JoJo SC dub announced for toonami

>JoJo SC dub announced for toonami
>Sup Forums starts talking about how it's going to make JoJo "mainstream"
Are you guys living in a bizarro world where JJBA isn't one of the most famous manga ever written? Everyone and their grandma has known about JoJo for the last two decades. Except for the massive rise in popularity of DBZ in the 90s and early 2000s, JoJo has been just as much a manga icon as Dragon Ball. With the game, the manga, and the OVAs, JoJo has already been exceedingly popular in the west for a while, and getting aired on american TV isn't going to change much about it's widespread popularity.

It's just surprising to me that you guys have been this much in the dark about how well known JoJo is. And it's not like it's popularity changes the fact that it's a good series, it's just that you guys really must think it wasn't what it was. It's like you guys thought that JoJo was some sort of secret underground fanbase or something, when in reality it's one of the most well known Japanese series of any media.

cool story bro

>not writing your life story on Sup Forums - people and blogs

>JoJo is just as popular in the west as DBZ

Already mainstream cancer as you can see by the filth that is the jojo threads shitting up the catalog.

>thumbnail
Kill yourself.

Do you particularly dislike LoGH or don't you get the absurdly high number and shit quality of the picture is a joke on the "image.jpg" type of pics?
Maybe I could name it "images (9999).jpg" just to make it really obvious for you.

What disgusts me more is how Sup Forums is apparently full of a bunch of "sekrit klub" hipsters if we're all sperging out over JoJo becoming "mainstream". Are you people genuinely upset that the series you love so much is getting the exposure it deserves? The fuck?

Just please get over yourselves and continue to enjoy the series. It can't get worse than all the people spewing Dio memes anyway.

You're saying this like its anything new.

Sup Forums has been complaining about jojo going mainstream since the anime got announced. The people right now complaining that normalfags will ruin jojo are anime only fags that discover jojo with part 1 animation. Cancer calling cancer out.

How ironic.

No it's fucking not. Go ask random people on the street if they heard of DBZ and you'll get some responses. Ask about Jojo and their response will be "literally what?".

>It can't get worse than all the people spewing Dio memes anyway.

this. Before I even know about jojo I got so fucking annoyed at retards spamming "ZA WARUDO!" at the smallest provocation, when I finally figured out where it came from, I almost never picked it up myself

literally the only people that stay home to watch toonami on a saturday night are giant faggots, seriously go look at the Sup Forums threads when they're up, not like this going to have any effect on Jojo's popularity other than a handful of gay fucking capeshit nerds getting into it

And then they have the ratings thread every Tuesday after. Kek

You're fags too for browsing Sup Forums

>Are you people genuinely upset that the series you love so much is getting the exposure it deserves? The fuck?
If it breeds more of the kind of retard who posts in current Jojo threads, then yes. Those niggers can fuck right off.

>The people right now complaining that normalfags will ruin jojo are anime only fags that discover jojo with part 1 animation
You could work in a movie theatre with this level of projection.

I remember seeing JoJo on Wikipedia in 2010 when I first started looking at anome and manga, and I got the impression it was a big work like Berserk or Fist of the North Star despite having not read those either. When I heard people talking about modern shows based on Hunter x Hunter and JoJo, I was just surprised because I hadn't even gotten around to the OVAs, let alone the series proper.

Just out of curiosity, in the Part 1 dub? Does Dio say Muda or useless?

>Be Me
>Best Friend starts sucking Part 3's dick saying how good it was even though he's barely on Part 4 and barely reading the manga,complementing how EPIC it is and how EXCITING it is
>Tell him about the glory that is Part 7
>Tells me how he saw Tusk and said how he's "Lameshit"
>Pic is mfw

Maybe it's just me being a giant faggot, but I want more people to like Jojo, but only if they give it the credit it deserves and carry on reading it after the anime. I've had many friends treat it like it isn't a super influential manga, as if it was just a recent creation and that's what agitates me. I don't doubt there will be many that berate and shit on Part 1 because they don't realize it was written in the 80s. The memes I can deal with, the animeonly questions I can deal with, the misunderstanding I can deal with. But I won't deal with people not giving the respect it deserves, and I feel like putting it on Toonami will leave it widely open to that.

Did he even see Tusk act 3 and 4, or just tusk act 1 and 2, also
>Not telling him about D4C

In the western side Jojo is only popular in North America and Europe.
Most latinos don't know anything about it.

No matter how many normalfags invade the fandom, SBR will always be our baby.

Useless. He's a british man he probably knows literally nothing about Japan.

Yeah this is what bugs me the most.
Amen.

It's not popular in English, though it's well known for sure. Europe and Japanese it's a different story entirely.

There were dubs for part one and two? I'm excited for the butt hurt over what yare yare daze is translated to

No. Jojo is an obscure series that I and other hipsters know about, normies get out!

Hipster as a term is meaningless
It's far better to describe neo Sup Forums as a bunch of failed normies cosplaying as otaku

It should be "gimme a break" because Araki got it from an english speaking film where that's what the protagonist said. Don't know what movie it was but I'm almost sure the interview was in one of the JoJonium editions.

I said "exceot for the massive rise in popularity of DBZ in the 90s and 2000s". DBZ is popular because of that, but even then JoJo is only one tier below DBZ and Pokemon levels of popularity.

Maybe it's not well-known not in an in-depth way like reading the manga, but Stardust
Crusaders at least is an iconic story both in Japan and America.

I'm a bit tired now so my sentance structure is probably shitty but basically what I'm trying to get across is that from what I remember during my childhood and what I know of normalfag circles today, JoJo is a very well-known series.

>inb4 popularity makes it shit

No, it's just odd of you guys to think it isn't well known. Check facebook, instagram, or twittwer, and you'll find extremely massive communities based around JoJo almost as big as the ones based around DBZ. I don't know what rock you guys are living in, but JoJo is the polar opposite of a niche series.

I still like that it wiggled it's way into naruto due to VA references.

>naruto
Please inform me you are a liar.

Just kidding, it's a pretty famous "old manga series" so that shouldn't be a surprise

"What a pain" feels like the best way to keep the most similar meaning without sounding dumb. But who knows (or really cares) what happens.

>Jojo
>mainstream in the west
Only super otaku, touhou fags, people who actually knew jap and weeb newgrounders knew about jojo

>Jojo is one tier below Pokemon
>pokemon

Are you serious? I think you are underestimating how big Pokemon is.

Not sure where you're from, but where I grew up everyone who wasn't a maxed out normalfag knew about "that gay manga", or they knew about the SC game.

It was known among gaming circles, anime circles, cartoon circles, and TV show circles who watched things beyond the latest sitcom or cop show.

I guess not being full on total normalfags puts it at like 5-10%, but it's a scale that curves as it gets smaller, and JoJo was only one or two tiers away from being completely mainstream.

It might depend on where you lived though, because I lived in a somewhat rich community in the suburbs.

asuma from ninja wizards and jotaro from the old act3 anime have the same VA, and even said yare yare (daze optional) from time to time, as well as ora

Maybe it's about one tier below the anime in terms of popularity, but it still stands that the most famous parts of JoJo were well known.

Everyone who had a little knowledge of anime, and actually watched anime and read manga, knew about JoJo, or at least SC. Maybe you misunderstand and think I mean that reading it was mainstream, as it wasn't, but there was a general knowledge of it's existence, and of SC, that pretty much everyone had.

Most people only "know" Jojo as far as the posing and "this must be the work of an enemy stand!" memes.

No, fuck off, we don't want power level fag normalfags, shitting up Jojo fandom.

The vast majority of people are shit. Statistically, the more people you put at place x or follow hobby y, the more shit people there are.

Yes, they can fuck right off.

Yeah and I'm sure they will specifically come to Sup Forums for the first time ever because they saw the jojo dub on toonami. Poor user must live through the suffering of people randomly flocking to his unrelated niche website community every time anything happens ever.

A lot of people know about it though, and easily 50% of people who watch anime now have at least seen the new anime, if not more.

The number of people who watch anime is increasing by a huge amount, pretty much everyone watches at least a little anime now.

I really feel like you guys underestimate the popularity of JoJo and anime in general, I've even seen posters talking about JoJo as if it was some little-known niche series which a select few knew about.

jojo threads were pretty far between before the 2012 anime, then it became one of Sup Forums and Sup Forumss favorite manga and realized the huge following behind it

>Have you seen JoJo's, user?
>You're not going to hear that from every person you know that only watches mainstream shit.

I guess a comfy sofa in pretty damn comfy until you realize it's just you lying to yourself.

Your face that is.

>known among gaming circles, anime circles, cartoon circles, and TV show circles

Sure. Even then, the most I had heard about Jojo before I came to Sup Forums was people talking about Heritage for the Future who had very little idea of what it was actually based on.

But the OP is comparing Jojo's western popularity to Dragon Ball's western popularity, which is flat-out ridiculous. Walk up to any random person on the street in America and show them a picture of Goku, and I can almost guarantee they'll at least recognize him. The same can't be said for Jotaro or DIO.

Why are you talking to these people if you hate them?
What exactly is the issue with them asking such an innocent question? How does it hurt or even affect you in any way?

I think you might just have autism if these are the kinds of fears that keep you awake at night, frothing in preemptive anger.

>it will only show up on Sup Forums

>Goku vs Saitama vs Jotaro! Subscribe for more battles!

You are deluding yourself.

Sup Forums and Sup Forums do not represent the majority, or even a relevant part, of the anime and manga community. Most of it is spread around throughout the internet, real life, and even church youth groups.

Yes, when I helped at my younger sister youth group last year, I found that most of the kids watched anime. These weren't particularly nerdy kids either, but represented typical HS teenagers.

Anime is pretty fucking big, and I don't know where Sup Forums got the idea that it was something less well known. Maybe the kinds of people who watch SOL and are hardcore fans like Sup Forums are fewer, but in the west, a very large number of people watch anime as at least a semi-serious hobby.

Jocks and as /r9k/ would call them "stacies" for lack of a better term are not in fact the majority of normalfags.

So your entire life is on the verge of being ruined because you might occasionally see titles of youtube videos that you don't like?

up until college anime was pretty obscure with the people around me outside of dbz/pokemon

>The same can't be said for Jotaro or DIO
I did exaggerate to compare it to DBZ, because DBZ is astronomical levels of popular.

No, not everyone would recognize him. But in an hour I could probably easily find a dozen people who recognized Jotaro.

I didn't say me, I said you. What exactly is the issue with someone not liking secondhand embarrassment?

Seems to me you can't deal with people having a negative opinion about something, so you try to blow it out of proportion and insist they're making a bigger deal of it than they are and try to slap the "autism" label on them.

You must have autism if you feel the need to shitpost to validate yourself and otherwise lack the logic to see that someone else's opinion doesn't require you understanding it.

Boy I cannot wait until summer is over and you're back in school.

>literally the only JoJo that came to the west before the anime and the JoJonium reprints were the game, OVA, and SC manga all with zero marketing

yeah I'm sure a HUGE western fanbase built up around those huh

>I must be user that you were arguing with in the first place
>You are so butt angry about this you have to insist other people lives are being ruined when its just you projecting

It makes me happy that people like you exist that get upset at anyone not liking something. Don't have a stroke typing a reply, I won't be reading it, but i'm sure you'll still be here smashing your keyboard with your powers of autism because you're a newfag.

I honestly can't even understand what you're saying. Your thoughts are too disjointed and interspersed with random bits of angry insults.

I think you've just spent too much time among groups of angry cynics who spend all their time trying to 1-up each other on who can be the most angry cynical and now you do it too for every random thing you see.

I love the fact that you are and nobody acknowledges your comment because of that.

Sup Forums has been full of cancerous fags for years now, and at this point, I'd rather use clorox as eye drops than listen to the ex-redditors' opinions here.

Sup Forums's sekrit club mentality has gotten pretty autistic over the years.

I've just learned to take it as a joke at this point.

I watch anime but when n-normalfags watch it, I stop. ;)

>if a manga is famous among people who read manga and watch anime it's mainstream
are you fucking retarded?

>image made by someone who has browsed Sup Forums since 2010

Sup Forums's elitist sekrit club crap is annoying and I hate it, yet it clearly works because average post quality is much better on Sup Forums.

I guess I'm kinda bothered by the idea that the key to a better community is to be a huge asshole, even if it's demonstrably true.

>Ironic shitposting is just shitposting.
I hate this argument. By this logic, sarcasm is actually being sincere.

It's only better because the mods don't even tolerate casual shit posting.

The amount of shitposts and bait are no different than Sup Forums and Sup Forums, the difference is the mods actually act on this board.

Sarcasm is easy to detect in real life because voices. Ironic shitposting is easily mistaken for real shitposting and often has the same consequences in a thread

Not a perfect analogy. Whether you're genuinely shitposting or just "ironically shitposting", you're still putting a bad thing on the internet that people don't want to deal with.

In that sense, no matter what your intentions you are still posting shit. Hence it is all ultimately shitposting.

>implying they watch Toonami for the anime

Jojo is pretty popular. But it's gonna become much much much more popular once it hits toonami

I don't think this is true at all
The crowd that watched toonami when it was in its golden age doesn't still watch it, and the crowd currently watching it isn't as big as older toonami was

>Average post quality is much better on Sup Forums

Sup Forums and Sup Forums as a whole has always been that way newfag-kun.

>starting with Part 1
So should I ignore it until we get to SC? JYB & Bryce Papencuck were pretty godawful voices, but I did like Matt Mercer's Jotaro. Provided they don't recast since it's been like 2 years since that dub.