And how a neet is so social anyway

It's his isekai fantasy in the flesh!
Except he's a moron

plot convenience

Jesus Christ
This anime is shit

What if the real world was the fantasy?

>implying the fantasy world isn't hell

But he wondered it. In the first episodes. Rewatch.

What if he's just self inserting into the manga from the start?

This is what's known as bad writing.

It's something teenage idiots typically overlook.

This is what's know as not paying attention to details.

>NEET =/= Hikkikomori
NEETs can be social, they're just deemed useless by society.
>Has bad relationship with everyone he knows
>Is considered a disappointment by his parents
>neglect's a bitch to deal with
>Thinks Isekai is a way to reset his shitty life

The entire setting of the series is just a detail huh
You fags really have ascended pass retardation, you can't make this stuff up

Well that would cause pacing issues and it really has no fucking point if he is just gonna run around looking for a lead no one has the whole first episode. Not all NEETs are anti social, they just don't have jobs. Even then he said that he sees it as a whole new life.

He's in a coma and will wake up without legs

NHK pretty much blurred the lines between NEET and Hikkikomori. Pretty much a major reason why I hate that anime.

No he means you're a retard who can't pay attention to details

> And how a neet is so social anyway
I don't like that character but he was never really established as introverted. He could've been a NEET and be social as hell. These two things are really not in conflict with each other.

>Wasting an episode on shit that won't be answered till the end.

wew lad, the shaftfags are getting butthurt from the other thread and need to blow some steam on Re:zerofags

>And how a neet is so social anyway

>I don't know what NEET means.

>autists upset subaru's social skills make it impossible to self insert
My condolences.

Not all NEETs have autism like you user-kun~

>get transported to a medieval fantasy world
>spend all your time playing vidya and watching anime in your room

Oh wait, he can't, he has no choice but to be social

He is sociable but has kind of a misunderstood personality due to his father's influence.
He tries really really hard to spread smiles in order to get affected by them but he is expressing himself in an odd way that people may judge him lowly.
He ended up becoming a neet but his tiring facade helps him get friends faster.

Why can't we just call ourselves Re: Tards?

I would have been a lot easier had the anime at least made a bother trying to hint at his backstory.

That's a pretty dumb reason for hating NHK.

I thought this anime just as same as edge of tomorrow but as i look the jerk is weak still weak don't have any idea or possible no brain how to survive in the fantasy world. I like skip a lot of episode to episode 17 and still whiny "i don't want to die"

Now that we have anons running around pretending to be esl and shitposting I can't tell if you're pretending to be retarded or not.

Truly a new age of shitposting

His backstory is explored in arc 4. His whole "neet" phase was recent he basically wanted to be disowned by his parents.

He lived his life being fairly good at everything, or at least above average, and got lots of praise and being compared to his dad who was mister awesome who memes like he does, except everyone likes him.

He grows up, things still ok but he feels like he's falling behind and won't step up to his father's image, then he thinks "maybe if i start acting like him it'll work", then he does, and he starts doing all sorts of outrageous shit to try to seem like the cool kid, acting like a memester like you see in the anime. Doesn't work, he loses all his friends, and starts feeling like a piece of shit.

Thinks that if he can't ever step up to his father, he should just not attend school and generally act like a disgusting neet so his parents lose faith in him and disown him, since he feels he doesn't deserve to be in their life. Instead, his parents are awesome and support him, by asking him to make an effort, and that they believe in him, which just makes him feel like an even bigger pile of turd.

Then the isekai happened. So this whole world deal, is him thinking "now they can forget about their useless son, and i get to have a chance at starting anew in this world. Maybe even have friends".

His social nature is occasionally a facade as he's actually an insecure guy who tries and wants to be more awesome than he really is.

That's why he clings to Emilia so much. She was the first person who was nice to him and he desperately wants to be accepted by someone.

He's 18
Thats not a real NEET, thats just someone in the post-highschool dry phase. He would have probably went to college or something in another few months.

It's like all those 18-20 year old "NEETs" that go around acting like they know what its like to be one of the 25+ year old big dog truNEETs.

Kind of a weak backstory if you ask me

Just like him. So kinda fitting huh.

This has to be one of the most retarded backstories I have read in my entire life. Holy shit.

Volume 1 of the LN says almost 17.

>how a neet is so social anyway
he is very social and he got it from his dad. he is neet by choice

Here we go again.

NEET =/= Hikikomori

Just because you're a NEET doesn't mean you're socially awkward. Being a NEET simply means you're not going to school or working.

Is Mushoku Tensei similar to Re:Zero? I'm trying to fill the void now that I0m caught up.

No, and MT is garbage.

I did surprise me that he never brought it up to beako, though. The concept of people beyond the waterfall is already a rumor, so easily Beako or the clown might know more details about it, even about other dimensions or time travelling and what not.

But in the end, caring about plot and plotholes is even more base and pathetic than a pulp/LN work that has some

That's just shitty writing

Come on user. Don't tell me you never went through one of those phase during your teenage years.

This has to be the stupidest fucking backstory I've ever read. He has an ideal life and deliberately fucks it all up because he has daddy issues like a little girl. Pathetic.

No, but MT is better.

It happens i know because i'm pretty much the same. And i feel like a piece of shit for it.

KYS, that's a pathetic excuse for hating a good anime.

>he never wondered how he got into the fantasy world
Imagine that he did. So fucking what?
>And how a neet is so social anyway
The first half dozen episodes do a fantastic job of explaining that. He's unlikable because of the way in which he's extroverted.

Low quality bait.

>It really bothers me how he never wondered how he got into the fantasy world
It's magic. Ain't gonna explain shit.

Why? You aren't supposed to relate or pity him anyway.

Then is there any similar Isekai?

Now that's an anime I need to see