Common sense gun legislation for the US

I'm a long time /k/ommando / libertarian and I've always been a staunch supporter of the second amendment, but this recent Las Vegas shooting really has me re-thinking my stance on some issues that I think probably receive a lot of bi-partisan support already. I'm having a hard time coming up with good reasons we shouldn't:

- Require a certification from a gun safety course before allowing firearms purchases.
- Ban bump fire stocks. These things cause erratic and rapid fire, and there's really no practical use for them other than just as a deadly toy.
- Ban 50+ round magazines and drums. These are heavy and unwieldy, their only purpose is to lay down continuous fire.
- Institute a national firearms registry. We're not taking away your guns, tin foilers, we just want to know when some dude named Stephen Paddock buys 33 of them in a year.

Other urls found in this thread:

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_psychotropic_medications
m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxmEFeKy8aI&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>How do you do, fellow gentiles? Let us discuss common sense gun control.

> I'm a long time /k/ommando / libertarian and I've always been a staunch supporter of the second amendment

Okay, then when the next shooting happens, we pass more "common sense gun legislation", then when the next shooting happens again, pass more. rinse repeat. Soon, we'll effectively have no second amendment.

Death from a thousand shallow cuts is what people fear.

>comes to politics board to talk politics
>gets called a jew

lmao the lines under the eyes

Just like they did with drivers licenses. I get that they want to keep dangerous people off the road. But now nobody can drive or even own a car anymore.

SHALL

Hello fellow white.

Wow, cuc/k/s are pussy ass faggots who in the end bow to gun-grabbers, imagine my shock!

Driving is not a constitutional right. What else do you want, permits for free speech? How about a 4th Amendment permit - if you don't have one the cops can search your house without a warrant.

The board isn't called Sup Forumsitics it's Sup Forumsitically incorrect now go be a fudd somewhere else.

Fuck off NRA shills. You are not welcome here.

>Let me tell you about your country

Whose fucking thread are you in, britfag?

>Fuck off NRA shills
>providing counter points is now being a shill.

>British
BIN THAT KNOIFE OR YOU'RE GOING TO PRISON? WHUDDYA MEAN YOU'RE DEFENDING YOURSELF FROM THE MUSLIMS RAPING THOUSANDS? SAYING THAT'S A HATE CRIME INNIT?

bin yourself

Funny you say free speech because it is also regulated, time place and manner restrictions as well as ones that confront libel and others that try to stop speech that will cause physical harm to people.

Nothing I listed prohibits you from exercising your 2nd amendment rights. I'm not asking you to be approved by a panel of judges, go to a class and pay $90 so you don't kill yourself or someone else being a dipshit. Firearms accidents claim way too many lives and its totally preventable.

The other stuff is just about getting rid of shit that has no practical purpose other than mass casualty shootings or pure novelty.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
GUNS AGAINST GOVERNMENT

>It's another fellow gun owner thread

I actually totally agree that he probably could have killed a lot more people with controlled fire. Fuckin retard was probably on a cocaine bender and wanted to go out like tony montana.

Here's common sense gun policy. All citizens get military training out of highschool and all citizens have a rifle in their house.
There's your well regulated militia.

>long time /k/ommando /

actual /k/ here

SHALL NOT

neck yourself kike

>common sense

this is sophistry

Conscripting young black Americans would go about as well as the 11 year old Congolese conscription programs

Tell me, are you part of a well regulated militia?

We really should just ban murder out right.

We should also register into national database, everyone on psych medications, like diazapam, zoloft and others.

>I need mah AR-47 to protect me from the gubbermin- *gets drone striked*

Get the fuck outta here

law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/10/246

once again

please contract AIDS from a nigger, self-deport to Israel, and pass on the love to as many of your fellow kikes as possible.

I understand your concerns. But that is how the world works. You will never be able to make the world safe by legislation. It is a trap. The trap is to give up freedom for "safety". The idea is nice but is utopistic.

Bad guys will always ignore the law and get around.

Murder is already illegal. Does it prevent people from murdering other people?

The problem is regulation will never end. Right now bump fire stocks are in their sights. Next it'll be "why does anyone need 30 round magazines?" and eventually "why does anyone need semi auto firearms?" This is not paranoia, the gun grabbers like Nancy Pelosi have come right out and said they hope it's a slippery slope.

>implement a registry
And you can kiss your funs goodbye

Why don't you call your wife and ask the sandnigger dick deep in her how drone strikes worked out.

You faggot, you really suck at this and you glow in the dark. Terry would run you down.

>Ban bump fire stocks
>implying you can't just make an improvised bump fire stock yourself

>Legislation is a trap guys, everyone should be allowed to own a nuke!

>It doesn't matter if North Korea or Iran get nukes, people kill people not nukes! They would just find some otherway to kill us!

You know, we had gun rights once... think carefully cos once they're gone, they're not coming back.

>long time /k/ommando
No you're not.

fpbp

getting drone striked by your own government would just prove its tyrannical dumbfuck

now turn yourself in, nogun fag

Last week NPR found some cuck in tears at a gun shop trying to sell his entire collection. "He just couldn't have them around after the Las Vegas shooting.

lol no

Are Iran and Norks in America?

>I'm a long time /k/ommando / libertarian and I've always been a staunch supporter of the second amendment, but this recent Las Ve

I stopped reading right there.

Nice straw man faggot

So when 650 niggers still get magically shot in Chicago what's your strategy?

>that flag

>Ban bump fire stocks
You know you don't need them to bumpfire right? How do you regulate someone just doing it by hand?

>Require a certification from a gun safety course before allowing firearms purchases.
Agree, also proper safe storage of firearms needs to be proven. In Aus you have to have a bolted down gun safe.

>Ban bump fire stocks. These things cause erratic and rapid fire, and there's really no practical use for them other than just as a deadly toy.
People are gonna dick with guns, I'd rather these items weren't commercially available. But having one shouldn't be illegal, as you can bump fire without them anyways.

> Ban 50+ round magazines and drums. These are heavy and unwieldy, their only purpose is to lay down continuous fire.
Anything after 5 rounds is gluttony (10 for .22). Seriously America, git gud. Practice marksmanship.
>muh civil uprising
Again, 5 rounds is more than enough to get the job done even with loading from a stripper. See WWII

>Institute a national firearms registry. We're not taking away your guns, tin foilers, we just want to know when some dude named Stephen Paddock buys 33 of them in a year.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
You've let it slip for far too long. You can't get it in check now.

I knew England was bad but you clearly have a fetish for getting fucked by government. Be a good no gun cuck when we're in power, alright?

the registry is the scariest part. whatever else you might discuss but this leaves open the door for further governmental overreach like nothing else

>stepping on a rattlesnake
>in bare feet

I wish a statist would

>/k/ommando
>posts Bubba'd SKS
>posts anti gun shit
I hope you get raped by a pack of feral niggers.

To be specific, your suggested regulations will only be followed by law abiding citizines. So it will be absolutely irrelevant to bad guys.

Driving licence does not prevent evil idiots to plow through crowd of people.

Paddock had materials for explosives.

People on psychotropic drugs should be banned from having drivers licence, place in authority and guns.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_psychotropic_medications

>their only purpose is to lay down continuous fire.

That happens to be the main reason for the right to bear arms as well.

> oh no, let’s ban features of guns that increase their lethality, you guys don’t want it to be effective in killing people so you?

Long story short: guns aren’t a constitutional right because of sports or self defense of the home. Look up DC v. Heller for Scalia historical background

thanks for the bump anyway.

Theres no taking the jungle out the chimp. Their murder numbers wouldnt go down if we banned guns altogether

They assist with accuracy and precision, but if you wanted to be reductionist, we could always 3d print them.

what a faggot . what a retarded "reasoning"

Crashing this thread.

So hand in your guns faggot.

What the fuck are you waiting for?

Give the police a early Christmas present.

SHALL
NOT
BE
INFRINGED

Guns will be printable within 10 years with 1500$ 3D printers.

What’s the point of gun control after that?

Bump fires and drum mags arent going to help you fight the government. Ask a combat veteran who carried an M4 how often he switched it to full auto. Unless he was fucking around or wasting ammo for budget reasons, the answer would be never.

>thanks a sage post for a bump in a multi-reply post

Then turn in your guns faggot

>Scalia historical background
Scalia is an activist and decided what he wanted the result to be and then made up his justification to fit.

>mass shootings happen
>guys, should we maybe guncontrol?
>mass shootings will still happen tho!
>noguncontrol
>more mass shootings happen
>so.. gun control?
>but the shootings wont be stopped by that!!
>continue not having guncontrol
>MOAR shootings
etc.etc

... meanwhile, in australia, people can still own guns, but they havent had nearly as many shootings since instituting gun control laws in spite of them having a shitload of shooting all the god damn time just like the u.s. right up to the point they went and got them that sweet sweet legislation.

just saying: you can have gun control laws AND still have the freedom to own a gun

you can make a home made bomb with shit from fleet farm. hardly anyone ever does it, though

Thing that fucked us over was ammo regulation. We've still got plenty of auto's and semi's. Just not the rounds for them.

I was a proud gun owner, 2nd Ammendment advocate and NRA supporter before Las Vegas but that tragedy changed my mind about firearms. Nobody needs to own a gun, and if 59 people and 400 injured doesn't affect your stance you are a psychopathic peice of shit and should be locked up in an asylum.

I sold all my guns and donated the proceeds to the victim fund, what did you do for them?

What part of "shall not be infringed" did you not understand?

No, its for the best. I don't want anyone that emotionally unhinged over some stranger dying to have any firearms.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JxmEFeKy8aI&feature=youtu.be

Fuck you.

>>Require a certification from a gun safety course before allowing firearms purchases.

No, this does nothing to solve the problem. Shooters aren't the ones owning the weapons in the non-organized shootings.

>>Ban bump fire stocks. These things cause erratic and rapid fire, and there's really no practical use for them other than just as a deadly toy.
>>Ban 50+ round magazines and drums. These are heavy and unwieldy, their only purpose is to lay down continuous fire.
>Le "you don't NEED it goys."
>>Institute a national firearms registry. We're not taking away your guns, tin foilers, we just want to know when some dude named Stephen Paddock buys 33 of them in a year.
Congrats, you at most have a third of the firearms owned by law abiding citizens and have successfully done nothing to combat 90% lowers, smuggling, and under the counter purchases.

I mean banning anything just makes it easier for criminals to obtain... cuck...
just look at austrailia that flaunts there gun ban but neglect to flaunt the fact that less than a 1/4 of the people were willing to just hand over their guns. you said this like criminals have the same morals as you cuck, like the criminals would turn over their bump fires and 50 round drums lmao fucking cuck boi
i own 47 guns currently and i promise the only shooting spree im going on is my sand nigger pop up targets jew kike

Then what the purpose for banning them?

Remember to sage all Leftypol/shareblue/shill slide threads

Americans can buy thousands of rounds of ammo without a problem.

Nice shilling. My trolling threads have more effort in them than this.

>britbong
>gun owner

>Bump fires and drum mags arent going to help you fight the government.
that doesn't mean it isn't fun AF to let loose on your own personal gun range with said things.
but for shooting effectively you're right.

>The right of old white dudes to shoot up hundreds of people at a concert SHALL NOT BE IFRINGED BITCHES!!!

You fuckers are immoral, cringeworthy and disgusting. Take a look at yourselves in the mirror for once.

That’s immaterial for what I’m saying. My point is that the right to bear instruments capable of killing as many people you, at a certain point, consider hostile, is just that. Removing features because it makes it more lethal is contrary to that point.

You say having it makes the gun worse. Well, why ban it then? My point is that whatever makes the gun more lethal to the maximum number of people is supporting the point of having that right at all. Removing features that makes a fun extra lethal is contrary to that point.

If much NRA and congress should be lobbying for a repeal on the full auto ban.

>implying anyone's life is worth another man's freedom
If you don't want to die, don't get shot. Easy day.

same expression here

Are reloading benches Illegal? Can bros in the ADF get some gunfood for you?

Yeah I’m sure no one will print guns with a 1500$ printer and just buy them for 1000$ a pop when they can make an infinite amount and the guberment can’t tax or track you.

So the UK should ban mudslimes like you from using vehicles?

You can't control an entire country with drones. It's the same with armor and aircraft. Sure, they can fight fairly well, but you can't exert control with something designed to demolish. Drones would be irrelevant.

You can always refute his point tho. Scalia has concurring opinions from 4 of the most brilliant jurists alive at the time and backed his opinion with historical references going all the way back to the founding of the country. It killed once and for all the debate of what’s the purpose of the second amendment and to whom it applies.

>if u dont wanna die dont get shot xddddd
>lel y did u get in the way of ma bullet xxxxdddd
>guntard logic

You are literal children

Congregation!! You made the world a safer place FOR CRIMINALS!

Your English is almost as bad as your logic.

>drone meme

Do you know if the government started using bombs on Americans they would run out I think couple days?

Who the fuck do you think makes the bomb you idiot?

I am not a muslim