Defend this shit

Defend this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qOC0aXMzsOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

shikari shiro

I can't

Back then, most of their budget went towards animation. Now, most of it goes towards plot.

Left one is a Movie Special. Right one is made in 'Nam.

>Now, most of it goes towards plot.
Then why is the plot still shit?

>Take the best from A
>Take the worst from B
>make chart
>A>B confirmed

>budget for plot

By plot, do you mean more cocaine for Toriyama and the writing team? If so, then yes.

Post what you think is the best of Super. Chances are it's still shit.

anime quality just isn't what is used to be. Something we all have to learn to live with now.

Why is he going from SSJGSSJ to SSJ?

Super is BY FAR the worst animated anime ever

not even on par with 70s anime

>anime quality just isn't what is used to be
Oh please, there's enough beautiful looking anime coming out nowadays. The anime industry just realizes that for automatic successes like Dragonball or Berserk less than a fraction of the effort put into the original is needed.

How can Dragonball fags make the same thread every day? What do you hope to gain from discussing this image over and over again?

better give a good example senpai because all ive been seeing is full retard-tier effects and filters

Cant see how anyone that was with og DB-DBZ can stomach this.

That scene was one of the better ones from that Super episode famalam and almost all of the original TV special looked that good.

youtube.com/watch?v=qOC0aXMzsOE
nah
worst normie shit ever

It's a comparison between what should be exactly the same scenes. Adding the condition now that we're comparing best of A to worst of B is irrelevant, considering that's not what the intention is at all.

>Implying that doesn't just prove Toriyama can draw a grand total of six faces

nobody has made action anime that look like the left in years, decades even. typical dbz casual fans are just that ignorant.
the industry has changed. theres more studios and theres way more shows, but they are all much cheaper and made with less effort. if your goal is just to recoup costs and survive a show from the 90s would be considered a complete waste of time and resources in this climate.

anime have nothing to do with Toriyama
DBS is just lame and actually with a terrible pacing too

Even if he was involved, it's wrong. I hate that meme.

That shit makes me mad.

A lot of this is actually just Toei. I can think of some beautifully animated action shows that have aired in the last few years. Hell, this season.

You are blind. I probably stick to older anime more than most people here and I know as far as action and choreography, at least anime has progressed efficiently to that effect.

>Defend it
Ok. they have less budget and you're a faggot for making a big deal about it but still watching it and giving it popularity so it'll never change.

Most of it go to voice actor and director, fuck those greedy cunts

One was a movie and the other was a short flashback in a weekly show.

Yes but there is 23 years between them

He's probably someone from Sup Forums or another shitty board.

DB can't get a budget in 2016?
Then there's no hope for toei.

Do you think that outsourced sweatshop animators have improved in the past 23 years to the point of competing with dedicated movie animators?

Recent Toei anime has shit animation, more news at 11

Why are they outsourcing it? DB franchise clearly makes shitton of money so why aren't they giving the animators a proper schedule like Studio Pierrot does for Naruto?

Because Toei like to run 6 billion projects at the same time

Oldfags will know the true quality.

I don't know but that seems pretty stupid. Why don't they just buy a studio or make make separate studios for different kind of anime they make like Sunrise does? I mean they clearly have the money when you look at the statistics.

big deal, they don't have to suck that big a cock anymore.

well my first thought would be that back then they drew it with hands and now it's computer animated and that made them lazy. also, these studios produce more shows at the same time than they did back then. there's no time for that. think about how much effort goes into pooping out multiple episodes of different shows every week.
and I'm happy to be corrected on this - that's just my wild guess

>well my first thought would be that back then they drew it with hands and now it's computer animated and that made them lazy.
This has nothing to do with it. It all boils down to bad production scheduling which results in less time for the artists to draw competently, so everything needs to be rushed. Also the tone of the show is directed and mandated by new directors, which explains the heavy gloss and plastic sheen. The grit of DBZGT will not return unless they willfully decide to do so. Which they won't.

But didn't DB and DBZ had the same schedule? It was released week after week like Super.

Difference being Toei are animating far more now than in the 80's/90's. Not to mention that DB/Z used many of the manga panels as a reference for the anime.

>Now, most of it goes towards plot
>plot is shit

>this faggot is still comparing a long running anime episode from Toei to a OVA
Fucking retard

>Episode of Trunks
>OVA

>computer animation

cheaper and faster but ofc it also looks that way
i grew up watching old school anime and i prefer the old style but today's anime is ok

>most of it goes towards plot
And yet, Super is shittier than GT
How bizarre

It's a TV Special, not an OVA.

They started to cut the spendings since the bubble collapse and decided to keep it that way. Whatever, dumb teens and nostalgic adults will buy this crap and ask for more.

Wasn't there some faggot on deviantart who did edits of scenes in Super so that they would look like they were drawn in the 80s-90s?

It would be nice to see what he could do with these ones.

Glad I'm not the only one that agrees how lazy/shitty it looks now.

this newer style of animation simply can't convey the same emotions and messages the older style could. It doesn't help that super hasn't had a really tense/emotional scene yet since the whole frieza invasion was a repeat of the movie and trunk's girlfriend was irrelevant and nobody cared for her death