Our Lord Jesus Christ

I have zero clue what denomination to subscribe to, I don’t know which version of the Bible to read, all I know is my devotion to Jesus Christ. Which version of the Bible is recommended/the original, and does denomination or even going to a church matter?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_theology
amazon.com/ESV-Study-Bible-Personal-Size/dp/143353083X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507621994&sr=8-1&keywords=ESV STUDY BIBLE
youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0
youtube.com/watch?v=LTbksEC2xVc&index=4&list=PL13eE2x3qhPmDJCPm9F2cjckCUdUSubU1
calvarychapeltheology.com/Resources/The_Dark_Side_of_Calvinism.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=vh0lojdYXw8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Read the text in the original languages, if you can, otherwise get an AKJV.
Become either an orthodox or non-denominational Christian.

NKJV is also good translation. Buy some book from amazon from Andrew Farley (especially "God without religion"). You shell not regret.
Basic traps in Christianity are legalism (work based religion), Calvinism and Charismatic/ Pentecostal movements.

Salvation is by grace through faith and walk as a christian is also by grace through faith.

Skip the Orthodox (meaning Eastern) and Roman Catholicism as much as possible. These are just dead religions confused with Judaism (they got stuck in the Old Covenant not understanding the Finished Work of Christ).

Thats what matters OP!

No. Follow the Bible (KJV and your language if you are foerign) and don't be like Catholicucks who are pedos and Orthocucks that dress like pharisees.

Zarathustra > Jesus

According to OP's digits and the truth you are wrong.

Concerning church. Bible defines church as group of born again people not a building nor an worldlike organization.

You are part of this group automatically by virtue of being born-again.

Local church is local group of people on the earth. You need ONLY good local church with good grace oriented pastor-teacher.

If local church is legalistic and not Christ oriented but works oriented avoid it. It is for worse not for better to attend such a place.

Orthodox

Praise Kek Jesus christ is a kike on a stick. Its a jewish psy op.

No. Kek might be though.

All of the early church fathers (the people who were taught by the Apostles themselves) preached about adhering to the traditions handed down by the Apostles. They practiced this by adhering to the concept of Apostolic succession. basically, if any contemporary religious figure is to be taken seriously, they MUST be able to prove their spiritual lineage from one of the Apostles. This means they must be able to trace their line of initiation back to one of the Twelve plus Paul. If they cannot do this, then according to the standards of the earliest Christians, they cannot be considered legitimate priests, pastors, bishops, elders, etc.

This limits you to essentially three schools of Christian thought: Catholic, Orthodox, or Anglican.

None of them trace to apostolic fathers u nigger.

Except they do you illiterate.

They absolutely do NOT. The only thing that is tied to the apostles is their writings. Therefore Eastern Orthodox and Catholics (Romish or Anglican) are man-made judaized religions. Read something in the New Testament about judaizers. Especially Acts 15 and Halation.

Correct. Galations

The Filioque is heresy, papal supremacy is a lie.
> B E G O M E O R D O D O X

Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy is demonic judaized religion.

Popes were historically sexual perverts and rich and power obsessed individuals.

Pope Francis is a good modern day example of such a pervert. Look for yourself. He is from Latin America and theologically he is adherent of so called Liberation Theology - mix of communism and catholic bs.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberation_theology

They claim it on faith.

I-I this that a shadow of the Sup Forums clover in his halo?

jesus

RIP

Nah he's ok. He has insurance.

How about stop being religious

yea obamacare

Not really, it's pretty well documented.

Lamsa Bible

what does pope francis have to do with orthodoxy? you are spreading lies and/or ignorance, the work of the evil one

Going to church has helped me immensely. Noones talking about homos cutting their dicks off, and whoring themselves. Everyone is quietly trying to get closer to living peacefully like god. It reminds me im not the only one out there trying to do better.

Orthodoxy is the truest and purest doctrine from as it was handed down by Christ and his apostles. Anything else is still distant from the truth.

Roman Catholicism didn't exist until 1054. Protestantism and any of its varieties didn't exist until the 16th century. A great distance of time between the time of Christ and its existence- Orthodoxy has existed since then and until now.

>Ywn carry your sword into battle to secure the Holy land
Why even pray?

The best version is the original in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. If you want a more literal translation in English than go with the New American Standard Bible (NASB), the King James Version (KJV), and the English Standard Version (ESV). A more flowing translation is the New International Version (NIV), and even more loose is the Phillips Translation and the Living Bible.

I highly recommend the ESV study bible here: amazon.com/ESV-Study-Bible-Personal-Size/dp/143353083X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1507621994&sr=8-1&keywords=ESV STUDY BIBLE

Jesus didnt tell soldiers to put down the sword, he said not to abuse their power. Yet can living and dying by the sword be good in gods sight? I dont know honest question.

>Orthodox church is literally Emperor/Tsar's bitch.
>Changes dogma as dictated by political pressure.
>Split off from the church due to political pressure because the pope refused to suck the emporer's cock.
>Reeeeee we are 1000% pure because we say so.

>Which version of the Bible is recommended
KJV only.

youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

>does denomination or even going to a church matter
I think it's important for Christians to be organised in order to teach future generations about God, and because we are all under attack from within and without.

>roman catholicism
only acceptable if you're SSPX/Sede, otherwise you're just as much of a faggot as evangelical protties, and orthodoxy is still better.

jesus's teachings closely resemble buddhism, which makes sense, jesus has no records age 14-29, performed miracles 29-33, no body found at death
dude names Al-Hazen came from the west age 14-29 learned buddha's teachings and returned age 33 died ~80, buried N-S (jew tradition) not E-W (indian tradition) (or vice versa), on csarcophagus, carvings of hands and feet with big marks representing nails of the crucifixtion
crucifixtions often last days, jesus's ended after 3 hours when he was knocked out with a white opium solution (the "vinegar" in the bible)
there is no omnipotent entity that decides what will be, jesus was recussitated, not ressurected, and escaped back to india. People in that kashmir region say "yes, al-hazen is jesus"
in hindu culture fighting is perfectly fine if it's for the right reasons, nonviolence is not essentially a part of buddhism or hinduism, but unjustified violence certainly is
of course constantine and the conquerers were just warlords who didnt truly understand jesus's teachings, and therefore their killings were not justified
maybe that cleared things up a tad

>Sectarianism is a sin
>Bible gateway has literally every version of Bible
>Strong's Concordance best in world

Why would you need someone else to tell you what to believe about Jesus and how He wants us to live?

>Roman Catholicism is literally Emperor's bitch.
>Changes dogma as dictated by political pressure.
>Split off from the church due to changes in theology due to barbarian invasions and cucking themselves to the pope
>Later developed toxic ideology like Jesuits
>Infilitrated by Freemasons
>Vatican II allows for clown masses and acoustic guitars
>Current Pope is a globalist shill
>Literally cucked.

>Jesus is a dead kike and AI waifubots are the inevitable future of humanity.
How do I BTFO this user?

>moloch scepter
Zarathustra is a deception.

Both dress like pharisees.

English Bibles besides KJV are ungodly perversions.

Buddhism is Satanic and stop blaspheming Christ. Repent!

>Comprehensive history of the reformation and Catholic heresy.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF170B126002E7CB0

>this is video 4 to a good series, copy/past for the complete thing
youtube.com/watch?v=LTbksEC2xVc&index=4&list=PL13eE2x3qhPmDJCPm9F2cjckCUdUSubU1

I'm leaving, because I'm tied and these threads are cancerous pits of shit-slinging confusion and cultural-Catholics who jerk off to traps while drunkenly bitching about "degeneracy"

why are you asking Sup Forums? you should be asking God, friend.

>or even going to a church matter?

Going to church is probably one of the most important parts. I recommend you catholicism.

So user, are there any good Serbian translations or is the King James the only option? I know only English and Serbian.

You can read both Serbian and KJV. When Serbian is translated to English it's like KJV.

any version of the bible that doesnt say jesus was a jew. that is a SICK lie. jesus was a judean, born in judea or modern day palestine.

Can you read and think in the sam time? I am just developing part of the first statement focusing on RCC. Pope is the example of Roman Catholic degeneracy.

ESV study bible is NOT recomended. It is Calvinistic (man made ultra-legalistic philosophy). See the 5th point of Calvinism.

calvarychapeltheology.com/Resources/The_Dark_Side_of_Calvinism.pdf

Ok, just to be sure, it's the Karadzic translation? I have seen the comparisons between the different english versions and I am somewhat suspicious of anything other than KJV.

Yes.

If you go become Christian you should definitely go Catholic or Orthodox. Reading and understanding the bible will lead you to this.

Not having a brain might land you in proddie land though.

fuck all of it, focus on the man himself.
all the people speaking for Jesus are fucking kikes and backstabbers.
read about him from any and all sources, use his example and cultivate as good a soul as you can make it.
no matter who holds the keys to heaven, they would welcome you. if they would not, then they are just another face of Satan.

>Reading and understanding the bible will lead you to Catholic or Orthodox.
For me, it's the opposite. Video gives a good short overview of some points:
youtube.com/watch?v=vh0lojdYXw8

>Which version of the Bible is recommended
I recommend the KJV, pic related. Another good test is to check what 1 Samuel 13:1 says:
>(KJV) Saul reigned one year; and when he had reigned two years over Israel,
>(ESV) Saul lived for one year and then became king, and when he had reigned for two years over Israel,
>(NRSV) Saul was . . . years old when he began to reign; and he reigned . . . and two years over Israel.
>(DRA) Saul was a child of one year when he began to reign, and he reigned two years over Israel.
>(YLT) A son of a year [is] Saul in his reigning, yea, two years he hath reigned over Israel,