Why are Americans obsessed with superheroes? Is it a manifestation of their eternal infantilism?

Why are Americans obsessed with superheroes? Is it a manifestation of their eternal infantilism?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Hero sets out to defeat the "monster" that is terrorizing his family/land/city/country/national treasure/the sun etc
>Hero suits up with special armor and magic weapons
>Hero fights epic battle, displaying almost supernatural abilities
>saves a babe.
>returns home triumphant.
>made into a king, gets the gir (sometimes scapegoated as a story perpetuator)

Same narrative is extremely popular in all cultures since dawn of time faggot.

Too bad the new story in today's comic is
>Trangender were-muslim suits up to fight the patriarchy
>Fights epic battle to take back comics from muh evil white male
>Saves a man
>Moralizes on the evil of the patriarchy for ten pages
>Doesn't get the girl because that would be sexist
>Doesn't sell
What the fuck happened to comics?

Sigh. (((Yeah))).

because real heroes have been demonised

Wow I'm sure you're super fun to hang out with.

Man needs "superhero" archetypes to continue existing. It used to be "Gods" now it's fantasy characters. How I envy the naive normies...

T. Nihlist (debatably atheist) that sees no reason to continue on as a speck of insignificant star dust other than momentum

This cultural role is supposed to be filled by national epics and mythologies which contain deep meaning and artistic merit, not commercialized, irreverent, adolescent power fantasies for manchildren.

*blocks your path*

I personally don't know. it has to be a childhood thing I guess, but I never cared for them.

powerful..

..gay..

It's always been both. The narrative exists in the oldest epics and myths to fairy tales, adventure stories, spy novels, movies or whatever.

Pic related makes a strong case case that theres a total of seven basic story plots and everything from the lowest pop culture to the highest literature and art are mere variations on them.

Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy unite!

Its power fantasy. Everyone likes a hero to save the day, nobody wants to put in effort to be that hero.

Same here. I did own a small handful, which I rarely bothered to read but learned to draw by copying them as a very young boy though.
Its actually amazing how much stuff I relearned in art college that learned this way when I was wearing pyjamas with feet and scoffing down flintstone vitamins.

This. They're used to keep males docile by walking out of the cinema feeling like everything is right in the world

This is why that alien fuck needed to be pumped full of kryptonite and sent TO THE MOON where he belongs. NO respect for borders.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman
>The character was created by writer Jerry (((Siegel))) and artist Joe (((Shuster)))
Superman is literally how yids want to see themselves - a G-d's chosen superior creature who descended into a world of dumb filthy goyim and teaches them how to live.

Contrary to the memes most Americans are relatively happy unlike your average nihilistic, defeatist European, this allows us to enjoy simple things like entertainment media while Euros remain salty about most things in life. Heres your daily dose of 'Mericasplaining: you're just as big of cunts as you perceive us to be.

niggers habbened

Heroes and mythology have always been important to every society.

I think America is looking for an answer of how to deal with our problem.

On some levels you're right. But they used to use superheros and such as propaganda for military recruitment and shit. It worked. People *were* willing to enlist and be heros.
The Chivalry/Arthurian epics were used for the same shit, and yet were also deeply significant and made for often elevated literature.