Good examples of the protagonist from the previous show appearing as a secondary character in the sequel?

Good examples of the protagonist from the previous show appearing as a secondary character in the sequel?

What makes the difference for you between a bad example and a good one?

Gundam SEED
Kira was insufferable, but Shinn was an annoying cunt.

>bad example
Let's just get this one out of the way.

Jotaro

Part 4 yes, Part 6 no

>Jolyne doesn't even get to fight her own boss battle

>good example
Dio in part 3

>bad example
Joseph in part 4
Polnareff in part 5

>what makes a bad example
Previous protagonist taking over the sequel just because of muh popularity/muh self insert/writer being incompetent

I heard they had planned for Shinn to be the new main character, but after they realized everyone hated team Shinn, they had to shift them all to the antagonist role and bring back the old crew. Then they took the only worthwhile member of team Shinn and handed her to Asuran.

Koichi from part 4 to 5 was pretty alright

Jotaro was a better support than MC as well

You want to know a bad fucking example of this. Fucking Char, Amuro, and Kamile being in the opening of ZZ but Kamile is the only one who ever shows up and is in maybe 4 episodes out of twenty, and three of those he's a vegetable.

>4 episodes out of twenty
Fifty*

I mean part 6 was all over the place

Kamille is based so it's okay.

Char never showed up in ZZ, glemy replaced him.

Pic unrelated.

Amuro was fucking boring in Zeta and so was his fucktoy.

Char was planned to show up in ZZ but then Char's Counterattack as a project got green lit so Char just kind of hung out and watched shit go down off screen instead

Seeing Touma in Railgun was great.

He's in the first OP screaming for the first 30 episodes. Same with Amuro. The first time I watched it I was insanely disappointed neither showed up.

Kamille's a little dickhead with a girl's name
he makes amuro look like a real man.

Shirou in Prisma Illya 3Rei.

I haven't watched Gundam SEED Destiny in a long time. Didn't the good guys lose?

Yes he did.