Whats so bad about this anime?

Whats so bad about this anime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vx3vD2EThXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Kyoani

everything

nothing

The story was kind of weak. Everything else was pretty great, though.

Forced moe

Story suffers from being unironic semi-edgy shonen from the early 00s

It's bad for Kyoani standards. Makes you wonder what drived them to adapt it.

pretty good
had a great opening

>MC: MMMMM YEAH MEGANE *cums*

I really liked KnK. Not sure what the hate is about.

Also Mirai was best fluffy girl all years.

I liked it, but I gotta admint the plotholes are as big as the KNK youmu

ENDING WAS SHIT

Retards were labeling it as the "Monogatari Killer" and it failed to deliver

I agree with that MC.

Bad:
-mess of a plot on first sight
-KyoAni deciding to adapt the LN in more "lighthearted" way, while the novel is actually grimdark (which is though reflected in OAV and Movie)

Good:
Masterpiece in hindsight. Despite the meh writing, Ishidate proven himself to be best KyoAni director already at his first work and managed to turn this mess into actually involving, emotional and coherent story. Appreciating it though needs knowledge of the story as whole i.e. watching whole TV, OAV and Movie - which is kind of a pain.

Basically the travel is not too exciting, but the goal is. Its one of the stories i value highest among KyoAni works, i`ll not rewatch it though.

Someone wanna explain to me what MC's mom was?

Was she some kind of god, or some shit, been awhile since I watched the movie.

>Whats so bad about this anime?

outside the stupid ending, nothing

nothing really, was a fun watch, hemomancy is cool and she was cute

Is this worth it for the fluffy?

yes, don't let anyone tell you otherwise

Insufficient worldbuilding, poor handling of the plot towards the ending, and lack of focus on character development outside the main couple.

>poor handling of the plot towards the ending
This isn't true, the show is just focused on romance, not the whole "save the world" deal.

I think the megane fetish could have been replaced with something more tasteful and I'm still neutral on Akkey but I liked Mirai, Mitsuki, and Hiroomi.

Honestly I'm really hype about Ishidate being on of KyoAni's main directors now, because there are so many aspects of his direction that I love and he might even surpass Yamada for me, given the right material. Plus he does more serious/ambitious plots. I hope he does well with Evergarden, this time we won't get Hanada's fuckery since he's doing Hibike.

its like k-on but with swords instead of guitars

what?

You need to be 18+ to post on Sup Forums
This garbage is clearly for

The plot was your standard LN fare, but the characterization and atmosphere was fantastic.

>weak messy plot
>shit characters
>main romance isn't compelling or even interesting
>For priding itself as an action series the actual action is largely forgettable

Only the most diehard of KyoAni supporters will defend it but even amongst the base as a whole it's agreed that its among their weakest works next to Phantom World and Chuu2.

1. Unnecessarily added original content.
2. shitty ending
3. weak plot
4. Not enough Mitsuki
5. It didn't look like the LN PV youtube.com/watch?v=Vx3vD2EThXI

It was still a decent watch.

>but the characterization and atmosphere was fantastic
Thanks for the laugh

>the show is just focused on romance
No it didn't. The defense force just uses that as excuse because the actual plot is shit.

>the characterization and atmosphere was fantastic.
My nigga

The two leads here are bad and everything about their interactions and characterization feels forced. The rest of the cast are largely unremarkable except for the brother who manages to be pretty entertaining despite being a walking archetype of three different characters to cater to fetishes.

The actual plot is weak as shit and doesn't make any sense when put as whole.

The action is disappointingly somber despite all the hype it recieved before its released that it'll mainly be the focus.

Not as bad as say Chuu2 which was just a waste of time but its definitely in the pile of their weaker works alongside Munto and Phantom.

The idolshit episode.

The second half of the story was a mess, the filler was bad, and it was definitely too melodramatic. Then the movie was nothing but ridiculous melodrama.

Sup Forums cries melodrama way too easily, but this series was melodramatic as a motherfucker.

Reading my post now, I feel like I should point out some of the show's good points.

The direction was incredible. Personally I found the characters very distinct and charming, but they seem to be really divisive. I also felt like the world building was really strong.

Again, all of these things were ruined by the movie.

>kyoani botched another ln that won/got runnerup in their rigged competition
>kyoani signature original touches that added nothing to the story
I don't know why eleven writers keep falling for this one and submitting their work to a subpar studio.

I don't know why anons keep writing low quality bait posts.

The fact that she is not real

Asspull ending.

Megane had no reason to come back

Akkey's desires brought her back.