What do you do when anime starts to really suck

I've been watching anime close to 10 years now and have well over 300 on my completed, I know it's not a lot compared to some people but I feel like I'm starting to run out. I watch a few shows every season that air and normally complete them but lately I'm just losing interest. I took a break and read manga for a while but that didn't really help. What do you guys do when you feel this way? Pic related, last anime I remember genuinely enjoying.

Quit watching anime?

I started reading some LN. They aren't literary masterpieces, but are enjoyable enough for anyone that likes anime.

That or OP can just kill himself

Why do we have these fucking threads everyday? Ok you're jaded we get it fuck off.

Watch more anime.

The only one I've read and really liked was Mushoku Tensei but I've been thinking of checking Utsuro no Hako to Zero no Maria out

300 in ten years? Jesus you don't even know anime.

Why not just read actual literature instead of trading in anime for bottom of the barrel anime garbage now in written form.

Congratulations, you grew up. Now, find another hobby

Stop watching, or explore new genres. I've been watching anime for half as long as you, and I've seen more. Watch more shit, or find something else.

I just take a break until l'm in the mood again to watch more anime.

Neck yourself

That's only series not counting OVAs or movies and stuff but it feels like a lot, I''ve watched almost everything from Sup Forums rec charts and they were mostly decent but there aren't any recent ones I could find

unless you're a complete bottom feeder (which alot of people here probably are) once you've seen about 200 anime you've probably watched all the ones that interest you
I suggest moving on to some other interest

I do, but I have the same problem with lit you can only read so much high fantasy before it all feels like the same story

>High fantasy
>Literature
Jesus. Just stick to your trashy LN you fucking plebeian.

Shinsekai yori was garbage like your taste

Most YA stuff isn't any better, and I don't like reading ONLY 19th century Russian authors or whatever you might consider good literature. There's nothing wrong with reading LNs. Especially good to wind down after other readings.

I liked it but I guess it just comes down to preference. I really liked the OST and world building, it's the only series I watched through more than once

Watch more? Not like I would stop watching new stuff unless my attention was completely focused on something else. Even then I don't think I could just not watch anything from a new season.

I've been reading the Mistborn series, I'm not sure if it's YA but its excellent. The kind of thing I would kill to see an anime adaption of, it just seems perfect for it.

watch hentai nigga

>10 years
>Only 300 anime
Holy shit
How long is you backlog?

Okay, last time I ask Sup Forums for advice. Not that I expected much

There's an advice board you fucking fagoo. I came here to bully you for being a casual and you're gonna like it.

>well over 300 on my completed
Get gud.

DO YOU EVEN FAP OP

>over 300
How much over? Because there are exactly 400 objectively entertaining anime that are worth your time. You might be almost done actually. Did you watch ChaCha yet? Don't though.

Having watched more than you, I'm watching >10 shows per season. Playing a low concentration game at the same time is what enables it.

This. I do that in a single year.

>Did you watch ChaCha yet?
>Don't though.
This shit taste.

Go watch all the highly recommended Non Japanese cartoon movies. There's like less than 50 of them and are all less than 2 hours long so it won't take you long.
Get into world literature and films

Wrong chacha bruh.

You're on threshold between dropping anime/manga and watching it without pretending it's something elite for mature people like you and just enjoying the ride.

There's barely any modern authors and their series worth to read and they can write only so much, and everything old and interesting was read long ago. Also, LNs cover spectrum which barely touched by anybody else, if at all.

>watching jap cartoons for 10 years
>only 300 completed

Take a break from anime and manga altogether.

Maybe the anime you're watching isn't what you're looking for. Maybe anime was never the medium for you. Maybe you're a faggot. Who knows?

>I've been watching anime close to 10 years now and have well over 300 on my completed

What the fuck, nigga. There's a whole world of anime out there waiting for you. Maybe if you weren't so busy shitposting, you could watch it.

Cool blog dude

I'm at 2 years and I only just hit 100. That was a fluke too, because usually I don't watch airing anime.

Try reading the Skulduggery Pleasant series. Urban fantasy, Western, but they're filled to the brim with anime-esque tropes. They have the same feel as LNs for me, but are written so much better. Only problem is that if you want own them physical you have to import from Britain, since the books past 3 were never printed in the US I believe.

Please don't use SSY for your shitposting blog thread.

Start watching more western TV

Rewatch the shows you liked/forgot/haven't seen for 6+ years.

I've only been watching anime for 3 years but I have 600 on my completed list, you just need to realize that most anime is shit and you only remember the good ones so well because of how rare it is for anime to be good.

Manga also allows for a much, much larger variety in stories, settings, characters, etc. Reading a great manga can be even more enjoyable than watching a good anime.

Is that Digimon?

Started in '03, have about 180 completed titles, and 50 dropped, mainly because I have always been very picky, and there's hardly been anything worth watching for the last couple of years -- far too much beta-male faggotry going on. Last year was a backlog and rewatch year, apart from the continuing JoJo. This year has been a bit better, though.

I just didn't feel the need to announce it on Sup Forums, though.

>there's hardly been anything worth watching for the last couple of years
>Is that Digimon?
This is what happens when you're too picky. You miss out on many potentially good shows. Well this one isn't a masterpiece but it's solid and unique.

Every season I watch at least one episode of almost every new show to not miss anything. Relying on other people's opinions is unreliable. I've relied on opinions gathered from browsing Sup Forums for years and it doesn't work well at all.

I respectfully disagree. It was better than your average anime.

Also, the book is really good.

Sounds like you like anime but never made it life choice. You're suppose to go deep, that means categorizing your favorite shows, watching the ones with your fav seiyuu performs in. You go towards the light novels that will eventually become manga and anime to notice the trends 2-3 years ahead.

You download your fav. stuff for archival purpose because it wouldn't take much to make it impossible to find later on in life.

You'd have your own chart, done the yearly seasonal dip and make sure you've hit off the classics, figured out your type of fav. genre and research the shows you've done.

Really it's about being serious of your hobbies, not even to autistic levels but being less of a lazy shit about it.

When you start archiving doujins as well you won't have any time to spare for a couple of years.

Anyways for people that don't have Terrabytes like the majority of Sup Forums + stream culture there's nothing that can be done for you.

Even tracking down scans of artbooks will keep you busy for a while.

>tfw you have completed 340 titles and 90% of them are from the last 5 years
I should really take time to finally watch all the classics.

I never watched any Digimon, so it didn't seem worth trying to start with the recent "ten years after" nostalgia reboot, and similarly for other long-running franchises like Macross.

After all these years, I find that assuming that Sup Forums never talks about good anime is the best way to go. Sorting the remaining series into shit and good is then fairly easy, after all the mediocrities have been eliminated.

It's not Digimon.

>watching anime close to 10 years
Opinion discarded.

Backlog something that interests you.

I rotate between anime/manga, vidya and masturbation. You can never get bored of the holy trinity unless you're some kind of normalfag.

If only.

>no music
>no books
>no studying something
More the holy trinity of a dumb pleb

Google actually identified it for once, and the only decent show from the fall '12 season (which is more than a couple of years ago) was JoJo.

SSY failed the 3 episode test for me -- I gather I got off before it gave up storytelling and went for full on infodumping instead.

that user is right, you memer fag

>10 years now and have well over 300 on my completed
Literally drink some acid

Check out back catalog?

Sometimes theres a few good shows you missed.

>10 years
Lurk more

Drop 95% of a season.

There's only one episode with an info dump in the early part of the show. But whatever, it's easy to find something to dislike about it and drop it. There's no way you would watch it to the end.

counting series as a metric is for worthless MAL flotsam that filtered down here somehow

is the only one here who doesn't come across as completely clueless

If you haven't watched at least 200 tv anime and 100 movies/ova I don't want to hear your opinion about anything anime related.
If you're going to talk about undesirable visitors from other sites you should start your sentences with a capital letter.

Watch RE:ZERO

no..that makes him wants to drop

Thank god I'm not watching this great series weekly with Sup Forums. Probably I will drop it at episode 7 or at Gay scene if so.

At least you have good taste

Find another hobby.

>300 on my completed
I've only started watching anime just two years ago and I've nearly reached 300. Honestly it gets shit after watching at least a hundred shows. Just rewatch the shows you did like and give up watching new anime altogether.

Try different genre of anime. Try new things you never watched before like : drama (91 Days), fantasy (Mahoutsukai no Yome: Hoshi Matsu Hito), fujoshit (B-Project), yaoi (Super lovers), slice of life (Amaama to Inazuma). Those are just examples. If you watch too much shounen/seinen stuff you notice how battles are formulaic, story with shitty writing, too many cliches and watching those anime becomes very boring.

I've seen over 500 and I only started struggling. I've seen practically everything that fits my biggest interests, expanded my horizons, picked up a lot of manga, and STILL find series to watch.
Try watching Kamen Rider or something

>over 300 confirmed anime