Is this the most overrated Movie of all time?

Is this the most overrated Movie of all time?

>Rushed plot
>Characters have no back stories
>Main Antagonist is a plot device with no backstory

>B-but muh epic fight scenes
>muh choreography
>Muh sad Ost and final scene

We live in a world were great fight scenes but the rest is garbage is enough to be called a classic.

Akira and GITS are way more overrated.

You're a fucking retard.

>being this much of a bore

You gay or something? It had good animation, cool fights and a good main theme, what more do you need?

No. This is.

> It had good animation, cool fights and a good main theme, what more do you need?

So does Hellsing so what makes this movie a classic and Hellsing a pleb tier show?

I didn't even knew this movie.
Maybe Jin-Roh, there is lots of people that unironically like that shit.

Is not "over" if they deserve it.

Yeah, I don't really get all of all high praise about sots. It didn't even have a sick death scene like the rock guy splitting his head open in Ninja Scroll. That was some sick shit.

Akira and Gits are overrated but helped revolutionised the genre

No.

/thread

The last fight scene makes up for whatever you are bitching about.

Okay speedwatcher-kun

Depends on what you want from the movie. I wanted awesome samurai action and I got awesome samurai action.
The plot and characters existed just so we could see characters fight. And I'm okay with that.

>B-but muh epic fight scenes
>muh choreography
>Muh sad Ost and final scene
They were all awesome and I'd take them over better plot and characters every day of the week.

Because that fight is the only reason why this movie is so critically acclaimed. I bet most anons here dont even remember the Protagonist's name unless they Google it.

I think it's a bit underrated.

This isn't even highly rated, people just acknowledge it's choreography and animation, retard newfag get with the program

Sometimes you watch a movie and want a straight up action movie and sometimes you want it to be some heartfelt drama or tragedy. SotS pulled off its genre very well and was a fantastic production.

To complain that SotS didnt have super well dressed characters with extremely DEEP back stories and motives is like eating a big chocolate bar and complaining that it doesnt have your daily requirements of vitamin B. You dont eat a goddamn chocolate bar for vitamins.

Because hellsing is chuuni as fuck compared to Stranger.

I don't remember the protagonist's name for 99% of things I watched, even if they're good. It's a collection of sounds that designates a person I can already designate just by saying "MC," why would I need to remember it?

>enough to be called a classic
For one no one calls Sword of the Stranger a "classic." Secondly, your facade is slipping, chimpy; you may have learned how to recognize and mimic human words in familiar sequences but apparently you've still got a long way to go before you understand what any of those words mean, because you don't seem to be able to patch together a coherent statement yet. Tell the lab boys they've got a while to go before they can cash in on their whole "teach monkeys to shit post" research project.

Anyone can enjoy the visuals and chuuni shit in Hellsing as well. Everything doesn't have to be particularly smart or clever, just have a nice execution.

>I bet most anons here dont even remember the Protagonist's name
How can people forget his name when it's literally "anonymous" in Japanese?

Akira and GITS are arguably two of the best looking anime films of all time, Akira especially.

You're watching in 1995+21, aren't you?
Those two are well rated
GiTS was very groundbreaking at that time for using CGI + traditional cel animation for the first time in the anime industry.

What a waste of trips.

Great movie OP is a pleb