Mob Psycho 100

What did you guys think of the episode?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Gfzl87nq61I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

AOTY
This scene still breaks my heart, can't wait for Teruki arc.

Yeah, they did a really good job with that part, and everything leading up to him going 100%. The Teru arc is going to be crazy.

Worst Arc(first 8ch) in Mob already that strong in the anime from an emotional and technical standpoint, makes it easy to believe that we have anime of the year right there.

They nailed the build up with the narration and flashbacks, so i have high hopes that it will be a spectacle.

I fucking loved how they showed the meter going up.
>That long BEEP when it hits 100%
Oh baby.

Do you think Mob likes manmade milk?

i like the crude animation style a lot, i love it, it's a really good looking show to me.
youtube.com/watch?v=Gfzl87nq61I

no

Like from mothers right? Sure he doesnt mind that.

Explain what is happening here.

>shouts LASER BEAM
>subs Wraither Beam
Bravo HS

Dimple cheated and put something in the milk to make Mob spit it out.

The animation quality is dropping

You're mind is not corrupted enough user.

I came a little when the club girl's head turned into a light bulb

>That little sound she makes
Tome a cute

Oh boy Bones did a good job adapting the crossdressing extra for ep2.

Bravo CR

Episode 3 had the best Quality yet. Which is kinda suprising, if they can pull that off like 3 times again, they have done an excellent Job.

Best episode yet. Hopefully BONES keeps up with the quality for the next episodes.

needs more salt and coins

2 cute

it was gud

Man BONES made him look so good here, I love it.

Is it the same guy who subbed Hero Academia? Goddamn I hate these subs

Learn Japanese.

I don't like 'rage' being used instead of 'anger' for ikari. I don't know if that's just me though

I'm a little confused why they didn't keep the big kanji from the manga. The scene was fine and the leadup was vastly improved, but I feel like the 100% kanji is such an iconic part of the series' visual style that it's an odd choice to just get rid of it. Especially when they've been so loyal to ONE's art style so far.

The MC looks a lot like Saitama

Will we see more of this girl? She was cute and I like the nosy journalist archetype

Yeah, that bugs me too.

>Worst Arc(first 8ch)
But the worst arc by far is everything that led up to the Boss of Scar's fight.

Who cares? It's like fitting a square peg into a round hole. Do you complain that "green" is used in subs to translate ao when talking about stoplights, but "blue" for when talking about the sky? The definition of the Japanese word doesn't fit exactly with the definition of the English word, so the only way to truly appreciate it is to learn Japanese.

not really

He gets NTR'd by a broccoli and she stops being interested in him because his leadership is not big enough.

I don't mind that they missed out on the 'I did not laugh scene. but they really should have put the kanji in this shot. I want Mob's emotions to be collectable eye catches that I can put together in a collage.

For me while Rage/Anger looked cool, i didnt like how it came about, wasnt as strong as the other ones from a story perspective. But it showed how the next few emotions will play out so that was good

Yes. Image not related.

Shut up.

Naw i only didnt like the boss fight or for it was standing for. Other than it was fine.

Yeah, I wish they would have put the huge Kanji in the shot. Would have looked amazing. It's something that really makes the manga stand out for me.

Yeah that's right. It depends on the translator in the end whether words like kozo/gaki are translated as kid or brat and on its context

No, it was shit and way worse than the start of the manga.

What, she doesn't.

the entire claw boss arc was garbage except for Serizawa and the plant man.

The fight was terrible too. Mob went through so many emotions I don't even remember them all.

No the start was the worst part. The Boss Arc wasnt that bad up to the point where they fought him.

I didn't mind the subs for the most part other than "wraither beam," but I feel like "read the mood" makes a lot mroe sense than "get a clue," at least based on the context (idk if "get a clue" is a more accurate/literal translation of the Japanese or whatever)

It was shit from start to finish and not a single thing is bad about the start of the series.

A basic pun, probably.

What do you anons think of the VA?
I'm really impressed by what they are showing

Dimple put his semen in the milk

The beginning was the weakest part, why do you think everyone is saying "wait for it" it will get good and epic. Cause the beginning compared to the rest lacks in everything from characters to story and emotions.
You sound like a kid tho so dont reply to me.

I think the japanese used literally means read the atmosphere (kuuki yomeru?). For example youre with your friend at a party and your friend's crush comes to you and you leave them alone that kinda thing

The manga must suck if thats whats amazing about it for you, or you have no idea what you are talking about.

yeah all the VA's have been amazing so far.

Most impressed by Dimple, Tome and Reigens performance they really fit they Characters.

>you sound like a kid tho so dont reply to me
not him, but you sound like a summerfag

Meh, I still think it's the execution of boss himself and shou that were the weakest part, it just felt like wasted potential.

Nice job autists, rage and anger means the same shit.

That's actually a pretty good translation. If I remember correctly, the original doesn't actually say "laser", which would be レーザ ("re-za"), but 霊ーザ ("rei-za"), which sounds similar and is a pun on 霊 (the "rei" part), which means "soul" (incidentally, this is the kanji used for Reigen's name; the "gen" part is also a pun on ghosts). "Wraither" is actually a pretty decent translation.

Not a fan of Musashi's va, it doesn't sound as buff as it should

You sound like one too, so shut up.

read the mood is probably more accurate but get a clue is a better localization. Tbh I prefer get a clue, it give a double meaning when tsubomi says it

The whole thing of trying to make him laugh dragged a bit too long for me. When they got to the milk part I just wanted them to get over with it already.

When he reached 100% I couldn't stop thinking of One Punch Man, but not in a good way because it felt too similar.

Because deep down, he's a softy.

Yea those parts i disliked strongly too shou the most, would be best if he stayed a villian or died instead of whatever he was. Boss could have been developed better too. Maybe the Visuals and Voice actors can carry this, potential is there.

So how much are we going to get animated this season? Through the Reigen 1000% / Scar Cadre arc?

Yeah it's going up to the 7th branch

Theb you're missing the point of this show.

ONE tried to implement too many ideas at once and went over his capacity, it's really a shame because every character and every plot point on its own could've been really awesome.

He is just a 15 Year old boy sounds mature enough. Muscles dont influence Tone of voice that much. Ronnie Coleman best example.

This Anime is not about fights its a Slice of life comedy, coming of age story. So character emotions and interactions are at the forefront here. Dont like that? Cool, just dont expect any wrong things.

Yea maybe he can look at it again with the Director and change a few things up so it has a stronger imapct and make more sense.

Shou was built up like some sort of final resort to get rid of his father but was rendered useless at the end, I would've preferred if he was the one to diffuse his dad's explosion instead of mob, after all they all share the same ability.

What could they possibly change though?

I always thought it was spoiled milk.

Mob going 100 wasn't really any more impressive than his other fight scenes. It was still wonderfully animated but I think how consistently great this series is might lessen the impact of the big moments. Not that I would wish for a lesser adaptation.

One omake page of the tankobon revealed that the milk itself was called "untasty milk", so dimple probably did nothing but change the brand.

But she does show up a decent bit to talk with mob and for psycho helmet cult stuff. Way more than Tsubomi for example.

No fucking Idea, would have to read it again in detail.
Make the Boss more Human like most characters before him, he felt too much like a plot device that just needs to be defeated. Give him more purpose i guess. Shou could just die dont care about him he is just wierd. But i also think voice acting with nice visuals can bring an adaption quite far so i will wait and see.

Make Shou the real antagonist and kill his own father, then Mob convinces him to be a good guy again, then Shou gets arrested and never shows up for the rest of the series.

Mob Didnt do much in that fight, just stood there and let his barrier do all the work till the last moment. What really matters is how Mob as a Character Develops, he gets more confident and comfortable with his power. Shows more casual Emotion, expresses himself more, things like that.

She's definitely more plot relevant than any other female character aside from Tsubomi, who's more of an idea than an actual character.

I want to have a telepathic link with Tome!

Looking at this tho i think they could really make this arc amazing, its the final after all.

She sounded so cute! CUTE!

I think that's how most fight go, the first time Mob actually became active was during the Mogami fight.

Really doesnt look bad.
Quite badass actually

I started proper laughing at that joke.
The episode was good.

Why is he called mob?

mob = moe blob

you missed

different way to read the kanji in his name

AOTY for me too so far. When will Monday come?

Only 4 Days left, thats like 4 times going to sleep.

>4 times going to sleep
It only counts as 1 if you're desperate enough.

She's in the OP dude

What is it with One and massive cleft chins?