Does anyone else think this season is actually kinda awesome?

Does anyone else think this season is actually kinda awesome?

New Game! is the cutest thing since sliced Milk
Konobi is a romcom with actual comedy and good humour, the likes of which we haven't had for years.
BONES is actually doing justice to an adaptation for once, and it's a solid comedy-action series
The obscure adaptation of a modern literary classic has its second season airing, and it's a great plot-driven action/drama series.
Ange Vierge, the postmodern symphogear, is promising to be every bit as stupid as it needs to be, and offers 2 bath scenes per episode and corruption pandering
The classic VN everybody cried to is finally, at long last getting the adaptation nobody dared hope for
And RE: Zero is serving as the best crossboard containment series since Aldnoah

I can't remember the last time we had a season this good

Macross and JoJo are great this season too, and best Delta girl won.

What have you dropped?

I dropped all the fujoshit.

I couldn't even make it through the first episode of Handa-kun before dropping it. What the fuck did they do to that series? Who actually, unironically begins the pilot episode with like a 10-minute long 4th-wall breaking gag? They drew out every unfunny joke way too damn long
I'm actually kinda thankful that trash studios like diomedea are wasting their time with fujoshit instead of competing with the actually good stuff.

Which one is the literary classic again?

Spring was 10 times better but I'm enjoying this season.

Spring has the better shows but Summer has no bad shows that I'm watching but none that you give a fuck about 2 months later.

Am I the only one bothered by this Symphogear-Ange Vierge comparision? I mean, AV completely misses the use of music/singing for a start. I honestly don't see why they are similar other than batshit crazy and fun, in which case you could also compare it to about two dozen other shows.

Nah I think it's a bit silly of a comparison as well. Regardless of what OP says though, aside from 91 Days, AV's anime original plotline is probably the one I'm most interested in following.

They're along the same lines of all-girl sci-fi action combat series with low production values, silly, ridiculous stories and characters, and tonnes of genre conventions borrowed from sentai, toku and mahou shoujo despite not quite being any of them.

Plus it draws in yurifags just like Symphogear did.

I can only wish that Ange Vierge had a character with the power of song.

>tonnes of genre conventions borrowed from sentai, toku and mahou shoujo despite not quite being any of them.
I don't think this really applies to AV so far, but I can accept that I'm wrong.
I see where you are coming from, but to me Symph is an ad for pop singers, who cost a lot and thus the anime didn't have big budget, while AV is an ad for a mobage which doesn't need to sell so it doesn't get proper budget any way. Kinda like ZBL.

And unless I'm mistaken, AV is also lacking Nana.
But it'll get there, I'm sure. I have faith we'll get at least 1 insert song before the end.

Not to mention Love Live Sunshine is better than I think most people expected. Definitely better than the first series, at least as good as 765 im@s as far as idol shows go.

I hope we get songs, that would make the show much better. I still love it though.
Aoi is in it, but I don't think they will add any big name singers. And if I'm not mistaken they already took out some that were in the game.

>The obscure adaptation of a modern literary classic has its second season airing, and it's a great plot-driven action/drama series.
What?

>postmodern

>Konobi is a romcom with actual comedy and good humour, the likes of which we haven't had for years.
I'm interested

Be aware, Colette is pure sex. Prepare some tissue.

Is this the game where we post vague descriptions of literally who anime and have other people guess them?

>Who actually, unironically begins the pilot episode with like a 10-minute long 4th-wall breaking gag?

My problem with this season is that there is no anime that I am really looking forward looking. There a lot of good anime, but nothing that makes me go crazy waiting for a new episode.

You forgot to mention Amanchu, and Battery is pretty good too.

I usually don't follow seasonal anime, this season I follow Love Live Sunshine and New Game, both of which I enjoy a lot.
Kinda annoying to have to wait every week, so if I want more cute girls I'll probably pick up an old anime I haven't seen yet rather than start something else, because I don't watch that much anime, so I have many anime with cute girls left to watch without being forced to watch currently airing stuff.

I wish Handa-kun was one sixth as fun as Osomatsu was

I've got Amanchu on my list, I've heard it's the savior of class-S yuri and the screenshots give me Aria vibes.

I feel fucking drained out after last season. Anne Happy, Luluco, Tanaka-kun, Flying Witch, Kuma Miko, Agetarou, Bakuon; all gone now. I feel like Mob Psycho 100 is the only show I can care about this season. Taboo Tattoo and Regalia have been okay for some dumb fun, but Mononokean and Alderamin are pretty much the only others that I've touched. I even have some first episodes downloaded, but no appetite. I did give Masou Gakuen HxH a shot, but all I could think was how much I would have preferred to just watch Hundred again.

>the screenshots give me Aria vibes
Of course it does. It's the same director doing an adaptation of a manga by the same author.

It's probably AOTS for me.

Last season was better.