Given the announcement that Bleach is ending next week, is it in the running for worst manga series of all time?

Given the announcement that Bleach is ending next week, is it in the running for worst manga series of all time?

It seems that the series was only properly written up to the end of the soul society arc. Everything after that has been totally disconnected and aimless. The espada, the fullbringers, ichigo's dad, the zero squad, the soul king, the quincies - literally nothing in this series has any continuity or sense except for the soul society/aizen arc.

What the fuck went wrong to cause such a massive trainwreck of a series? I think even the cynics on here assumed Kubo was building towards some kind of finale that tied things together, but it's literally impossible at this point to "fix" bleach.

After next week we will remember Bleach as a huge steaming pile of shit that had one decent arc over the course of a decade of publication.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-25/best-and-worst-manga-of-2016-results-comic-con-international/.104673
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2015/.95913
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At least it has style.

I'd take Bleach over Fairy Tail any day.

>Given the announcement that Bleach is ending next week, is it in the running for worst manga series of all time?

It's not even the worst Shonen Jump longer runner. That's Katekyo Hitman Reborn.

So is it actually ending or was it canned?
A side character fighting a henchman ended up taking more chapters than the protagonist fighting the final boss.

> is it in the running for worst manga series of all time?
Not even the worst shonen jump manga in the last 10 years.

All time? Nah. At the rate Bleach is going, it's bound to be the worst of the Big 3 though.

We don't know. It was probably canned, but we won't know exactly what happened until way after it's done.

>is it in the running for worst manga series of all time?
Not even close.

Style is one of the only things that bleach has. Character design being a large part of that.

But holy shit, is there not a single writer on Kubo's team? It legitimately feels like he wrote this on a week-to-week basis without any planning notes or outline or ANYTHING.

Everything feels totally improvised in the very worst way possible. It's just such a spectacular failure as an actual "series" that it's pretty marvelous.

>bleach is ending next week
>some bankais haven't been showed yet

there's more to worry about than asspulls

At least bleach had 200+ actually good chapters. A lot of SJ hits are complete garbage all over.

I blame the editors.

what editors?

Kubo's. They are probably at fault for the awful pacing that ruined this manga.

Don't be delusional, Kubo is a shit writer.

again, what editors?

Are you saying he doesn't have at least one editor while working on his manga?

>inb4 people claiming Zombie Powder was good

Actually, one of the reasons why the Hueco Mundo arc was bloated was because the Espada were so popular that the editors asked/demanded Kubo give them the spotlight.

The whole thing is a trainwreck after the SS arc.

the horrible pacing and writing beg to differ

No, read more manga. It's not even the close to the worst in SJ history, nevermind overall.

Toriko is much worse for example, so yeah.

>One piss
>narutard
>bleghk

which shounen is the worst? and why?

>Since when were you under the impression that bleach had only two chapters left?
You just wait, this is gonna happen

All three of them are cancerous maximus and the main reasons why most people think shounen fight manga are garbage.

one piss of shit.
Those retards keep memeing >muh world building
it's just average wolrd building.

It's ending?

how did this shit even get that popular in the first place

even if naruto turned to shit quite rapidly l could at least understand the appeal, classic underdog story, muh cool ninja world for weebs etc

bleach was just another boring school setting with an ultra generic shinigami theme, even the art all these autists praise is completely forgettable

truly one of the greatest mysteries of our time

By all intents and purposes considering other manga that were cancelled, I'd say Bleach was as well (the example you gave being one proof as such) but good luck getting anybody to admit it

You really can't fathom why "high school delinquent with a heart of gold fights evil ghosts with a kooky cast of characters and then there's an entire higher world of dead people with cool sword powers and transforming powers that come in all shapes and sizes with some possible background conspiracy intrigue on top of a rescue mission" wouldn't be popular?

>even the art all these autists praise is completely forgettable
Kubo's art is generic but his style and character design (even if he has a small sameface problem) is top notch

It's pretty easy to understand if you were 11~14 in 2004.

>small sameface problem
it's not "small" about 80% of his characters are ichigo wearing different wigs, fuck when he drew luffy and naruto for these tribute books they looked like ichigo with a scar and ichigo with whiskers

his outfits are also shit

Actually Shonen Jump executives told Kubo time and time again to fuck off with it's shitty manga because it resembled previous hits waaay too much (Yuyu Hakusho, Saint Seiya) without offering much on it's own merits.
But they eventually agreed to publish Bleach and it became a hit until everybody realized that Kubo had no idea of what the fuck he was writing.
It surprises me that it has been going on for so long despite it's glory days being long gone sales-wise.
I guess Shonen Jump is just really desperate.

Naruto is worse, but Bleach is still far from good.

t. my ass

Naruto actually had an ending that wrapped up most of it's plot threads. Bleach isn't even going to get that.

This shit has been canned ? BUAHUAHAUAHAUHAUA

>Given the announcement that Bleach is ending next week, is it in the running for worst manga series of all time?

Have you red a grand total of 5 mangas in your life ?

Even when the sales tanked it still did better than 90% of the other Jump manga. Bleach hasn't been a top seller in a while but even its weaker years are still better than mostly anything in Jump, and even rivals stuff with anime adaptations.
Last year Bleach was the 21st best selling manga, and only like 4 SJ series did better than it.

Read more manga faggot.

No.

I'd sort of doubt that considering the whole ghost/occult problem solvers were jump's popular piece from yuhaku to nube, and then to stuff like shaman king, muhyo and a million other works working the same concept.

>Naruto is worse
Yet it was granted an actual ending, a full colored final chapter that showed all main cast living their lives, and then Jump begged Kishimoto to make 9 more chapters about the new gen, and then again it wasn't enough, another artist is now making a new even worse series where girls have no tits.

Will Bleach even get such thing? Most likely not.

It has some great characters tho

Zombie Powder also ended abruptly.

Kubo might really kill himself after Bleach.

Naruto is far better than Bleach, stop memeing

Such as? The only character I still like is Mayuri.
Even if it's not ending on proper terms, it still lasted 15 years, 74 volumes, and enough sales to make it one of the best selling manga of all time. He had a successful run overall.

Even with the series swiming on the bottom ranks, I think Bleach is "ending" to continue in another magazine with less pressure and spotlight.

I mean Princess of Tennis also ended out of nowhere and got a sequel in another Jump Magazine.

D. Gray Man got kicked out WSJ after the author fell ill many times and she once accused of tracing a few on her battle sequences from other manga, the series move magazines twice, it still hasn't been truly canned.

I'm gonna be cautious on this, Bleach will end next week, but I will wait and see if it will be the last of it.

Askin was fantastic, Giselle came close second. Liltotto was one of the few level-headed Quincies and didn't act like a retard 95% of her screentime. Kubo can write good characters when he tries.

>Even with the series swiming on the bottom ranks, I think Bleach is "ending" to continue in another magazine with less pressure and spotlight.
Is "Bleach is going to continue in another magazine" the Bleach equivalent of Kosakifags in Nisekoi right now?

What excuse Bleachtards are going to give now in order to try and safeguard their autistic shit taste ?
Bleach is terrible

He did write it on a week-to-week basis. He admitted in an interview that he usually just did what he thought was "cool" (probably referring to poses, cliffhangers, the trademark pseudo-philosophical ramblings) instead of thinking ahead.

He would re-read old volumes if it got to the point where he would actually need to advance the plot.

No, it's not one of the worst manga ever, the story up to the end of Soul Society goes against that, but Kubo is without a doubt one of the worst mangaka in the industry: style over substance, incoherent character motivations, discarded characters and forgotten plot threads all over the place.

Stuff like "It would have been great if it wasn't forced to end early."

Nobody denies Bleach is bad. Except for autists like LoN who thinks Ichigo is a deep and well-developed character.

animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-07-25/best-and-worst-manga-of-2016-results-comic-con-international/.104673
> Under-rated but Great Manga (under-the-radar comics worth reading)
>Bleach by Tite Kubo (Shonen Jump, Viz Media)

>if it wasn't forced to end early.
How can anyone even try to use this an excuse? It ran for 74 volumes. Thousands of series get a full odissey with a full closure with just 1/5 of that lenght.

So why did they decide to end it now after years of being on the bottom 5? Shouldn't it have been canned way earlier?

>ANN

>Nobody denies Bleach is bad
So are you telling me many of the weekly Bleach threads are just meme posting?

They literally have a chart from Gurren Lagann days for "awesome things that happened", last time I saw that chart it had hundreads of moments they consider awesome.

Bleach is under the radar in the same way that a nuclear explosion is subtle. That alone should tell you that whoever made that list is retarded.

I'd say most of us are still so invested in reading it because we've been reading it for 15 years now. I was in high school when Bleach started and I'm almost 30. I've invested so much time into this fucking manga that I feel like it's a waste to not finish it.

Editor-san was being lenient of Kubo, hoping he would wrap up this mess.

Kubo didn't wrap up.

Those hundred awesome moments weren't enough to save the story though. People who read Bleach are the types who enjoy to watch trainwrecks.

If you honestly think that, then you're a casual who has only read a handful of manga.

Naruto was still better written than both of them.

its not actually ending, and Yhwach just 'ends' the manga. but then ass pull and it keeps going anyway. after a week or so break. kubo enters his final form. fuckkin level 0 readers

Girls have no tits? What? Pics?

Yoruichi of course

>but we won't know exactly what happened until way after it's done.
To this day no one can say for sure if Prince of Tennis got cancelled or it was planned to continue years later as a Monthly series all along.

Is it really ending? I dropped it after Ichigo lost his powers and gained them back again with the help of soul society.

How many plot holes are left unresolved? Did they ever explain why Ichigo transforms into a monster when he is killed and then comes back to life? Anything about Yorichi cat form or bankai ever get explained?

Which girl wins between Rukia and Orihime?

New artist handling the Boruto sequel draws all Naruto women with smaller, barely existant, breasts.

Narutofags were crying over Hinata's when the first chapter was released.

I enjoyed Soul Society arc, but even then i was aware on how bland and generic the characters are and how much schematic an unclimatic the fights were.

Tite Kubo never had any talent. I believe he got a cool premise for the story from someone else and then tried to build the show around it but ultimately failing at every possible plot point.

I think you need to check what plot hole means.

>getting your opinions from ANN

Is there no depths that Bleachfags won't fall to?

At least all the shipfaggotry stopped.

The chart is the pinnacle of meme posting friend, that's its whole purpose.

Holy shit, if this happened...

>How many plot holes are left unresolved?
See >Did they ever explain why Ichigo transforms into a monster when he is killed and then comes back to life?
No. Or at least, very poorly

>Anything about Yorichi cat form or bankai ever get explained?
Nope.

Bleach and One Piece were a mistake

>At least all the shipfaggotry stopped.
It raise like the fires of hell if Kubo won't have a single conclusion in the final chapter, so nobody will have lost nor will have won, shipperfags will argue for eternity.

Where was this announced?

So assuming the big 3 end, who's the new comers?

That chart worked at the beginning of the arc because Kubo used up all his ideas (that is to say, some plot points that needed to be tied up) in 30 chapters.

Afterwards, when it went back to the usual tedious fights, updates on the chart quickly stopped.

>since when were you under the impression that Aizen was Ichigo?

Thanks for the ride Kubo

BnHA

The term "big 3" was only a thing because of their anime adaptations. The age of perpetual shonen anime is dead except for One Piece and Naruto (which is on it's way out).

Supposedly this week's WSJ.

The issue will always tell when a series is getting its final chapter the following issue, Bleach and Nisekoi are ending next week.

>Bleach ending the same week as Nisekoi

What a world.

Was DBZ the only super long-running shonen that was any good?

>100 chapters of build-up dropped because author is a betamax
No thanks.

BnHA, Black Clover, Souma

Gintama

You all remember when Naruto did the Pain arc and deus ex machina everyone back to life, Fairy Tail has it's Erza, which one is the biggest deus ex in Bleach? Because there seems to be a few. Personally for me it was his Shinigami 2 powers being strong from the get go, that somehow his dormant powers never fused with the given ones. The reason being is the fucker didn't need to train up all over again from scratch.

Nobody likes Black Clover.

>it still did better than 90% of the other Jump manga.
A big thing Bleachfags seem to miss the point entirely is that the only titles its outselling are the fresh new titles from two years ago who have not built a big enough fanbase and even then there are several newer titles that have already eclipsed it.

>Last year Bleach was the 21st best selling manga, and only like 4 SJ series did better than it.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-29/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series-2015/.95913
Try 6 more than half of which are younger than it.

I've never read Souma but the other two are as generic as it can get, especially Clover.

I'd say that until arrancar's arc and Aizen's defeat it was still good. Fullbringer was absolutely unnecessary (and awful too), and this last saga is just too full of random shit.

Volume 48 was the perfect ending, to that point i still think that was one of my favourite battle manga. Too bad it all went to shit.

>other two are as generic as it can get
So were Nardo and Bleach
Something doesn't necessarily have to be good to be popular.

I think Fairy Tail is far more awful, although it'll probably end the way Mashima wants it to end, whereas Kubo is being rushed out the door.

Ichigo was one giant deus ex machina that gets powers out of his ass whenever the villain gets an upper hand. Kubo is so uncreative that he hsould work full time on Sony movies.

Replace Souma and Black Clover with Magi and UQ Holder
>which one is the biggest deus ex in Bleach?
Hybrid Ichigo, I think it has its own meme now