Seriously, is Subaru the most controversial protagonist in anime history?

Seriously, is Subaru the most controversial protagonist in anime history?

"Subaru dai ski" said Rom and hold him firmly in his arms.
He knew Subaru was very shy and noticed how uncomfortable Subaru was in his strong grip, but he also knew Subaru would never make the first step.
Rom just wanted to feel Subaru deep inside of him. He was already inside his heart, but what Rom really missed was the physical contact to Subaru. The contact molded by love and sweat. His heart arched as he looked into Subaru's eyes. He couldn't endure it any longer and pressed his lips onto Subaru's.

Subaru on the other hand had always made excuses to postpone the unavoidable. He thought he could just buy himself some time until his body was ready. However, after hearing those words from Rom, Subaru knew he had no other option. It would be now or never. If he let Rom down another time, it would mean that their relationship will be over. That was a reality Subaru couldn't face, he loved Rom too much and also the blowjobs Rom gave him. Rom's oralgame was simply the best. His play with his lips and tongue is supreme, plus Rom has no gag reflex.

Dedicated to save their relationship and bring in onto the next step Subaru escaped Rom's strong hands and pushed him downonto his back. Rom knew what to do, spread his legs and made a goatse. He wasn't a beginner, a fact Subaru doesn't need to know. Subaru unzipped his pants and took his hamcandle out. It was a little bit sweaty but that didn't bother Rom. He loved Subaru as he is.

Subaru pushed slowly inwards of Rom. A moan escaped him but was quickly silenced by a deep kiss. It was so intense Rom's assmuscle convulsed around Subaru. His reaction was a quicker pace. His thrusts became more intense, deeper and with more passion.
It didn't take long and Rom came along Subaru's phallus milked him and begged Subaru to release himself into Rom. It was a chemical reaction. Subaru's body knew what to do. With a last hard thrust he placed himself as deep as he could and emptied everything he's got.

not even top 50

im not op but can you name some

I feel that a lot of the complaints against Re:Zero are unfounded and unfair.

>there are no consequences because he can reset

The resetting is key to Subaru's personality, because the other side to his being able to undo mistakes is that other people know him by his most recent loop. In other words, they don't know the happy-go-lucky Subaru from episode one. If Subaru survived to the end of each arc in his first loop he'd be a normal hero, but because it takes him so many tries he doesn't really make friends with anyone, even though he remembers having friendly conversations with them.

Subaru has the unique position, which the author is smart enough to take advantage of instead of downplaying, that he can't relate to anyone he cares about. He can never tell them the truth about who he is, and no one ever trusts him because he always knows things he shouldn't.

Another very important factor is that he doesn't just "reset" when he dies, he feels the pain and trauma of dying and becomes terrified of it, even more terrified than someone who can die only once would be.

It's a very unique way of writing a story, because in all these arcs Subaru hasn't made any positive progress at all. He hasn't learned any new skills or become better at fighting, and all of his enemies are more powerful than he could ever hope to become. He only makes it out of situations by accident, no one around him respects his fighting abilities, and he only becomes more and more bitter and jaded.

It's a deconstruction. The word is overused, but it really is a deconstruction of your typical anime formula.

fpbp

I hate you dude.

No.

Almost made me hard, ALMOST, but it didn't. Thank God I'm not gay, you had me going there.

I was thinking about this while watching it after the part where barusu was acting like a genki retard and then cried, they didn't see anything other than that, so to them he's some weirdo.

An additional thought, he sure doesn't kill himself as often as would be expected when put into hopeless situations like when emilia dies. I wouldn't poke at that too much, but considering he tactically jumped off of a cliff to upbeat suicide music shouldn't he consider it as an option more often than he does?

please tell me what element lacked. I was limited to 2000 Characters, so it is quite compressed.

Too much intro and too much oral. Honestly if you would have went into more detail about the effects of Rom's ass on Subaru's penis it would have been better. My opinion though, I dunno.

does that mean Emilia approves that relationship?

I'd say Shinji's got him beat.

She's looking down on it.

Honestly, it's better for him to not do so. He can learn about the loop and he can avoid the pain of death longer.

this one is a good start

It's been over 20 years but people are still butthurt about Shinji Ikari.

Shinji
Light
Tenma
Gon

I would love to put all of Sup Forums into this situation one at a time just so they can see how they are even worse and more pathetic than subaru.

It would make for a better show, at least a normal person wouldn't be able to bullshit themselves out of danger because "I'm a NEET but I work out dood"

Kirito only is controversial if you talk with 10 year old kids. Other than that, is bait.

>he doesn't work out
Why? I have all the time in the world, so I go on runs and lift boxes and do pushups and squats and other shit.

You wouldn't be able to fight like a pro against monsters with blades and giant dogs though

>cuckbaru
>controversial

reddit pls

>shouldn't he consider it as an option more often than he does?

It makes the witch smell stronger, although Subaru hasn't paid much attention to that.

For example, he can see Betelgeuse's hands now because of the curse being stronger--unless he was just too crazy to see them the first time

Wake me up when another Shinji comes along.

Gon? How

I acknowledge he can learn more from loops sometimes, I still felt there were certain cases that were dragged out way too long.

I think it should be noted too that at that point he was much more mentally stable. Its pretty clear that he the repeated deaths and suffering is taking a toll on him. When he asked Beeto to kill him, I'm sure that he actually wanted to die, not so much so he can reset everything but more so that he can finally be out of his misery and that maybe by some miracle return by death wouldn't work.

>putting yourself in a chuuni situation

Why are Re: Zero fags so fucking retarded?

I'm watching ReZero become more and more of a meme but I'm not sure if I really want to see it.

Oreimo MC

for starters, they enjoy garbage like rezero, you can't expect them to be intelligent.

eh nandatte

No.

You're either going to hate Subaru for not being a generic gary stu self-insert character, or you'll like Subaru because he's not a generic gary stu self-insert character.

ReZero is weird and dumb. It's going to be hailed as the 'next LotGH' but it's just another Light Novel adaptation with an quirk.

What's controversial about Subaru? He's a dumb bitch.

Being a dumb bitch is not controversial.

A hero of justice IMO
The general dude who rapes the elf girls (not exclusively elfs tho) is more controversial.

Of all the cancers of seasons passed this "nobody can do it better than subaru" idea is easily the most memorable of garbage resembling reason

For starters, the contrarians accuse others of being unintelligent. But you can't expect them to be intelligent if they don't know how to capitalize in a sentence.

There are NEETs in real life that work out. All NEETs are just not employed or currently in education. Plus, Subaru is more of a truant than a NEET.

>there are people who think he was actually faking his insanity

Seriously, is rezero the most cancerous anime in Sup Forums history?

Neither does Subaru, he needs to get saved every single time.

Why people hate Subaru but love characters like Shirou for doing the same things he does?

It did attract hordes of pseudo intellectual MAL 'reviewers' and 'critics' who think their opinions are accepted and mean something here.

I guess it's pretty horrible.

Not really because 1. Minor series and 2. Not popular

>Not Fate/Stay Night
>Not Madoka
>Not Monogatari
>Not motherfucking Naruto

Re:Zero is just normal cancer. It's not even critical let alone life threatening.

the fate/stay night anime wasn't cancerous so far as its relation to Sup Forums unless you mean the VN in which case i'd probably agree

None of those are as bad as Re: Zero. Not even Naruto

Is there an anime character stronger than Madara Uchiha?

And I’m referring to Rinne Tensei Madara Uchiha with the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan and Rinnegan doujutsus (with the rikidou paths ability) equipped with his Gunbai and control of the juubi and Gedou Mazou, a complete Susano’o, with Hashirama Senju’s DNA implanted in his chest so he can perform Mokuton kekkei genkai and yin-yang release ninjutsu as well as being extremely skilled in taijutsu and bukijutsu.

>Not even Naruto

Okay. I know you're trolling now. There's a reason we spent years shitting on every single Naruto thread to get posted on Sup Forums. Nobody will even remember Re:Zero by the end of the year.

>become insane from dying horribly
>turn sane again in a few days after some dude licks your eyeball

huh, really makes you think

Kanda sorata

I'm fairly sure the meaning of controversial isn't entirely clear to you.

i havent seen rezero but shirou is an annoying retard

>butthurt re:zero nigger gets mad

Naruto is irrelevant these days. Nobody gives a fuck anymore.

naruto was legitimately good until the ninja war arc

>implying I even give a shit about Re:Zero

Like I said. It's cancerous. It's far from the most cancerous series we've seen on Sup Forums. It'll be like Hataraku Maou-sama, which was immensely popular when it came out but by the next season it was largely forgotten. Re:Zero certainly isn't going to be anywhere near memorable enough to be a recurring cancer series on Sup Forums like Madoka or even Kill la Kill.

>Seriously, is rezero the most cancerous anime in Sup Forums history?
>in Sup Forums history?
>history?
You do know what history means right?

>people love characters like Shirou

Buddy I got some news for you...

We try to remove those people from the threads, what the fuck?

please leave

What's wrong with Monogatari and Fate? They barely shitpost outside of their own threads.

Don't EVEN get me started faggot. I have written a comprehensive literary analysis the size of a Harry fucking Potter book showing why it's clear Subaru was faking his insanity.

You do NOT want to get in a debate with me kid. Don't push your luck. I will annihilate you motherfucker.

That's Saekano fanbase.

That Re:Zero fag is resorting to other popular fanbases to try to prove his point.

bloody hell

please indulge us

He was showing all the symptoms of acute stress disorder and the cause was shown to us pretty clearly. Also, he didn't blink when his eye got licked, that's not something you can fake. His brain was clearly fucked and he was in a severe dissociative state.

It doesn't makes them less cancerous.

Its just flavor of the season and fags are mad at the general 5 threads a day.

Not most controversial but definitely up there. High enough to get nerds on Sup Forums butthurt

i dont think anyne but shinji could be number 1 oniifam

> Symptoms
> Thinking he wasn't faking when it was proven he was faking by a reader.
You should have listen to Betelgeuse. Betelgeuse is always right and he did nothing wrong.

If by controversial you mean poorly written, then he's certainly worth consideration.

It's not a meme.

welp he is one

>>>/reddit/

really? cause I only ever see it spouted as an easy one liner quip that doesn't actually say anything, i.e. it's a meme

What are you talking about? A lot of people love Shirou. Especially in UBW and Heaven's Feel. (Also Miyu's brother in Prisma Illya)

Betelgeuse thought he was faking his insanity because in Betelgeuse's POV, he went insane without anything happening.

>most controversial protagonist in anime history?

No user-sama, is the blonde slut.

That's not what a meme is, you retard.

>next LoGH
Nigga what are you talking about?
How is this even remotely related to LoGH?
Do you mean Julian, who didnt become a major focus until near the end?

That's the most stupidest notion I've heard about episode 15. Subaru was faking his bullshit because he was trying to be an attention whore like Betelgeuse said. A reader confirmed it. It just so happened that those of you who believed it to be madness fell for it.

it sounds like we have different definitions of what a meme is, which is fine, it's ok if you want to be wrong about that

but if you're just going to say "he's poorly written xD" without giving any sort of good explanation on the matter that isn't just a bunch of subjective bullshit, you're not any better than the meme spouters, regardless of whether you consider "subaru is poorly written" as a meme or not

>a reader confirmed it

So you're trusting a literally who and still continue to claim that he was faking it. Sasuga.

>Anything popular/heavily discussed is cancerous
I don't get this. Is it a meme?

>this is what newfags believe

spfag confirmed it. I know because I looked back on what he said before and everything added up. Stop overthinking and believe in Betelgeuse. Betelgeuse is always right.

>controversial
>pic of objective best girl
?

Doesn't Subaru realize you have to git gud before playing hero and chasing tail?