BLAME

Should I read the manga or watch the OVAs?

Is this manga similar to Lain and Texhnolyze?

Other urls found in this thread:

mangaeden.com/it/it-manga/blame-and-so-on/1/1/
youtube.com/watch?v=SIF5BLyh3Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=pOh78j8F3-o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mangaeden.com/it/it-manga/blame-and-so-on/1/1/

the art book is amazing

Why is there a BLAME! thread every day lately?

imo the OVAs are dross compared to the manga

It's trendy

Because they announced a terrible looking movie for it, partnered with netflix.

also this

>mfw there will never be a biomega movie in the mango style

it's about stairs

Is ABARA related to Biomega or Blame or Cydonia?

That makes you WOW

Isn't this from Abara?

it is indeed

to be honest, I'm more interested in 人形の国.
the art's very gray, but it looks interesting so far.

In the sense that they all share some common concepts and companies.

Are Cydonia and ABARA set in the same universe?

Aside from the Guana, I don't think that's any connection, but In haven't read Sidonia yet.

Read the manga
Blame! is unique, no matter how much you search for something similar, you will never find it ;_;

You again?

Oh...it is ABARA then

I think the girl's too cute.
Was that the manga that Nihei will continue to work on, or something else?

The only ones related are NOiSE and Blame!

I assume it's up to the publisher and will depend on how well it's received?

>Texhnolyze is pretty much Blame!

So that wasn't a oneshot?

Noise is a one shot

Isn't there another oneshot set after Blame!? Or was that part of Blame! High?

Sorry, I was talking about the newer one with the snow and the little robot thing.

blame high was only about 40% actually blame high
the rest was single-chapter one-shots, one of which was a story set in the blame world after the events of blame

Blame2 is just a spinoff

then there is a crossover with Cydonia

It's "Sidonia."

So what's the deal with the last page of BLAME!?

Is the small person the net terminal whatever or what?

Right, I couldn't remember if there was another distinct manga. I was thinking of Blame2, as said, which I don't remember whether or not it was also a part of Blame! Academy, but it doesn't matter.

It turns out there was just a dream

Yeah, the "pure" human.

I've been looking through this, but the manga that starts on page 140 is too small and/or grainy to read. Any idea if a cleaner scan exists?

Fuck off.

Been meaning to read Blame since forever since megastructures make my dick hard.

I have nothing constructive to add to the conversation though.

It's ok, telling us about your dick is more than enough user.

Has interview in here between Tsutomu Nihei and Guillermo del Toro ever been translated?

Could someone post that reference picture that puts the sizes depicted in Blame into a context?

Most likely not it but I had these saved for whatever reason.
1/2

2/2

Manga is the best thing that could have happened to humanity.
Read the manga religiously in superior paper format because it's the only thing worth buying in this universe.
When I look at my library and I see all the shitty manga around BLAME! I feel like I'm defiling the sacred of it.

thanks these are it, appreciate it

Because it's getting a new anime, it's either unironic shilling or people who want to run it to the ground.
Either way
STOP
T
O
P

Literally my favorite setting in anything ever.

Fuck I love mega structures.

Gets my dick rock hard every time.

Is this on Blame manga?

KEEEEEEEEEK
I love your devotion to Nihei
You should buy Narutaru and Bokurano tho

How is the Bokurano anime compared to the manga?

Yes it was included in the italian edition of Blame!. If I'm not mistaken only the jap and italian version have it.

It's different.

>OVAs?
the ovas dont even scratch the magnificense of the Toha heavy industries arc no even talking Lulinvega Arc
your pic related

ABANDON ALL HOPE
ABANDON ALL HOPE

Nihei flat out stated that the Blame! series will be realized like Sidonia to appeal to a broader audience.

ABANDON ALL HOPE
ABANDON ALL HOPE

Didnt poor Killy already suffer through enough?

On the other hand in the same interview he has been meaning to make something completely different from BioMega and Blame! but he doesn't want to give himself deadlines and for now he goes around saying people he retired. What a based guy.

he said he has been meaning*

How hard is the dialogue in 日本語 ?

Core 2k.

Remember the kid in first chapter? It repeats

It was the kid that was born from Cibo and he has the net terminal gene. That's why he wears the suit.

>they announced a terrible looking movie for it

It objectively looks decent

Ok thanks senpai

>decent
>CGI
Doesn't add up.

killy its a cuck

Well they do have the budget at least, and the 3rd berserk movies CGI was also watchable, and it had a lot less money to spent

It's totaly different...
I recommend the narutaru anime tho!
youtube.com/watch?v=SIF5BLyh3Mk

A Biomega movie would be pretty mind blowing

Are you italian?
The italian deluxe version of Blame must have it

>Lulinvega Arc
Cant wait to read about that ambitious cybor on Blame

>It repeats
WHAT? is it an endless loop????

Yes I am. I don't own the it but I've seen that the interview is in there.

>It was the kid that was born from Cibo
So Cibo has sex in the manga?

I don't own it*

youtube.com/watch?v=pOh78j8F3-o

that's what people are afraid of

Cibo gets artificially inseminated, as I recall.

cuckolding is popular in future

>Netflix
Oh, that explains all the newfags.

Sììì
Mi sono giusto ordinato la Deluxe!

Bella

> it had a lot less money to spent
Do we actually have figures on the budget for this, or are you just making the same silly old "it's a company that spends lots of money on another market so obviously they'll give their anime huge budgets too" assumption?

Btw....who the hell is this Guillermo del Toro ?
I dont care about hellboy

What did you guys think of Sidonia?

Did they strip a few galaxies of its resources to make this?

A series devastated by the introduction of a single character and haremshit bringing it over the edge.

Who's that single character?

But yeah the harem thing was weird for nihei...

Tsumugi of course. Everything went completely off the rails at that point.

I will agree that the story took a really weird turn.
I thought that oichi would backstab sidonia using tsumugi not long after she was introduced but she somehow became a love interest.

And the talking infinitely long penis moe head was weird.

I'm still butthurt about hoshijiro.

I also think overall quality would have greatly increased with some pre-Immortal Ship Committee ancient history and worldbuilding.

Instaed we get a total of one page about the existence of a single other Seed ship and nothing about Earth or the fall of it.

The Epilogue still makes me mad.

We also never learned where the kabi came from. Or where do the gauna come from, where they trying to communicate in any way with humans?

So many unanswered questions.

Also what the fuck was up with izana and yuhata becoming a couple at the very end of the manga?

nu/a/-reddit can't in2 appreciate good mango

i really hope you all kill yourselves.

No.
In Blame Gakuen and So On, they confirm that Killy eventually succeeded

It's metaphorically fuckin' magic.
Humans figured out how to make more use of the materials in their solar system and used it to construct the sphere.
It seems the concept is that the megastructure is simply less dense and uses the same technology as the GBE.

In Blame!^2 is outright stated Killy succeded in stopping the city's growth and that he became an hero and a legend.

The Kabi are made from the Gauna, because humanity's weapons aren't enough to pierce Gauna megastructure. To scratch a diamond, you need another diamond. It's that simplistic of an idea.

The Gauna are just a thing. Like animals, or machines. They obviously have a basic self-preservation mechanism, and apparently only have one programming: to copy things. As you see in the final chapter or so, which was foreshadowed since the very first chapter.

There's no meaning in trying to pursue the history of the Gauna, because it is impossible to communicate with them. Anything that the Gauna copy, that achieves sentience, is essentially not a Gauna, as the copy of one of the pink clones tells you in the rescue mission.

>The Kabi are made from the Gauna, because humanity's weapons aren't enough to pierce Gauna megastructure. To scratch a diamond, you need another diamond. It's that simplistic of an idea.
I got that but I was thinking about the kabi cheese pyramid structure they found floating in space when I wondered where kabi comes from. I should have been more specific.

I've always wondered if the copying thing the gauna do is an attempt at communication.
Like the 22nd honoka who got eaten by the gauna and was sentient for a moment.

Bump for rare manga discussion.

I'd guess another alien race made the kabi. There was also at least one gauna inside the cheese ship, and the structure itself interfered with their sensors like the gauna did a few times. Maybe the gauna replicated some extinct alien race's anti-gauna tech. Maybe a gauna achieved sentience and started doing sciencey shit. I really liked the gauna's design. They just blindly copy things and are like accidental Borg.

Where have you been last two weeks?