymore. If there ever is a movie I desperately want to watch, I torrent. I don't wanna hand Hollywood any of my money.

Even the most extreme jizz gargling sjw gets tired of hearing the same smarmy anti-trump jokes every week night. At a certain this point they won't tune in but are content that their mantras are being chanted every night.

> (You)
>They still admit to targeting the male audience though they don't advertise the fact as heavily as they used to.

No doubt that they still advertise to the male demographic the most, but they are less vocal about it. It is interesting how slightly over a decade ago networks like Spike and shows like The Man Show wouldn't really raise much of en eyebrow. But now... "misogynist white supremacist!"

This. My parents are the only people I know who actively watch TV. I usually only throw it on as background noise while I browse online.

>basking in the iridescent glow of Adam Corolla makes you cool

Jimmy was to Adam exactly as Joe was to Doug: the untalented schmuck who brought in the low IQ crowd.

I'd consider buying cable again if I could get a Corolla/Stanhope Man Show.

MXC MOST EXTREME ELIMINATION CHALLENGE

This? twitter.com/ConanOBrien/status/738818895897894913

Fallon used to be registered as a republican before he moved to nyc for snl.

LMAO fucking cuck

The purpose of those late night shows is NOT to get ratings but social-condition the viewers. The aim to brainwash the viewer into a set mental reaction to a subject and to give the impression that the majority of their peers feel that way too (peer pressure).

guy la douche is pol approved

Shut up cuck

you just have to avoid the brainwashing cuck shows

This shit again.

>while America was laughing and Twitter and watching Youtube videos

And what the fuck do you suppose were they laughing at? Fucking cats still? No. They're making fun of Trump on the net now. TV ratings are falling everywhere, dumbass.

>Late Night White Guys:
>1. News montage
>2. Trump racist, White people suck
>3. Applause sign

It's literally the same fucking show, different name.

progressives can't be funny, everything is offensive and has to be political 24/7, I miss the days when Conan would make fun of Bush for being from Texas and kind of goofy.

>a Corolla/Stanhope Man Show
Oh man lets make it happen

Those noses are huge. I'm sorry that you are a mixed mulatto with a negro nose, user.

This photo is missing the late night puppet master and producer of The Late Show.

>White Guys:
you mean Jewish guys