Modern Vs classic art

Can you guys help me in finding couples of similar paintings/sculptures etc. Which can be put one next to the other in order to make obvious the fact that art is going down the drain. As many as possible pls. If you know the value even better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=22cv2LXBJMk
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc
unv.is/bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-26270260
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This picture of cute pupper is available for saving to your computer for $122 millions.

you're looking for results when you should be looking for the cause.
institutions simply don't have talented draftsmen and sculptors able to pass on their craft, and for that matter, people who go to those institutions aren't looking to learn a trade.

modern art is a money laundering operation

t. art uni dropout

This isnt politics

Seconding this.

t. corporate lawyer student

In France th biggest antiquaire family is (((Fabius))), minister in charge back then when the tax exemption law on arts was passed. Tax cuts or exemptions are only legal if it justifies a public service of some kind. Yet it has no justification whatsoever, it only makes a few hundred people rich and the alleged "keeping art in France" argument is bullshit, a panting sleeping in a bank or private collection in France or China makes no difference. If only museums profited from this exemption I would be all for it if they were prohibited selling them or at least selling them by big margins and for other purposes than keeping the museum alive. The worst is (((media))) is all for it while they're heavily criticising, and the dumb goys follow their (((analyses))) the planned reform by Macron to remove taxation from investments in mobile goods. This is actually a good thing since it will be an incentive to invest money instead of letting it sleep in foreign banks. But the biggest scam that consists in hundreds of billions of tax avoidance is cool and fine. Modern art is basically a currency now, which serves kind of like gold. Old paintings, true art, aren't that common and sometimes the state will take it from you because it is of public interest. So (((they))) created a new trend full of literal who faggots and decided every faggot's piece of (((art))) would be worth from X to Y, with the value only going up and never down, just like gold. Modern art is the new jew gold substitute, simple as that.

contribootin'

Because a gorillion threads about trump's latest tweet, the latest nigger bending the knee in a faggot's sport or some conspiracy about las vegas being a reptilian inside job are better ofc.

Hey, I liked the giant ducky

youtube.com/watch?v=22cv2LXBJMk
Before he became an international thrill killer, he was an astute art critic.

Shit deflated, still POS

>tfw you always lose to these threads

Piggy shit

This should be relevant to everyone's interests.
>Why beauty matters - Roger Scruton
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

also
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc

Degenerate af

I like modern art.

Some guy in Pittsburgh tried to throw a dart at it, I wish they succeeded.

Muh nigga

I know right? People somehow think edgy piss collecting teenagers have a monopoly on art. I think its a case for being unable to see the forest for the trees.

*pays 6 gorillion dollars*

architecturebro plz stop it's depressing me

I do wonder why anyone who has millions to through around would build a mutimillion dollar house out of wood.

uncensored version

the upper one is made out of clay bricks I think

This. Jewish money laundering is not art. Hollywood is not art. Five-hundred-foot-tall glass boxes are not art. Shitting on a canvas in public is not art. People think modern art sucks, but in reality they are just looking at things which are not art.

faggots like this

>ywn have an artist wife who'll make your dream car even cooler looking whilst you make it go faster
why live

This is true. I really like these paintings and its modern impressionism. Good art is still made.

Some people just look for art in the wrong places.

I mean, if wadded up napkins floats your boat, who im I to judge but dont get mad at me when I throw your trash in the trash.

is architectural revival a thing? I'd be happy to hear that it's an actual movement

There are always people who go against the trend and build objectively good houses, but when I look at the construction sites around me I have yet to find those people.

unv.is/bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-26270260
>Cleaner throws out 'rubbish' Sala Murat artwork

>A cleaner has mistakenly thrown away contemporary artworks meant to be part of an exhibition in southern Italy.

>Works made out of newspaper and cardboard, and cookie pieces scattered across the floor as part of Sala Murat's display were thrown out.

>Lorenzo Roca, from cleaning firm Chiarissima, said the unnamed cleaner was "just doing her job".

>He added his firm's insurance would cover the value of the art, estimated to be around 10,000 euros (£8,200).

>According to local press, security noticed a number of items were missing when the venue, in the province of Bari, opened on Wednesday morning.

>It later emerged the cleaner had handed them over to refuse collectors, thinking it was rubbish left behind by workers who set up the Mediating Landscape exhibition.

>"We are obviously very sorry for what happened," city marketing commissioner Antonio Maria Vasile said.

>"It's clear the cleaning person did not realise she had thrown away two works and their value. But this is all about the artists who have been able to better interpret the meaning of contemporary art, which is to interact with the environment.

>"In any case, the insurance will cover the damages caused."

>It is not the first time artwork has been accidentally thrown away by a cleaner.

>In 2001, a Damien Hirst installation at London's Eyestorm Gallery consisting of a collection of beer bottles, coffee cups and overflowing ashtrays was cleared away.

>Later, in 2004, a bag of paper and cardboard by German artist Gustav Metzger was also thrown out while on a display at Tate Britain.

the fact that you are calling it modern art when you probably mean contemporary art shows how much of a fucking pleb you are.

potayto potahto

HAAHA stockholm school of architecture what fucking irony

Anime is not art, sorry.

same with most low-tier hip-hop niggas. they make tons of money selling rock then launder it by telling the IRS it was all fat gainz made off their fans

NEVER NOT BE MAD

Every architecture school looks like that. Its so the building doesn't influence the students. I agree that modern architecture is shit too but that building's blandness has a purpose.

Actually made me mad

Holy shit I saw the original of this, when you dim the lights in the room the lampposts actually glow a little. But yeah there are still artists trying to make actual art, but the vast majority just throw paint at a wall...

1817 fashion looks really cool to me

This is because of the invention of photography. What value does does realistic portraiture when I can press a button and surpass it with ease? I don't know why Sup Forums doesn't get this.

I'm an artist.
Allow me to help you.

Art is not going down the drain. Here's where you are stuck: you are looking at contemporary art and deciding it is shit. Well guess what? Most of it is. But most art from decades and centuries ago was shit too. You never get to see the bad shit, only the cream of the crop (or politically and/or religiously favoured) survives.

Today you also have to deal with the fact that people have more money and free time and access to art supplies than in the past PLUS the fact that they can easily look at people like Marcel Duchamp and other important artists who made art that was important at that moment, and instead of learning why it was important then, they assume that if they make something similar, it will be important, too.

Well, it won't.

If you paint as powerfully as El Greco or Titian, you're art will be impressive (if the subject matter speaks to the audience). But if your art is just shock art with no real context, or re-hashed versions of art movements that have come and gone, you've made nothing of value.
So, don't get bogged down thinking there's no great art being produced these days, it just hasn't gone through the filter of time yet, so there's so much crap in the way, it's hard to see the great stuff, or even the good stuff.

Anyone have any idea why (they) are removing European roots from modern architecture?

these hurt

I defy you to go inside the Oculus (top left) and say it is not beautiful. it is ridiculously expensive, but it is breath-taking.

ugh this is bad. what were they thinking?

HAhahahahahhahha.

Because it takes real fucking talent, skill and inspiration to produce something like that. Dont be so fucking yank shit. Your shit culture seeping into other parts of world because of globalism is poison.

Her "art" was literaly rubbish, So what hell there is to insurance to cover? Fucking 10k worth for garbage piled certain way. Really how in hell this all turned like this? Was visiting recently Moscow and went to Tretjakovskaja art gallery. That was real art dating hundreds years back. Not this modern shit.

I know a portraits artist who only works with a few selected photographers. The photographers take several portraits and the artist paints them with minute details.
He is also a full on aspie so he doesn't do well with exposure. His works are actually nice though.