Why do normies waste $10-20,000 a year on rent?

Why do normies waste $10-20,000 a year on rent?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5IS02I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?&tag=sfm8-20
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

they stop thinking when they think about money. money is seen as the "prize" but they have to spend to make. they're on a circle track and they want to pay to be there forever.

Everything is rent

must be a fake listing, ontario is in canada

No groids, but highest crime rates in Oregon

nobody wants to live in a shed, in a shitty ghost town that straddles the Oregon / Idaho border.

I would pay $30k just to avoid such a fate.

pretty sure this is illegal immigrant/meth lab housing

>Ontario, OR
>violent crime 36% above the US average;
>property crime 70% above US average
>(2001-2015 city-data com)

get a gun with the money you save on rent
do you even fucking respect america?
looks comfy as shit authentic tacos it's not like living with niggers the spics can improve

Because they don't want to live in a fucking shed surrounded by Mexicans.

What else would they spend their money on?

forgot pic
wtf not enough trans poc sex dungeons? you don't like main street rent an affordable storefront and do something

The sad part is I cannot even afford a Mexican rape shack.

Califag here, mine is a cunthair above $30k but I could afford significantly more. You do it because you get paid enough and don't give a shit. It's called "scale"

>property taxes 20K a year

>paying $31k for a cuckshed
topkek

Also a Califag, living in West LA is worth every penny. Surrounded by Mexicans but they are basically servants and the food is awesome. The White Angeleno is not reproducing with the Mexican any time soon.

Yet people live in >500 sq foot 1 br apartments all the time. That shed would be better than any apartment of the same design.

Property tax is $450. There is a lot of crime here but most of the dead bodies are dumped from Idaho.

An apartment here costs $500 if you can find one, all in this costs $200 to own

Mine's about $400 a month, and it's a shithole apartment at the very bottom of the building. Roaches everywhere.

You have to be 18 to post here.

Where am I supposed to live you dumbass nigger?

A room for rent in my area is $700 a month. What should I do? Spend $700 a month to live in someone else's house following curfew's and shit like a fucking 12 year old? Can't even bring a girl over to fuck her because the people you're renting from would hear it and complain.

renting for a few years is a good way to build good credit

Buy Raid you fucking animal

>Buy Raid.
Probably should, but I don't know if there is anyplace I could get to by foot.
I don't have a car and my bicycle's front tire has some issues.

And this is why the rest of us have to pay a "luxury" premium - to not live around disgusting niggers like you who breed cockroaches, you worthless derelict fuck

Rent is less than a house note. Not like you would know.

>rent an affordable storefront and do something
Something like get your store robbed by all the spics in the area? House prices in these areas and other areas would even out if we got rid of the crime.

here you go

amazon.com/gp/product/B00J5IS02I/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?&tag=sfm8-20

>Implying I'm a nigger.
I live in derelict situations now because I'm saving for the future, hoping to build a large enough stock portfolio to greatly supplement my future income. I am an industrious individual with a passion for literature, and in a couple of years I will have my Master's in accounting.
Plus I still kill the roaches when I see them, so I'm not a nigger.

>Amazon.
Perhaps. Thanks for the link.

you seriously have to be retarded

Wanna meet up user?? I live in the same town as you

who's the fucking leaf weaboo who named a city after my province?

Kikes

if you roll into town and see a store that says "affordable cell phones", avoid that town

Oregon is literally the worst fucking state in the union, it's like California with it's massively liberal population and shitty weather. You will be so sick of the constant rain that you would never want to live there. Western NV is best.

Not really a whole lot of rain in Ontario OR just very hot summers very cold winters

poorfags don't grasp home ownership. I moved into my "current" home in a hurry 2 years ago. I needed to be close to my father, who was dying from ALS (protip he died 09-11-2016). I put my home up for sale last week....WOW. I had no idea that in 2 years the market would move the way it did. I am looking at a HUGE payoff. My home was "cheap". It has gone up in value 30%, and I look to make out like a bandit. Selling the home in the suburbs, and moving back to INNAWOODS....where I was when I came back to "civilization". Better yet, I will have so much spare change from home sale that I will be able to buy a nice home outright innawoods. I love the economy, and love home prices going up! Keep up the good work America! Lots of people want homes, but there is only so many.

You can buy my home, and I will simply build another one. I am that kinda guy.

I laughed.

A litteral CuckShed.

You wont own it either way

No, it sure isn’t where I live. I just sold a house that could have been rented for $1400-1500 a month but my mortgage was only $625 a month.

Also you shouldn’t try to sound smug when you call a bill a “note” like a nigger. Just saying.

>this
Pure lies, anywhere in LA is fucking awful unless you make good money or live with your parents. Being that we are all chan tards here, you probably don't get out of you room often enough to realize just how terrible everything surrounding your place is.

That house in your picture would cost around 500k in a city where you have a decent chance of fiding a job. That is hwy I rent.

>$10 rent for a year
Sign me up

>the entire state of Oregon is Portland

???????

>no jobs

The typical monthly mortgage payment is 1% of the principal. Oh, and guess what? The bank doesn't pay your home owner's insurance! Not to mention wind or flood coverage. Combine those costs with interest and renting become the only option for millions of people.

Where the fuck did this "there are the only jobs in the city" meme come from?

I live in a 30k population suburb making 90k a year and bought a good house for 215k.
I spend significantly less on my mortgage than some citycuck does on an apartment that they will NEVER OWN

Cityfags are legitimately retarded. If you aren't in the top .1% then you are being taken advantage of by living in a city

>making the minimum payment
>taking a 30 year mortgage

Lmao

>Outhouse size shed
>Middle of nowhere buttfuck Oregon
>No jobs to even buy shed
>Highest crime rate in entire state

Gee, can't see why these babies aren't being snatched up like an underaged boy in a weinstein movie set.

It depends on where you go, but most places in the country owning is cheaper than renting. I'm currently making money by buying houses and converting them into rentals. The rent is enough to cover the mortgage, insurance, everything, and still make a profit.

If you're a decent programmer and have experience in the open source community you can get a remote job if you're willing to work for a bit less than an office job
I'm making $75 a year working remotely. I used to be making $95 a year living in a city and commuting, but I took the pay hit to be able to escape the city
Now I live just outside a small town, I can go days without seeing another person if I want to
My house was $120, and its alright
I'm gonna be completely debt free soon
Feels comfy

>in a couple of years will have my masters in accounting
Took me a year at one of the best accountancy schools in the US

Its not that poorfags don't get it. Often its either not feasible or its simply too expensive depending on the location. Large cities you're going to spend at least half a million for a dinky, shitty 2 bedroom house.

The other problem is that houses are made for two people with families. If you're single, owning a house is pointless, as the upkeep, property tax (this can vary wildly from city to city), school tax, maintenance, and other unforeseen shit you have to pay for (trash, recycling, possibly HOA fees) make it cost more than renting. Of course renting is an entirely different level of bullshit in of itself.

Really, unless you have a family, you're kind of in a lose/lose situation no matter what as they do not make houses for just a single person.

Don't forget your 70k down payment and your 10k for move in costs like home inspection, hiring movers, paperwork, etc

>Combine those costs with interest and renting become the only option for millions of people.
I am calling bullshit on this. It is about living within your means. I am paying on a home. For what my "Payment" is, I could not rent a 2 bdr apartment. I pay $1k/month no matter what. This makes 2 extra payments a year. My insurance and taxes ARE PART of my payment (I forget the word).

I have at least 3x the space of a similar priced apartment.

Quit being a bitch and stop renting. It is just tossing money away.

> tfw love rain and get it less than weekly in jersey
disgustingly liberal and rainy sounds like a straight upgrade desu

What languages do you do? How much experience did you have to have before going remote? I'm trying to do the same

cause that city fucking sucks

Minimum payments are the norm. I can imagine that a household with two working adults and no kids (why do you need three bedrooms and two bathrooms?) might be able to repay a greater share of the principal each month. I forgot to include the cost of utilities, lawn care, and other maintenance. Most mortgage holders borrow yet more money for the cost of repairs. And I almost forgot property taxes!

tl;dr homes are too expsensive for an entire generation of people

A country of ignorant pieces of shit basically allowing the housing market to rapidly spin out of control by indefinitely increasing costs. Rent has gone up about $200/ a month since last year. Wages have not. Jobs in construction refuse to bring new people on, and without savings learning a trade is nigh impossible. These issues are worsened by general reactions of ignorance by the populous.

what fucking mansion are you buying

>Large cities you're going to spend at least half a million for a dinky, shitty 2 bedroom house.
No one makes you live there.

You are scraping against one of the "issues" but aren't spelling it out.

People have meme degrees, and loan payments in careers that are only "good" in cities. Way to go. Your choice in careers has locked you into slavery. Makes me glad I disregarded everything my guidance counselor said.

I have no college degree, and make just over $40/hour. My career is not tied to any single place. I can take it to rural no-where USA or NY NY.....except that NY NY would pay me $50+/hour.

No one NEEDS a college education. Now you see that. Everyone can see that now. You got sold up a river by the system. Thank god I always "Does not meet potential". My life is worth a positive net value. I could vanish tomorrow, and all my debts would be zeroed, and my wife would get a pile of cash.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Neat. Looks like you can buy your drugs from the house next door.

School districts are the biggest reason more people don't own homes. The average home in my area is over 300k. It used to be that most school districts were "good", not any longer. In my area there is one school district that is all white, and rated high, and the homes here are on average over 200k more than the next district over. Responsible parents that are not "rich" will sacrifice to make certain their children go to a good school.

Credit is a trap created by the banks to enslave the lower and middle class

>70k down
My down payment was 40k, you can do an 80-10-10 mortgage to make it half that if you want
>10k move in costs
Whut
>hiring movers
What the fuck, do it yourself and get friends and family to help, weirdo. I had a move in party, got it done in a single day. (Obviously had stuff still in boxes, but the stuff was in the house at least)

>be Engineer sailorfag
>work away
>make bank
>no living expense while working
>buy 50 acres in bumfuck nowhere cheap cuz "no jerbs"
>no niggers so no crime
>laugh at renters/city fags tied to their shithole with no hope of escape
>feelsgood

-Because places with higher rent are often the places where there is more and better jobs
-Long commutes drain the soul.
-Flexibility - in the US were property taxes are a big issue you can get fucked over hard on your investment if a politican decides to increase the shake down.

how much down do you have to put down on each house since they're not your primary residences?

>Credit is a trap created by the banks to enslave the lower and middle class
It is a very easy system to manipulate...but people are cucks and get 12000 credit cards. When I bought my home, I had NOTHING on my credit report. NOTHING. I had an almost 800 credit score...which is not perfect, I know.
I had to sign up for a credit card, and use it ONCE and pay it off (I filled up my gas tank in my Cadillac).....suddenly there is no issue giving me a loan for $140k.

Wow. 1 credit card/30 days old. Have a house.

I never EVER EVER used credit cards. EVER. I bought a car with credit in 2000. The mortgage guy asked how I survive......Point out the window at my 2 Cadillacs, and let him know that I paid cash outright.

>confused by move in costs
>40k down payment
>moves his own shit

must be a real shit hole house you bought, what did you pay for it, like 120k-160k? shits probably not even 2000 square feet

>lawn care
Lawn mower:40 bucks on craigslist
Gas for lawnmower: 5-10 a month max

Wow

I'm literally SAVING money paying a mortgage and related expenses rather than renting. You do realize utilities, etc. aren't free when you rent, right?

There is a reason your landlord makes money, and it's not because you are getting a better deal on the property than him.

Most of the stuff I work on is in python, but there's a hell of a lot of random bash scripts as well
Basically I do a mixture of qa and devops for a company that does consulting with larger companies to help them switch to the open source world from either microsoft or oracle's ecosystems
I have about 6 years experience at a pretty big company doing somewhat boring, routine work. This is way more fun

housing is really fucked over here. 8-12% interest rate wtf?

You can rent a place for half of what you pay for mortage, and invest that money on stocks.

>homes are too expsensive for an entire generation of people
no, you just can't budget worth a dam
>why do you need three bedrooms and two bathrooms
you are aware that houses come in multiple sizes right?

Where the fuck do you live that you need a down payment like that. FHA loans are 3.5% down. Move out into small towns and get USDA rural development for 0% down payment.
Bought my house forclosed. 80k. Literally cost me $3k down and I negotiated closing cost covered by bank. I own a 1600sqft ranch on an acre and I pay $850/month ($400 mortgage, $75 PMI, $200 taxes and $175 for homeowners insurance)

This it's like this in most cities

>Rent house
>Pay 10k a year in rent
>"Hey user we're promoting you, you'll make double what you make now but you'll have to move halfway across the country though."
>"Sign me the fuck up."

>Take out a $250k loan from Mr. Goldstein
>Pay 10k a year on your loan
>"Hey user we're promoting you, you'll make double what you make now but you'll have to move halfway across the country though."
>Can't move because you're chained to a house you won't own until it's 30 years later and it's worth less than what you bought it for

Oregon property taxes are akin to soul rape. We don't pay sales taxes so they rake us over the coals. I sold my house right before the big Freddie mac collapse for 350K, one year later it was on sale again for 80k and yet the taxes were exactly the same, it's gone up since the prices have recovered.

This is true to a certain extent, and especially true about the college thing, however there are many people who are forced to live in cities because that is the only place they can get a job. You can easily sit there and say "Move out! Get a job some place else!" not realizing that small towns won't have job vacancies simply because of the nature of small towns. People generally move AWAY from small towns because there are no job prospects there. The smaller the town, the fewer services are needed to keep it running. Less people means less openings for jobs.

you can usually get cheaper mortgages if you make a bigger downpayment, so answer is really, as much as you can put forward
banks also offer good interest rates for buying rental property, since the property will be mostly paying its own mortgage

i pay 2880€ rent a year in a rural town.

>live in marxist australia
>taxed to death
>property rights don't exist
>property prices make your nose bleed
Why would anyone buy right now?

It's 2150 square feet, built 2004.
In very good condition, in a beautiful town in the Pacific Northwest.
I'm buying another house after this one, and having a rentcuck move in and pay the mortgage for me so that I have a free house in 20 years

>tfw gonna retire at 49 with at least 2 houses and pension
>tfw you wageslave your years away

K

>1600sqft

congrats on your shed

I'm guessing you work as a Walmart greeter or some shitty blue collar job doing 60 hours a week to make ends meet. You probably don't have a wife either as you live in the middle of nowhere and there's no girls around.

Anywhere else in America, a good house is 400k at least. 800k if you're in the city

A mortgage is the only acceptable debt. And still should be paid off asap. Also you don't need credit for home loans. It can help but I bought mine based off my income, and 4 years of rental receipts showing I can make payments reliably.

>tfw almost 30 and spend over 1k a month on rent in a Midwest suburb.

I know I should buy a house but I don't want to be tied down in this liberal hellhole for decades.

The shed I use to house some pots is bigger than that cuckshed.

Did you not read his post?
He doesn't need to work his ass off because his costs are low

What is wrong with millennials? Why did they NEVER learn basic personal finance

honestly its shit like this that turns people to communism

wheres my gibs

I live in Los Angeles and I don't even have a down payment for a house in a SHITTY neighborhood

>800k if you're in the city
why the unholy fuck would you pay that much money for a house, or live in a city

Somewhere close to where you work, within walking distance to eliminate travel costs. Also, jobs don't just exist in overly-saturated urban environments.

>Why do normies waste $10-20,000 a year on rent?

Because they don't want to live in Mom's basement.

Thats what shocked me the most about learning about Americas tax system (as well as some states having their own income tax) - the federal income tax rates seemed suspiciously low

Lol at all you fags ITT bragging about your shitty houses, you probably all live in shitty ass neighborhoods too

I bet you could though. If the bank would let you take out a mortgage on this place, you could probably pay less than $400 usd per month with a 10 year mortgage.

My point is that most people can't bear large assortment of costs associated with gradually owning a home.

When does one mow one's grass? Is it before or after working the long hours required to make the monthly mortgage payments?

I understand why young people today choose not to own homes. So many people work for years and years just to own one home. And that's it. That's the life's greatest asset.