Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

Respect the D/D/D, inferior rivals.

Other urls found in this thread:

roadoftheking.com/dd-advance-combo
roadoftheking.com/dd-basic-combo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Cyber Dragon was the best deck in the game for a while during GX. So yes, they were as relevant as DDD during their launch. Cyber Dragon itself was even a staple for an extremely long time outside the deck.

Speaking of, anyone else notice how well D/D Savant Nikola, D/D/D Wisdom King Chaos Apocalypse and Dark Contract with the Witch works?
>Activate Witch effect, Discard Apocalypse, destroy opponents card.
>Activate Apocalypse effect in grave, destroying set scales and special summoning to the field.
>Activate Nikola effect, returning Apocalypse to the hand and resetting the scales.
Free destruction each turn.

>people seriously think Yuma isn't the worst protagonist.

What is a good opening move for D/D/D? I know if you go second, it's an OTK race, but what if you go first?

CrystalSieg?

Crystal Wing + Seigfried and Number 38 if you can do it.

How though? Any good guides out there?
I usually only play pure D/D/D with no non-D/D monsters.

roadoftheking.com/dd-advance-combo
roadoftheking.com/dd-basic-combo

- Summon D/D Savant Kepler
- Use Dark Contract with the Gate
- Fusion Summon Genghis, preferably using D/D Swirl Slime
- Keep comboing until you have a field of Sieg, Crystal Wing and Number 38

I don't care about win records. All I care about is personalities, stories and how interesting they are. And Yuma fucking sucks, he's annoying and there's nothing interesting about him.

You just described Yuya.

Yuya and Judai are just as bad.

>not liking best protagonist

Easily the worst as a character.

slut

Looks like a pure Red Riding Yuya to me.

Holy Shit Shinji is such a faggot

Source?

I think its the one where reiji or shun rape yuya while dressed as a wolf

Oh, okay. Would you happen to know the Pixiv tag for "Red Riding Hood"?

Imo Yuma came off as relatively less preachy than Yuya or late Yusei. His biggest question for Shark towards the end was why they have to fight as former nakama, not why he isn't embracing the mantra of the show and living his life correctly. He talked to Tron by relating the conversation to what he witnessed with Tron's sons, not by talking at him with only kattobingu.

That's not to say he wasn't irritating in other ways, but a character who's dumb and stubborn is slightly less noxious to me than a preacher.

Supposedly the fact that Yuya learned that duels are like conversations between duelists is a major lesson he took from Synchro, but those 'conversations' have shown to be laughably one-sided.

Adorable

Need to put Jounouchi face on this

>less noxious to me than a preacher.
This.
Yuma dueled and lived with his kattobingu, not giving up and everything else. He had his downs, like breaking his promise and using Numbers against Shark, but he dueled earnestly. Other people saw his efforts and goodwill and adopted it themselves as well as changing themselves.
Instead, Yuya has the whole preacher feeling. It feels like he tried to force his ideologies to the opponents and the crowd. The piss poor horrible execution doesnt help either.

>mfw wrong RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN again

>struggling against mook tower guard

But Yuya failed many times as a preacher, and it wound up almost getting him killed against Jack when he fell off his bike.

But he succeeds just as often as he fails and his successes are incredibly forced.

for yuu

Synchro arc in all its horribleness raised some good points and had some great development concerning Yuya's ideology. Too bad they threw that shit out of the window as soon as the arc ended.

I have failed you, I got distracted looking at pictures of yuya

He's been on a steamroll for 15 episodes, sure, but he was a failure as a preacher for 100 episodes.

>tfw onion knight levels of stat growth

He wasn't a failure for 100 episodes. He didn't really get pushed hard until Syncho and even then he was validated at the end of it and threw all that out the window.

If anything he's been a failure from the end of Standard where he lost his mojo i.e Yuzu until the climax of Syncrow with a break in the prison arc. Standard loved him.

Oh please. There was never any threat of death or long lasting bodily harm in that exhibition duel.

The problem isn't Yuya wanting less bloodshed, it's everyone around him, especially his adversaries, being dumbed down so that he can finally be effective. I get what they were going for with Yuya learning that he can be his own man, not his father's shadow, but it just came off as
>it took you that fucking long?
When he went 'oh yeah pendulums are kinda my thing, I guess'

On top of that, past series never made it a conspicuous thing that duels are like conversations between duelists. It was just an assumed thing from the beginning that was built into the very structure of how characters interacted, so I'm sort of confused on why Arc-V makes it an especially big deal like it's a revelation.

There's a theme of the importance of communication I feel like they're trying to shoot for, but it's kind of hard to buy into it when the relationships between characters don't really feel that important or even get screentime, other than the obvious Yuya/Yuzu.

I know that feeling. It happens to me a lot.

>uses the lessons he learned to great effect
>HE THREW EVERYTHING HE LEARNED AWAY WHAT A STUPID NON EDGY FAGGOT

>There was never any threat of death or long lasting bodily harm in that exhibition duel
Everybody knew he was going to be okay because a YGO protagonist would never be seriously hurt, but he did fall off a bike on his head and it'd be pretty serious if not for anime logic.

Why do Yuyafags always assume people who don't like his development want him to be edgy?
Yuya didn't use his lessons in Synchro to great effect. He tried to force his views on Kaito and realized it was wrong later. Then Edo the twins and every other character just dropped their own views and switched sides because. Edo was the only one who got the tiniest bit of buildup but even then it was incredibly abrupt and forced.

Yusei had to have surgery.

>if
That's the key word. They were never going to make Jack a child murderer or anything like it, so I don't know why you're trying to argue for a useless point, attaching those kinds of stakes to a 1-episode duel.

he learned to communicate through his duels and entame better. It took longer with Kaito but he came around eventually to

Yuya is a manlet

I'm trying to show that Yuya got fucked over by something every time he tried to preach before his final duel against Jack. It was the same against Kachidoki and Reiji.

he's just so captivating

Communication is supposed to go both ways. Those duels were just Yuya beating people over the head while they were easily swayed his way. We didn't know enough about the other characters for the duels to be meaningful. Instead of struggling he just got over on them with very little effort.

He was too mad at Reiji to preach at him. No one ever claimed he never ever failed, but that a current issue is how ungraceful the transition and execution was of Yuya finally becoming effective more often than not. His past failures don't make how Academia reacts to him in the current moment convincing.

It wasn't the case with Edo, as he refused to accept Yuya's worldview several times during the duel even though he already believed in it thanks to Yusho.
Kaito, on the other hand, was one of Yusho's students and his brief duel against Yuya didn't even trigger his heel turn. It was his duel against Shun.

I wouldn't say very little effort He still struggled in all his xyz duels, and conviced them by showing the Tylors that dueling could be used not for something jingoistic and destructive but rather beautiful and exciting.

Edo already saw that in his duel with Yusho which was why he was fighting so hard to deny that truth.

So much of Edo and Kaito's characters (especially Edo) in Arc-V revolve around their encounter with egao through Yusho, they feel like they primarily exist to be swayed and stand as another tally in favor of the egao conversion count.

Edo is in a high ranking position in Academia, and yet they show him laboring over egao and egao world more than him doing any of his actual job. Or interacting with Leo/other Academia members.

The problem was that Edo was incredibly loyal to the professor yet still decided to switch sides for whatever reason. He never seemed like he felt bad about carding people so him switching sides was bogus. Especially since he knew people could be uncarded and felt that the professor's goal was noble. His whole speech to the students made zero sense and it made even less sense that they were so moved by it to switch sides. Then we got the twins and Noro switching sides and apparently the Xyz dimension citizens have no hard feelings despite not knowing that their loved ones could be uncarded. They just didn't care anymore. Why did all this happen? To make Yuya and Yusho seem right.

Kaito being Yusho's student came out of nowhere.

We haven't even gotten to the part where any of the main characters have interacted with Leo, and you want Edo, who betrayed Academia and is stuck in Xyz Dimension to interact with him? You're asking too much. The writers are busy worldbuilding Fusion Dimension and I don't think we're getting any significant interaction anytime soon.

It was very little effort and he barely struggled. The Tylers were jokes and they killed who knows how many people. Them getting changed by 1 duel was bad writing. Everyone accepting them was horrible writing. They already had fun with their dueling. They didn't need to switch sides for it. They didn't even feel bad about anything they did.

>So much of Edo and Kaito's characters (especially Edo) in Arc-V revolve around their encounter with egao through Yusho, they feel like they primarily exist to be swayed and stand as another tally in favor of the egao conversion count.

that is exactly their point user

user was trying to argue that Edo and Kaito's conversions weren't that unconvincing.

I'm saying that they're barely characters in their own right in the first place, being set up to be 2 more extensions of egao from as soon as we get their backstory. If the problem isn't that their conversions were sloppy, then the entire premise of the characters is what rubs me the wrong way.

That part certainly felt forced. But I think it has to do with how rushed the Xyz arc felt. I'm sure it would feel more believable if the writers had more time to build everything up, but you can't really blame this on fictional characters.

If I were a war criminal and were offered an easy out I would definitely get on the deck. Most realistic thing I've ever seen

even former Nazi's can have dairy farms in Wisconsin user

I'm talking about before he converted. I also mentioned 'OR other Academia members' which you conveniently ignored. Just a little something to convince me that these guys are actually a somewhat organized army and organization, not just a bunch of loosely connected ragtag groups doing whatever the fuck they want.

That's not how it was presented. They didn't feel like they did anything wrong and no one treated them like they were wrong. Nazis are still going on trial and prosecuted to this day. The Academia Soldiers in Xyz just stopped and started cooking soup which being invited into the secret bases of the Xyz soldiers where they kept civilians. No one was afraid of them, no one was angry with them, no one batted an eyelash at them.

No one is placing blame on fictional 2d characters. Everyone already operates under the assumption that the quality of writing is specifically what's being discussed here, unless you're a moron.

Everyone is aware that Kaito is being shoehorned in for some reason by the people writing him, but that doesn't mean viewers aren't allowed to like him less for that as a reaction.

their cameos, if not them then some homegrown characters wouldve filled the role, but Arc-V is anniversary series so they trotted out some past characters whose voice actors wouldnt break the bank

>Xyz just stopped and started cooking soup

doesn't that show some effort on their part to make amends, which would imply some regret on their past actions?

>whose voice actors wouldnt break the bank
Are you kidding me? In what world do you live in where Akira Ishida isn't one of the most recognized names when it comes to male seiyuu? Do you also think that Koki Uchiyama is some nobody?

If hiring a cheaper choice was their objective, they would've gotten Thunder or Johan.

It doesn't transition well. Why should Xyz citizens allow people who've been hunting them down until now cook for them? Why should they trust them? Who says it isn't a trick? They skipped far too much and it made everything come off as cheap and fake.

what is that expression trying to convey?

>whose voice actors wouldn't break the bank
They already have Ono and Hosoya, pretty sure they're just throwing money away

>have Hosoya
Barely.

The pain of being streamed through a toaster

You mean, Sup Forums? Yeah.

The 3mb webm limit is proof that Sup Forums still hasn't caught up with the times

>give back yuzu

>Almost 5000 RT

The nips legit think this nigga is going to die. Also they found a new meme face.

That's a new-ish expression. Almost Kagami-esque.

How do you know they're legit? The nips meme so much, they sometimes put Sup Forums to shame.

is this a new punched in stomach face?

Crystal Wing+Siegfried turbo all day every day.

That's sorta lewd

>nutted but she still sucking

Wtf, I first thought it was a fan made goofy pic or something

Return Yuzu please.

How long can Yuya live without Yuzu?

>Rin: I love Yuuri.

Long enough until he starts fucking pulling Marik tier faces.

I wish we got more of these

>Rin boots him in the nuts

weeb

>Rin pleases old men for cards

Friendly reminder that Reiji can suck D/D/DEEZ NUTS

Does anybody actually use regular effect performapals in the decks?

Secondonkey's good

So are Helpprincess, Friendonkey and I guess Uni and Corn.

Think is there are much more pendulum performapals and they have the benefit of not going to the graveyard. How many performapal decks have ways to get card back from the grave?

I love you Ebina

Is the Marik face that popular in Japan?

I can see Ebina is learning from the based Kagami.

Yes, it's the creator of memes.

It's time for us to settle it, once and for all.