Is Gintama... good?

is Gintama... good?

Other urls found in this thread:

dailymotion.com/video/xa2rn1_gintama-strawberry-milk_fun
youtube.com/watch?v=1j2TV-6tUvY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No.

It's the best, but you need taste and experience to like it.

It's MAL's biggest darling, so probably not.

Only if you're Japanese

Just watch the first series(200 eps), it was funny because I had a nice direction, once they change the director it loss it's charm

5 anime in the top 10 are Gintama so it's obviously the best thing ever!!

It's shit. I watched it for the first fifty something episodes and only liked one or two of them. Watch Hoozuki no Reitetsu instead it's actually funny and doesn't rely on Stockholm syndrome to keep watchers.

Yes except the last season when they changed director and studios. It became inconsistent and full of QUALITY

Try to watch it, either you will like its humor or despite it and don't know why

Don't listen to the retards/newfaggots judging a show by its popularity on MAL or whatever, just give it a try and judge for yourself.
Skip the first episode, it's basically spoiling the characters. You may watch it later

yes

Start from episode 3, if you aren't enjoying it after a couple of episodes, skip to episode 25. If you don't like that one either, then drop it.

>Gintama's final chapter is this week
Hold me Sup Forums...

Watch it for Tama.

You know how sometimes you hear a song and really hate it, but then you hear it a bunch of times and eventually you like it?

That's Gintama, it doesn't get better, you just get used to how bad it is.

Wait is Gintama ending too?

It should have ended many time already.
I don't believe it.

Yes

It's one of the few manga where the filler arcs are actually a million times better than the actual story. Then the actual plot kicks in and you start to question when it will just resolve that plot arc and go back to the comedy, except it doesn't. At least, that's what this latest arc feels like.

Gintama is the best anime but why don you give a fuck about MAL

Can you start speaking in coherent english ?

>filler arcs
>manga

Nigga pls. You're telling me the Mantama arc, the Patriot chapter, etc has anything at all to do with with the all the shit about the Yato and Tendoushuu and whatnot? No fucking way.

It just fill different things than a anime filler.

Best.

That's not the definition of "filler" though.

I view filler as any content that has little or nothing to do with the main story, regardless of whether or not it is intentional.
Anime filler arcs are generally non-canonical and have fuckall to do with the main plot, but therein lies the only major difference.

strawberry milk

I don't care about your justifications user, it's still wrong.

50 firsts ep are shit, the rest is top tier

dailymotion.com/video/xa2rn1_gintama-strawberry-milk_fun

It should have ended before Gorilla run out of ideas for comedy arcs.

No

is GREAT

Girl.

>GinxTama is canon
>the title says so
Threadly reminder

Is nobome chan

It's good,not great or anywhere near a masterpiece.I've seen all the seasons, the comedy is really inconsistent throughout the whole entire 300+ episodes I laughed for maybe 20 episodes at most.

Epic dude.

You don't seem to like comedy much , user .

Have they translated every chapter? I know there were lots of missing gaps.

It's teh begiining of teh final arc, teh final "chapter" of teh whole story. It's not ending for at least a few volumes.

I'm not even one of those people that automatically hates anything MAL or reddit loves, but I sincerely have never understood the appeal of this show, let alone why it's so highly rated.

For the sake of it's hype I have tried watching it twice, and gotten as far as the point where everybody says it supposedly "Gets good", and I still don't like it.

It fails at both comedy and Shoujin.

Gitama is so shit it even knows that it's shit.

Is Madao the best character ?

It's unironically worse than Naruto

>Sup Forums hate gintama now

What happened?

Nu-Sup Forums

Insecure people obsessed with MAL and trying to fit here.

Final Arc, not Chapter.

This kind of thread
>is it good
>is it worth my time
>why it's so popular
attracts shitposting. Also kind of bandwagoning.

>No major plot or goal = shit
You're an idiot

Saw 12 episodes, didn't really like it and it was too long.

This is literally one of the most contrarian things I've read on Sup Forums.

>>Sup Forums hate gintama now
>
>What happened?

That underage cancer that lazy fucks consistently allowed to shitpost without being told to fuck off, grew up and became the majority. These are the shitters who post on Sup Forums, Sup Forums, Sup Forums and especially Sup Forums nonstop about how they have nothing to do, no interest in forming their own opinion and almost ALWAYS begs for people to 'sell' a series to them without doing their own research ; as if their time was priceless.

Whenever you see a thread starting with is 'x worth watching/reading?' you can bet your ass these brain-dead fucks are the ones who making them, usually from their phone or tablet. The threads that encourage these kind of faggots are the reason there's so many shitty threads for new series and even shitter one for older ones, because 9 times out of 10 the brain-dead fucks in question won't contribute anything to the thread and expect to be spoon-fed, which is exactly what contrarian retards on Sup Forums do.

If they don't give enough shits to even sit down and read/watch an episode and decide for themselves, then they probably shouldn't be posting on Sup Forums in the first place, thus when you see these type of threads you should kindly tell them to fuck off.

Sup Forums actually acquired taste I guess.

Gintama isn't really redeemable in any aspect. It just uses the shield of a somewhat unique premise of combining comedy and shounen to deflect criticism about how subpar it is at doing either one.

If you get into it you'll love it, but prepare for friends going "Yo I watched 2 eps of your favorite show and I don't get it".

Fullbringer arc was all filler.

See
I'm the kind of person on Sup Forums who calls out people for letting MAL or Reddit influence their opinions. Steins;Gate, Brotherhood, and Deathnote for example are all shows which are actually good, and are disproportionately criticized on Sup Forums simply because MAL loves them.

Gintama is just shit though. It's not just overrated, it's plain bad.

will Gorila-san be able to finally bong glasses sister?
t. only made it to 172 episode

>Tsukuyo will forever be stuck pining because it's a comedy series

I hate this.

The genderbender arc was the best.

True that.
>You will never shit talk and smirk to betas with your gal friend

>thinking the MAL community has respectable taste
Ha

Has your Madao sprouted yet anons?

The Madao bloomed in chapter 596

The first 5 episodes are quite representative of the rest of the show. Watch until episode 5 and judge for yourself if the comedy suits your taste. If you don't laugh at this point drop it.

It's Japanese Simpsons only with a slightly wackier premise.

I would fuck the living shit out of Fem!Okita

MAL sucks, but Sup Forums as a whole is somehow even shittier. The only shows I've ever seen Sup Forums hit the mark on in giving a ton of respect while MAL didn't were Madoka and Ping Pong, and even then, the first was only because of cute girls.

Every other show that Sup Forums has ever really hyped has either been shit, also hyped by MAL, or both. Lucky Star was shit. Haruhi was good, but MAL also liked it. Code Geass was shit. Rozen Maiden was supreme shit. Kill La Kill was shit. Umaru was shit.

It gets really good around 288.

>MAL LIKE IT FUCK THIS ANIME HAHAHA

Is this a joke? Sup Forums your taste is just as bad as any other fucking normalfags anime community out there.

When it come to manga the shounen jump shit are the most popular here and right now Sup Forums favorite anime is RE:Zero.

You can't get more pleb than RE: Zero.

Is this one of the rare instances where the anime>manga?

I never really got into Gintama but I never see people discussing the manga.

No

I'm about to start watching the series after the first 201.

Gintama', Gintama Enchousen, etc.

I've only got HS batches for these and am wondering if there are extremely Japanese cultural references galore that HS won't have TL notes for. Should I try to find other subgroups for it or will TL notes be unnecessary?

Type properly you nigger

I don't think you have a choice. Just watch them.

>I never see people discussing the manga.
The manga is ending this year, there are the occasional threads dedicated to the manga.
From what I've heard, the anime seems to be viewed in a higher regard than the manga, but I can't verify this.

>..

Fuck off.

Watch them and you'll find out

It's the Deadpool of manga. In order to really appreciate it you have to be acquainted with dozens of Shounen Jump titles or ilk just like them for the references.

If you are a reformed Big Three fan, then it might be worth a chuckle, or even a guffaw or two. If you never touched that shit, then you can do so much better things with your time.

Enjoy the occasional gems posted on Sup Forums
>And You
>Rooftop Fight webm
and then move on.

Another season when?

This pic is brilliant.

It's god tier as a comedy, shit tier as a battle manga, the serious arcs are cringe worthy.

It's got one of the most lovable casts in anime and is one of my favourite series ever either way.

don't know anything about it, is it some kind of comedy or action or? I always avoided it because of the weirdly high score on MAL

yes

MAL likes ping pong you idiot. It got #42 and that's actually good

youtube.com/watch?v=1j2TV-6tUvY

>Code Geass was shit

I want to have a completely mundane, normal relationship with Ginko while brutally destroying each others' every orifice in bed

Pretty much this, except I wouldn't call it "good", just decent.

It is great. God tier comedy and characters but most of the doujin are yaoi and I don't even know why

It's weird that the MAL shitposting came after 2016, where are this people coming from? I didn't even know MAL had a top list till this year.

summer

People have been shitting on Gintama for longer than that, it's just that FMA:B and Steins;Gate took the "normalfags please go" badges first

Should I watch the anime or just stick with the manga?

watch the anime and don't judge it from the first episodes