Honest question

Honest question.

Are we supposed to discuss anime dubs here on Sup Forums or is there another board that is more fit for it?

I watch dubbed occasionally and I want to discuss what I like and don't like about X dub.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ILQ_pvI4AGI
myanimelist.net/profile/legatoredwinters
youtube.com/watch?v=yTkx1ZuiCZQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why did chestnut and monkey boy become atheists?

>dub

Get him

You can absolutely talk about dubs here but people will rightfully shit all over you and your conversation.

Admitting to watching dubs should be a bannable offense to be honest.

i'm currently watching the english dub of golden boy
fight me

You can talk about dubs but people will shit up your discussion because the general opinion is most dubs are shit.

If you want instead of making a meta thread you could have just started the discussion about good dubs or dubs that are people find more fitting than the original jap dub. Those threads pop up from time to time and hardly have any problems.

>Sup Forums
You're not much better than him.

Dubs are shit.

I agree that dubs are generally worse than the original audio, but dubs can be nice on rewatches as I don't have to pay as much attention to see what's going on. I can just have it on in the background.

You can post it here, you just have to ignore all of the f/a/gs that will shitpost in your thread. I've learned to enjoy it honestly.

There have been dubs that a lot of people prefer on Sup Forums since forever and the only people who say dubs were "never allowed" here and that people liking any of them is a result of some newfag invasion are either trolling or try-hard edgy kids who pretend to be oldfags

Dubs are better than subs in more cases than you think. Go ahead and make dub threads,just ignore the handful of elitists in the first 20 replies and you'll be fine.

This. It's a legitimate topic, but 90% of Sup Forums would rather derail a dub thread.

Anyway. The vast majority of English dubs really are awful, but in some story settings they're more appropriate.

There's alot of good dubs out there, more so then what most sub elitist would have you believe. That being said there are plenty of dubs that are TERRIBLE, but there are many that range from tolerable, to acceptable, to great. I watch alot of dubs, and even prefer them in most instances, but I have no problems with watching subs either.

I feel like most of the sub elitists operate off of this older mentality from the late 80s and early 90s when the environment of the anime dubs in America was very different and the vast majority of dubs then were of less than acceptable quality.

Overall I would say that the quality of English dubs peaked at around 2007-ish. That was around the time of Red Garden and Le Chevalier D'Eon (ADV) and Ergo Proxy (Funimation) and even The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya and the movie (Bandai), all of which had fantastic dubs; I'd even go as far as saying that Ergo Proxy has one of the best dubs ever. (Wasn't Highschool of the Dead around about that time too? That also had a superb dub.)

ADV started out really rough because they were owned and operated by fans; a love of anime and any slightest bit of experience with protools and you're in. It wasn't until Macek came in and showed them how dubs are really supposed to be done that the quality of their dubs went way up.

Overall, considering the entire span of the companies, I'd say that Bandai had the overall highest quality dubs.

The stuff that Funimation is doing now is okay-ish, the problem is that they have to push them out way too fast and they keep using the same VAs WAY too frequently.

>discussing not the anime itself but the dub belonging to it

That's pretty sad desu.

This picture contains all the shows i have seen. The shows marked with red dont have a dub, so i watched them subbed. Shows marked with green are the ones i have only seen dubbed. Shows marked with yellow are shows that i have seen both subbed and dubed (either because the dub was not out yet or because it was back when i was just starting and gave subs a chance).

I find it interesting how i enjoy anime more when it is dubbed (also i am not american). It just want my watching expirience to ontain the following things: The visuals and the audio + dialogue. I want to hear what the characters are saying. I dont want to listen to the dialogue in some language i dont understand and pretend that it i amazing. Also, i really like the dub voice actors.

Also, once i watch a show dubbed, i never want to hear it in japanese. It always sound so unnatural when i hear it again in japanese.

Thank you for showing everyone how much of a fucking casual pleb you are.

Lurk more before posting on Sup Forums.

It's just some autist baiting people.

Post dubs that are miles better than the original:

youtube.com/watch?v=ILQ_pvI4AGI

actually, this is not bait.

myanimelist.net/profile/legatoredwinters

youtube.com/watch?v=yTkx1ZuiCZQ

I like these dubs

These dubs are very fun, but somewhat unconventional.

>Lurk more before posting on Sup Forums.
Ah, le lurk more meme.

You can discuss dubs, but you have to deal with a lot of shitposting.

There are some great dubs. Bebop, Castle of Cagliostro, FLCL, Azumanga (most of it), GitS: SAC and 2nd GIG...I haven't watched many since I stopped buying and started streaming/downloading, though.

Funny as fuck

>AW SHIT.