(((Therapy)))

I was committed involuntary to a hospital after trying to commit suicide.

They also forced me into therapy. I've been billed over, and over, and over, and over. (3 months and they still keep coming in.)

All of them are over $9000. They never stop. I don't even get a list telling me what costs what.

What the FUCK do I do?

I'm already taking the measures to never go to the hospital under any circumstance no matter what happens to me, I just want to know how to rip this parasitic fucking leech off my back.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ryTn81fJUko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>trying to commit suicide
there are so many guaranteed ways, nice job you failure

So much for land of the free? Bet you wish you had universal healthcare now don’t cha

Refuse to pay. There's nothing they can do about it.
Or bankruptcy.

Just don't pay it. What are they gonna do? You already tried to kill yourself once...

Just don’t pay them! That’s what I do!

Either succeed or stop attempting. Also, hope you get better.

Talk to a good attorney
Don't pay, not until you know your legal rights

Fill in all the payment details with glue then use glitter to bring that motherfucker to life.

Seriously, if they open your payment and it's written in glitter, they can't assume you're sane enough to pay, but they can't arrest you again since you're not harming anyone.

I'm not suicidal in the least anymore. I was in an extremely dark spot at that moment.

Can't you just not pay medical bills and they just kinda sit there forever?

I was told by friends that they would sue me for every last penny that I would have, and then I'd be forced to live in bankruptcy with an eternal debt hanging over my head and a shitty credit score.

I don't want to live like that.

>Try to commit suicide
>Pay thousands of dollars when you fail
>Not helped whatsoever

Bravo Capitalism!

>Bet you wish you had universal healthcare now don’t cha
Bet you wish someone else paid for your gibs now, don't cha

But what does the scouter say about your bills, Vegeta?

they can't, medical debt is way different than actual debt

Now THAT'S the Australia I know and love!

So glad to hear that you are safe now, user. Maybe now you can get back to work and start making me shekels again...*cough* .......I mean...enjoying your life again!!

>live in bankruptcy the rest of my life
That is not even close to how bankruptcy works. Not at all. Did you even google before you started shitposting here?

>What the FUCK do I do?
Just call them and have a rational conversation. Be honest. If you did not request the counseling then they are on their own. IF they continue to bother you, I will tell you a great way to get them off your back.

Make payments, in person and ONLY pay in change. Make sure it is loose. Place change on counter, and advise them you want a beginning and ending balance of the bill, and a receipt for your payment. Let them know you will be back next month again to pay in change.

Here is why this works. IF you are making a monthly "Good faith" payment, they won't be able to hammer you, because you are "trying". Once they calculate the costs, they realize it costs more to process the payment than the payment is for.

They will stop after 2 months.

I did this to a collector. They were billing me for school taxes in a year when I was a student (High School 11th grade). $4k was the cutoff, and I made $4,087. They wanted 300ish dollars. No one cared. I told them it was illegal to report to credit because I was 16 at the time. Then, I reached in my pocket and slammed $3ish in change. I never got another bill, or phone call.

If you didn't sign up for it, you can fuck them until they fuck off. If you can't pay in person, send checks for a few dollars once a month.

op, legal aid attorneys won't charge if you qualify
Hospitals do write-offs all the time
You need an attorney

Out of the box thinking like this is the reason I frequent this Tibetan macrame board

I hope its really that easy, thanks.

suicidal people are property of the state. they can't "not consent" to counselling.

That why you always lie and say you feel fine. always always.

I'm not shitposting, I'm just in a fucking panic and at this point will listen to anything someone tells me about how anything revolving the
"real world" works.

>after trying to commit suicide
>What the FUCK do I do
Don't make the same mistake ever again. Get rid of yourself now for sure so they won't be able to bring you into therapy ever again.

when I went to the psyche ward the shit was comped

Involuntary institionalism is hardly capitalism.

The real word either doesn't work or is pity-powered at best. You can try crying, if you're pretty. You can also try this: I've seen it work with other debts.

>after trying to commit suicide
>What the FUCK do I do
Don't make the same mistake ever again. Get rid of yourself now for sure so they won't be able to bring you into therapy ever again.

Bonus points if you write a letter before suicide with blaming the therapy and that hospital as the reason you are going to kill yourself for real

STUPID FAGGOT.

>trying to commit suicide

why the attention seeking worth it?

This is obviously a eurofag pretending to be american

Just don't pay the fuckers.

billing a suicidal nut.......ya thats gonna help

your credit will be fucked for 7 years. maybe go to a monastery or something until the debt clears.

If you get suicidal again, take those cocksuckers out with you.

CONSIDER THAT you may be better off trying to work with the hospital to come up with some sort of reasonable payment plan, BEFORE they send it to a collection agency. Because they likely wouldn't be willing to make a deal like that AFTER they send it to a collection agency.

This was something I learned from unexpected emergency room bills and no insurance coverage in 2015.

This post is spot on. OP, you need to contact them and let them know you can't pay it all off at once, and you NEED a payment plan of some type.

The second it goes to a collection agency, its out of their hands. The agency will "buy" the debt, and make up its costs by tacking on all kinds of bullshit fees. Its how they operate. And before you go thinking you can ignore them, companies sell the debt to other companies constantly. So the longer you ignore the phone calls, the higher the debt goes, and to several other companies as well.

Contact the hospital tomorrow, let them know you're shit poor (even if you're not), and ask them to set up a payment plan and possibly reduce pricing on some of the bullshit items (If you got hooked up to an IV, that bag is like 250$ by itself. They'll shave costs like that to bring down your bill a bit).

Don't ignore it man, its manageable, it also fucking sucks major cock, but its better then going to get a loan, or even a good job, and being denied because you're in debt.

Something else to add, medical debt, along with student loan debt, can NOT be waved by declaring bankruptcy. Just about every other kind of debt can, but these two can not. Now, unlike Student Loan Debt, they can't garnish your wages for medical debt, they can just prevent you from doing basic shit like opening up a bank account, house loans, car loans, possible good jobs (Corporate America checks your credit score and debts).

youtube.com/watch?v=ryTn81fJUko

Considering, you didn't want to live without the debt, beforehand.... I mean what more can they really do to you? Tell you that you owe them, for something you didn't want in the first place? Best of luck user. Don't check out early. Buy the ticket, ride the ride. Stay safe, eat well, and find a warm place to sleep.

93% Ammonium Nitrate, 7% Fuel Oil for a nice ANFO mixture. McVeigh the motherfuckers.

If you're actually panicking, then fair enough. Although you shouldn't have come to an anime imageboard for help.

Bankruptcy in America works like this: you prove that you can't make enough money to pay the INTEREST on your debts. You go to bankruptcy court and show this and then the court declares you "bankrupt" and then they wipe out your debt. Poof, it's gone. The only exceptions are Child Support and Student Loans. Hospital bills are ez pz to wipe out.

Now, once you are "bankrupt", you have no debt, but that does go on your credit report, so it'll be very very hard to get access to credit (for things like a credit card, or a mortgage on a house, or an auto loan). Additionally it will make it hard to rent in nice places or anywhere that won't take cash. (A cosigner on a rental agreement usually satisfies their requirements, it's up to the landlord what they'll accept).

Now that sucks, right? Well guess what, the "bankrupt" label "falls off" your credit report after 7 years. By law your credit report can only go back 7 years and after that, you're free and clear of your past. That's why I was so frustrated with your post above, because you don't "live your life" in bankruptcy, it's only 7 years and that's plenty of time to get your life in order and build good financial habits, like not relying on credit.

Go talk to a lawyer, several will work pro bono on bankruptcy cases for poor people (pro bono means for free).

People are poor because they’re stupid and useless, OP failed because he’s so stupid and useless that he can’t even kill himself without failing miserably. Thus, he is punished for being stupid and useless.
Sounds like capitalism is working perfectly to me.

Dumbass. Medical debt can absolutely be wiped out by declaring bankruptcy. The two that cannot be wiped out are Student Loans and Child Support.

A broken leg cost my grandmother almost $20,000 in medical bills AFTER insurance.

I just paid $50 yesterday for a set of cloth braces that the insurance paid $1,800 for.

American health care needs to be destroyed and rebuilt from the ground up.

TOASTER STEVE

Two of my family members declared bankruptcy. It's not that bad. They can't even take your house. Don't stress out so much, call a lawyer. Free legal advice is out there if you look.

bet you wish your parents loved you, dontcha

they cured you, now you want to live!

They also can't take your primary means of transport, if that's a car you owe money on. That debt will ALSO be wiped out, and you get to keep the car. Lots of people abuse that aspect of bankruptcy court to keep very VERY nice cars even though they've declared bankruptcy (good luck if you total it though).

give us your stream on twitch

They cant. Medical debt isnt the same you can even just send them 10$ every now and then and they shut up.

That's fucking brilliant. I never thought of it that way, but it makes sense because they have to file and copy/waste time to do it.

Decline treatment. Even if a doctor has deemed you "unfit" or "insane", he must heed any denial by the patient.

Contest their accounts on your credit report.

If they pursue you for payment, sue them for ignoring your denial of their services in the past.

Move to somewhere weed is legal.

Install vanilla wow Elysium.

Smoke dope and play wow and dont worry about stuff.