Character devolves from badass pyromaniac religious crusader to babysitter

>Character devolves from badass pyromaniac religious crusader to babysitter

>Fairies are Genies

>Monkey kid has plot armor

>Little witch is bland

>Casca was once leader of a great mercenary band but developed autism from demon cum, because even though Guts was raped at a young age and went through the same shit, he is not weak because he has a dick

>Serpico is useless despite being second best fighter in the group

>art gets worse over time

>nothing is happening

Why the fuck is this considered the best manga of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_(literature)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because retards mistook pulp adventure for some kind of masterpiece.

Miura grew up and stopped being an edgy teenager

People thought mediocre art meant a good story.

>guts

>>>>>religious

0/10

He's talking about Farnese.

You have the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader and should kill yourself.

Come now user. Getting a jolly dicking from magical negro is not the same as getting mind and ass raped by a literal Demi God and his army of grotesque demons

Name a better manga.

Nothing has 10/10 story, characters, and art. Nothing can properly world build and develop complex characters.

Are you talking about Monster?
If not, you surely aren't talking about current Berserk that lost many layers of depth and became an adult shonen

Honestly, only the Golden age arc is worth reading. It is downright Shakespearean. The monster of the week shit is no better or worse than Shonen crap. Guts is your average ISTP anti-hero no different from every action and western protagonist. Casca is a fucking embarrassment. I've never seen comic relief forced this hard before, I mean I'm not going to fucking chuckle two panels after a rotting corpse hangs from a tree--fuck you puck.

Phoenix

Monster is garbage. Berserk is pretty good overall.

>Name a better manga.
So you can take the rec and make it the tenth manga you've read? No thanks.

This "Berserk is everyone's first manga" meme needs to die.

Guts is a cool guy eh fights demons and doesn't afraid of anything

>meme
It's popular as shit, user. Many, many people who barely read manga have read it, and this is especially true for current Sup Forums thanks to the anime drawing more attention from retarded crossboarders.

It's pretty accurate, though. It's an immensely well-known manga with mainstream appeal, and you can see the consequences of this with how alien the threads seem compared to most of Sup Forums.

>Monster is garbage
>Berserk is pretty good overall

Have you ever read manga?
Berserk included

>it's not edgy anymore so its bad

I've read all of Berserk up to date and dropped Monster about 40 chapters in, if that's what you're asking.

>The monster of the week shit is no better or worse than Shonen crap.

You referring to the apostles?

Does Miura hate women?

Not unless you don't consider idols women. Nigga loves his iM@S.

You haven't even read the whole manga and yet pretend to be right lol

Yeah. Naoki's strength is art and characters. Dude can't pace a story.

Christ, this. Guts is the same pun machine he's always been, just now we have a brief respite and for once there's at least a glimmer of hope that Casca could return to normal within the volume.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tone_(literature)

Miura has been taking breaks to play Idolmasters for the past few years, what tone is that?

I know you probably thought linking that Wikipedia article was really clever, but it's talking about literature, as in text, specifically.

I have never read Berserk so I do not understand the appeal to it and cannot offer any feedback to the comment you made.

Then fuck off, we're full.

Quality burst through the fucking roof when that guy turned into Shiva.

I think considering what the story is about, it has gone on way too long. It should've bowed out like Fullmetal Alchemist.

This story does not need more than 300 chapters to tell.

>tfw berserk be done by mappa but it's linden films for the next 40 years

>Casca was once leader of a great mercenary band but developed autism from demon cum, because even though Guts was raped at a young age and went through the same shit, he is not weak because he has a dick

You do realize hundreds of demons penetrated her every hole, used her for like 20 minutes, before one of the men she loved and trusted raped her and impregnated her with his demon dick. Anyone who gets raped by 6-10 foot long soda can sized dicks would go insane after the first 5 minutes excluding maybe some of the autistic users of Sup Forums who shove things in their ass.

>excluding maybe some of the autistic users of Sup Forums who shove things in their ass

T-that's a perfectly normal fetish, user, you don't have to be mentally ill to enjoy a good dildo

keep telling that to yourself gaylord

>you don't have to be mentally ill to like putting things the size of soda cans in your ass

Mine's about the width of a 200 ml soda can, and three cans tall.

You simply don't know how good it feels and you reject it.

Miura is a really great artist, but you can tell Berserk's story and characterization went to shit the moment he stopped copying Devilman/Violence Jack.

I'm pretty sure Miura is just the type of guy who just throws whatever he thinks is cool at the time into his manga, hence the Idol M@ster influence.

P.S. Griffith is literally Ryo Asuka/Satan.

So he is Tarantino

Hey now, we're not trying to insult the guy

> Griffith is literally Ryo Asuka
Not really, no.

The Golden Age was great, I think everyone would agree.

>best manga of all time?

Eh. There isn't really any point to calling something the "greatest x of all time"

Berserk manages the Hero's Journey in a grim setting with nice high fantasy elements and amazing creature design.

But it is no JoJo's Bizarre Adventures.

Holy crap, I can't believe it took me so fucking long to realize that the chants in "Blood and Guts" were saying "Blood and Guts". For years I thought they were saying "Das Man" (Heidegger), and I was slightly amazed that that they got psychology terms in the song, and especially HeidEGGer's. Come on, the dude has "egg" in his name! Why didn't they go with this instead?

Notice that the good anime only adapted the Golden Age arc, as did the THREE movies that came out.

Everyone has already figures out that the Golden Age arc is the only good part. And for what it is, it's brilliant. It's grim and a bit dark without being edgy, has solid characters, is interesting, has good fight scenes and we actually see Guts and Griffith evolve as friends and characters. This makes the betrayal sting all the more: we don't see random mooks get backstabbed, but the characters we've grown to love. We feel Guts' pain in this betrayal.

The problem is that the follow-up was shit.

Miura obviously planned that shit out. I don't think he knew where to go from there.

>Berserk
>10/10 story, characters, and art
Berserk is babby's first manga-tier

The fact that posts like still pops up all the time is a pretty strong indicator that it's not a meme.

When did you drop Berserk?
For me it was Volume 26. I don't feel like I'm missing anything honestly.

>RB will never EVER get a modern anime adaption
Why do they hate us?

I've been motivated to start reading the Berserk manga.

I've watched the "Golden Age" anime, loved it, and a few episodes of the new CGI anime and felt it was finally time to read it.

>Puck has healing powers

This is actually pretty fucking gay and I want to stop reading already. All this time I felt there was a sense of weight to Guts being injured, but now you're telling me that his personal companion elf fairy can just mend his wounds after every fight? I'm so disappointed that they went this route. I feel certain that Guts is going to acquire some plot device that enhances his powers more, but what is even the point of something cool like that anymore?

are you fucking kidding me?

Berserk is basically the ultimate teenage fantasy. It's great at what it does, which is being a dark and edgy fantasy story, but it sure as shit sin't the best at anything other than that.

If Miura had wanted to write any form of meaningful story it would have ended after the Golden Age or shortly after. The fact that it has continued on has only drawn out what thematic impact it had going for it.
I don't mind that we got to see Guts' further adventures and I like the new journey and the party he has build up, but narrative-wise it's lost all of its momentum.

Recently I read pic related and it was probably one of the best stories in manga I've read. The most surprising thing was that it actually ended after the story had concluded. No hurried ending because it had been cancelled, no infinite hiatus because the author lost ending and no drawn-out development because popularity forced it to continue on until it turned to shit. It simply ended when the story was told.
I a shame you so rarely see that in manga.

Right after Conviction. It's the last good arc in the series, the rest is unworthy trash.

Can't wait for the new anime to ravage Conviction's dignity.

That would actually be pretty baller.
Never knew I wanted it until now.

Conviction is pretty shitty too though.

Mozgus' disciples were cool villains.

Don't worry Op, i'm sure that miura is going to throw another eclipse and send guts right into ultimate despair and completely annihilate griffith and his army while dying in the process

His healing powers aren't the end of the series, they basically just help surface woulds and take pain away. You -won't- be seeing Puck heal any chopped off limbs and such.

Minor spoilers:
Guts does get some upgrades, yes, but to me it never felt bullshit- it always feels like it's just him struggling to keep up with all the bullshit he's facing, while almost always walking away barely victorious in a bloody heap.

Idolm@ster is a cancer.

There's a new game coming out too....should we be worried about another hiatus?

I dunno, the Berserk armor is a pretty bullshit upgrade.

>The good anime
love that meme
>It's old so it's good

Because manga is a terrible medium. I would say that Phoenix or Nausicaa are better than Berserk but they are still not perfect 10/10.

Even certain Western comic books have more depth than so called great manga.

He actually just stopped caring.

>People complain that Berserk isn't the exact same shit it has always been
You would complain if it was, too.

It's surprising how little the Japanese know or care about the outside world.

>Because manga is a terrible medium
look at this FAGGOT!
LOOK AT HIM AND LAUGH!

>draw in teenagers with rape and gore scenes
>hook hundreds of thousands of impressionable teens
>they all think it's good
>it was never good
And now you are stuck in that loop where Miura will never end it, but wants to keep it going for no reason. Hopefully it gets HxH'd soon before someone stabs Miura in his retirement home.

>so called great manga.
He true problem is that manga is so popular that there's an abundance of shit taste. That leads to good, but flawed series like Berserk to get hailed as the "greatest manga".

There's a plenty of 10/10 manga out there.
Not that Sup Forums reads them though.

Same as America or any other nation with an abundance of native media.

It's worse in Japan. Even "mature" series like Monsters are full of shit. It seems like manga artists don't care about politics, economy, culture or anything that shapes our real world.

About a month ago I bought the first Tankobon because a "friend" recommended it to me and I had heard good things about it. Boy, what a piece of shit it was. If you want to read a edgelord manga at least do it right and get Gantz or Hokuto no Ken.

Name all those 10/10. Manga like Punpun, Vinland Saga and Vagabond are not 10/10.

And "immature" shounen series like Hunter X Hunter makes comment about despotic nation-states war-crimes. What's your point?
There are plenty manga that comments on international subejcts if you bothered to read beyond entry-level shit.

>veiled rec

>THINLY

>makes comment about despotic nation-states war-crimes
Very deep.

>There are plenty manga that comments on international subejcts if you bothered to read beyond entry-level shit.
Then please name it. Something at least as well written as Watchmen.

How can you sleep at night, pussy?

>Manga like Punpun, Vinland Saga and Vagabond are not 10/10.
No shit. They're 7/10 at best.
What's the point of this? Do you want to have a dick-measuring contest or something? No matter what I pick you'll pretend you've read it and call it shit.

I recently read Imperial Guards, which was petty amazing if you really need a recommendation.

>Something at least as well written as Watchmen.
My diary is as well written as Watchmen.
Sure you don't want to raise the stakes a bit?

And what does it matter? This was a response to " how little the Japanese know or care about the outside world.".
Try and keep on fucking track.

>Koukoku no Shugosha is an adaptaion of Satou Daisuke's alternate-history war novels by the same title.
How about something original?

>Moving the goalpost
Next you'll say Godfather isn't a great movie because it's not "original".

Checked. Miura confirmed a hack

Berserk is entertaining, its not a 10/10, or even a 9/10, but its a good exploitation dark-medieval manga with detailed art and overall interesting plot.
It is really overrated, and that from a fan.

/thread

Isma a cute

They really need to stop adding a new character every few issues...
Most of the time the are literally just standing around in the background.